4 week SD log with before pictures...

primetimerg

primetimerg

Awards
I started on Monday doing 20 MG of SD in split doses. I am going to do 20 for 2 weeks then 30 for the final 2. I have got some rebound for my PCT. I must also note that I am a type 1 diabetic taking humalog insulin. (I haven't seen much info on diabetics, thought maybe this would help)

Here are my current stats:
Height: 6'0
Weight: 207
Arms: 15 3/4
Chest: 45"
Waist: 37"
Calves: 16"
Quads: 24"

Bench: 245 x 3 or 90lb DB x 5
Squat: 315 x 4

Working out 5 days a week at lunch for 45 minutes. Different body part per day (Bi's and Tri's together). I try to run in the morning for about 45 minutes. I play basketball and soccer once a week for 2 hours each.

I have gained pretty good number the last two months just taking my humalog injections after i work out. (Using my diabetes to my advantage, without putting my health at risk).

Here is my Picture as of Sunday Night
Another one
Here I am in Feb.

I will try to keep a log of my progress.

D_town

D_town

Awards
  • Established
Good luck!

Should have put this in the CYCLE forum though.

primetimerg

primetimerg

Awards
Sorry about that...

Should i move it over there? Been reading forums for a while but haven't posted much.

primetimerg

primetimerg

Awards
Day 3 ...

I haven't really noticed anything yet. From some other logs it looks like 4 or 5 days before I will. Weight still at 207 this morning. Going to do arms today.

snowtiger

Awards
just finished my 3rd week of 20mg SD. wanna know more let me know!

primetimerg

primetimerg

Awards
Day 4...

Weighed in at 211 this morning. Little worried about gaining too much weight because I have some extra fat I need to lose anyway; but I don't feel bloated or anything. I am kind of struggling on what to eat, being diabetic I can't hit the carbs too hard. Trying to eat more carbs then usual though.

My lower back is a little sore this morning, not sure if it is back pumps or just sore from the deadlifts yesterday. I am mixing Taurine in with my Whey and Creatine shake so hopefully that will help.

Yesterday I had a good arm workout and my arms felt pumped for well over 4 hours after i worked out. Awsome feeling.

I am going to go lift right now, going to work out the back.

If anybody can give me tips on my diet I would love the info.

primetimerg

primetimerg

Awards
Day 5...

Weighed in at 208 lbs this morning. My stomach has been extremely upset the last two days. I am not sure if it is a bug or related to the SD. It pretty much explains the 3 lbs I dropped in weight though.

I did Shoulders today and had a very good workout. I felt very strong and my shoulders still feel pumped. Yesterday I noticed an extra vein pop out in the bicep while I was working out that I have never seen before. I think the SD is defenetly starting to kick in.

primetimerg

primetimerg

Awards
Week 2...

I am still taking 20 MG per day and so far now major side effects. My upset stomach has seem to go away so hopefully that was just a bug or an initial problem. I have experienced some back pumps; nothing that I can resolve with a little walking around and stretching.

My weight was up from 208 on Friday to 212 this morning. Diet was a little off this weekend but not too bad.

I can already see a difference in my shoulders, they are starting to look swelled up.

primetimerg

primetimerg

Awards
Intense back pumps....

Yesterday was leg day and I had back pumps so bad I could hardly workout. I couldn't even help my partner get the weights on and off.

Today I am going to up my water and taurine intake and see if that helps.

I have also had some serious digestive problems ever since I started, but I think I have figured out that my Whey protein was causing that. I did not take it yesterday or this morning and for the first time my stomach is not bubbling this morning. Thank God...

The cycle is going great except for the back pains. My weight is up again to 214 and I feel much fuller. I am going to have to tighten my diet up because I can see my stomach coming over my pants. Part of the problem is that I have been so hungry lately.

Today is arm day and I will keep you guys posted.

yanke10

Banned
Awards
when i start of my cycle i dont think im gonna dead lift, cause they may futher the pain

primetimerg

primetimerg

Awards
Starting 30 MG today...

My weight was at 214 this morning. I am going to start 30 MG today with 3 split doses throughout the morning.

I drove to Chicago (6 hours) to see a cubs game this weekend. About 2 hours in I had to get out of the care because of the insane back pumps. I stopped at a pharmacy and picked up some of those 8 hour heat pads for my lower back. It was a miracle worker, lasted the rest of the day and through the game. I think I am going to wear one during leg day this week and see if I can squat and deadlift better.

