1. Meet Prep Week One: Day Four-Press Complex A
    --Power Movement--
    BB Flat: 225x3, 250x3, 285x3
    Extra Work: 250x3, 250x3, 250x3
    --SST Movement--
    BB CGBP: 210x5, 210x5, 210x5, 210x5, 240x5
    BB OHP: 135x5, 135x5, 135x5, 145x5
    --Accessories--
    DB Flat: 80x5, 85x5, 90x5, 100x5, 100x5 (emphasis on pushing off of the chest)
    DB Lateral Raise: 15x20, 15x20, 20x20, 20x20
    Cable Tricep Pressdown: 100 repetitions, undulating weights

After yesterday's two-a-day I had a feeling there would be some recovery repercussions--and I was correct, particularly with regards to my arms, delts, and associated tendons. From the heavy rows to the squats/deadlifts, my tendons are feeling battered. Obviously part of the game but fortunately something I can afford to rest with while on cycle.

I only recently (as in several weeks ago) began to incorporate mobility/stretching into my daily routine. A major misstep on my part to ignore it during my earlier training career, but I suppose its better to start late than never. I'm bringing in particular aspects of the Agile 8/Limber 11 and I do foam roll (I have a small "The Grid" roller) on a regular basis, but my flexibility is lacking and I'm slowly starting to ease into it.

I'm considering taking the next three days off of training, hitting up the gym for some MISS cardio and thorough foam-roll/stretches, and then attending the USPA's So Cal Meet on Saturday (Long Beach Metroflex) to get an eyes-on sense of my federation/judging/flights, and then dialing everything in to train on Sunday.

The Central California Open (my first meet) is going to tell me a lot about where I'm at as a novice, where I want to be as a powerlifter, and what I need to do to get there, I'm both excited and anxious but I will get it done!

2. Wondering what thoughts are on trying to bulk with this run?

Given the nature of the first meet and my goals, do you guys think it is reasonable to try to scrape by into the 181s or simple to enter the 198s? Granted, I did already register and pay my fee as a 181 but I do have the option to move up or down a class per USPA rules.

The primary reason I ask is because I'm beginning to feel that I should take advantage of the androgens as my cycling will be somewhat less frequent after this run.

At this point I do think I'd be viable (i.e. not place dead last) for the 181s--at least, I don't know how many people are in my class/who is coming to the meet--but perhaps not for the 198s.

The point of this meet is for me to get the experience of meet lifting and all of its technicalities/nuances. Until October 19th, I cannot call myself a competitive powerlifter. After that, its on, and I can take the steps necessary to be competitive/aggressive with the meets.

For reference, these are the California record holders for the classes I am considering:

181s:
    Squat: 507 (Lifter A)
    Bench: 352 (Lifter B)
    Deadlift: 600 (Lifter C)
    Total: 1339 (Lifter C)

*Lifter names denote different people, so these records are all split up.

198s:
    Squat: 507 (Lifter A)
    Bench: 330 (Lifter B)
    Deadlift: 600 (Lifter B)
    Total: 1383 (Lifter B)

As you can see there is not much of a difference in the records between the two (taken between 2012-2013), but these guys are the record holders for my state. Of course I'm not trying to set any sort of record or anything with this meet. All I would like is to break 1000 and not bomb out--this is a purely experiential undertaking.
    •   

3. Let's be honest - you're not going to stay 181 forever no matter what. Anybody your height that uses AAS will undoubtedly exceed that weightclass (in powerlifting, where you do NOT want a sub 10% bf) without a severe effort to retain it, and that in & of itself might limit the full potential of the drug use & your frame's potential. If you're really not gunning for a record or to place in the comp, and this is just to get your feet wet, then I'd let your body do what it really wants to right now: grow.

Just my .02
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Let's be honest - you're not going to stay 181 forever no matter what. Anybody your height that uses AAS will undoubtedly exceed that weightclass (in powerlifting, where you do NOT want a sub 10% bf) without a severe effort to retain it, and that in & of itself might limit the full potential of the drug use & your frame's potential. If you're really not gunning for a record or to place in the comp, and this is just to get your feet wet, then I'd let your body do what it really wants to right now: grow.

