phera-plex pct advise please

M

marc417

Awards
i am 33years old.5'10, 200lbs. unsure of bf%. i am pretty solid allover with a little softness around my abs, i am planning a 4 wk phera-plex cycle @ 10mg, 20mg, 20mg, and if all goes well increase to 30mg wk4. i already have rebound xt, lean xtreme, and activate(all by designer supplements) on hand. i am debating if i need nolva or not. many say it is required and many say it is not neccessary. i have done a ton of research and i am still unsure if i will add nolva. i have other support supplements on hand.i am seeking advise before the start of my cycle. i need advise on the nolva situation, and please chime in whether or not you agree with my other pct products. thanks

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Moved to cycle section.

I doubt there is a need to incrementally up the dose on PP. As long as you are gaining at a steady rate at 10 mg, I would not up the dose.

As for Nolva..it's the most researched option and we know it works. The newer Rebound/atd compounds are less understood and there is a possibility they throw off blood test numbers. As PP is less suppressive than other orals, you may be fine using Rebound but I personally would throw in a low dose of Nolva alongside of it.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
i am 33years old.5'10, 200lbs. unsure of bf%. i am pretty solid allover with a little softness around my abs, i am planning a 4 wk phera-plex cycle @ 10mg, 20mg, 20mg, and if all goes well increase to 30mg wk4. i already have rebound xt, lean xtreme, and activate(all by designer supplements) on hand. i am debating if i need nolva or not. many say it is required and many say it is not neccessary. i have done a ton of research and i am still unsure if i will add nolva. i have other support supplements on hand.i am seeking advise before the start of my cycle. i need advise on the nolva situation, and please chime in whether or not you agree with my other pct products. thanks
I'd have the Nolva on hand. I did a 4 week PP at 20,20,20,20 and had ZERO adverse symptoms while on cycle which fooled me into thinking it would be an easy PCT. After the first couple days of PCT I had a sudden flare-up of itchy painful nipples that were quite obviously a reaction to my body trying to reorient its hormone balance. I was EXTREMELY GRATEFUL that I had Nolva on hand (instead of having to order it in a panic and then pull my hair out waiting for it to be delivered).

BTW, I'm also kicking myself for not taking some prophylactically....at least in the first week of PCT when the body is struggling hardest to adjust to the sudden imbalance in hormones. Don't let an easy cycle lull you into complacency like it did me.:hammer:

B

Burner

Awards
Well i think he means prophylactically, which means to prevent or defend, like a prophylactic :)

G

gten79

Awards
I could be wrong, but I believe it was an old, old, wooden ship used during the civil war era....:hammer:

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
What is "prophalactically"
Sorry, too tired. I meant prophylactically - as a preventative. Nolva blocks the estrogen receptors in breast tissue preventing estrogen from acting upon them. In our context, this is useful during PCT while there is an excess of estrogen in the body (before your HPTA has kicked back into gear and restored a proper t/e balance). In my case, because I was not showing an adverse symptoms, I assumed that I hadn't experienced HPTA shutdown and that I'd be OK just using an ATD product. Each person's body is different but for me, the ATD alone didn't do it. I'm now in week 3 of PCT and am only taking 20 mg nolva every three days (it has a half-life of 5 days)....but there was a good ten days where I needed 40-60 ml daily to get the nipple issue under control.

In my opinion, (1) it's better to take small doses of something to prevent a problem than high doses to cure a problem; (2) better to have a product on-hand even if you don't need it than to need it and not have it on-hand.