One other problem to note is some serious swelling in my feet and ankles this morning. This is a problem with diabetics because of poor circulation in the feet. I have never had this problem before. Researching the topic it could possibly be from a rise in cholesterol (Starting Red Yeast Rice to try to help with that). It could also be from too much salt in my diet. I drank an ignorant amount of diet pepsi a day (Sometimes 8 Liters). It has never bothered me before but I am wondering about the sodium. I am going to try to cut that down and up my water. Just a not if there is any other diabetic out there.

primetimerg

primetimerg

Awards
Day 3 of 30 MG...

no other side effects to note. I did squats yesterday and wore a heat pad on the back to help with the pumps. I was not able to go too heavy but atleast I got my workout in.

My ankles are still swelling a little bit and my doctor thinks it could be a kidney problem. He wants to do some blood work to check it out. Is this a bad idea to do right now? What kind of stuff do you think he will find? Just curious if I should try to wait until then end of next week at the end of my cycle. I am a little nervous about that. At the same time Kidney problem are very common for diabetics; but I keep my sugar pretty much under control.

Does anyone know of a good supplement or something I can take for the kidney?

Arm day today I will keep you posted. Any feedback on my log so far would be appreciated.

BTW weight is about 212 this morning.

spitboy

Throbbing Member
Awards
  • Established
If I showed your post to my wife-- an R.N. and insulin-dependant diabetic-- she would tell you to get your feet checked out immediately. You know how important limb circulation is....... if you don't want to be footless by the time you're 50, you should get it looked at. I know that isn't the answer you want to hear, being on cycle... but for your lifelong health, do take care of it soon. Hopefully someone here can give you better advice about what the doc may find, given your current conditions.

primetimerg

primetimerg

Awards
Point taken...

I do understand the importance. I have only been diabetic for about 7 years but amputation is the first side effect I saw of diabetes that scared the hell out of me. I am going to get some blood work done today to get it check out. I don't think it is a circulation problem because I don't really feel much pain and my feet are still very sensitive. No loss of feeling.

Does SD have any sides on the kidney? I am going to have them check everything out today.

Thanks for the response.

If I showed your post to my wife-- an R.N. and insulin-dependant diabetic-- she would tell you to get your feet checked out immediately. You know how important limb circulation is....... if you don't want to be footless by the time you're 50, you should get it looked at. I know that isn't the answer you want to hear, being on cycle... but for your lifelong health, do take care of it soon. Hopefully someone here can give you better advice about what the doc may find, given your current conditions.

spitboy

Throbbing Member
Awards
  • Established
Good plan :thumbsup:

The doc may hassle you for being on but that is better than being footless.

srt298

Awards
Check out Taurine at 1 to 4g per day for back pumps...
also, 30mg per day of SD may be overkill...
I'm around 310lbs and 20mg has been awesome for me so far into the cycle, I have a week left....

primetimerg

primetimerg

Awards
Thanks for the reply...

Yeah I have upped my Taurine to about 5 Grams per day. It has really helped me. I still have problems Deadlifting and Squatting much weight but just in general the pumps are much more bearable.

I just started the 30 MG I did 20 MG for the first 2 weeks. I may cut back to 20 MG because i haven't noticed much change when going to the 30.

Check out Taurine at 1 to 4g per day for back pumps...
also, 30mg per day of SD may be overkill...
I'm around 310lbs and 20mg has been awesome for me so far into the cycle, I have a week left....

primetimerg

primetimerg

Awards
Another possible cause...

I found some info on the Medical Plus Encyclopdia website that was kind of interesting.
Certain medications may also cause your legs/feet to swell:

• Hormones like estrogen (in birth control pills or hormone replacement therapy) and testosterone
  • A group of blood pressure lowering drugs called calcium channel blockers (such as nifedipine, amlodipine, diltiazem, felodipine, and verapamil)
  • Steroids
  • Antidepressants, including MAO inhibitors (such as phenelzine and tranylcypromine) and tricyclics (such as nortriptyline, desipramine, and amitriptyline)
Most notiable out of that is the steroid causing that. Has anyone else had a problem with feet swelling while on SD? I have got an appointment today at 1:00 for some bloodwork and I think I may call it quits after week 3 of SD. I am going to start taking some Pro Liver and get the results before I jump the gun; but my initial thought is SD may be too much for a Insulin Dependent Diabetic. :(

primetimerg

primetimerg

Awards
PCT on a 2 1/2 week cycle; I have Rebound XT...?

