Do You Ultra-Sten What I'm Saying?

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Answers

Day 11 of 30

Well, last night was chest. Good night. Routine went well. The weight felt light, mostly the first two working sets. I hadn't lifted that much on my own in quite some time and it went up nice and smooth.

Things are going along just fine. Only some mild acne to complain about, but I am prone to acne, so this would happen under usually circumstances. Adding more to my diet. Need to go shopping again.

Tuesday - Bench Press (200)
    Set #1 - 70%: 3x140
    Set #2 - 80%: 3x160
    Set #3 - 90%: 6x180

Final set went well, I could have done more but it would have been a sloppy rep. I didn't get as much of a pump as I would have liked, so perhaps my mechanics were off. I'll have to revisit that this weekend.

I finished up with some incline press, 5x10 and some one-arm dumbbell rows, 3x10.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Hey all, I'm here too.
    "But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded."
    IRON FLEX SUPPLEMENTS REP SAVE 20% WITH LUKE20 @ IRONFLEXSUPPS.COM
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    Hey all, I'm here too.
    oh no there goes the entire log!!! LOL Good to see you Lukey
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Hey all, I'm here too.
    Crap.. He found us...

Un subbed
    MYOKEM REP & ATHLETE
    PSALMS 62:1- 62:2
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bcazo View Post
    oh no there goes the entire log!!! LOL Good to see you Lukey
    Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    Crap.. He found us...

Un subbed
    Don't be weenies! Besides, I'll just stay in the corner. Kinda like the guy at the parties that nobody knows but he's creepy enough that no one wants to go ask who he is.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  175 lbs.
    Answers

In in!!
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Answers

Welcome all!
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Answers

Besides, I'll just stay in the corner. Kinda like the guy at the parties that nobody knows but he's creepy enough that no one wants to go ask who he is.
    Hey, you just described me!
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 808shredded View Post
    In in!!
    That's what she said
    MYOKEM REP & ATHLETE
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.
    Answers

Don't be weenies! Besides, I'll just stay in the corner. Kinda like the guy at the parties that nobody knows but he's creepy enough that no one wants to go ask who he is.
    If your wearing your Iron flex shirts then I guess it's Ok... LOL
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  175 lbs.
    Answers

That's what she said
    Lol...
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Answers

Day 12 mini-update:

I've noticed some irritability with the Ultra-Sten. Nothing to ruin my day, but I noticed I'm getting, or starting to get, short with people. Not in a confrontational way, let's just say my patience has been running thin, but I'm not the most patient person there is. I think too fast! But, it's good training for keeping my cool for when the fit really hits the shan and I can keep my head during a disaster.

I know I'm not even halfway done, but I was hoping for some tightness and hardness to start showing. I'm at work currently and I noticed that I look bigger when I saw my reflection in the mirror.

I've heard some people mention this stuff "kicking in", and I'm curious as to what this means, as in, what it feels like? Again, I know I'm still in the early phase, barely halfway, but just curious if it might take longer for me to respond to the Ultra-Sten.

Thanks
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ricroc View Post
    Day 12 mini-update:

I've noticed some irritability with the Ultra-Sten. Nothing to ruin my day, but I noticed I'm getting, or starting to get, short with people. Not in a confrontational way, let's just say my patience has been running thin, but I'm not the most patient person there is. I think too fast! But, it's good training for keeping my cool for when the fit really hits the shan and I can keep my head during a disaster.

I know I'm not even halfway done, but I was hoping for some tightness and hardness to start showing. I'm at work currently and I noticed that I look bigger when I saw my reflection in the mirror.

I've heard some people mention this stuff "kicking in", and I'm curious as to what this means, as in, what it feels like? Again, I know I'm still in the early phase, barely halfway, but just curious if it might take longer for me to respond to the Ultra-Sten.

Thanks
    As for signs that it's kicking in you are experiencing 3 that being, aggression, acne, muscle fullness... Increased strength and much better recovery time should be right around the corner. You should also be feeling an all day pump which for me is the fun part, feeling like a beast all day long.. As you know and always hear your diet will be a big factor as to what kind of gains you will see.. Ultra-Sten is a versatile compound and your gains will be based on what you feed it..
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Answers

You should also be feeling an all day pump which for me is the fun part, feeling like a beast all day long. Ultra-Sten is a versatile compound and your gains will be based on what you feed it..
    Yes, the all-day pump! That's what I'm talking about. I do love that beast mode.

I am finding Ultra-Sten to be convenient and versatile. The recovery time has increased. No soreness at all, when compared to last week, it was night and day difference.

I know I need to eat more, but I'm fearing I'm gaining too much fat. My belly feels/looks swollen.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.
    Answers

Yes, the all-day pump! That's what I'm talking about. I do love that beast mode.

