Do You Ultra-Sten What I'm Saying?

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

  1. Yeah really. I hope appetite increases for me as well. 7lbs in 1 week sounds like a dream drug, lol.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    Yeah really. I hope appetite increases for me as well. 7lbs in 1 week sounds like a dream drug, lol.
    he should gain 15-20lbs by the end at this rate... Time to buy new shirts
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by bcazo View Post
    he should gain 15-20lbs by the end at this rate... Time to buy new shirts
    Yeah, thanks for warning me! HAHA!

    I'll be interesting to see how these last three weeks play out.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by ricroc View Post
    Yeah, thanks for warning me! HAHA!

    I'll be interesting to see how these last three weeks play out.
    You got it!! LOL I would like to see you post your workouts so we can watch your strength climb

  5. Quote Originally Posted by bcazo View Post
    You got it!! LOL I would like to see you post your workouts so we can watch your strength climb
    @ricroc --> Basically, we're tryin to say stop slackin on the log, bud! Need enough details to see trends in the product over time.

    Where's my nudes...

  6. I used to be in the habit of posting up the routine, but that got boring. I took my noodz last night, just didn't post them up. I'll have time this evening. Monday was quite the busy one after work, but I got in my squats and everything was right with the world.

    I was a bit hesitant to put up some numbers because I know they'll be lower than what I was working with earlier in the year. Before, I'd workout with my Soloflex, but using weights, as the arm bar for the Soloflex has adapters to use standard weight plates. When I started with the Ultra-Sten, I switched up to using a traditional bar and some squat stands. (I would have liked to have gone the way of a power rack, but space is an issued.) As such, these stands are proving their worth. Takes a bit to get used to everything, but they're great.

    With the Soloflex, it was more like 2.5D, instead of 3D, since the bar wouldn't move back or forth. Now that I'm going the truer weightlifting route, the weights might not be as high, but, I'm not as weak as I'd thought.

    In fact, now that I'm writing this out, it makes sense to include the routine.

    Damn, you all are some smooth talkers.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by ricroc View Post
    I used to be in the habit of posting up the routine, but that got boring. I took my noodz last night, just didn't post them up. I'll have time this evening. Monday was quite the busy one after work, but I got in my squats and everything was right with the world.

    I was a bit hesitant to put up some numbers because I know they'll be lower than what I was working with earlier in the year. Before, I'd workout with my Soloflex, but using weights, as the arm bar for the Soloflex has adapters to use standard weight plates. When I started with the Ultra-Sten, I switched up to using a traditional bar and some squat stands. (I would have liked to have gone the way of a power rack, but space is an issued.) As such, these stands are proving their worth. Takes a bit to get used to everything, but they're great.

    With the Soloflex, it was more like 2.5D, instead of 3D, since the bar wouldn't move back or forth. Now that I'm going the truer weightlifting route, the weights might not be as high, but, I'm not as weak as I'd thought.

    In fact, now that I'm writing this out, it makes sense to include the routine.

    Damn, you all are some smooth talkers.
    Don't be ashamed. We're here for support, encouragement and accountability.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    Don't be ashamed. We're here for support, encouragement and accountability.
    that's what I'm talking about, I've been lifting like a little girl for the last 3 months rehabing my shoulder and still seeing gains. It's not about the weight as much as TUT..

  9. Here are the pics. These are as of last night. Day 9 in the cycle.

    Name:  AM_back.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  97.3 KB
    Name:  AM_flex.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  75.9 KB
    Name:  AM_legs.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  101.3 KB

  10. Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    Don't be ashamed. We're here for support, encouragement and accountability.
    Says the massive lean guy lol

    All seriousness though, encouragement and accountability is def what were here for
    Psalms 62:1-62:2
    Body Performance Solutions Rep
    •   
       

  11. Day 11 of 30


    Well, last night was chest. Good night. Routine went well. The weight felt light, mostly the first two working sets. I hadn't lifted that much on my own in quite some time and it went up nice and smooth.