I can't get in to get bloodwork in until Monday. I had my blood pressure checked and my A1C checked yesterday and both were good. I am going to have them check everything Monday so I want to try to get my numbers down to close to normal.
I only did a 2 1/2 week cycle so do you guys think that 3 Rebound XT caps (Diene-3 25 MG) will help my numbers that much in 5 days? I am also taking 1000 MG of Milk Thistle and about 2400 MG of Red Yeast Rice.
I will post the results of my Bloodwork as soon as I get them and I will also post my new numbers and measurments.
I had a few complications from SD but I will say this, I was having great results in strengh and size; but I guess I am going to have to do it the old fashioned way. I am going to have to take the Diabetes a little more serious. I will just stick with protein and creatine and taking my insulin after I work out.

primetimerg

primetimerg

Awards
Should I hold off on the rebound...

I am starting to get worried about the cholesterol getting too high on the Rebound XT. I just went and got a home cholesterol kit and my cholesterol was about 126, which i guess is real good; but it doesn't tell me good and bad cholesterol so I don't know how much that tells me. I wonder how much if any PCT i really need from doing such a short cycle. Maybe just the Milk Thistle and RYR for a while?

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Are you going to post any after-cycle pics so we can see the change SD made?

primetimerg

primetimerg

Awards
Yes I will post some pics....

I will get them up there this weekend. I only made it 2 1/2 weeks but I think it made some difference in definition and strength.

Are you going to post any after-cycle pics so we can see the change SD made?

rocko

Board Supporter
Awards
Nice to see other diabetics out there. I am also a type 2 diabetic taking glucophage and Lantus insulin. I am thinking and researching a superdrol cycle.

primetimerg

primetimerg

Awards
Hopefully you will have better luck then I did. I was having some nice gains, but my diabetes puts a ton of stress on my organs already and I think it was just too much to handle. I will know more on Tuesday after I get my bloodwork done.

I am a type 1 by the way, and I am on an Insulin Pump, pushing out Humalog insulin. I started having real good gains when I started taking my humalog after my workouts. I don't think Lantus would have the same effects though.

Nice to see other diabetics out there. I am also a type 2 diabetic taking glucophage and Lantus insulin. I am thinking and researching a superdrol cycle.

rocko

Board Supporter
Awards
Yeah probably not huh since Lantus is a slow acting insulin at I take once a day in the morning. It is a 24 hour type of insulin. What exactly is that insulin pump?

primetimerg

primetimerg

Awards
Yeah Lantus is a 24 hour thing, it probably would not help that much.

An insulin pump is a device that has humalog insulin cartridges in it. It has a tube that goes in my stomach. I only have to change locations every 3 days and it gives me a basal insulin all day long. then when I eat I type in the device how many carbs i am having and it gives me the correct amount of insulin. I still have to check my sugar about 4 times a day, but the pump is great. No more shots all the time. Here is a link to more info about it.

Yeah probably not huh since Lantus is a slow acting insulin at I take once a day in the morning. It is a 24 hour type of insulin. What exactly is that insulin pump?

primetimerg

primetimerg

Awards
Ankle swelling has gone down almost all the way now. I am on my 3rd day of Rebound xt and am headed for blood work on tuesday. I still need to add some pictures but my strengh gains in the bench press for 2 weeks are awsome.

2 1/2 weeks ago 245 x 3 this morning i did 285 x 3 and did 310 x1.

I did 100 lb db x 6.
My squat and deadlift did not go up any because the back pumps were too bad for me to do too much weight.
I was also able to curl 100 lbs (barbell) while keeping my back straight where as before I really had to throw it up.

My Final weight was 216 up 9 lbs from 2 1/2 weeks ago.

I also gained 1/2 inch on my arms. Then: 15 3/4 now 16 1/4
Chest: Then - 45 now 47
Calves: Then 16 now 16 1/2
Thighs: Then 24 now 25 1/2
Stomach Then 37 now 37. (SHould have done more cardio)

I am very pleased with my results and if weren't for the diabetes I think I would have done this cycle again.

Pictures and bloodwork coming soon...

rocko

Board Supporter
Awards
Units?

I was wondering how many units u give yourself after u work out and what are your normal dosages throughout the day? Do you take pills too, like glucophage?

primetimerg

primetimerg

Awards
Depending on what I eat, I have to take 1 unit of Insulin for every 10 carbs I eat. So say I have a 12" Tuna Sub, plus a protien shake, I would take about 10 Units of insulin. My pump gives me 1.1 unit of insulin per hour for my basal rate. I don't take any pills because those help control your insulin, and I don't produce any insulin so it would not do many any good.