I am finding Ultra-Sten to be convenient and versatile. The recovery time has increased. No soreness at all, when compared to last week, it was night and day difference.

I know I need to eat more, but I'm fearing I'm gaining too much fat. My belly feels/looks swollen.
    Are you trying to bulk, recomp. or cut? Are you doing any cardio??? Some cardio and reduced calories while ON will lean you out nicely if that is your goal..
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Answers

How's your sodium intake?
    MYOKEM REP & ATHLETE
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Answers

Are you trying to bulk, recomp. or cut? Are you doing any cardio??? Some cardio and reduced calories while ON will lean you out nicely if that is your goal..
    Trying for a bulk, lean bulk. I want to put on some size. Haven't done any cardio. Wasn't sure if doing so would be good while on.

How's your sodium intake?
    I'd like to say it's average, but not sure what average would mean. I don't think I'm taking in too much, but for all I know, I might be. I do drink BCAA's that have electrolytes in them. I have one serving in between meals and two servings intra.

I was just thinking that I wouldn't feel or look as bloated as I do. I'll revisit some items later on tonight.

Always fun to gauge what's causing what and experiment them there!
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Answers

This may sound odd.. How's your bowel movements? May need to incorporate some psyllium husk or another fiber into your diet. Hell, could grab some digestive enzymes...
    MYOKEM REP & ATHLETE
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Answers

This may sound odd.. How's your bowel movements? May need to incorporate some psyllium husk or another fiber into your diet. Hell, could grab some digestive enzymes...
    Not weird at all. In fact, my bm's have been good since I started. I feel like I'm getting everything out of the food I consume.
  20. Registered User
    Answers

Trying for a bulk, lean bulk. I want to put on some size. Haven't done any cardio. Wasn't sure if doing so would be good while on.

I'd like to say it's average, but not sure what average would mean. I don't think I'm taking in too much, but for all I know, I might be. I do drink BCAA's that have electrolytes in them. I have one serving in between meals and two servings intra.

I was just thinking that I wouldn't feel or look as bloated as I do. I'll revisit some items later on tonight.

Always fun to gauge what's causing what and experiment them there!
    Honestly, at your body composition, I'd say cardio is fine year round to keep/get lean as you go.

If done properly, cardio can ramp up the metabolism without being overly restrictive in total weight gains. Something like high intensity cardio for 15-20 minutes, 3-5 times per week will increase capillary density and help shuttle nutrients to your muscles more efficiently. Over time, cardio trains your body to pull from fat reserves for more of its energy as you build up more mitochondria in the cells.

It's when you are at an already low or acceptable body fat and you want to bulk up is when you take cardio out altogether.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    Honestly, at your body composition, I'd say cardio is fine year round to keep/get lean as you go.

If done properly, cardio can ramp up the metabolism without being overly restrictive in total weight gains. Something like high intensity cardio for 15-20 minutes, 3-5 times per week will increase capillary density and help shuttle nutrients to your muscles more efficiently. Over time, cardio trains your body to pull from fat reserves for more of its energy as you build up more mitochondria in the cells.

It's when you are at an already low or acceptable body fat and you want to bulk up is when you take cardio out altogether.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.. This was where I was going with my question.. I do cardio 5 times a week, it's a necessity for me to stay or try to get lean..
  22. Registered User
    Answers

Couldn't have said it better myself.. This was where I was going with my question.. I do cardio 5 times a week, it's a necessity for me to stay or try to get lean..
    Me too really. I've been progressively getting fatter as I've put on weight. Eventually, I'll get to a point that I have to cut up again and start over with the bulking. However, each time I do that I end up a little bigger and leaner than before.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Answers

Day 12 Update:

Didn't post after last night's workout. It was military and that one always takes more out of me because of my bad shoulders. My right one has had two surgeries and has been feeling fine, but about 2 months ago, I slept funny and now I think I have a pinched nerve affecting me. Some massages have helped ease it out, but last night, I could feel it wanting to give. Luckily, I held form and went slow and steady. Thing of it is, I originally hurt my right shoulder back in high school from jerking my presses.

Military Press:
    Set #1: 3x80
    Set #2: 3x90
    Set #3: 3x100

I wanted to go for more on the last set but didn't think I could hold up that well. For assistance, I did a few more sets of presses at a lower weight, followed up with some face pulls and side laterals interspersed.

This morning, I had some irritability, but, I wasn't going to let it control me. This isn't so much as a result of the Ultra-Sten; again, I'm prone to getting annoyed. But, like I said, I WAS IN CONTROL!. I was not going to let it consume me. (Note: this is where I would fail in the past. Just have a crappy attitude and then let it linger. Perhaps the Ultra-Sten's give me that extra oomph to kick the negativity when it comes my way.)

