Another 8 weeks - this time with e... MAX LMG

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Ok, I've decided to try ALRI's e... Max LMG. This is the new brown/amber bottle, not the original green bottle. I have not used either product before.

Diet:
* 3300-3500 cal. range ED with gradual (weekly) increase depending on weekly weight gain assesment.
Products:
* ON: e... MAX LMG: Weeks 1-4 @ 20mg ED.
* PCT: CNW Nolva Weeks 5-8 @ 80/60/40/40
* Supplements: Vit C, Vit E, Calcium, Flax Oil, Hemp Oil, Saw Palmetto, Beverly Intl. Ultra 40
Workout:
* 5 day split.

Official start date is Monday August 1st. First dose will be immediately after my blood draw - yes, I'm getting blood work done before cycle starts.

Here's what I look like now. I finished a clean bulk cycle two weeks ago (food only - no supplements) and took a two week break. I've been to the gym once and got a little sloppy with my diet the last few days. I'll post weight tomorrow.

Weekly update summary
Body weight taken in the morning on empty after nature calls :whip:
Starting weight: 171 lbs
End of week 1: 174 lbs; +3 lbs from start (20mg e...MAX ED)
End of week 2: 172 lbs; +1 lbs from start, -2 lbs from previous week (20mg e...MAX ED)
End of week 3: 174 lbs; +3 lbs from start, +2 lbs from previous week (20mg e...MAX ED)
End of week 4: 175 lbs; +4 lbs from start; +1 lbs from previous week (20mg e...MAX ED)
End of week 5: 177 lbs; +6 lbs from start; +2 lbs from previous week (20mg SD ED)
End of week 6: 180 lbs; +9 lbs from start; +3 lbs from previous week (20mg SD ED)
End of week 7 (End of week 1 PCT): 180 lbs; +9 lbs from start; +0 lbs from previous week
End of week 8 (End of week 2 PCT): 176 lbs; +5 lbs from start; -4 lbs from previous week :sick:

Attachments

Last edited:
silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Start of cycle stats

Height: 5'8"
Weight: 171 lbs
Waist: 32"
Arms: 14"
Forearms: 11 1/2"
Shoulders: 48"
Chest/back: 42"
Thighs: 22 1/2" top 16 1/2" bottom
Calves: 15 1/2"

Last edited:

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the measurements, good luck!

Last edited:
silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Face and scalp are oilier than normal; feeling a bit lethargic.
I'll post weight at the end of the week.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
End of week 1

Weight: 174 lbs (on empty) :whip:
* +3 lbs from official starting weight
* skin looks kind of soft and puffy, looks like I'm holding water
* still a bit lethargic
* face and scalp still a bit oily
* no significant changes in strength or endurance
* nipples feel a little strange, like they're being pinched at the tip
* I have to do something about my midsection. I'm thinking about jumping rope in the morning three times a week or something but I don't want to risk muscle weight... Bitch, bitch, bitch; always something to be unhappy about... :frustrate:

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
I don't know what the deal is with my right knee

My right knee hurts when I stretch my leg, especially if I'm standing and I lock it. I think I'm going to skip legs this week; too bad, I was really looking forward to a good leg workout :sad:

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
Best of luck to ya! I'm sure it'll go well.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
End of week 2

Weight: 172 lbs (on empty) :whip:
* +1 lbs from official starting weight; -2 lbs from last week
* more lethargic than last week
* face and scalp still a bit oily, scalp is itchy and getting acne behind my ears
* no significant changes in strength or endurance
* I missed several meals due to lethargy; a couple of times I felt dizzy - I'll have to start force-feeding or something because I just don't feel like eating... :aargh:

Anyone know of a natural way to stimulate appetite? I HAVE TO EAT :food:

Last edited:
Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Any changes in body measurements?
Appetite enhacnement.. dosent injecable vitB12 increase appetite?
I hear Hexatropin from IBE is great for appetite enhancement (never mind being a huge GH booster)

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Brief Update

* Right knee started feeling normal so I did legs this week. I made sure not to over excert myself and still had an excellent workout.
* Lethargy seems to be going away. I'm force feeding and I started feeling much better. Take this lethargy :FUfinger:
* Overall strength is up. This is very strange, because this week it seems like a switch was turned on (for the lack of a better description) - very interesting:
- Bench press: +30 lbs
- Overhead Tricep Extensions: +20 lbs
- CG Rows: +20 lbs
- Preacher Curls: +10 lbs
I don't lift as much as I should because I have to focus on proper form, however this is a very significant increase in strength.
* Midsection still a bit flabby but that's my fault.
* I'll post weight and measurements at the end of the week.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
End of week 3

Weight: 174 lbs (on empty) :whip:
* +3 lbs from official starting weight; +2 lbs from last week
* fixed lethargy issue by force feeding
* face and scalp still a bit oily; scalp is very itchy and getting acne on scalp and behind my ears
* strength and dendurance are up, although this could be related to diet since I started force feeding...
* I have to run some errands this morning. I'll post measurements later today

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Current Stats

Weight: 174 lbs
Waist: 34" :rasp:
Thighs: 22" top 18" bottom

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Weight: 174 lbs
Waist: 34" :rasp:
Thighs: 22" top 18" bottom
I just finished week 1 of E-max @ 20 mg/day. I started @ 11%BF, and a 31" waist. I have been feeling a bit bloated this week and it is evidenced by a waist measurement of 32.5" this evening. Diet is on point so that is not it. I am figuring h2o retention also. I'll see how it goes. I am going to follow your cycle to see what is possibly in store for me.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Thinking of extending cycle

My gains thus far are negligible. I've experienced some recomp but I can achieve the same result without e-max...

