Spiking the Cider: An Alpha Mass log

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. I see you really liking alpha mass. Solid log so far. Keep it up bruh
    Black Lion Representative
    I'm a Brooklyn boy I may take some gettin' use to

2. Quote Originally Posted by halfhuman View Post
    I see you really liking alpha mass. Solid log so far. Keep it up bruh
    Thanks.

Well, earlier this morning, I dried my hair off with a towel (actually a thin shirt) and looked down at it afterwards and noticed that there were probably 6-7 hairs on it. Does anyone know if it is too early to start noticing hairloss at just 6 days in on a cycle? Can hair start falling out that early on a cycle of anything?

I'm thinking that it's just hair that would've normally fallen out (since people naturally lose 100-150 hairs/day), but I just wanted to be sure...
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by SpicedCider

Thanks.

Well, earlier this morning, I dried my hair off with a towel (actually a thin shirt) and looked down at it afterwards and noticed that there were probably 6-7 hairs on it. Does anyone know if it is too early to start noticing hairloss at just 6 days in on a cycle? Can hair start falling out that early on a cycle of anything?

I'm thinking that it's just hair that would've normally fallen out (since people naturally lose 100-150 hairs/day), but I just wanted to be sure...
    Not sure if would impact that quick. I'd think it'd take some time, but I'm hardly an expert. Are you noticing any acne on chest, shoulders, or back. That and hair loss are often signs of High DHT conversion.

If you're worried, I'd look into either Nizoral or Regenapure shampoo.

Also. Check out the hair loss sticky.

4. Quote Originally Posted by lboston View Post
    Not sure if would impact that quick. I'd think it'd take some time, but I'm hardly an expert. Are you noticing any acne on chest, shoulders, or back. That and hair loss are often signs of High DHT conversion.

If you're worried, I'd look into either Nizoral or Regenapure shampoo.

Also. Check out the hair loss sticky.
    I do have a few back/shoulder zits here and there, but I don't think I have any more than I usually do. From what I have read, 1-testosterone (which is what 1-DHEA converts to) doesn't convert to DHT, although it can still bind to androgen receptors in the scalp because it has a similar-enough structure to DHT to do so.

I've heard, however, that it typically takes 4-6 weeks for the hair strands in follicles damaged by androgens to fall out, so it probably is too early to notice shedding from AM.

5. So today marks the end of my first week of my Alpha Mass cycle. I trained chest [(incline bench press (5 sets), flat bench press (5 sets), cable chest press (2 sets), Hammer Strength Iso-Wide plate-loaded chest press (3 sets), and incline flyes (3 sets)], triceps [rope pushdowns (4 sets), plate-loaded dips (4 sets), and the Hammer Strength isolated extension machine (3 sets)] today. For shoulders, I did 4 sets and then 4 sets of 2 different physical therapy exercise for the labrum/rotator cuffs, lateral/front raises (5 sets), and the Hammer Strength shoulder press machine (stupid torn labrum). I was actually up 10 lbs. on the shoulder press for a full 10-rep set and was able to do a full 11-rep. set on the incline BP at 5 lbs. heavier than what my max. was last week. I'm not sure if it's still too early for the AM to have kicked-in yet, though.

So far, the only side effects I'm experiencing are still the BP increases and lethargy here and there.
    •   

6. Keep it up man, interested in ur results. Planning to run this soon as well.

7. Quote Originally Posted by srgraham69 View Post
    Keep it up man, interested in ur results. Planning to run this soon as well.
    Thanks; I'm hoping for pretty significant results in terms of mass gains. What dose are you planning on running it at and for how long?

8. Was thinking 6/6/8/8/10/10/12/12 with alpha bulk 6 ed and 5 alpha test at 3ed

9. Quote Originally Posted by srgraham69 View Post
    Was thinking 6/6/8/8/10/10/12/12 with alpha bulk 6 ed and 5 alpha test at 3ed
    You'll probably see great gains running it at such a high dose for that long and with Alpha Bulk being stacked as well. Good luck!

10. To provide an update for this week's workouts (so far), I trained back/biceps on Monday and chest/triceps/shoulders earlier today with the same exercises described for previous sessions. Strength is holding steady so far, which is to be expected; most previous 1-DHEA users have stated that strength/mass gains become more substantial during the third week of the cycle and beyond. For what it's worth, though, I started the cycle at 162 lbs. and weighed-in today at the gym at 164.2 pounds, and I definitely think I'm starting to get more of a "hard" look (as if my muscles have sharper "edges" to them, if that makes any sense), so I could very well have already gained a pound or two.