BTW - Had my blood work done today, should have results shortly.

I was wondering how many units u give yourself after u work out and what are your normal dosages throughout the day? Do you take pills too, like glucophage?

Cardinal

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
When I was on Superdrol and a Frontload of Test Enanthate, My feet and wrists swelled to the point that it was difficult to tie my shoe. I both couldn't bend down that far and had to majorly loosen my shoes. I can see how it might be a worse problem for a diabetic. SuperDrol is such an intense cell volumizer it is ridiculous.

primetimerg

primetimerg

Awards
I almost wish I would have stuck it out. Just got nervous. I have been off for a week and my ankles are back to normal. My cholesterol was fine when I tested it so I just think it was a side of the SD that I wasn't aware of.

When I was on Superdrol and a Frontload of Test Enanthate, My feet and wrists swelled to the point that it was difficult to tie my shoe. I both couldn't bend down that far and had to majorly loosen my shoes. I can see how it might be a worse problem for a diabetic. SuperDrol is such an intense cell volumizer it is ridiculous.

primetimerg

primetimerg

Awards
My Lipid Results...

Here are the results from my lipid blood test about one week after finishing SD and taking 3 Rebound XT per day with some RYR.

Total Cholesterol - 118
Tri - 69
HDL - 22
LDL - 82
HDL/LDL Ration - 3.73

I am really starting to think I may have jumped ship too early. I may give it another go in a month or so, because I was really liking the results. Next time I will up to about 3-5 G of Taurine from the beginning. Pop about 4 RYR per day and maybe get some ProLiver.

Is there anything I can take for the kidneys? Or do you guys think that is needed. Can't be too careful...

spitboy

Throbbing Member
Awards
  • Established
I almost wish I would have stuck it out. Just got nervous. I have been off for a week and my ankles are back to normal. My cholesterol was fine when I tested it so I just think it was a side of the SD that I wasn't aware of.
Sorry if I contributed to the scare... but it would be hard to squat without any feet :thumbsup:

primetimerg

primetimerg

Awards
No I appreciate you looking out. It actually kind of woke me up a little bit. Being on the pump and in pretty good health I sometimes forget I have Diabetes. Nothing to play around with.

Thanks a ton.

Sorry if I contributed to the scare... but it would be hard to squat without any feet :thumbsup:

primetimerg

primetimerg

Awards
I got my testosterone results back...

Wow, the nurse called today and said that my test. levels were low and the doctor wanted to put me on testoterone replacement shots. I am not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing. I didn't think SD lowered our test. that much, so maybe I already had low test. and didn't know it. I have never been tested before. Here are the results:

Free: 34.4 (47 - 244 normal)
Total: 133 (400-1080 normal for my age, 28)

That seems really low to me. He wants me to take 200 mg every 2 weeks for 2 months, then once a month for 4 months. I can barely read the handwriting but it looks like the prescription is for 1 vial of Depo-Testosterone.?

Any feedback or info would be greatly appreciated.

Anarchy939

Awards
  • Established
My advice is to run PCT and do not get injections. You are shut down from SD, but with proper PCT you should rebound.

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I think everyone who uses SD should start out at 10 mg NO MATTER WHAT. A bottle is way more than enough supply even if the 10mg isn't enough for you, and I seriously doubt there are many out there that 10mg wouldn't have a very positive effect on if diet and training were up to snuff. If you don't respond to 10, chances are you might not be a very good responder at all. Unless you have a lot of AAS experience under your belt, then I can see 20mg, but other than that, I can't see 10mg / day NOT being enough personally.

primetimerg

primetimerg

Awards
I figured that was part of it. I am going to stay on the Rebound for about another week. Do you think the injections would be bad though? Would increased test. be a bad thing?

Thanks for feedback...

My advice is to run PCT and do not get injections. You are shut down from SD, but with proper PCT you should rebound.

primetimerg

primetimerg

Awards
Well I was going to do them 4 weeks; but since I cut my cycle short I stopped after two. I think that was a mistake (obviously by my test. results). I am going to pop 2 rebounds a day for the next week to get my test. up. I think after that the injections will take care of the rest, and then some probably.

How long are you doing rebound for pct?

mb27

Awards
Keep in mind if you decide to go on therapy you are on it for life.

primetimerg

primetimerg

Awards
For life? The doc acted like he would check my test. again in 6 months to see if my numbers are back to normal. I was thinking my numbers are just low because of the SD, and they will go backup up after PCT anyway.

Keep in mind if you decide to go on therapy you are on it for life.