By the time I got to work, I felt more alpha than I had been in quite some time. I just felt ready. Like whatever comes my way, however bad it may seem or I think it will suck, no matter what's taking place: I got this! This mildly spilled over into that cocky-arrogant arena, but like with the controlling of the irritability, I put it back in its place to let the alpha hold court.

I liken alpha to being supreme confidence without any arrogance. In short, not an a-hole!

One good thing: no negative sides. Acne is annoying, but I've dealt with this my whole life so just aggravating more than anything.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Answers

FYI: Omega Sports makes a TUDCA product called Liver Lock.

(Not sure if it's okay to post this, but, given how I'm feeling, I really don't care if it's against forum rules)
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.
    Answers

FYI: Omega Sports makes a TUDCA product called Liver Lock.

(Not sure if it's okay to post this, but, given how I'm feeling, I really don't care if it's against forum rules)
    It's fine, I'll have to check it out...
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.
    Answers

Day 12 Update:

Didn't post after last night's workout. It was military and that one always takes more out of me because of my bad shoulders. My right one has had two surgeries and has been feeling fine, but about 2 months ago, I slept funny and now I think I have a pinched nerve affecting me. Some massages have helped ease it out, but last night, I could feel it wanting to give. Luckily, I held form and went slow and steady. Thing of it is, I originally hurt my right shoulder back in high school from jerking my presses.

Military Press:
    Set #1: 3x80
    Set #2: 3x90
    Set #3: 3x100

I wanted to go for more on the last set but didn't think I could hold up that well. For assistance, I did a few more sets of presses at a lower weight, followed up with some face pulls and side laterals interspersed.

This morning, I had some irritability, but, I wasn't going to let it control me. This isn't so much as a result of the Ultra-Sten; again, I'm prone to getting annoyed. But, like I said, I WAS IN CONTROL!. I was not going to let it consume me. (Note: this is where I would fail in the past. Just have a crappy attitude and then let it linger. Perhaps the Ultra-Sten's give me that extra oomph to kick the negativity when it comes my way.)

By the time I got to work, I felt more alpha than I had been in quite some time. I just felt ready. Like whatever comes my way, however bad it may seem or I think it will suck, no matter what's taking place: I got this! This mildly spilled over into that cocky-arrogant arena, but like with the controlling of the irritability, I put it back in its place to let the alpha hold court.

I liken alpha to being supreme confidence without any arrogance. In short, not an a-hole!

One good thing: no negative sides. Acne is annoying, but I've dealt with this my whole life so just aggravating more than anything.
    Glad your able to keep a cool head, I ran one PH the beginning of this year that by week 3 it had me punching holes in walls. I'm a calm guy so the aggression was out of control, great for the gym no good for personal life...
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Answers

Glad your able to keep a cool head, I ran one PH the beginning of this year that by week 3 it had me punching holes in walls. I'm a calm guy so the aggression was out of control, great for the gym no good for personal life...
    Thanks. It's been a life-long process, seemingly, especially when I moved out on my own and had to deal with life and all its intricacies.

Agreed, great to have that aggression in the gym and only in the gym...well, and also the sack if you've got an energetic gal!
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Solid military presses my man!
    MYOKEM REP & ATHLETE
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Answers

Forgot to update Friday's workout. It was deadlifts and had a good, overall day training.

My appetite has wanted as of late. In fact, Friday after working out, I was not all that hungry. I'm going to up the UDCA and see if that helps any.

Yesterday, however, was probably my best day traning so far during this cycle. It was chest and while I wasn't able to get more reps on my final set--I blame this on not resting long enough--I looked hella swole. I was stout! If only I can maintain that look of fullness and buffness.

Bench Press:
    Set #1: 5x150
    Set #2: 3x170
    Set #3: 1x190

Had I rested longer between the 2nd and 3rd sets, I could have done more reps. But, after looking back on it this morning, I was still please to get 190 up freestyle, as opposed to the Soloflex helping me. In that regard, I know I've made progress.

Had to stop the creatine. That was aiding my acne flareup. In the past, when I'd use creatine, I'd get bad acne. No sense in making it worse with the ultra-sten.

No gains to speak of, but, that's only cause I haven't been able to eat much. I get a great pump during my workouts. Any muscle fullness I had is starting to wane.
  30. Registered User
    Answers

I dont mean to be a butt when I say this but how exactly does creatine have anything to do with acne flare ups? U r using a DHT derivative. I cant imagine anything else being the culprit...
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Answers

In the past, when I've use creatine, I'd get acne flareups. The first week I started using Ultra-Sten, it wasn't that bad, but given what's in it, to be expected, especially since I'm prone, what with oily skin production.

