foo.c's Melting Point log

foo.c

Board Supporter
Awards
Decided to keep a log of my Melting Point experience.

Me:
Age you can see to the left
6'1" 250 lbs
BF ~20%
Definitely an endomorph
I'll see if I can get a pic tomorrow. I would like to get down to 220-230.

I've been lifting for 2 years. Started at 265 lbs and probably 30% BF or higher. Cut all the way down to 205 lbs and haven't really been concerned with body fat since the beginning of the year (and it shows), but a fair amount of muscle too. Still an AAS/PH virgin.

Diet:
My diet will be a two-phased approach. Phase 1 is not a diet. ;) It's the Fourth of July weekend and I plan on eating and drinking a lot. :) Phase 2 will be a 40/40/20 split starting at 2800 cals and adjusting as needed. I usually have to get below 2500 cals to lose weight so I'm hoping the MP will help in that area.

Training:
I do a full body workout 4x/week. 2 light days, a medium day, and a heavy day. No cardio, however a full body workout with short rest periods between sets is practically cardio itself.

Supps:
Generic Multivitamin
Vitamin C, 2 grams
Custom's Fish Oil, 6 caps
Green Tea Extract, 2 caps
Melting Point, 5 caps

Day 0:
Nothing to report. Good workout. Got my Melting Point. Celebrated with some sushi and a couple of beers. :)

foo.c

Board Supporter
Awards
Ok. Went ahead and snapped some pics tonight. Keep in mind I'm probably extra bloated with raw fish and Kirin Ichiban. ;)

Attachments

foo.c

Board Supporter
Awards
Holy ****. I don't know if it's placebo or what, but I took 1 cap of Melting Point after dinner and I'm sweating my ass off already.

Placebo, right?

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Maybe not................ others are reporting the same thing. Good luck!

dd

foo.c

Board Supporter
Awards
day++;

Weight:

247.5 lbs, -2.5

I won't begin to try and offer up an explanation for that.

Training:

off

Observations:

I'll take my last dose (5th) for the day in about 45 minutes. I haven't gotten any sweats today. I do feel a little warm though, but nothing major.

jacked1

Awards
Holy ****. I don't know if it's placebo or what, but I took 1 cap of Melting Point after dinner and I'm sweating my ass off already.

Placebo, right?
I'm not sweating but a lot of people are.

Are most people taking this with food?

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
I've been taking it with meals containing around 10 grams of fat because that's the recommendation for Sesathin, and I figured that since this is a fat and works in some of the same ways it may pay to take them in the same way.

foo.c

Board Supporter
Awards
I usually take it with meals. I haven't really noticed a difference either way, but it's only day 2.

Quick morning update since I'll probably not be back on the comp after this evening's workout.

Weight:
248.5 lbs, -1.5 Not bad for not dieting at all.

I have noticed the warmth more today. I feel it a lot on my upper back and neck.

jacked1

Awards
I usually take it with meals. I haven't really noticed a difference either way, but it's only day 2.

Quick morning update since I'll probably not be back on the comp after this evening's workout.

Weight:
248.5 lbs, -1.5 Not bad for not dieting at all.

I have noticed the warmth more today. I feel it a lot on my upper back and neck.
How noticable is the warmth? Does it really stand out?

foo.c

Board Supporter
Awards
This is day 3 on Melting Point. Last night I was very bad ... beer, 20 hotwings (drums), beer, appetizers, beer, beer, etc. :drunk: Hopefully that will cure my desire for anything fried for a long, long time.

Weight:
252 lbs, +2 :)

Oh well. :icon_lol:

Had a good workout before going out though. Friday is my medium day and it went well. I was sweating pretty heavily but that's not unusual. (My gym is like a sauna.)

Also I got some bad news in relation to my log here. I'm going to be out of town on business for the last week of July. I had hoped to run MP for 4 weeks of clean dieting but this trip is going to be right in the middle of it. It's going to be really hard to eat well and excersise during that week. I'm tempted to stop the log now and resume it after the trip.

foo.c

Board Supporter
Awards
Day 4:

Weight:
251.5 lbs, +1.5

My diet is really attrocious right now so I'm not surprised I'm putting on weight.

Training:

Well today was my heavy day and despite the fact I haven't been getting enough protein, my weights were all the same or a little higher.

foo.c

Board Supporter
Awards
Day 5

Weight:

252.5 lbs, +2.5

Ok, I'm now officially sick of crappy food. It's brown rice and chicken after today.

foo.c

Board Supporter
Awards
Day 6

Weight:

253.5 lbs, +3.5

Haha. This is just getting sad now. Diet was actually pretty clean yesterday.