Just my .02
    I definitely agree here^^^
    Independent

5. So just a brief update as I've been taking this weekend off:

No side effects thus far, no lethargy either

In light of what I observed at the USPA meet yesterday, in terms of squat depth judging and press commands, I will be entering the meet with very conservative goals and openers. I saw a great deal of parallel squats red lighted, and it seems that a below-parallel or ATG squatting was the only sanctioned depth here. Granted, depth will vary with the judges but in my opinion its better for me to put up a smaller total and learn the ins-and-outs of the sport than to go big and walk away frustrated.

On an unrelated note, I'll be upping my carb and caloric intake.

6. Bombing out is for guys who are chasing new maxes in a meet. Anything with a white light for you is a new max at this point, so I'd say your going about it the right way keeping it conservative this time. Next time you can be more aggressive, but now I'd focus on getting your name on the books.
    [email protected]

7. Meet Prep Week Two: Day One-Pull Complex A
    DB Row: 70x10, 80x10, 95x10, 100x12, 100x12, 100x12
    --
    Superset:
    Cable Upright Row: 100x10, 100x10, 120x10, 130x10, 140x10, 140x10
    Straight Arm, Cable Lat Pulldown: 100x12, 100x12, 120x10, 130x10, 140x10, 140x10
    --
    Superset:
    DB Hammer Curl: 30x10, 35x10, 40x10
    DB Seated Alternate Curl: 20x10, 20x10, 20x10

Today was supposed to be a squat day, but despite stretching/foam rolling prior to the session my hip flexors and entire groin felt completely thrashed. Not quite the experience I was expecting after taking two days off, but I decided to play it safe and train my back instead.

Depending on how I feel I will squat later in the week, but I'm considering a squat deload for this week. I'm debating as to whether I should pull or deload the deadlift as well. In their place I would opt for some high volume accessory work (deficit deadlifts, hack squats, leg press, etc.).

With regards to the meet, I've more or less determined what my goals are and have more or less subtracted 20-30lbs from my gym PRs to work on complete technicality and commands. I will back up my low volume, percentage based approach to the primary lifts with high volume accessory work.

Hunger has been through the roof as of late, not quite as clean as I'd like it to be (I love peanut butter and honey bunches of oats cereal, I refuse to lie to myself about it any longer) but fat gains seem to be in check. It looks as if the Mithras and Epistane synergy is working well for a recomp.

I'm also considering running the Trenavar at 120mg throughout if funds allow.

8. You should run the right dose of Tvar for you - if you're gaining swell at 90, there's a lot to be said for sticking with the lighter dose. And if 120 isn't even cutting it, you're going to need to try 150 or you'll just be wasting your time. Better to be ready to adjust the dosing on the fly I say - Tiny Tony found 150, even when stacked with 90mg of M14AD, to be fairly moderate on sides, & was fully confident he'll be running it at least 180 next time (if not 210).

I know a guy at the gym who had incredible gains & fat loss with just 90mg over 6 wks with Celtic's trenavar, & he's not a hormone amateur by any means. And his diet/training kinda sucks. But he responded awesome. I mean he dropped 15lbs of fat & his traps/back exploded. Said strength gains were astounding.
    [email protected]

9. Meet Prep Week Two: Day Two-Press Complex A
    --Power Movement--
    BB Flat: 225x3, 255x3
    Press with Commands: 270x1, 280x1, 285x1
    --SST Movement--
    BB CGBP: 185x5, 210x5, 240x5
    Extra Work: 210x5, 210x5, 210x5
    --Accessories--
    Weighted Dips: +35x8, +35x8, +35x8
    DB Flat: 75x10, 75x10, 75x10
    Lateral Raises: 15x20, 20x10, 20x10, 30x10, 30x10

Just putting in the work. This week is going to be hectic for me but I will make the the time. I was supposed to receive my singlet last week but I was sent a Sling Shot instead! Unfortunately I'm nowhere near the level to make proper use of that thing, so I had to send it back and will receive my singlet on Thursday. I plan on getting some squat/deadlift sessions in with it to get a feel for it.

10. Continuation of Meet Two Week Two: Day Two-Legs Complex A

So after yesterday morning's pressing session I was feeling a bit antsy and wanted to pick things up and put them down. So in for the awkward 4PM deadlift session.

