Spiking the Cider: An Alpha Mass log

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. Registered User

Keep it up man, interested in ur results. Planning to run this soon as well.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by srgraham69 View Post
    Keep it up man, interested in ur results. Planning to run this soon as well.
    Thanks; I'm hoping for pretty significant results in terms of mass gains. What dose are you planning on running it at and for how long?
  3. Registered User

Was thinking 6/6/8/8/10/10/12/12 with alpha bulk 6 ed and 5 alpha test at 3ed
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by srgraham69 View Post
    Was thinking 6/6/8/8/10/10/12/12 with alpha bulk 6 ed and 5 alpha test at 3ed
    You'll probably see great gains running it at such a high dose for that long and with Alpha Bulk being stacked as well. Good luck!
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.

To provide an update for this week's workouts (so far), I trained back/biceps on Monday and chest/triceps/shoulders earlier today with the same exercises described for previous sessions. Strength is holding steady so far, which is to be expected; most previous 1-DHEA users have stated that strength/mass gains become more substantial during the third week of the cycle and beyond. For what it's worth, though, I started the cycle at 162 lbs. and weighed-in today at the gym at 164.2 pounds, and I definitely think I'm starting to get more of a "hard" look (as if my muscles have sharper "edges" to them, if that makes any sense), so I could very well have already gained a pound or two.

This Friday will mark the end of my first two weeks on Alpha Mass. I'm happy to say that the BP/HR spike that was occurring after each dosing during the first 1 - 1.5 weeks is now no longer apparent. Sometimes I feel lethargic and generally tired about 45 minutes to an hour after taking AM, but it seems to wear-off just as fast. Other than that, there are literally no side effects that I can report (unless AM is secretly tri-methylated and I'm really tearing up my insides and I just don't know it... just kidding, of course, LOL). My scalp has been itching in the back a few times a day, but the weather is also really dry here now, so it's probably from that.

I have a feeling that the proceeding week is going to bring a few surprises (the good kind)...
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Nothing but good news! Keep at it!
    My parents created my body, in which I create my mind. I will honor them, by developing both to their utmost potential.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by rambofireball View Post
    Nothing but good news! Keep at it!
    Thanks! I've also been following along on your 5-AT log. So far, it sounds like it's a great agent to assist with leaning out.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.

Looks good man. Are you not if much in regards to strength increases yet?
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by SpicedCider View Post
    Thanks! I've also been following along on your 5-AT log. So far, it sounds like it's a great agent to assist with leaning out.
    Yeah I'd guess it's a big factor in my success is dropping calories pretty low for fat loss without losing strength. We'll see how the rest of the run goes, good luck with yours!
    My parents created my body, in which I create my mind. I will honor them, by developing both to their utmost potential.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by lboston View Post
    Looks good man. Are you not if much in regards to strength increases yet?
    I don't think so, but I'm not sure. Last week my "max" weight on incline and flat BP felt easier to do for 10-12 reps, but that could've just been due to natural progression (I.e., I could have experienced it even if I hadn't been taking the AM).
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by rambofireball View Post
    Yeah I'd guess it's a big factor in my success is dropping calories pretty low for fat loss without losing strength. We'll see how the rest of the run goes, good luck with yours!
    Thanks, you too
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.

Sorry for not updating for a few days; I've had several assignments to complete and tests to study for, so I was a bit busier this past weekend. On Saturday I worked back/biceps and yesterday I trained chest/triceps/shoulders; I'll be training back/arms tomorrow. So far, weight amounts on all exercises have held steady from last week, but when I stepped on the scale yesterday, I was up to 165.4. Again, I'm not sure if it's still too early to start gaining muscle mass from AM (this Friday will mark my third week "on" it), but it's good news either way. I'm eager to step on the scale at the gym tomorrow and see if that number has held.

I'm also not sure if it's too early to start noticing any hairloss, but every day for the last few days, I have noticed that after drying my hair off with a towel, there are usually 3-5 hairs (maybe more?) in the towel. The back of my head has also been itching, but that could be from the weather here being dry lately. However, before I went to sleep last night, I scratched the back of my head for a few seconds, looked at the pillow, and saw that that there were 4-5 hairs on it. Of course, I have never been OCD about monitoring for hairloss before, so I have no idea if these hairs are ones that would've fallen out anyways.