I started using creating last week and that's when the flareups began. This might not be directly related, but given my reaction to creatine, in addition to not having had such a flareup with the ultra initially, leads me down this road.

I haven't used creatine in about four days now and flareups have subsided and the ones that stayed are now beginning to dry up and fade away.
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Are you using straight creatine or is it in a mix with creatine being the base and other supps added in?
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Answers

I was adding it to my post workout shake, which has protein, carbs (e.g. waxy maize) and bcaas.
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Well, I was asking if it was a creatine based supp like Green Magnitude or if it was just plain creatine you were using.
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Answers

In for the lean gainz
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Answers

Well, I was asking if it was a creatine based supp like Green Magnitude or if it was just plain creatine you were using.
    I see. Yeah, it was ON's micronized version. Heck, even the first time I was used creatine, I had an outbreak unlike I had ever had in my life. I forget that creatine does that to me until I think, "Hey, it's been a while since I've used creatine" and decide to use it again.
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by drewsicle3210 View Post
    In for the lean gainz
    Thanks, drew. They are slowly making their way.
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.
    Answers

In the past, when I've use creatine, I'd get acne flareups. The first week I started using Ultra-Sten, it wasn't that bad, but given what's in it, to be expected, especially since I'm prone, what with oily skin production.

I started using creating last week and that's when the flareups began. This might not be directly related, but given my reaction to creatine, in addition to not having had such a flareup with the ultra initially, leads me down this road.

I haven't used creatine in about four days now and flareups have subsided and the ones that stayed are now beginning to dry up and fade away.
    I'm glad you were able to pinpoint where it was coming from...
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.
    Answers

I knew where you were going with this Green Magnitude gives me the runs bad...
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Answers

Another good workout last night, although, nowhere near as stout as Monday's.

Tuesday was squats and these are finally getting better. I've had a banged up knee for the past 16, 17 years and just now, it's finally getting back into place. Working out legs (duh) has helped, in addition to well timed massages. That's really helped get the knee back in order and Tuesday, I was proud of how I was able to squat.

While I might not be arse to the grass status, I do as close to parallel as I can (I think..haha) and yesterday, it all came together. Given that I'm straight barbell and not SOloflex, I was pleased with my strenght and progress as I had zero problmes or issues getting all my sets and reps in. Yesterday was an "I ain't doing jacks--t" day but I made the most of my squatting. Thighs are getting thicker since having started Ultra-Sten.

Routine:
    Set #1: 5x180
    Set #2: 3x205
    Set #3: 3x225

I wanted to go for more on that final set, but, on the second set, I tweaked to top of my quad, nothing major, as I was able to relax it with some immediate stretching and resting before the final set. After that third rep I was thinking I could squeeze one more out, but I could feel that my CNS wasn't going to like it much if I had dropped for that fourth rep.

At that point, I felt like I knew how to train, which is to say, how to listen to my body and give it all I have, but staying mindful so as to avoid injury and taxing myself unnecessarily, which would only prevent me from training harder and heavier later on down the line. (Note: any wonder Wendler says to start out light.) It was like the light went on, so to speak, and though it was only three work sets, I gained so much more as a result. I like these moment of lifting clarity. Had one earlier this year, a couple I should say, and now another. All about progression.

Overall: I'm pleased with the Ultra-Sten to date. In looking at the calendar, I've got about 14 days (including today) left on cycle. The cycle's gonna run a day longer because on two days, I forgot to take my final pill, so I'll finish those up on one day all to themselves. I know the pounds haven't been building up, but that's because the hunger has not been there as consistently as I would have liked. At the very least, I would have liked my midsection to slim down, especially the booze-filled lovehandles of yesteryear. But, it's all on me.

Fourteen more days of what I would imagine will be greater returns on investment. My body's acclimated quite nicely, albiet with some hiccups in the form of acne and irritability, but that's to be expected and while both do wave around from time to time, my body's steadying the course.

Today's my off day, but I'm feeling like doing some heavy curls and some Krok rows just to get in some work.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. At what point do you say 'I give up."?
    By tooshort4life in forum General Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-11-2012, 04:33 PM
  2. What do you lift at what weight? Bench/strict curl/dead/squat RAW
    By SportbikeBob in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 04-06-2011, 06:22 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-20-2007, 01:26 AM
  4. QUIZ: How much do you know about what you eat?
    By yeahright in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-10-2006, 01:30 AM
  5. What ratio of 4AD to T-1 do you like the best?
    By CROWLER in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-12-2003, 10:26 AM