bows PCT cycle

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
I am a human yo-yo. I prefer short cycles for a number of reasons, not the least of which is the relative simplicity of the PCT regimen and the decreased long term implications on natural hormone production. Still, I typically take ten steps foreword and eight steps back from the conclusion of one cycle until the beginning of the next.

I just finished a 33 day cycle of tren/test/sd (30 mg/ed, 70 mg/ed, 20 mg/ed respectively) and was ecstatic with the results. Before I discuss my stats, let me elaborate on my goals. I am 33 years old, 5’8� tall, and do not want to gain overall body weight. At much above 200 lbs in total body mass, I begin to look like a vw bug (stocky and not very nimble). My goals (on-cycle) are to increase lean body mass, decrease fat mass and increase strength with a minimal gain in overall body weight. I was able to accomplish all of those goals on my last cycle. Now, too maintain. However, rather than taking eight steps back, I want to cut that too four or five. So, here’s my plan.

Workout:
1. Decrease from one body part per five days to one body part per seven days.
2. Decrease volume, increase intensity

Diet:
1. 35% Protein/35% complex carbs/30% Fat
2. Approx 3000 calories/day
3. 2250 mg’s EPA/DHA
4. 2400 mg’s sesamin (Sesathin by Avant)
5. 10 grams lecithin/day

Supplementation:
1. 40/30/20/20 mg’s Tamoxifen weeks 1-4
2. 6 grams/day CEE (not used during cycle)
3. 6 Caps/day cAMPPHOLIC
4. 300 mg DHEA, 50 mg 6-OXO, 100 mg 7-OXO-DHEA per day transdermal
5. 3000 mg’s ALCAR and 1200 mg’s R-ALA day
6. 25-40 mg’s day Ephedrine HCL
7. 4 grams tribulus per day

My rationale:
Diet is just above maintenance calories. It will consist of a healthy amount of fats and low gi carb sources. Much of that 30% will come from fish oil, sesamin and lecithin. These fats have proven to be great nutrient partitioning sources. The rationale for the tamoxifen as an estrogen antagonist to stimulate LH production has been well documented on this site. I am not worried about the needing HCG. I believe leydig cell production will normalize very quickly after a short cycle. The rationale for the transdermal mix of DHEA, 6-OXO and 7-OXO is a bit of an experiment. Studies on DHEA supplementation has had mixed results. The general consensus is that while DHEA is mildly anabolic, the increase in aromotization to estrogen decreases any benefit. The are a few of us that believe that stacking DHEA with a AI or suicide inhibitor may make DHEA more beneficial (http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24630). I am using a small amout of ephedrine (only 25 mg’s day) for its sympathomimetic effects (it is lean tissue sparing when your body’s hormones are out of balance). After reading the recently posted studies on forkolin and its benefits post cycle, I was originally planning on buying a shitload of it bulk. However, in the end I figured I would try to support the board sponsors, so I ordered cAMPHOLIC from Nutraplanet. I will dose at 6 caps per day. Lastly, the tribulus is simply to keep sex drive up during PCT.

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
Goals and Measurements

My goal will be to maintain as much lean mass and strength at the end of six weeks. Measurements will include % body fat, total body weight, strength and the good ol’ mirror test. I will use as a measure of strength the number of reps on bench press with 315 lbs. End of cycle, my beginning stats are:

Body Fat 9%
Weight 203 lbs
Bench Press 9 reps at 315 lbs

Picture shown below.

Attachments

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
looking good man. do you feel highly supressed?
for the record, what were your gains on that past cycle?

i find supplements like r-ala and ala, and likily K-R-ALA are good for maintaining following the cycle and keeping the fat off.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Bow I like your PCT. Only things I would suggest:
Start nolva at 60mg. Also changing each body part to one time each week is smart. Make sure you give your muscle a break in intensity. Last post cycle I took my second week off from all weights. It worked great. Good luck man the short cycles are great. :thumbsup:

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
looking good man. do you feel highly supressed?
for the record, what were your gains on that past cycle?

i find supplements like r-ala and ala, and likily K-R-ALA are good for maintaining following the cycle and keeping the fat off.

Thanks much. It was a fun cycle. Very little sides (a little increase in sweating). Starting weight was about 190 lbs and I was really struggeling on bench with 315 lbs x 5 reps. While my weight only went up 13 lbs (which is a good thing, remember I am not trying to gain weight), my strength was through the roof. I would imagine my max was around 410 lbs. And the great thing is No, I don't feel that supressed at all. I have felt more supressed after 4-AD/1-test transdermal cycles.