This Friday will mark the end of my first two weeks on Alpha Mass. I'm happy to say that the BP/HR spike that was occurring after each dosing during the first 1 - 1.5 weeks is now no longer apparent. Sometimes I feel lethargic and generally tired about 45 minutes to an hour after taking AM, but it seems to wear-off just as fast. Other than that, there are literally no side effects that I can report (unless AM is secretly tri-methylated and I'm really tearing up my insides and I just don't know it... just kidding, of course, LOL). My scalp has been itching in the back a few times a day, but the weather is also really dry here now, so it's probably from that.

I have a feeling that the proceeding week is going to bring a few surprises (the good kind)...

11. Nothing but good news! Keep at it!
    My parents created my body, in which I create my mind. I will honor them, by developing both to their utmost potential.

12. Quote Originally Posted by rambofireball View Post
    Nothing but good news! Keep at it!
    Thanks! I've also been following along on your 5-AT log. So far, it sounds like it's a great agent to assist with leaning out.

13. Looks good man. Are you not if much in regards to strength increases yet?

14. Quote Originally Posted by SpicedCider View Post
    Thanks! I've also been following along on your 5-AT log. So far, it sounds like it's a great agent to assist with leaning out.
    Yeah I'd guess it's a big factor in my success is dropping calories pretty low for fat loss without losing strength. We'll see how the rest of the run goes, good luck with yours!
    My parents created my body, in which I create my mind. I will honor them, by developing both to their utmost potential.

15. Quote Originally Posted by lboston View Post
    Looks good man. Are you not if much in regards to strength increases yet?
    I don't think so, but I'm not sure. Last week my "max" weight on incline and flat BP felt easier to do for 10-12 reps, but that could've just been due to natural progression (I.e., I could have experienced it even if I hadn't been taking the AM).

16. Quote Originally Posted by rambofireball View Post
    Yeah I'd guess it's a big factor in my success is dropping calories pretty low for fat loss without losing strength. We'll see how the rest of the run goes, good luck with yours!
    Thanks, you too

17. Sorry for not updating for a few days; I've had several assignments to complete and tests to study for, so I was a bit busier this past weekend. On Saturday I worked back/biceps and yesterday I trained chest/triceps/shoulders; I'll be training back/arms tomorrow. So far, weight amounts on all exercises have held steady from last week, but when I stepped on the scale yesterday, I was up to 165.4. Again, I'm not sure if it's still too early to start gaining muscle mass from AM (this Friday will mark my third week "on" it), but it's good news either way. I'm eager to step on the scale at the gym tomorrow and see if that number has held.

I'm also not sure if it's too early to start noticing any hairloss, but every day for the last few days, I have noticed that after drying my hair off with a towel, there are usually 3-5 hairs (maybe more?) in the towel. The back of my head has also been itching, but that could be from the weather here being dry lately. However, before I went to sleep last night, I scratched the back of my head for a few seconds, looked at the pillow, and saw that that there were 4-5 hairs on it. Of course, I have never been OCD about monitoring for hairloss before, so I have no idea if these hairs are ones that would've fallen out anyways.

For anyone who knows, doesn't it usually take 4 weeks for hair to fall out of hair follicles that have been damaged by DHT?

18. Quote Originally Posted by SpicedCider
    Sorry for not updating for a few days; I've had several assignments to complete and tests to study for, so I was a bit busier this past weekend. On Saturday I worked back/biceps and yesterday I trained chest/triceps/shoulders; I'll be training back/arms tomorrow. So far, weight amounts on all exercises have held steady from last week, but when I stepped on the scale yesterday, I was up to 165.4. Again, I'm not sure if it's still too early to start gaining muscle mass from AM (this Friday will mark my third week "on" it), but it's good news either way. I'm eager to step on the scale at the gym tomorrow and see if that number has held.

I'm also not sure if it's too early to start noticing any hairloss, but every day for the last few days, I have noticed that after drying my hair off with a towel, there are usually 3-5 hairs (maybe more?) in the towel. The back of my head has also been itching, but that could be from the weather here being dry lately. However, before I went to sleep last night, I scratched the back of my head for a few seconds, looked at the pillow, and saw that that there were 4-5 hairs on it. Of course, I have never been OCD about monitoring for hairloss before, so I have no idea if these hairs are ones that would've fallen out anyways.