For anyone who knows, doesn't it usually take 4 weeks for hair to fall out of hair follicles that have been damaged by DHT?
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by SpicedCider
    Sorry for not updating for a few days; I've had several assignments to complete and tests to study for, so I was a bit busier this past weekend. On Saturday I worked back/biceps and yesterday I trained chest/triceps/shoulders; I'll be training back/arms tomorrow. So far, weight amounts on all exercises have held steady from last week, but when I stepped on the scale yesterday, I was up to 165.4. Again, I'm not sure if it's still too early to start gaining muscle mass from AM (this Friday will mark my third week "on" it), but it's good news either way. I'm eager to step on the scale at the gym tomorrow and see if that number has held.

I'm also not sure if it's too early to start noticing any hairloss, but every day for the last few days, I have noticed that after drying my hair off with a towel, there are usually 3-5 hairs (maybe more?) in the towel. The back of my head has also been itching, but that could be from the weather here being dry lately. However, before I went to sleep last night, I scratched the back of my head for a few seconds, looked at the pillow, and saw that that there were 4-5 hairs on it. Of course, I have never been OCD about monitoring for hairloss before, so I have no idea if these hairs are ones that would've fallen out anyways.

For anyone who knows, doesn't it usually take 4 weeks for hair to fall out of hair follicles that have been damaged by DHT?
    It typically does fake some time, yes. The follicles have to be damaged, then eventually fall out. I'd pick up some shampoo targeted for male androgenic hair loss to be safe.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.

It's definitely time for an update. You guys might recall that the other week, I stated something about being able to do only one full set of 10-12 reps with my "max" weight on incline bench press. Well, as of my last chest workout which was on Friday, not only is that amount of weight no longer my "max," but it actually ended up being the default amount of weight I felt comfortable lifting. I initially did two sets of 10 lbs. less weight to begin with, then added 10 lbs. to both sides and was surprised at how easy the 12 reps felt. So I figured I'd try to do another set and all 12 reps felt great. Since I've been doing 5 sets of incline BPing for the last couple of months anyways, I decided to see if I could do my last set with that same amount of weight (normally, I have to drop the weight at this point due to just being exhausted), and I was able to bang out 10 relatively easy reps.

So having said that, I think it's apparent that the AM has "kicked-in." The BP spike issues haven't occurred in probably two weeks (or if they have, I haven't been able to detect them as I could before) and I don't even know if I'm experiencing any issues with lethargy since I tend to feel kind of tired during the week anyways due to being up late studying and not getting enough sleep (sometimes). I was also up 5 pounds earlier today during my back workout on an exercise that I seem to have plateaued on for about a month now (underhanded Hammer Strength pulldowns).

After this Friday, I will be increasing my dosing to 9 caps/day. I have a feeling the fun is REALLY about to begin...
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.

I just upped mine to 8 per day.
    Expect problems and eat them for breakfast like a CHAMP!http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253163-halfhuman-takes-mdx.html#post4571200
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by halfhuman View Post
    I just upped mine to 8 per day.
    Good to hear. How is it going for you so far? Noticing any strength/mass increases yet?
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.

Good to hear. How is it going for you so far? Noticing any strength/mass increases yet?
    Strength not so much. Mass is def noticeable. In two weeks I gained 4lbs.
    I want to see how 8 caps differ from 6.
    Expect problems and eat them for breakfast like a CHAMP!http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253163-halfhuman-takes-mdx.html#post4571200
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.

Strength on various exercises has held steady over the past week, although the workouts I had over the last few days were crappier than usual since I hadn't gotten as much sleep the nights before due to having to study for back-to-back tests. However, I'm happy to announce that today is the first day that I will be taking 8 caps of AM instead of my usual 6 (I think I mentioned previously that I would be increasing to 9, but that won't be until the 7th week).

Since Friday marks the end of my fourth week of taking AM and I've heard that DHEA products really "kick-in" after about the fourth week, I think I'm really going to make some significant progress over the next few weeks. I am already noticing a visible improvement in my upper chest and arms, so let's bring on 8 caps/day...
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.

BTW, what are you other guys who are logging AM going to use for PCT? Would FRL's Reboot be enough? I figured it would be since 1-DHEA is supposed to be mild anyways and I'm not taking any other PH's, but I just wanted to be sure.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.

BTW, what are you other guys who are logging AM going to use for PCT? Would FRL's Reboot be enough? I figured it would be since 1-DHEA is supposed to be mild anyways and I'm not taking any other PH's, but I just wanted to be sure.
    I'm on TRT, so the pct isn't something ill be doing. I've heard and read that the reboot product should be sufficient.

HOWEVER-I wouldn't recommend doing any PCT where you're not using a SERM. You can get Clomid very cheap--Probably cheaper than you paid for the alpha mass.

A cycle isn't worth potentially damaging your endocrine system; no matter how mild it is said to be. Always better safe than sorry.