BB Deadlift: 350x3, 400x3, 450x3, 470x1, 485x1, 450x3, 320x8, 320x8
    Leg Extension: (unilateral) 50x12, 70x12, 90x12, 100x10, (bilateral) 120x10, 130x10, 140x10, 150x10

In and out, PR set at 97% of my desired competition pull (500). I will be trying to ease towards at least a 495 pull before the meet, but of course if I can get 500 in the better things will be.
    •   

11. Nice pr!

12. That's what I'm talking about! Looks like Mithras is treating you well enough
    [email protected]

13. Meet Prep Week Two: Day Three-Pull Complex B
    DB Row: 70x10, 70x10, 70x10, 70x10, 80x10, 90x10, 90x10, 90x10, 100x10, 110x10, 110x10,110x10
    --
    Seated DB Curl, Alternate: 20x10, 20x10, 30x10, 30x10, 35x10, 15x20, 15x20
    HS Row, Unilateral: 100x10, 100x10, 100x10
    --
    Cable Lat Pulldown: 110x10, 120x10, 130x10, 140x10
    Cable Upright Row: 100x10, 110x10, 130x10, 140x10

Phenomenal pumps today. The beating that my back can take is somewhat abnormal, and I really have to experiment with set/rep ranges to get the work in.
    Some of you may be wondering why there are no barbell rows or heavy weighted chins lately: this is because they've been giving me bicep and elbow tendon stress and I'd rather not sacrifice deadlift/bench numbers for them. I favor unilateral dumbbell or HS movements for their flexibility in both range of motion and body position. I also enjoy cable work for volume purposes and because it facilitates supersets.

14. Meet Prep Week Two: Day Three-Legs Complex B
    --Power Movement--
    BB Squat: 260x3, 300x3, 335x3, 350x1, 360x1, 370x1*
    --SST Movement--
    BB Deadlift: 320x10, 365x8, 410x8
    --Volume Accessories--
    BB Squat: 135x10, 185x8, 210x8, 225x8
    Leg Extension/Hamstring Curl: Supersetted to appropriate pump, unilateral/bilateral undulating weights

Good session today, you'll note the lower weights used for the squat relative to my previous maxes. These squats (and all squats from here on out) are being taken at a minimum below parallel and more often than not an inch or two away from being ATG. I want to emphasize depth as much as possible to the judges and would rather take a conservative stance at the meet than gamble and earn red lights.

Deadlifts were killer as usual but I do enjoy them! I am in the process of arranging to (finally!) have a training partner who also powerlifts. He has been gracious enough to reform his split around mine and knows what to look for with depth/form. Hopefully this will give me the final boost I need to cruise into the meet with confidence that my form and depth are more than appropriate.

15. When's the big day?
    [email protected]

16. Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    When's the big day?
    October 19th; I'm getting more and more antsy as it draws nearer. Hopefully I can add about 5lbs to my lifts (with commands) within that time frame.

This meet is a qualifier for the USPA's international arm, the IPL, and if I was to reach a particular total I may be able to barely scrape in for the IPL Worlds in November. Granted that's quite close but it is somewhat of an encouraging factor for me to really dial things in. Of course I actually have to DO the October meet first, so I'm getting ahead of myself.

17. Is this cycle going to run straight up until competition time? I don't think you want to be on the down slope of PCT when you compete, but I am new to cycles so ....

18. Quote Originally Posted by drewsicle3210 View Post
    Is this cycle going to run straight up until competition time? I don't think you want to be on the down slope of PCT when you compete, but I am new to cycles so ....
    You never compete in pct. It's just doing it wrong lol
    [email protected]

19. Quote Originally Posted by drewsicle3210 View Post
    Is this cycle going to run straight up until competition time? I don't think you want to be on the down slope of PCT when you compete, but I am new to cycles so ....
    Yes this cycle will go up to and including the meet; as Hyde said, PCT is not when you want to be competing.
    If I qualify for the November meet, however, that may be a bit of an issue but we will see.

I've got plenty of Aegis on hand so things should be okay from a support perspective. I'd also like to buy some Talos once my paycheck rolls in.