    Things are going along just fine. Only some mild acne to complain about, but I am prone to acne, so this would happen under usually circumstances. Adding more to my diet. Need to go shopping again.

    Tuesday - Bench Press (200)
    Set #1 - 70%: 3x140
    Set #2 - 80%: 3x160
    Set #3 - 90%: 6x180

    Final set went well, I could have done more but it would have been a sloppy rep. I didn't get as much of a pump as I would have liked, so perhaps my mechanics were off. I'll have to revisit that this weekend.

    I finished up with some incline press, 5x10 and some one-arm dumbbell rows, 3x10.

  12. Hey all, I'm here too.
    "But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded."

  13. Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    Hey all, I'm here too.
    oh no there goes the entire log!!! LOL Good to see you Lukey

  14. Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    Hey all, I'm here too.
    Crap.. He found us...

    Un subbed
    Psalms 62:1-62:2
    Body Performance Solutions Rep

  15. Quote Originally Posted by bcazo View Post
    oh no there goes the entire log!!! LOL Good to see you Lukey
    Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    Crap.. He found us...

    Un subbed
    Don't be weenies! Besides, I'll just stay in the corner. Kinda like the guy at the parties that nobody knows but he's creepy enough that no one wants to go ask who he is.
    "But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded."

  16. Welcome all!

  17. Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    Besides, I'll just stay in the corner. Kinda like the guy at the parties that nobody knows but he's creepy enough that no one wants to go ask who he is.
    Hey, you just described me!

  18. Quote Originally Posted by 808shredded View Post
    In in!!
    That's what she said
    Psalms 62:1-62:2
    Body Performance Solutions Rep

  19. Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    Don't be weenies! Besides, I'll just stay in the corner. Kinda like the guy at the parties that nobody knows but he's creepy enough that no one wants to go ask who he is.
    If your wearing your Iron flex shirts then I guess it's Ok... LOL

  20. Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    That's what she said
    Lol...

  21. Day 12 mini-update:

    I've noticed some irritability with the Ultra-Sten. Nothing to ruin my day, but I noticed I'm getting, or starting to get, short with people. Not in a confrontational way, let's just say my patience has been running thin, but I'm not the most patient person there is. I think too fast! But, it's good training for keeping my cool for when the fit really hits the shan and I can keep my head during a disaster.

    I know I'm not even halfway done, but I was hoping for some tightness and hardness to start showing. I'm at work currently and I noticed that I look bigger when I saw my reflection in the mirror.

    I've heard some people mention this stuff "kicking in", and I'm curious as to what this means, as in, what it feels like? Again, I know I'm still in the early phase, barely halfway, but just curious if it might take longer for me to respond to the Ultra-Sten.

    Thanks

  22. Quote Originally Posted by ricroc View Post
    Day 12 mini-update:

    I've noticed some irritability with the Ultra-Sten. Nothing to ruin my day, but I noticed I'm getting, or starting to get, short with people. Not in a confrontational way, let's just say my patience has been running thin, but I'm not the most patient person there is. I think too fast! But, it's good training for keeping my cool for when the fit really hits the shan and I can keep my head during a disaster.

    I know I'm not even halfway done, but I was hoping for some tightness and hardness to start showing. I'm at work currently and I noticed that I look bigger when I saw my reflection in the mirror.

    I've heard some people mention this stuff "kicking in", and I'm curious as to what this means, as in, what it feels like? Again, I know I'm still in the early phase, barely halfway, but just curious if it might take longer for me to respond to the Ultra-Sten.

    Thanks
    As for signs that it's kicking in you are experiencing 3 that being, aggression, acne, muscle fullness... Increased strength and much better recovery time should be right around the corner. You should also be feeling an all day pump which for me is the fun part, feeling like a beast all day long.. As you know and always hear your diet will be a big factor as to what kind of gains you will see.. Ultra-Sten is a versatile compound and your gains will be based on what you feed it..