Ideally, you woulda had pct though through prior to starting, but some things we have to adjust for. I'm no professional on these issues by any means, but I've read enough to know a SERM would be in your best interest.
  21. Registered User

I agree with Boston, serm + reboot would have everything covered for ya. You may be fine with just reboot, but that is always putting yourself at risk.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.

Thanks for the input. I figured Reboot by itself would be sufficient, but I guess I'll look into Clomid just to play it safe.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.

So about halfway during my workout earlier today (chest/triceps/shoulders), I decided to step on the scale, which weighed me at 166.2 lbs. This is a gain of about 4 pounds (I started the cycle at 162) in 4.5 weeks. Could it be muscle? Fat? Deeply impacted fecal matter? I have no idea, but if my image in the mirror is any indication, I've made more progress in the last month than I have in 4-5 years of trying to workout with two torn labrums. Weight amounts have held steady from the previous week, except my previous "max" amount of weight on the cable bench press felt MUCH easier today (so I added 5 pounds).

Unfortunately, I'm becoming more and more suspicious that AM is causing me to shed hair for the first time in my life. When I was washing my hair earlier today, I looked at the shampoo lather in my hands and noticed two or three hairs in it. Then when I was drying my hair with a towel a few minutes later, I looked down at the towel and noticed probably 7 or 8 hairs in it. However, since I have never "inspected" my towels like that before I started my AM cycle, I'm not sure if I have always lost that many hairs when drying my hair off or if it's a side effect of the AM.

Would someone with more cycling experience who also happens to be susceptible to hairloss mind chiming in and telling me if it sounds like I'm actually experiencing shedding from this? How much hair do guys typically lose when they're definitely "shedding?"

If I am, in fact, losing my hair from taking AM, I'll be mad not about the fact that the PH is causing me to lose hair, but about the long-term implication, which is that I will lose my hair at some point in my life. I know it sounds like a dumb thing to worry about, but I have always had really nice-looking, thick, shiny hair, and I honestly don't think my face would look normal without it. I'm not one of those guys who can shave his head and look like he's naturally always been bald. I NEED HAIR. I guess Propecia is in my future.

(or maybe not? fingers crossed...)
  24. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor

So about halfway during my workout earlier today (chest/triceps/shoulders), I decided to step on the scale, which weighed me at 166.2 lbs. This is a gain of about 4 pounds (I started the cycle at 162) in 4.5 weeks. Could it be muscle? Fat? Deeply impacted fecal matter? I have no idea, but if my image in the mirror is any indication, I've made more progress in the last month than I have in 4-5 years of trying to workout with two torn labrums. Weight amounts have held steady from the previous week, except my previous "max" amount of weight on the cable bench press felt MUCH easier today (so I added 5 pounds).

Unfortunately, I'm becoming more and more suspicious that AM is causing me to shed hair for the first time in my life. When I was washing my hair earlier today, I looked at the shampoo lather in my hands and noticed two or three hairs in it. Then when I was drying my hair with a towel a few minutes later, I looked down at the towel and noticed probably 7 or 8 hairs in it. However, since I have never "inspected" my towels like that before I started my AM cycle, I'm not sure if I have always lost that many hairs when drying my hair off or if it's a side effect of the AM.

Would someone with more cycling experience who also happens to be susceptible to hairloss mind chiming in and telling me if it sounds like I'm actually experiencing shedding from this? How much hair do guys typically lose when they're definitely "shedding?"

If I am, in fact, losing my hair from taking AM, I'll be mad not about the fact that the PH is causing me to lose hair, but about the long-term implication, which is that I will lose my hair at some point in my life. I know it sounds like a dumb thing to worry about, but I have always had really nice-looking, thick, shiny hair, and I honestly don't think my face would look normal without it. I'm not one of those guys who can shave his head and look like he's naturally always been bald. I NEED HAIR. I guess Propecia is in my future.

(or maybe not? fingers crossed...)

I hear about hair loss a lot this time of year, and I suspect that it is more often due to the dry air that creeps into many parts of the country during these colder months. A dry scalp is far more susceptible to hair shedding than a healthy scalp. I always tell people to first consider that, and if you the air in your home is dry, to pick up a humidifier. A good sign that your air is dry is your clothes are more collecting more static.

Having said all that I too have noticed some hair loss from 1-DHEA products. But most people do not. You can do one of a few things.