For anyone who knows, doesn't it usually take 4 weeks for hair to fall out of hair follicles that have been damaged by DHT?
    It typically does fake some time, yes. The follicles have to be damaged, then eventually fall out. I'd pick up some shampoo targeted for male androgenic hair loss to be safe.

19. It's definitely time for an update. You guys might recall that the other week, I stated something about being able to do only one full set of 10-12 reps with my "max" weight on incline bench press. Well, as of my last chest workout which was on Friday, not only is that amount of weight no longer my "max," but it actually ended up being the default amount of weight I felt comfortable lifting. I initially did two sets of 10 lbs. less weight to begin with, then added 10 lbs. to both sides and was surprised at how easy the 12 reps felt. So I figured I'd try to do another set and all 12 reps felt great. Since I've been doing 5 sets of incline BPing for the last couple of months anyways, I decided to see if I could do my last set with that same amount of weight (normally, I have to drop the weight at this point due to just being exhausted), and I was able to bang out 10 relatively easy reps.

So having said that, I think it's apparent that the AM has "kicked-in." The BP spike issues haven't occurred in probably two weeks (or if they have, I haven't been able to detect them as I could before) and I don't even know if I'm experiencing any issues with lethargy since I tend to feel kind of tired during the week anyways due to being up late studying and not getting enough sleep (sometimes). I was also up 5 pounds earlier today during my back workout on an exercise that I seem to have plateaued on for about a month now (underhanded Hammer Strength pulldowns).

After this Friday, I will be increasing my dosing to 9 caps/day. I have a feeling the fun is REALLY about to begin...

20. I just upped mine to 8 per day.

21. Quote Originally Posted by halfhuman View Post
    I just upped mine to 8 per day.
    Good to hear. How is it going for you so far? Noticing any strength/mass increases yet?

22. Quote Originally Posted by SpicedCider

Good to hear. How is it going for you so far? Noticing any strength/mass increases yet?
    Strength not so much. Mass is def noticeable. In two weeks I gained 4lbs.
    I want to see how 8 caps differ from 6.

23. Strength on various exercises has held steady over the past week, although the workouts I had over the last few days were crappier than usual since I hadn't gotten as much sleep the nights before due to having to study for back-to-back tests. However, I'm happy to announce that today is the first day that I will be taking 8 caps of AM instead of my usual 6 (I think I mentioned previously that I would be increasing to 9, but that won't be until the 7th week).

Since Friday marks the end of my fourth week of taking AM and I've heard that DHEA products really "kick-in" after about the fourth week, I think I'm really going to make some significant progress over the next few weeks. I am already noticing a visible improvement in my upper chest and arms, so let's bring on 8 caps/day...

24. BTW, what are you other guys who are logging AM going to use for PCT? Would FRL's Reboot be enough? I figured it would be since 1-DHEA is supposed to be mild anyways and I'm not taking any other PH's, but I just wanted to be sure.

25. Quote Originally Posted by SpicedCider
    BTW, what are you other guys who are logging AM going to use for PCT? Would FRL's Reboot be enough? I figured it would be since 1-DHEA is supposed to be mild anyways and I'm not taking any other PH's, but I just wanted to be sure.
    I'm on TRT, so the pct isn't something ill be doing. I've heard and read that the reboot product should be sufficient.

HOWEVER-I wouldn't recommend doing any PCT where you're not using a SERM. You can get Clomid very cheap--Probably cheaper than you paid for the alpha mass.

A cycle isn't worth potentially damaging your endocrine system; no matter how mild it is said to be. Always better safe than sorry.

Ideally, you woulda had pct though through prior to starting, but some things we have to adjust for. I'm no professional on these issues by any means, but I've read enough to know a SERM would be in your best interest.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. AndrewNico's Bulking Alpha Mass Log (Not Sponsored)
    By AndrewNico in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-06-2012, 08:32 PM
  2. Jaydee packs on the mass with FRL ALPHA MASS!!!
    By JayDee6 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 245
    Last Post: 12-18-2011, 02:24 PM
  3. Becoming an Alpha male: Mr. Incog's pure Alpha One log
    By mrinc0gnit0 in forum Cycle Logs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-15-2010, 03:01 AM
  4. Replies: 236
    Last Post: 10-03-2007, 09:42 PM