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
Bow I like your PCT. Only things I would suggest:
Start nolva at 60mg. Also changing each body part to one time each week is smart. Make sure you give your muscle a break in intensity. Last post cycle I took my second week off from all weights. It worked great. Good luck man the short cycles are great. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the advice. I will bump up to 60 mg's for the first week. Much like yourself, next cycle will be transdermal. Its kinda nice to be able to switch between transdermal and pinning between cycles.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the advice. I will bump up to 60 mg's for the first week. Much like yourself, next cycle will be transdermal. Its kinda nice to be able to switch between transdermal and pinning between cycles.
Yeah it's nice to switch or run a combo. ED injects with short esters kill me. Also saves you the scar tissue ;)

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
You look very good bow. Nice lookin' chest esp.

Your PCT regimen looks fantastic. If I had the money atm, I'd want to try out the cAmphibolic as well. Everything else looks great as well.....I'll be keeping an eye. Good luck with everything. :cool:

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
You look very good bow. Nice lookin' chest esp.

Your PCT regimen looks fantastic. If I had the money atm, I'd want to try out the cAmphibolic as well. Everything else looks great as well.....I'll be keeping an eye. Good luck with everything. :cool:

Thanks Lifted. I shudder to think of what % of my income I spend on this hobby/passion of mine. Probably better that I don't know ;)

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
Update 3/3/05

Well, the first 10 days of PCT has been a disaster. First of all, I decided to take the first week off from lifting. I figured it was time for a rest. Then, about five days into it, I got this damn cold that everyone in my part of the county seems to have. It has really killed my energy levels. However, I have been making it into too the gym for the last couple of days for semi light workouts. I was shocked when I stepped onto the scale yesterday and found I was down to 198 lbs. That’s 5 lbs in only 10 days! The good news is that my strength has not dropped off too badly. I was at eight reps at 315 lbs on bench rather easily. I then I absolutely died at nine. Although, I don’t imagine this cold is helping my stamina one bit. The rest of my lifts have been about the same as at the end of cycle, maybe a little down. Body fat is holding at 9%. Energy levels have been in the crapper (due to the cold), so I can't comment on any psychological effects from the cAMP or DHEA + 6-OXO transdermal. If anything, they are keeping me lean (but then so is being sick).

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
Update 3/8/05

Stats
Body Fat 8.5%
Weight 196 lbs
Bench Press 7 reps at 315 lbs

LBM seems to have stabilized. I am not noticing a massive drop in weight (either on the scale or in the mirror) like I did during the first week when I was sick. Energy is great, even considering I have not been getting much sleep of late. While strength is still dropping slightly, I believe it is beginning to stabilize as well. Finally, I am not seeing or measuring any change in percent body fat.

Now for the down side to this regimen. Something (either by itself or the combination of) is acting as a diuretic. At first, I attributed it to getting over a cold. However, now that I am healthy I am confident it is something in the stack. I am going to drop the ephedrine, which should be safe after two weeks of PCT. I am relatively confident that test production is near normalized, so I am hoping I don’t need the sympathomimetic effect of the ephedrine. Also, I am sweating my ass off at night. I wake up anywhere between two and three times a night and literally have to mop myself down. If this continues after dropping the ephedrine, I am going to lower the dosage of the cAMPHOLIC and see if that helps.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Hey bow, I was getting really bad night sweats when I was taking the DHEA too. After I quit using it for these past couple of weeks, I haven't noticed them anymore. It was mainly the back of my neck and upper back...pillow usually got soaked....had to actually change it sometimes in the middle of the night...lol.

You seem to be doing well so far minus the cold bug. Good luck with the rest...

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
Thanks lifted! I never thought it could be the dhea. I normally only associate night sweats with strong thermogenic anabolics like tren. I would have never suspected dhea. Fortunately I have a very cool and tolernant girlfried. She just puts up with it. Says it's like have a human sauna lying next to her :lol:

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
3/17/05 Unfortunately, my closing thoughts

Stats
Body Fat 8.5%
Weight 194 lbs
Bench Press 7 reps at 315 lbs

Well, due to unforeseen circumstances, I have to cut my PCT cycle short (mostly with respect to training) due to surgery. Nothing major, but it is going to keep me out of the gym for 2-3 weeks. This is going to be a bitch. I have not missed this much time since I had ACL surgery several years ago, and I went nuts during that period of time. Sitting on my ass, getting fat and loosing muscle is no damn fun. In a way, I had already considered this a blow experiment due to the cold I came down with during the first week of PCT. That alone really accelerated my weight and lean muscle loss above that which I normally experience during less extreme PCT regimens.