20. Word, learning experience for me. Hyde is a great addition to any cycle!!

21. Quote Originally Posted by drewsicle3210 View Post
    Word, learning experience for me. Hyde is a great addition to any cycle!!
    Appreciate it brother

Quote Originally Posted by SPLocal View Post
    Yes this cycle will go up to and including the meet; as Hyde said, PCT is not when you want to be competing.
    If I qualify for the November meet, however, that may be a bit of an issue but we will see.

I've got plenty of Aegis on hand so things should be okay from a support perspective. I'd also like to buy some Talos once my paycheck rolls in.
    Talos is the only cycle aid I've ever found to be truly up to snuff so far - the mild stuff is fine with very mild cycles. 6 caps of Talos is a good dose of Coq10 & SAMe - what you're really paying for. Stacked with TUDCA is a potent shield.

As for the meet, depending on time in between you could run a blitz 15-20 day PCT of a bottle of Clomid, Nolva, an AI, & immediately go back on a very fast acting oral like Sdrol/M1T, etc, then complete another PCT immediately following the comp to let your body rest for a longer offtime. But there are health, money, & even potentially blowing out of your weightclass considerations there. I'd do that over staying on thru the 2nd comp easy - being shutdown that long at your age is asking for TRT by age 30.
    [email protected]

22. Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Appreciate it brother

Talos is the only cycle aid I've ever found to be truly up to snuff so far - the mild stuff is fine with very mild cycles. 6 caps of Talos is a good dose of Coq10 & SAMe - what you're really paying for. Stacked with TUDCA is a potent shield.

As for the meet, depending on time in between you could run a blitz 15-20 day PCT of a bottle of Clomid, Nolva, an AI, & immediately go back on a very fast acting oral like Sdrol/M1T, etc, then complete another PCT immediately following the comp to let your body rest for a longer offtime. But there are health, money, & even potentially blowing out of your weightclass considerations there. I'd do that over staying on thru the 2nd comp easy - being shutdown that long at your age is asking for TRT by age 30.
    I am an Antaeus Labs/Iron Legion fanboy to the core. In fact AL supports are the only things I shell out the cash for and I won't run cycles without them.

I was thinking of saving the cash (and my organs) and opting for an aggressive PCT: Clomid/Nolva/AI (Exemenstane) along with X-Gels and some Forskolin. I also typically run LCLT year-round but I'm out at the moment, though it has so many benefits I should just keep some on hand.

23. Nice log sub'd to see how the meet treats yah

24. 27 Days Out: Legs Complex A
    --Power Movement--
    BB Deadlift: 350x3, 400x3, 450x3, 460x1, 470x1, 485x1, 490x1
    --SST Movement--
    BB Squat: 240x3, 280x3, 320x3, 340x1 (65/75/85/90%)
    --Volume Accessory--
    BB Deadlift: 325x5, 375x5, 405x5 (65/75/80%)
    Leg Extension: Unilateral/Bilateral until I could no longer walk properly

I love deadlifting. If I could perform one lift for the rest of my life it would be the deadlift.
    Things are running smoothly thus far. I believe I will keep the triples for both the Power/SST movements to familiarize myself with moving heavier percentages on the Big 3 in a fatigued state. If possible, I will bump up the increments of singles for the SST portion.

Also, I figure I should start logging my calories again. Despite putting down ~4k almost daily for the past several weeks I'm weighing in at about 183 thus far.

Consumption:
    Meal A: 200g chicken breast, 4 pcs Ezekiel bread, 2 tbsp peanut butter
    Meal B: 200g chicken breast, 5 cups of Special K cereal (don't judge me)
    Meal C: 500g cottage cheese, 2 pcs Ezekiel bread, assorted veggies
    Meal D: 400g cottage cheese, 4 tbsp peanut butter, assorted veggies

~3500kcal, 140g fat, 275g carb, 275g prot

25. This meets gon be good....
    [email protected]

26. Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    This meets gon be good....
    We will see, I'd like to hit 185 before then but my body will do what it wants. Regardless I plan on busting my ass these next few weeks. I'm sure nerves/anxiety will take their toll on my total...or things could flip and I'll do much better than I expected.

Personally, I just want to get one of those obligatory PL'er pictures of my deadlift lockout.