Anyways, diet was very clean today and training went very well also.

BigSwede

Awards
Behold! The awesome power of the MP "uncoupler" ;)

Hope you start to see some results, but I am suspect, to say the least.

foo.c

Board Supporter
Awards
Day 7

Posted a little early so I could reply to BigSwede's post.

Weight:

252.0 lbs, +2

All things considered, +2 is actually pretty damned good. My diet was not good at all for most of these 7 days.

However, I'm a little skeptical like Swede. One of the claims in the writeup is that a low dose of MP is great for "unclean" bulking without having to worry about bodyfat. My own experience doesn't bear this out, and I'm on 5 caps a day. Also, my fat cells are laughing at the thought of MP "killing" them. :)

jacked1

Awards
Day 7

Posted a little early so I could reply to BigSwede's post.

Weight:

252.0 lbs, +2

All things considered, +2 is actually pretty damned good. My diet was not good at all for most of these 7 days.

However, I'm a little skeptical like Swede. One of the claims in the writeup is that a low dose of MP is great for "unclean" bulking without having to worry about bodyfat. My own experience doesn't bear this out, and I'm on 5 caps a day. Also, my fat cells are laughing at the thought of MP "killing" them. :)
I really hope MP takes a couple weeks to kick in.

foo.c

Board Supporter
Awards
Day 8

Weight:

253 lbs, +3

Diet was clean yesterday. Training was normal.

I'm going to give it 2 more weeks before drawing any conclusions.

foo.c

Board Supporter
Awards
Day 9

Weight:
252.0 lbs, +2

Not sure if this is related to MP or not, but yesterday I felt exhausted and had a hard time staying awake.

Diet was clean yesterday, but I had too many calories overall (closer to maintenance).

I think I'm going up to 6 caps a day starting on Monday.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
No flame on you but I don't see how you or many people can think they'll lose weight sitting at maintenance calories or "not dieting at all".

Or am I misunderstanding how you are attempting to use this?

foo.c

Board Supporter
Awards
No flame on you but I don't see how you or many people can think they'll lose weight sitting at maintenance calories or "not dieting at all".

Or am I misunderstanding how you are attempting to use this?
Apparently.

foo.c

Board Supporter
Awards
Yeah. I see that now.

Seems like a waste of $65 to me to do this half-assed in your first phase.
Meh. It was only 6 days, more like $20, and I think it's worth knowing if this stuff can help keep the fat off while being "unclean". After all, that's one of the uses touted in the writeup.

Honestly, it was fun, and I needed a break, but it's over now and I am "full-assed" in this phase now. LOL. :)

BigSwede

Awards
How does one distinguish the efficacy of supplements vs. dieting? Foo never said he was going xxx-under maintenance calories. Yeah, a week is nothing, but this stuff was hyped waaaay out of bounds. The DS log of employee testers were talking about significant weight loss w/o dieting under a similar time-frame.

The ideal conditions for determining the efficacy is a maintenance calorie diet.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
How does one distinguish the efficacy of supplements vs. dieting? Foo never said he was going xxx-under maintenance calories. Yeah, a week is nothing, but this stuff was hyped waaaay out of bounds. The DS log of employee testers were talking about significant weight loss w/o dieting under a similar time-frame.

The ideal conditions for determining the efficacy is a maintenance calorie diet.
Maintenance calories with ABSOLUTE consistency.

This has been the problem thus far with logs. Mainly from DS it seems. No absolutely concistency to be able to effectively guage results.

Drinking beer here, drinking beer there. Cake, birthday parties and the list goes on.

I'd like to see someone post up their complete diet plan for each day of the week and be 100% consistent with it and then introduce MP for a time period to gauge the results.

Sorry for the OT Foo.

BigSwede

Awards
Maintenance calories with ABSOLUTE consistency.

This has been the problem thus far with logs. Mainly from DS it seems. No absolutely concistency to be able to effectively guage results.

Drinking beer here, drinking beer there. Cake, birthday parties and the list goes on.

I'd like to see someone post up their complete diet plan for each day of the week and be 100% consistent with it and then introduce MP for a time period to gauge the results.

Sorry for the OT Foo.
If he's drinking 5 beers a week, every week, it's still consistent. 6-9 days is nowhere near a statistically-significant period for sure.

I'll not add any more to limit the clutter as House suggests.

foo.c

Board Supporter
Awards
Hey guys appreciate the responses.

I guess I can clutter my own thread though. :)

This isn't a scientific study. It's some fat dude logging his results. What's written here should be taken with a boulder of salt.

