Cuffs First True Bulker

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.26%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Cool Cuffs First True Bulker

This log will be maintained for my first true bulking cycle beginning today, 01/06/05.

GOAL:
    To add 25+ lbs of mass, while trying to keep b/f in the area of 15-17%. The b/f may be a struggle, but I'm hoping my diet plan will keep it at bay.

STATS:
    5'-10.5", 220LBS, 13-14% B/F

DIET:
    I am going to go with 4500 cals per day to start. I will raise the cals if I feel it is necessary. The diet will be a 45/35/20.

CYCLE:
    This cycle will be for 14 weeks.
    Due to the current state of supplements, I am not going to list what I will be taking. You can draw your own conclusion, but please do not ask, and please do not post your assumptions. If you're someone I speak with on occasion, you can ask me through a PM, or my cyber mail.

TRAINING:
    I will be utilizing a 4-day split during this cycle. I have been on a 3-day split for almost a year. I love the 3-day split, but want to change it up a bit for this. I will be spliting my leg workouts on two of these days. Quads on one, Hams on the other. I'm trying to get my legs caught up with my upper half.

I will be running some cardio to keep things going. I can't afford to get too sloppy.

SUPPLEMENTS:
    Whey protein
    Multivitamin
    Vitamin C
    Green Tea
    Fish Oil
    Hawthorne Berry
    Saw Palemento
    Milk Thistle
    Chromium
    Melatonin (night before work only)
    Sesathin (I will add this in after week 8 through PCT)

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.91%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Looks good. 25lbs. is a lot though, but I wish you good luck. I will be following the thread.

3. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.26%

Quote Originally Posted by ryansm
    Looks good. 25lbs. is a lot though, but I wish you good luck. I will be following the thread.
    I thought that as well. I set my goal high for this. I'd be very happy with 20lbs. I'm sure some of it's going to be fat. Just trying to limit it.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.91%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Well I see you put "mass" which in those terms I see it as a very possible goal. I'm sure you are giddy with anticapation to.

5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.68%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

good luck brudda, i'll be following this one pretty close. 25lbs isn't that much to gain during the cycle, but it's a lot to keep afterwards, so i've discovered
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.75%

watching w/ interest - and pulling for your success!
  7. I know nothing...
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.56%

Good luck, Cuffs. I'll be watching it close.
  8. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.26%

01/06/04
    Alrighty then. Despite my knee being a bit jacked up, which was explained in another thread, I went against advice I would have given soemone else. Kinda like milwood...LOL, (something from another thread). The swelling in my knee is gone, and it's feeling better. It's just stiff and a little painful. What can I say, I was just too jazzed to sit by and wait Plus, I was still pissed off over last night. So, I went ahead with my first dose.

I'll update with more info. later.
  9. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.06%
    Achievements Posting Pro

it really sucks that you cant post what your taken, I wouldnt either though. I planned my cycle I am in now to end the day before the ban hits.
  10. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.26%

01/12/04:
    I ran into a bit of a problem this last weekend, but things are much better now. They say things happen in threes, and for me, that's exactly what happened. Still have some pain just below my knee, but more in my calf, from the fight at work. I did a light leg workout on Tuesday and had no problems. Chest/tricep workout on Monday went very well.

Anyways, I can feel things beginning to kick in. Weight is at 223.5lbs., up 3.5 this week. My appetite had been suppressed the last two days, but has been much more noticeable today. I even broke down and went to Burger King for the first time in a year. DID YOU HEAR THAT BIGPETE? I SAID I WENT TO BURGER KING...LOL! Starting to see/feel a little bloat in my face. Depending on how I look tomorrow, I may begin some A-dex at .25ml.
  11. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.26%

I forgot to add this to my post...

To all the dudes here that gave me advice for the problem I experienced the last few days, I want to say a big...
    THANK YOU!
    It was very much appreciated. Even though I probably sounded like a whiney bitch.
  12. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.15%

I guess things worked out in a positive direction.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.82%

Good luck with the bulk, Cuffs!
  14. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.45%

without getting into detail to honor your first post what kind of esters are they if you dont mind me asking?
  15. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.26%

Quote Originally Posted by BryanM
    without getting into detail to honor your first post what kind of esters are they if you dont mind me asking?
    Yes I mind. No details will be provided.
  16. I know nothing...
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.56%

Quote Originally Posted by Cuffs
    I even broke down and went to Burger King for the first time in a year. I SAID I WENT TO BURGER KING...LOL!
    I bet you used one of those coupons buy one get one free LOL I used all mine already. No wonder I'm up 23 Lb
  17. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.19%

Glad you're better, Cuffs. That was a tough break. Actually, I don't even know what's going on. I just log on to stare at that cop-chick, hoping in vain that she'll finally get all that gear unzipped...
  18. I know nothing...
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.56%

Hey, stand in line! That chick already taken
  19. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.75%

great to hear cuffs! hope things keep progressing well, i'm sure they will
  20. I know nothing...
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.56%

Quote Originally Posted by BryanM
    I belive, he uses Creatine Ethyl Ester
  21. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.26%

01/18/05:
    Workouts have been going good. I've noticed an increase in strength and stamina. Recovery is also very fast.