-Lower the dose and see if it improves
    -Start minoxidil treatments (you will need to use this for life)
    -Determine if any other life changes are playing a role (less sleep, diet change, med change, etc)
    -Evaluate your shampoo. Buy one with ketoconazole. My favorite is this one (kinda expensive though): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o01_s00_i00
    -Finally you can always stop the cycle.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    I hear about hair loss a lot this time of year, and I suspect that it is more often due to the dry air that creeps into many parts of the country during these colder months. A dry scalp is far more susceptible to hair shedding than a healthy scalp. I always tell people to first consider that, and if you the air in your home is dry, to pick up a humidifier. A good sign that your air is dry is your clothes are more collecting more static.

Having said all that I too have noticed some hair loss from 1-DHEA products. But most people do not. You can do one of a few things.

-Lower the dose and see if it improves
    -Start minoxidil treatments (you will need to use this for life)
    -Determine if any other life changes are playing a role (less sleep, diet change, med change, etc)
    -Evaluate your shampoo. Buy one with ketoconazole. My favorite is this one (kinda expensive though): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o01_s00_i00
    -Finally you can always stop the cycle.
    Thanks for the tips. I am definitely NOT planning to stop the cycle -- other than the possible shedding and occasional lethargy, I have nothing but praise for the effects of Alpha Mass. There are practically no "real" side effects associated with AM as far as I can tell. I have also considered the fact that the air in the southeast has become much drier over the last few weeks, which has definitely made my scalp itchier. Also, I'm still not even sure if I'm actually shedding at all since I never bothered to look for it before. I guess I'm just paranoid! LOL.

I definitely don't want to make it sound like I have nothing to do but complain because, other than my probably irrational paranoia regarding a few hairs being lost here and there, the last few weeks have been the best "gym weeks" I have experienced. I've also gotten into the habit of looking forward to making visually noticeable improvements on a week-by-week basis. When everything is said and done, I hope to have some impressive "after" photos to compare to my befores.

I think the fact that I can be so concerned about hair loss and no other side effects is because there really are none to deal with. There's nothing else to notice but progress.
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.

Yesterday I did my back workout and finally broke through my "plateau" on lat pulldowns (which had been largely attributed to me having torn labrums). I am definitely looking more muscular and defined in the mirror and not as soft and jiggly (I don't know how else to put it!). My running shirts (which I wear to the gym since I usually workout after running) are fitting much tighter, especially in the chest and upper-back regions. I wish my shoulders weren't injured; I would probably be making much more rapid and substantial strength gains if they were uninjured.

I'm looking forward to having my chest/triceps/shoulder workout tomorrow, so I'll be posting another update tomorrow night with the results of a new weigh-in as well.

BTW, regarding PCT, how long following the conclusion of your cycles are you going to wait before starting it? I have heard it depends on the hormone, so I just wanted to get some input.
  27. Registered User

Pct should start immediately, Jump right into serm. Some people actually start their test booster a bit before cycle ends, and some start the ai if used 2 weeks after cycle to help prevent estrogen rebound. If you are doing serm and reboot I would start the next day after last pill of u cycle.
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.

Thanks. Can estrogen rebound occur with 1-DHEA? I read that it can't aromatize, so I wasn't sure...
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.

BTW, I have done some more research, and it seems like most people have been fine using just Reboot/Arom-x for PCT even after using multiple AMS/FRL hormones (I.e., 1-DHEA, 4-DHEA, and 19-nor-DHEA all in the same cycle). Since I'm just using one of those compounds (1-DHEA), it seems like Reboot would definitely be enough. Is there any way to tell if I could be one of the few who definitely needs to use a SERM?
  30. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor

BTW, I have done some more research, and it seems like most people have been fine using just Reboot/Arom-x for PCT even after using multiple AMS/FRL hormones (I.e., 1-DHEA, 4-DHEA, and 19-nor-DHEA all in the same cycle). Since I'm just using one of those compounds (1-DHEA), it seems like Reboot would definitely be enough. Is there any way to tell if I could be one of the few who definitely needs to use a SERM?
    There is really no way to tell unfortunately. But the longer it takes to recover the more likely you are to lose some gains.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. AndrewNico's Bulking Alpha Mass Log (Not Sponsored)
    By AndrewNico in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-06-2012, 07:32 PM
  2. Alpha Mass Log
    By fightbackhxc in forum Forerunner Labs
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-20-2012, 02:13 PM
  3. Jaydee packs on the mass with FRL ALPHA MASS!!!
    By JayDee6 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 245
    Last Post: 12-18-2011, 01:24 PM
  4. Becoming an Alpha male: Mr. Incog's pure Alpha One log
    By mrinc0gnit0 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-15-2010, 02:01 AM
  5. Replies: 236
    Last Post: 10-03-2007, 08:42 PM