  23. Quote Originally Posted by bcazo View Post
    You should also be feeling an all day pump which for me is the fun part, feeling like a beast all day long. Ultra-Sten is a versatile compound and your gains will be based on what you feed it..
    Yes, the all-day pump! That's what I'm talking about. I do love that beast mode.

    I am finding Ultra-Sten to be convenient and versatile. The recovery time has increased. No soreness at all, when compared to last week, it was night and day difference.

    I know I need to eat more, but I'm fearing I'm gaining too much fat. My belly feels/looks swollen.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by ricroc View Post
    Yes, the all-day pump! That's what I'm talking about. I do love that beast mode.

    I am finding Ultra-Sten to be convenient and versatile. The recovery time has increased. No soreness at all, when compared to last week, it was night and day difference.

    I know I need to eat more, but I'm fearing I'm gaining too much fat. My belly feels/looks swollen.
    Are you trying to bulk, recomp. or cut? Are you doing any cardio??? Some cardio and reduced calories while ON will lean you out nicely if that is your goal..

  25. How's your sodium intake?
    Psalms 62:1-62:2
    Body Performance Solutions Rep

  26. Quote Originally Posted by bcazo View Post
    Are you trying to bulk, recomp. or cut? Are you doing any cardio??? Some cardio and reduced calories while ON will lean you out nicely if that is your goal..
    Trying for a bulk, lean bulk. I want to put on some size. Haven't done any cardio. Wasn't sure if doing so would be good while on.

    Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    How's your sodium intake?
    I'd like to say it's average, but not sure what average would mean. I don't think I'm taking in too much, but for all I know, I might be. I do drink BCAA's that have electrolytes in them. I have one serving in between meals and two servings intra.

    I was just thinking that I wouldn't feel or look as bloated as I do. I'll revisit some items later on tonight.

    Always fun to gauge what's causing what and experiment them there!

  27. This may sound odd.. How's your bowel movements? May need to incorporate some psyllium husk or another fiber into your diet. Hell, could grab some digestive enzymes...
    Psalms 62:1-62:2
    Body Performance Solutions Rep

  28. Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    This may sound odd.. How's your bowel movements? May need to incorporate some psyllium husk or another fiber into your diet. Hell, could grab some digestive enzymes...
    Not weird at all. In fact, my bm's have been good since I started. I feel like I'm getting everything out of the food I consume.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by ricroc View Post
    Trying for a bulk, lean bulk. I want to put on some size. Haven't done any cardio. Wasn't sure if doing so would be good while on.



    I'd like to say it's average, but not sure what average would mean. I don't think I'm taking in too much, but for all I know, I might be. I do drink BCAA's that have electrolytes in them. I have one serving in between meals and two servings intra.

    I was just thinking that I wouldn't feel or look as bloated as I do. I'll revisit some items later on tonight.

    Always fun to gauge what's causing what and experiment them there!
    Honestly, at your body composition, I'd say cardio is fine year round to keep/get lean as you go.

    If done properly, cardio can ramp up the metabolism without being overly restrictive in total weight gains. Something like high intensity cardio for 15-20 minutes, 3-5 times per week will increase capillary density and help shuttle nutrients to your muscles more efficiently. Over time, cardio trains your body to pull from fat reserves for more of its energy as you build up more mitochondria in the cells.

    It's when you are at an already low or acceptable body fat and you want to bulk up is when you take cardio out altogether.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. At what point do you say 'I give up."?
    By tooshort4life in forum General Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-11-2012, 06:33 PM
  2. What do you lift at what weight? Bench/strict curl/dead/squat RAW
    By SportbikeBob in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 04-06-2011, 08:22 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-20-2007, 03:26 AM
  4. QUIZ: How much do you know about what you eat?
    By yeahright in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-10-2006, 03:30 AM
  5. What ratio of 4AD to T-1 do you like the best?
    By CROWLER in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-12-2003, 12:26 PM
Log in
Log in