Weight today was at 225.5lbs. Up 5.5 pounds thus far. Had some bloat the other day, but introduced an RC at .30ml's eod. Seems to have done the trick.

My diet has not been very good. Not so much my diet, but my appetite is somewhat surppressed. I find myself having to force feed myself to get the calories up. However, there have been a few days when my calories suffered (been low).

On Monday, I worked chest and tri's. Had a very good workout. I got home, slammed down a shake, showered, and had to take the wife to a doctors appointment. I began to feel like crap, achy all over. I took a few Ibuprofen and drank a bunch of water, and began to feel much better. I believe the problem was from lactic acid.

Anyways...days 7-9 had some back pumps, but nothing major. Began to feel them at my last set of dead lifts. It has since gone away.

I had a couple of unexpected complements.

First was from my wife. She had been out of town for a couple of weeks. I was laying down and she was sitting on top of me (Keep picturing that one you pervs ). She had her hands on my chest and began commenting on how my chest feels much tighter, harder, fuller. She said "wow, you've been really focusing on your chest, haven't you? I can really tell a difference." That was nice to hear.

Second was at my gym from a retired sports doctor. The doctor was working out next to me and commented on how he could tell that I've been growing. He said he's been watching me for the past year (don't know if that's good or bad ). He said he could tell that I've put on at least 20 pounds of muscle since. I thought, dude, he almost nailed the amount.

I'm almost at the two week mark, so I believe things should be really kicking in this point. Just need to do something about the appetite. Hopefully it kicks in as well.
    Last edited by Cuffs; 01-19-2005 at 12:45 AM.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.68%

sounds good so far bro, keep em coming.
  23. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.26%

Oh, I forgot to mention something. My son and I rough house a lot. Well, on Saturday he nailed me on one of my most recent application sites. Hurt like a bitch, but I didn't say anything. Later that day, I was watching football when he nailed me even harder...in the same place. I instantly became pissed, but held myself back, laughed it off, and told him "good one." Once he left the room, I wimpered like a little bitch. I couldn't lift my arm without severe in pain until Monday. Got a nice bruise going as well.

Ahhhh, fatherhood!
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.62%

Oh, I forgot to mention something. My son and I rough house a lot. Well, on Saturday he nailed me on one of my most recent application sites. Hurt like a bitch, but I didn't say anything. Later that day, I was watching football when he nailed me even harder...in the same place. I instantly became pissed, but held myself back, laughed it off, and told him "good one." Once he left the room, I wimpered like a little bitch. I couldn't lift my arm without severe in pain until Monday. Got a nice bruise going as well.

Ahhhh, fatherhood!
    Looking to see where this cycle takes you...and stop whinning!
  25. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.15%

You may reconsider trying to control the bloating this early. As long as blood pressure and gyno are not issues then this early bloating should be used to your advantage.

I think the doctor "friend" wants to help wash your backside.
  26. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.26%

Size, I was thinking the same thing. No signs of gyno at this time. Nips are hard most of the time, and...kinda feel good actually. I just don't want to be too bloated. I'll lay off the AI for now, and will only use it on an as needed basis.

Weight today was 224.5lbs. A pound less than the day before. However, this weight is probably more accurate as I had emptied myself big time from all the food I've been trying to cram down my throat hole. Some of my bloat was down as well.

One thing I did forget to mention in my earlier posts. I've been very tired/lethargic on my days off. I slept a good 12 hours two of the days, with a long 6 hour nap on Saturday.
  27. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.89%

Cuffs,

I noticed you said you appetite is supressed. By any chance are you drinking milk/dairy and feeling bloated so you don't feel hungry?

