Do You Ultra-Sten What I'm Saying?

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by ricroc View Post
    Exhausting. Form got a little sloppy on my final set, but other than that, I put in some work. Didn't feel tired afterwards, just relaxed.

When I train, I go as hard as I can, without being stupid and getting sloppy or cheating every which way. I'm pushing it, but afterwards, it seems like I didn't really push it that far. I'm a bit soar in the traps this morning, also seeing as I did shrugs on Thursday.

Nothing major to report. Everything is going well.
    weight gain!?!? You've been on for 5 or 6 days haven't you?

2. Weight's gone up, but I think most of it is water. This morning, the scale read 203. When I started, I was around 196. I look a tad pudgier in the belly range. I ate like crazy this weekend, so that might be part of it, especially last night. Yesterday, hunger started increasing--a great sign!
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by ricroc View Post
    Weight's gone up, but I think most of it is water. This morning, the scale read 203. When I started, I was around 196. I look a tad pudgier in the belly range. I ate like crazy this weekend, so that might be part of it, especially last night. Yesterday, hunger started increasing--a great sign!
    up 7lbs??!! I'd say it's working you should be setting new PR's any day now...

4. Where are the before shots?!

Appetite increase in an excellent sign.. Well and the 7lb gain!
    Psalms 62:1-62:2

5. I'll try and post some up today.
    •   

6. Yeah really. I hope appetite increases for me as well. 7lbs in 1 week sounds like a dream drug, lol.

7. Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    Yeah really. I hope appetite increases for me as well. 7lbs in 1 week sounds like a dream drug, lol.
    he should gain 15-20lbs by the end at this rate... Time to buy new shirts

8. Quote Originally Posted by bcazo View Post
    he should gain 15-20lbs by the end at this rate... Time to buy new shirts
    Yeah, thanks for warning me! HAHA!

I'll be interesting to see how these last three weeks play out.

9. Quote Originally Posted by ricroc View Post
    Yeah, thanks for warning me! HAHA!

I'll be interesting to see how these last three weeks play out.
    You got it!! LOL I would like to see you post your workouts so we can watch your strength climb

10. Quote Originally Posted by bcazo View Post
    You got it!! LOL I would like to see you post your workouts so we can watch your strength climb
    @ricroc --> Basically, we're tryin to say stop slackin on the log, bud! Need enough details to see trends in the product over time.

Where's my nudes...

11. I used to be in the habit of posting up the routine, but that got boring. I took my noodz last night, just didn't post them up. I'll have time this evening. Monday was quite the busy one after work, but I got in my squats and everything was right with the world.

I was a bit hesitant to put up some numbers because I know they'll be lower than what I was working with earlier in the year. Before, I'd workout with my Soloflex, but using weights, as the arm bar for the Soloflex has adapters to use standard weight plates. When I started with the Ultra-Sten, I switched up to using a traditional bar and some squat stands. (I would have liked to have gone the way of a power rack, but space is an issued.) As such, these stands are proving their worth. Takes a bit to get used to everything, but they're great.

With the Soloflex, it was more like 2.5D, instead of 3D, since the bar wouldn't move back or forth. Now that I'm going the truer weightlifting route, the weights might not be as high, but, I'm not as weak as I'd thought.

In fact, now that I'm writing this out, it makes sense to include the routine.

Damn, you all are some smooth talkers.

12. Quote Originally Posted by ricroc View Post
    I used to be in the habit of posting up the routine, but that got boring. I took my noodz last night, just didn't post them up. I'll have time this evening. Monday was quite the busy one after work, but I got in my squats and everything was right with the world.

I was a bit hesitant to put up some numbers because I know they'll be lower than what I was working with earlier in the year. Before, I'd workout with my Soloflex, but using weights, as the arm bar for the Soloflex has adapters to use standard weight plates. When I started with the Ultra-Sten, I switched up to using a traditional bar and some squat stands. (I would have liked to have gone the way of a power rack, but space is an issued.) As such, these stands are proving their worth. Takes a bit to get used to everything, but they're great.

With the Soloflex, it was more like 2.5D, instead of 3D, since the bar wouldn't move back or forth. Now that I'm going the truer weightlifting route, the weights might not be as high, but, I'm not as weak as I'd thought.

In fact, now that I'm writing this out, it makes sense to include the routine.

Damn, you all are some smooth talkers.
    Don't be ashamed. We're here for support, encouragement and accountability.

13. Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    that's what I'm talking about, I've been lifting like a little girl for the last 3 months rehabing my shoulder and still seeing gains. It's not about the weight as much as TUT..

14. Here are the pics. These are as of last night. Day 9 in the cycle.

Name:  AM_back.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  97.3 KB
    Name:  AM_flex.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  75.9 KB
    Name:  AM_legs.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  101.3 KB

15. Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    Says the massive lean guy lol

All seriousness though, encouragement and accountability is def what were here for
  16. Day 11 of 30

Well, last night was chest. Good night. Routine went well. The weight felt light, mostly the first two working sets. I hadn't lifted that much on my own in quite some time and it went up nice and smooth.

Things are going along just fine. Only some mild acne to complain about, but I am prone to acne, so this would happen under usually circumstances. Adding more to my diet. Need to go shopping again.

Tuesday - Bench Press (200)
    Set #1 - 70%: 3x140
    Set #2 - 80%: 3x160
    Set #3 - 90%: 6x180

Final set went well, I could have done more but it would have been a sloppy rep. I didn't get as much of a pump as I would have liked, so perhaps my mechanics were off. I'll have to revisit that this weekend.

I finished up with some incline press, 5x10 and some one-arm dumbbell rows, 3x10.

17. Hey all, I'm here too.
    Jeremiah 29:11-14

18. Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    Hey all, I'm here too.
    oh no there goes the entire log!!! LOL Good to see you Lukey

19. Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    Hey all, I'm here too.
    Crap.. He found us...

Un subbed

20. Quote Originally Posted by bcazo View Post
    oh no there goes the entire log!!! LOL Good to see you Lukey
    Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    Crap.. He found us...

Un subbed
    Don't be weenies! Besides, I'll just stay in the corner. Kinda like the guy at the parties that nobody knows but he's creepy enough that no one wants to go ask who he is.
    Jeremiah 29:11-14

21. Welcome all!

22. Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    Besides, I'll just stay in the corner. Kinda like the guy at the parties that nobody knows but he's creepy enough that no one wants to go ask who he is.
    Hey, you just described me!

23. Quote Originally Posted by 808shredded View Post
    In in!!
    That's what she said

24. Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    Don't be weenies! Besides, I'll just stay in the corner. Kinda like the guy at the parties that nobody knows but he's creepy enough that no one wants to go ask who he is.
    If your wearing your Iron flex shirts then I guess it's Ok... LOL
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. At what point do you say 'I give up."?
    By tooshort4life in forum General Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-11-2012, 05:33 PM
  2. What do you lift at what weight? Bench/strict curl/dead/squat RAW
    By SportbikeBob in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 04-06-2011, 07:22 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-20-2007, 02:26 AM
  4. QUIZ: How much do you know about what you eat?
    By yeahright in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-10-2006, 02:30 AM
  5. What ratio of 4AD to T-1 do you like the best?
    By CROWLER in forum Cycle Logs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-12-2003, 11:26 AM