If I don't experience any significant changes by the end of this week I may
1. extend the cycle to 40 days in hopes that I'll respond better to the product - that's an extra 12 days from the original 4 weeks (28 days)
2. extend the cycle an extra week and up dose to 30mg ED the last week
3. end e-max at the end of the 4th week and do a 3 week superdrol cycle then PCT
4. end e-max at the end of the 4th week as originally planned and go straight to PCT

I'm also considering using DS Rebound XT then Nolva for PCT instead of Nolva standalone...

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Did you ever really feel "ON" thru the first 3 weeks. I see that you felt a switch was turned on, but how long did that last? I've also gained ~3lbs without any noticeable increase in LBM.

Last edited:
silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Not at all, the "on" feeling happened this past week but I think it may be related to food instead of e-max.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Recomp == too few cals, so aside from that, looking at your lifts, I'd say the cycle went well!

+30lbs on bench? ****! What I wouldn't give to se that in "weeks"!

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
End of week 4

Weight: 175 lbs (on empty) :whip:
* +4 lbs from official starting weight; +1 lbs from last week
* face and scalp still a bit oily; scalp is very itchy and getting acne on scalp and behind my ears. Started AA scalp applications two weeks ago
* no significant changes in strength or endurance since last week
* body looks puffy, perhaps holding water
* initial nipple sensitivity must have been psychological - zero signs of gyno :thumbsup:
* no mood changes

My expectations of e-Max may have been too high. I feel that I could have made these gains with diet and exercise alone. I'm not saying e-Max is bunk; it is possible that I don't respond to this product like other people or perhaps I need a higher dose.

I think I'm going to stop taking e-Max and move on to SD for two to three weeks. I'd like to gain as much weight as I possibly can since I'm already "on".

Also, as stated previously, I'm also considering using DS Rebound XT then Nolva for PCT instead of Nolva standalone... suggestions?

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
* +4 lbs from official starting weight; +1 lbs from last week
* face and scalp still a bit oily; scalp is very itchy and getting acne on scalp and behind my ears. Started AA scalp applications two weeks ago
* body looks puffy, perhaps holding water
* initial nipple sensitivity must have been psychological - zero signs of gyno :thumbsup:
* no mood changes

My expectations of e-Max may have been too high. I feel that I could have made these gains with diet and exercise alone. I'm not saying e-Max is bunk; it is possible that I don't respond to this product like other people or perhaps I need a higher dose.

I think I'm going to stop taking e-Max and move on to SD for two to three weeks. I'd like to gain as much weight as I possibly can since I'm already "on".

Also, as stated previously, I'm also considering using DS Rebound XT then Nolva for PCT instead of Nolva standalone... suggestions?
I just finished 2 weeks (of 3) on E-max, with no noticeable increase in LBM, strength or endurance. No decrease in recovery time. I am sure my expectations are too high, after my previous SD results in May. I am considering stopping the E-max and finishing with 2 weeks of SD. I was going to run Prostanazol, but I am thinking of just starting PCT X 4 weeks after the SD.
PCT: Nolva 40,40,20,20; Clomid 100,100,50,50; DHEA 100,100,50,50; Rebound XT 1,2,2,3; Lean Extreme 3 cap/day

Last edited:

Boss_K

Awards
  • Established
That sucks man...I would just go ahead and switch to a 2-3week cycle of superdrol then pct. I'd do that unless you were feeling shut down, but by the sounds of it the emax isnt doing much of anything....

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Brief update

SD lethargy has kicked in - a lot more noticeable than e...Max.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
End of week 5

Weight: 177 lbs (on empty) :whip:
* +6 lbs from official starting weight; +2 lbs from last week
* face and scalp still a bit oily; scalp is very itchy and getting acne on scalp and behind my ears. Started AA scalp applications three weeks ago
* body not as puffy anymore; also mid section not as boated, perhaps SD is counteracting these e...MAX related side-effects
* I was a little edgy this week
* lethargy is more noticeable, however I've been able to manage it by force feeding. Also increased my liver tabs dosage to 20 tab ED. Perhaps the B-12 in these tabs is also helping counteract the lethargy. Either way I like them and unlike others I get zero gas from them, which is a big plus hehe :thumbsup:
* I'm increasing my daily caloric intake by 500 starting today

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
silversurfer, do you always have a hard time gaining weight? SD seemed a little better than the emax for you, but not that much?

handzilla, that's Serge Nubret, isn't it? Talk about the golden days of BBing...

