Self-Identified Rookie asking Rookie Question

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Self-Identified Rookie asking Rookie Question

I am a 43-year-old recently retired Infantryman. I ruptured a bicep in 2009 and detached an achilles tendon in 2010. Those injuries resulted in some additional bodyfat and a low-T diagnosis (312) was identified as the reason all the cardio and diet are not getting rid of the extra pounds. I am back in the gym and training. Doc put me on 200 weekly of Test-C with 400IU of HCG and Aridimex. I am contemplating supplementing this after my 10-week blood test to adjust my prescriptions. I definitely desire to drop the 15 pounds of fat I now carry and continue to add bulk. I am 5-10, 220 lbs, approximately 15% bf, and have stopped overtraining and beefed up the cardio. Any recommendations for a genuine rookie are appreciated. I am contemplating adding Test-C to 400 per week and increasing the Aridimex for a baseline; however, some of the cutting products like Winstrol have an appeal too. I just have no experience and am reaching out to all of you experienced and knowledgable folks. Thanks.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

I would would keep the adex at 1mg/day. Watch your diet and just keep at it with the lifting and cardio the best you can tolerate without hurting yourself again. Youll cut down plenty w/ just the test. You dont need the winni but if you were to use it i would save it till right before summertime to give you that little extra cut and dryness for when your gonna be without a shirt. Also be careful and dont run the winni for too long as it is harsh on your liver and can also eff up your joints pretty bad, especially since you already have a history of injuries in the past.

Thanks for your service! your a good man!
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.

1mg adex every day is a bit much for what he does.
    Adex dosage is dependent on the estrogen level. Ideally, estrogen should hang around 20-25. Everyone is different but I'd start at .5 2x a week and adjust from there.
    I agree with winny being bad for liver and joints. Unless you compete dont bother with it.
    Test at 200 or 400 with the protocol you have described is all you need as far as anabolics go.
    Diet, I'd stick with low carb/high protein/med fats. Along with cardio 3-5x a week and lifting 3x a week should be a good start.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

your right....1mg is a bit much...i just assumed thats prolly what he had on hand and what the doctor prescribed. That should obviously be your first plan of action...if you start to get estrogen related side effects when you boost your dosage up to 400 mg/week then you can adjust from there.

I also tend to jump the gun on AIs cause im suuuper prone to E related sides. I almost have to use (and feel the most confident with) letro.
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Thanks for the replies. I will follow up with the E levels and results when I get them back. I have had soldiers who worked for me in the past who were beasts. I spoke to a couple of them, but their cycles were way too aggressive for where I am right now. I have learned that disc golf requires technique and not muscle (bicep tear), and 210 pound guys are not marathon runners (achilles). I have been on a high protein-low carb-low fat clean meal plan for almost two years. Everything else is responding well except for that ever-threatening muffin top. I am certainly on board with the 400mg per week with increased AIs. After 21 years of physical training for the Army, it is nice to finally be doing this for me and have the ability to reach out to knowledgable folks for guidance. I am fairly well versed in kicking in doors overseas, but I am not at all capable of planning a cycle yet. Thanks again. Tests in three weeks.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

Re: Self-Identified Rookie asking Rookie Question

Quote Originally Posted by GettingBack43 View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I will follow up with the E levels and results when I get them back. I have had soldiers who worked for me in the past who were beasts. I spoke to a couple of them, but their cycles were way too aggressive for where I am right now. I have learned that disc golf requires technique and not muscle (bicep tear), and 210 pound guys are not marathon runners (achilles). I have been on a high protein-low carb-low fat clean meal plan for almost two years. Everything else is responding well except for that ever-threatening muffin top. I am certainly on board with the 400mg per week with increased AIs. After 21 years of physical training for the Army, it is nice to finally be doing this for me and have the ability to reach out to knowledgable folks for guidance. I am fairly well versed in kicking in doors overseas, but I am not at all capable of planning a cycle yet. Thanks again. Tests in three weeks.
    Hooooooah!!!!

Careful with the bumping of the test brother. You go from 200-400 without your doc knowing and don't normalize your levels prior to your next blood draw insurance could very well refuse to pay for your treatments due to levels being too high OR the doc may dial back your prescription. Make sure your last 400 blast is about a week away from your blood draw to check your levels.

- Valdez
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. First self-inject today of TRT...question
    By lboston in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-06-2011, 12:18 PM
  2. Want to ask a question about injectables.
    By CROWLER in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-04-2011, 12:18 PM
  3. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-03-2007, 07:13 PM
  4. Rarely asked IGF questions
    By heavyperformer in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-04-2004, 02:32 PM
  5. I don't really know where to ask this question?
    By conversekidz in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-15-2004, 03:58 AM