However, I did learn a few valuable lessons during my short PCT cycle. First, I believe the combination of the transdermal DHEA, 7-OXO-DHEA, and low dose anti-e (in this case 6-OXO) was invaluable for maintaining lean body mass. Once I was healthy (after the first week and a half of PCT), my LBM remained very constant. I attribute much of that to this combo. Second, I probably won’t take cAMPHOLIC again during the first three weeks of PCT. While I feel it is a very effective cutting supplement, I didn’t feel it was as effective for retaining mass during PCT. The two things I noticed while on cAMPHOLIC were increased sweating (especially at night) and a pronounced diuretic effect. Obviously, these two characteristics are not going to be beneficial when it come to maintaining mass. At first, I thought this might be the DHEA (after being suggested as such by Lifted). But as soon as I cut out the cAMPHOLIC, both of those sides entirely disappeared.

I will try a similar experiment again later this summer, and with any luck, will be able to log the entire six weeks without getting sick or having surgery :sick:

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
..... I believe the combination of the transdermal DHEA, 7-OXO-DHEA, and low dose anti-e (in this case 6-OXO) was invaluable for maintaining lean body mass. Once I was healthy (after the first week and a half of PCT), my LBM remained very constant. I attribute much of that to this combo.......
Where did you get the formula for this? Would you be willing to give specific ingredient dosages and the carrier used?

Thanks in advance!

-- Jonesie

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
Where did you get the formula for this? Would you be willing to give specific ingredient dosages and the carrier used?

Thanks in advance!

-- Jonesie
The transdermal consists of:

10% DMSO
15% d-limonene
30% isopropyl myristate
5% octyl salicylate
10% oleic acid
10% propylene glycol
20% di water

The trick is getting the 6-OXO into solution. I’ll give my method for making a 100 ml batch. First, measure out 10 ml’s of DMSO to a clean pyrex container. Dissolve 70 mg’s of 6-OXO in the DMSO only. This will take a while (probably 1-2 hours), but it will dissolve completely. Add the 15 ml’s d-limonene and mix. Again, everything should mix and stay in solution. Next add the IPM, OS, OA and PG. Heat over a stove (med-low heat) and add 2.5 grams of 7-OXO dhea and 2.5 grams of dhea. Stir until everything is in solution. Finally, add 20 ml’s of di water and stir while cooling. You will notice that the solution will begin to gel immediately. Add to a 4 oz bottle with a pump similar to the one used for t-gel. Adding to the bottle can be a bitch as the carrier forms a relatively thick gel.

At a dose of 8 ml’s per day (divided between two 4 ml-doses/day), you get 200 mg’s 7-OXO dhea, 200 mg’s dhea and 56 mg’s of 6-OXO. I originally started a 300 mg’s of dhea and 100 mg’s of 7-OXO, but switched to the 200/200 dosing protocol and really liked it. Play with the ratio of dhea/7-OXO-dhea and find what works for you. If you run this, let me know what you think. I’m really curious to know what others think of this for PCT. I don’t think you’ll be at all disappointed with the results.

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Awesome! Thanks again. I don't plan on doing my M1T/1,4AD cycle till the holidays but by the time I source everything and get it going it will be the right time to run it. Are most of those chems found at one place or am I going to have to do some googling?

Before I do anything though I need to find a digital scale and glasswear. Any recommendations...? I am going to go post in the homebrew forum I think.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
sorry about the circumstances, Bow. Hope the surgery goes well. Your PCT plan/supps seems very solid. I'm using some of the same:
~2000mg trib
~800mg longjack
15mg nolva
50mg Rebound
150mg DHEA
150mg LX
1500mg fenugreek

as well as CEE, ALCAR, tyrosine, AAKG, liver supps, and a few other goodies. The low nolva + Rebound is to see the effects (as well as the fact that the cycle was only 4 weeks/relatively mild regarding shutdown). Thanks for posting!

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, that really stinks bow....but you gotta do what you gotta do I guess. Thanks for keeping this log...it was short and sweet, but very informative nonetheless. Hope all goes well w/ your surgery...you'll be back in the gym before ya know it.....good luck.