I am currently on e...max, 7th day of 10mg and I already am noticing some shrinkage, although I am on formestane at the same time and I heard that is somewhat suppressive also. Er... Enough hijacking.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
I don't put on weight as fast as others, but that's ok, I know it takes time.
The root cause is diet discipline. I have to get better at managing my time and making sure I eat.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
End of week 6

Weight: 180 lbs (on empty) :whip:
* +9 lbs from official starting weight; +3 lbs from last week
* face and scalp still a bit oily; scalp is still itchy; still doing AA scalp applications
* body still not as puffy, however bloat became more noticeable in my midsection; started Nolva on Thursday and took my last SD dose on Friday
* I was a little edgy this week and started feeling a little sick, although several family members, friends and co-workers have been passing around some kind of bug so this may not be entirely related to my cycle
* lethargy still noticeable but more manageable the last few days

I'm very happy with my gains thus far!!! :thumbsup: I have never been 180 lbs before so this is a big deal to me. I know that I'll probably lose some of this weight during PCT because some of it is water and fat. However, I'm going to continue gradually increasing my daily caloric intake and do my best to maintain as much, if not all, LBM as possible. My main goal is to get beyond 200 lbs this winter then cut a little if needed for definition, etc. and "showcase" the new me next spring/summer. I'm goiong to do my best and attempt to gain the remaining 20 lbs with just food and training :)

This is the end of my "ON" cycle. I'm officially starting PCT today. Diet will be just as clean as it was while "ON" and will last at least four weeks. PCT will consist of Nolva, RXT, and ZMA. I'm also adding CEE, Taurine, ALCAR, and CM back into my diet as pre and post WO supplements. Lastly, I will continue taking my Ultra 40 liver tablets @ 20 tabs ED.

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What was yourtraining volume like? I think the best way to keep the muscle when going to PCT is by lowering total volume and if at all possible increasing intensity. But that's just theory; I have searched and found very little about volume/intensity during PCT. So if someone wants to chime in, I think that can be helpful.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
I'm using Bobo's (FLA Nutrition) deluxe muscle building program.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
End of week 7 - End of week 1 PCT

Weight: 180 lbs (on empty) :whip:
* +9 lbs from official starting weight; +0 lbs from last week
* bloat has receeded a lot, now the fat has become more noticeable
* not as edgy, however I noticed that I have to eat regularly or I get a very strange feeling like my blood sugar level is low or something
* there is some discomfort on my right side around the ribcage area, I'm going to schedule a Dr appointment sometime this week to get it checked. I've mentioned it to him before and I get it checked every time (I have to get regular checkups due to a medical condition), it kind of comes and goes. He does some basic testing by asking my to inhale then he applies pressure at and under the ribcage as I exhale. He says it is a common test and he knows if there is something wrong witht he liver if the patient shows the slightest discomfort. Problem is I feel nothing (other than his cold fingers) when he does this to me. Perhaps it is time to go a step further and get more detailed bloodwork and imaging done. I'll report back on this...
* lethargy basically gone, I'm back to normal :thumbsup:
* Work has been crazy and I have not had much time for the gym, in fact I have not been to the gym since last Sunday when I did legs.

tiggermoon

tiggermoon

Awards
he's an old street fighter i pulled off death row 14 years ago.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
End of week 8 - End of week 2 PCT

Weight: 176 lbs (on empty) :whip:
* +5 lbs from official starting weight; -4 lbs from last week
* bloat has increased a lot but I think it is due to a virus or an infection. I've been feeling ill all week and my stool has been somewhat loose. I'm going to see the doctor on Wednesday.
* the discomfort on my right side started spreading and I think it is related to my digestive issue described above. A couple of times my stomach felt like it was very irritated
* I still have to eat regularly or I get a very strange feeling like my blood sugar level is low or something, although the feeling is not as dramatic as it was last week
* lethargy no longer an issue, I'm back to normal
* I did one full body workout yesterday, and before that it had been almost two weeks since my last workout - work has been out of control
* I'm down 4 lbs from last week, I suspect part of this is simply water loss, but I think some of it is related to whatever is going on with my digestive system :sick:

Siznoyton

Awards
  • Established
I think most people overestimate Ergomax/E...max. I know I did. After the reports and scarcity of the steroid, I thought it would be much better.

I gained much more with Superdrol, and felt better, too.

I think E...Max kinda sux...but to each his own. I may try an E...Max only cycle for two weeks just to test it.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
End of week 12 - End of week 6 PCT

* +4 lbs from official starting weight; -5 lbs from last week
* all bloat and water is gone - my body feels normal again.
* the discomfort on my right side was in my intestine and it is gone
* lethargy and random dizzyness is gone
* acne started flaring up again, perhaps my natural test production is kicking in :thumbsup:
* work is kicking my ass; I have not been to the gym in like 2 1/2 weeks!!! Time to go back before I start getting fat - no excuses!!! :aargh:

This is the last post for this cycle log. I'm content with the results although I think it could have gone a lot better. My webcam broke so I'll post "post-PCT" pictures as soon as I get a replacement or buy a digital camera.
I think it will be CEE, Taurine, CM, and ALCAR for the winter bulk, and of course food.

Thanks for tuning in.