27. 26 Days Out: Press Complex A
    --Power Movement--
    BB Flat: 210x3, 240x3, 270x3, 280x1 (with commands), 285x1 (with commands), 290x1, 295x1 (touch-and-go)
    --SST Movement--
    BB CGBP: 185x5, 210x5, 240x5
    --Accessories--
    BB Flat: 185x10, 185x10, 185x10
    DB Flat: 100x3, 100x3, 100x3, 90x5 (alternating press: one arm maintains an extended hold while the other presses, then they alternate)
    DB Lateral Raise: 15x10, 15x10, 20x10, 20x10, 20x10
    Cable Tricep Pressdown: 100 repetitions

Another solid session. I'm meeting the benchmarks I've set thus far for command work and the touch-and-go singles are to get me more comfortable with my heaviest loads. Next week, I will attempt 290 with commands.

Trenavar seems to be facilitating things nicely but I'm carrying a bit of water. Either that or I'm getting fat! We will see when the cycle is done and things dissipate. Weight gain hasn't been anything too crazy (started at 176lbs or so, currently at 183) so I'm guessing theres a deal of water retention involved.

Consumption:
    Meal A: 200g chicken breast, 4 cups Special K cereal, 200g cottage cheese
    Meal B: 100g chicken breast, 200g cottage cheese, 8tbsp peanut butter
    Meal C: 300g cottage cheese, 4 pcs Ezekiel bread

28. Quote Originally Posted by SPLocal View Post
    Personally, I just want to get one of those obligatory PL'er pictures of my deadlift lockout.
    it's funny because it's true.

Bench is coming right along man. From what I've read, people don't seem to be gaining much weight on Mithras. Some glycogen retention & greatly increased capacity to lift mainly. And moderate strength gains. But not quite the cannon they were expecting with the pheraplex base...but Methylsten, which is di-methyl-1test, certainly is much drier & less powerful than M1T, so this stands to reason from my ignorant casual observation that a dimethyl phera would go the same route. But people really enjoy msten (I know I did), so that's been similar as well.
    [email protected]

29. Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    it's funny because it's true.

Bench is coming right along man. From what I've read, people don't seem to be gaining much weight on Mithras. Some glycogen retention & greatly increased capacity to lift mainly. And moderate strength gains. But not quite the cannon they were expecting with the pheraplex base...but Methylsten, which is di-methyl-1test, certainly is much drier & less powerful than M1T, so this stands to reason from my ignorant casual observation that a dimethyl phera would go the same route. But people really enjoy msten (I know I did), so that's been similar as well.
    I think a post I read by a PHF member summed up Mithras the best: it is icing on a PH cake. Surprisingly it seems that Methyldiazirinol has overshadowed its brother, and in fact my next cycle will be Triumphalis + Legio-X (with fall/winter approaching I'm sure Legio logs will sprout up). I do think Triumphalis + Dienazone or Mithras + Dienazone are both effective and versatile stacks. I love Dienolone and I do in fact think it is one of the few compounds I'd recommend to any and all powerlifters. Triumphalis recomp effects and Mithras strength gains would also compliment any run oriented towards strength or maintainable gains.

Thinking ahead I am also trying to focus on the battle for strength gain maintenance once PCT comes around. I do think (rather, I know) that I'll dry out a bit once I come off and that's okay with me.

Thus far I've got some X-Gels, Forskolin-95, bulk LCLT, and a tub of PF3 along with serms/ai's to last quite a while. I tend to rebound pretty well from my runs with regards to strength, and now that I won't be doing any of the form-readjusting bull**** that dropped all my previous lifts I have nowhere to go but up. Of course its easier said than done.

30. I really think you'll be g2g - as long as the serms/ais are there, DAA, & I prefer some kind of natty gimmick (like the x-gels, which are one of the most touted gimmicks out there). You've got your bases covered. Strength is a lot of things - and I think, largely, a personal decision. It's a mindset you choose to adopt. If you know you will, you can.
    [email protected]

Similar Forum Threads

1. Epistane and Omnevol at the same time?
    By Montana Gun in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-28-2008, 07:56 PM
  2. * * * Epistane and CS stack at the board store
    By CROWLER in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 01:43 PM
  3. Epistane and The UMC
    By Adrenolin in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-24-2008, 11:12 PM
  4. Replies: 34