CROWLER
  28. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.26%

Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER
    Cuffs,

I noticed you said you appetite is supressed. By any chance are you drinking milk/dairy and feeling bloated so you don't feel hungry?
    Dairy products are being consumed very lightly. Pretty much only before I go to bed. I may have a shake with non-fat milk, or some non-fat milk with some natty pb. That's about it. When I wake up, I have no appetite. I force myself to eat, and I'm able to down whatever it is I have in front of me. I haven't noticed a bloated feeling that suppresses my appetite. The main bloat I've experienced is my usual, face and torso. It's just food in general isn't appealing, until I begin to eat, or get a craving.
  29. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.94%

25 pounds of keepable muscle is an unrealistic goal,counting water then it is real, but 25 pounds of LBM is very wishful. I wish you luck but I think you are aiming too high.
  30. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.26%

Quote Originally Posted by lozgod
    25 pounds of keepable muscle is an unrealistic goal,counting water then it is real, but 25 pounds of LBM is very wishful. I wish you luck but I think you are aiming too high.
    Well, I set a high goal, and a low goal. As long as I meet my low goal, I'll be satisfied. The high goal will just be considered icing on the cake. I know 25lbs. will be tough, but that's why I said 25lbs of mass. I'm giving myself approximately 4% of b/f gain, which will be in the area of 8-9 pounds. However, realistically I will probably gain more unwanted b/f. All depends on the diet and PCT. Also, keep in mind, this is my first bulker, and I am a semi-easy gainer. So, with the math, I think 16lbs of LBM is achievable. Unless my appetite doesn't begin to kick in.
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.68%

16lbs is doable. that diet is going to be the determining factor though.
  32. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.26%

01/24/05:

Things have really began to kick in at this point. Increases in strength and endurance are noticeable. I also actually appear to be dropping some b/f. Vascularity is becoming more noticeable as well, especially through my chest, shoulders, and legs. Diet has been okay, although I'm still not getting my target cals. I stopped using my AI and became very bloated. I had to break down and use it the other day. My weight on Saturday was 230.5lbs. After my AI, my weight today was still at 226.5. So, I dropped 4lbs of water weight. I'm using the AI at a low dose and sparingly. Libido is through the roof.
  33. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.15%

Nothing wrong with usnig the AI if it is needed.
  34. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.14%

Quote Originally Posted by size
    Nothing wrong with usnig the AI if it is needed.
    AI = A-dex?

Can this stuff be gotten on the web or is it controlled?
  35. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.75%

AI = aromatase inhibitor and yes a-dex is an example of that (anastrozole) check out ibenutrition.com
  36. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.42%

Hey Cuffs

Hey man, how is the training coming? It looks like you are having a good time with this cycle, so it is making for a great read. How clean should I say, or how often do you allow yourself a cheat meal? My app right now is like a freight train, should I allow myself one or two bowls of vanilla ice cream everynight??
    My The 1 LOG: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254164-my-one-log.html
  37. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.26%

01/26/05:
    Weight today was at 229.5lbs. Up 9.5lbs for these first three weeks. Although, I am a bit bloated again today. Like I said before, I'm only using the AI sparingly. I have had no gyno related issues thus far ***knock on wood***.

Yesterday was legs and shoulders. So far my best workout this cycle. Strength was up in every lift, and stamina was great. I was drenched from head to toe. Today was supposed to be cardio and abs, however, I listened to my body and took it off to sleep and recoup.

Appetite is still about the same, but I've been forcing the food down to get my cals. My diet hasn't been the cleanest. I do allow myself the double Whopper or Double-Double from In-n-Out to get my calories up. I have found it is very tough to consume the cals needed for a bulker, while trying to eat clean. Kuddos to those who make it work. I have always found it easier to consume maintenance or cutting calories. I'm going to shift my diet around a bit this week.

Motiv8er...I have always allowed myself at least one good cheat meal per week. During this cycle, I'm allowing myself a bit more. I see no problem having the occasional ice cream, or goodie. Helps keep one sane. There are some non-fat ice creams sweetened with Splenda that are a good treat also.
  38. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.75%

i also find it VERY hard to consume enough cals during bulking, but try adding a few tablespoons of olive oil throughout the day ... 120 cals per pop and its good fat ... better than a double whopper lol
  39. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.26%

Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    i also find it VERY hard to consume enough cals during bulking, but try adding a few tablespoons of olive oil throughout the day ... 120 cals per pop and its good fat ... better than a double whopper lol
    I don't know why I didn't even consider that. I had been trying to eat avocados for cals and fat, but the oil would be easier. Thanks for the suggestion.
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.68%

01/26/05:
    I do allow myself the double Whopper or Double-Double from In-n-Out to get my calories up.
    i miss double-double's

Similar Forum Threads

1. Need help for my first true cycle
    By dannyhefc in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-31-2012, 02:10 PM
  2. Need help for my first true cycle
    By dannyhefc in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-31-2012, 08:40 AM
  3. First true cut, does this look ok?
    By njt11 in forum Weight Loss