Also, this may sound weird but I'm not really interested in MP if it requires a perfect diet. I can get good results already from a perfect diet.

Having said that, I do want to lose some weight, so if I have to lower calories more or add cardio I will.

foo.c

Board Supporter
Awards
Day 10

Weight:
250.0 lbs, +0

Woohoo, back to where I started! LOL.

Diet was in check yesterday. Yesterday was my medium day and I actually had to go up in weight a little to keep my rep ranges where I wanted. I had a really good day at work, so maybe I was just in a good mood or something.

I'm going tubing today with some friends, but I am going to do my best to refrain from beer. :( I'm even brining a couple of chicken breasts for the grill.

foo.c

Board Supporter
Awards
Day 11

Weight:
249.5 lbs, -0.5

I think the weight loss is probably just dehydration from baking in the sun for 5 hours.

Well, I managed to avoid the beer, but somehow the bottled water I brought never made it into the cooler :think: so it was either drink Coke or die. I suppose I could have drank river water ... blech.

When we got out, nobody wanted to grill so we ended up going out for Mexican food. I was starving so I didn't fight it too much. I ended up getting chicken fajitas but only 1 had tortilla. Not the greatest of meals but not as bad as it could have been.

foo.c

Board Supporter
Awards
It seems to start kicking in. I woud add sesathin. :)
I've tried sesathin in the past and it did nothing for me.

In fact, I've been wondering about this for a while ...

Par has called MP "Sesathin's twin" or something like that. If they are that similar, it might explain some stuff as I think I may be a non-responder to these type of supps.

foo.c

Board Supporter
Awards
Day 12

Weight:
250.5 lbs, +0.5

Yesterday was my heavy day. Strength was the same.

Well, I think it's time to change things. I've been getting 2800-3000 calories, but I think it's obvious I need to lower calories some more. Also I'm going up to 6 caps divided into 3 equal doses instead of 5/5.

foo.c

Board Supporter
Awards
Day 13

Weight:
249.5 lbs, -0.5

Nothing much to report. I think I'm starting to see results in the mirror.

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
Any new updates?

How has the MP been working the last few days?

foo.c

Board Supporter
Awards
I think this is Day 16 ...

Weight:

I didn't think the results warranted daily updates any longer. I should be losing weight, but I'm not. I guess it's cardio time. :whip:

Also starting yesterday I've gone up to 8 caps per day of MP.

foo.c

Board Supporter
Awards
Sorry guys. I'm stopping my log. At 8 caps a day I started getting sides. Tightness in my chest, and anxiety. It reminded me of clen sides without the jitters.

I'm not saying MP caused this, as some rather stressful events in my life have all happened within a few days of each other, and I'm prone to anxiety when under stress.

If MP was working really well for me I might could tolerate the issues I had, but it didn't seem worth it to me.

In fairness though, I never did lower cals below 2500 and that's where I typically need to be to have noticeable weight loss. My phase 2 diet was otherwise good though.

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Sorry about the sides foo. Thanks for keeping an honest, informative log to this point. Good luck.

dd

foo.c

Board Supporter
Awards
BTW, here's some pics taken when I thought I started seeing some results in the mirror. I think the front shot actually looks worse, but the side shot shows some improvement I think. (But you have to remember in the first shot I had just eaten a big meal a couple of hours before the photo was taken.)

Attachments

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
to my eyes, your before shots are def beefier/smoother than your afters.
too bad you dropped the log - how were you gauging effect?

FWIW I *see* very little change in my own appearance, but I *feel* lighter, bouncier, more flexible, more comfortable than before; I let the calipers decide if it's working or not: if the calipers said I was losing nothing, I'd put my second bottle up on the swap meet today.

foo.c

Board Supporter
Awards
to my eyes, your before shots are def beefier/smoother than your afters.
too bad you dropped the log - how were you gauging effect?

FWIW I *see* very little change in my own appearance, but I *feel* lighter, bouncier, more flexible, more comfortable than before; I let the calipers decide if it's working or not: if the calipers said I was losing nothing, I'd put my second bottle up on the swap meet today.
Hey, BW. Good luck with your diet.

The battery died in my calipers so I wasn't able to measure bodyfat other than the using the naval method.

It was weird though because my abdominal measurements were really fluctuating, so I even gave up on that.

I do think the pictures show improvement but it's hard to say how much was from not being bloated and how much was from MP.

One thing I did notice was my blood pressure has dropped a lot from before I ran MP. I was usually around 130/80 before the log and I was 123/73 last time I checked.

But the sides were bad for me. I can't say MP had anything to do with them honestly, but I'm only now feeling almost normal again.