IndyMike's 6 Week H-Drol/P-Stanz Log

IndyMike

Awards
I'm getting ready to start my 2nd cycle this Sunday and wanted to log it so that I'm sure I'm doing everything right and just to track my progress.

Stats:
Weight: Starting - 205
Height: 5'11"
BF%: 14-15%

Currently pre-loading cycle assist and milk thistle until Sunday when I start the following cycle for 6 weeks.

H-Drol: 100/100/100/100/100/100
P-Stanz: 200/200/200/200/200/200
Slin Sane: 3 caps a day, one before each of my more carb heavy meals

I will also obviously be taking cycle assist, milk thistle, taurine, fish oil, flaxseed oil, multi, glucosamine, and garlic pills.

Diet will be clean and around 2800 calories, 65g of fat, 210g of carbs, 345g of protein. The main goal of this cycle is to keep weight around the same, but lose 3-4% BF and gain strength in my lifts especially bench since I no longer squat or deadlift because of my back.

PCT:

Nolva 40/20/20/10/0/0
Cycle Assist
Milk Thistle
Slin Sane
DAA 3g/3g/3g/3g/0/0
Erase 0/0/3/3/2/1
Creatine

And all the rest of the supplements like fish oil, etc.

I lift 5 times a week, but am at the gym everyday doing something. Yoga twice a week to work on flexibility, pilates once a week to hit core, and play basketball twice a week. Aim for 6-8 hours of sleep per night, usually 6-7.

I'll split my H-Drol and P-Stanz apart from the cycle assist and stay away from booze, caffeine, etc. Main goal is recomp/cut and basically want to get a 6 pack for the summer.

Is there anything else I need or could improve upon? Once Sunday comes I'll start keeping track of my progress will probably take measurements or pictures.

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards
From everything I've heard pstanz won't do much of anything below 250, preferably 300. I was going to stack it with pmag but ended up dropping it cause I would of had to buy 3 bottles

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
At that dose pstanz will be a mild mild hardener, if that is what the OP is after he'll be fine, the h-drol is the major component in this cycle. That being said, if the OP could bump it up to 250-300, it might go from a good cycle, to frickin awesome :D

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards
At that dose pstanz will be a mild mild hardener, if that is what the OP is after he'll be fine, the h-drol is the major component in this cycle. That being said, if the OP could bump it up to 250-300, it might go from a good cycle, to frickin awesome :D
Yea true manbeast, I shouldn't assume the OP wants an anabolic effect with the hdrol. Just out of curiosity how long does the hardening effect last? When you come off cycle?

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
looks good man. interested to see your results cause i have almost the same cycle planned for mid summer! good luck bro

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Not terribly long usually as it is due to having a strong androgen in your system.

IndyMike

Awards
To answer the P-Stanz question I decided on the 200mg number just from reading around that it was an effective dose when stacked with Hdrol. I am looking to harden up, but have had some back pump problems in the past so didn't want to overdo it. I know P-Stanz is mild so I might up it to 300 and see how it goes, another bottle won't kill me cost wise.

And to progress my cycle so far, obviously it's only been two days as I started on Sunday. I did yoga (don't laugh, I need to get more flexible, plus the instructor is gorgeous) and then played basketball for a few hours and called it a day.

Monday was my first day of lifting and of course I wasn't feeling anything too different and I'm not expecting anything for probably another 2 weeks. Last time I really began feeling it towards the end of the 2nd week and I expect something similar this time around. So far no problems to report. The only thing I felt was slightly warm when I was warming up, but that might just be because the weather is really mild and beautiful right now.

Monday was my Chest/Tri day and normally I do 8 lifts a session totalling about 32 sets and normally taking around 60-75 minutes. It's hard tracking progress on smaller, more concentrated lifts, but bench is an easy one to track. Monday I did 295x5, 275x7, 255x7, and 225x10 as a burnout. It was decent, but I was a bit confused on the 255 set, was expecting more. Oh well, my shoulder's been bothering me a bit so I wasn't too disappointed.

Was planning on doing a bit of cardio, but didn't feel like it so headed home. Weighed in today at 206.4. Feeling good. Will be hitting back/bis today after work. Will keep you all posted.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Gorgeous yoga instructors can lead to some stiff 3rd legs :D

IndyMike

Awards
Gorgeous yoga instructors can lead to some stiff 3rd legs :D
You're telling me. I mess up my poses on purpose so she can come around and rearrange me. Hot girl, who works out a lot, in tight yoga pants... It's beautiful.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
nice!

IndyMike

Awards
I went ahead and got another bottle of P-Stanz and will be running it at 300mg, why not, I want my 6 pack this summer and I want that 400+ bench. If I feel like something is wrong or it's too much I can just lower it and save it for next time. Good looking out everybody.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
party on wayne :D errr mike!

IndyMike

Awards
Quick update, it's been 4 full days on cycle. I've changed my P-Stanz to 300mg daily as per recommendations. Does anyone have dosage advice on how to take the 6 pills? I think the half life for P-Stanz is 6 hours so I have been trying to space it out like 1 in the morning, 2 at lunch time, 1 in the early afternoon, and 2 before bed. Any ideas?

So far no sides to report, weight is fairly constant, I will take an official weigh in probably Sunday or Monday with some pictures. Workouts have been good with nothing unusual to report. Yesterday I did yoga and pilates, no lifting, and felt pretty good throughout. Tonight I'll do my legs and some shoulders before playing basketball.

Diet has been clean and fairly consistent and haven't missed any doses. I know it's too early to feel anything, but mentally I feel bigger. Yeah it's a placebo, but there are worse things in life to feel. Will keep this updated with any big news.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
myself, I'd be doing 2 am, 1 lunch 1 afternoon 2 pm (since the longest time between doses will be the pm -->am for most people (if this isn't the case, adjust accordingly).

IndyMike

Awards
myself, I'd be doing 2 am, 1 lunch 1 afternoon 2 pm (since the longest time between doses will be the pm -->am for most people (if this isn't the case, adjust accordingly).
Yeah I definitely do 2 before bed as that is the longest time. Seems like I was on the right track, thanks.

IndyMike

Awards
Quick update, had a good legs and shoulders workout yesterday. Really trying to get my traps bigger this cycle as well, such a good show off muscle. No sides so far which is good and getting close to being on a week. Still not feeling much, but it'll be another 10 days or so before I imagine it kicking in.

Played basketball yesterday, poorly, so got some good cardio in. Strength seems to be slowly increasing as I hit most of the lifts I did last night. Heading to the gym tonight to do chest/tris so hopefully my bench will go up a bit from last time.

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
nice. this is getting me anxious to run my cycle early!

IndyMike

Awards
Update guys, so it's been a week and everything is going to plan. I'm trying to eat around 2800 calories a day and usually am right around that number. I go to the gym everyday, lift 5 days a week and play basketball or do yoga or something else the other 2 days. So far, I've gained about 2.5 pounds somehow. Though, I don't really see any fat gain and actually looks like I'm leaning out a bit.

No sides to report other than I always feel hot. It's unseasonably warm here at the moment and people aren't using AC yet so it's natural, but damn I feel hot at home, the gym, and at work. I guess that's a good thing though. Other than that nothing else negative to report and if those are the only sides I get I'll be more than pleased.

I think I'm going to start incorporating some superset workouts into my lifts, so do some heavy lifting days and also some lighter, more fast paced and intense workouts featuring supersets. The goal of this cycle is to lean out firstly and gain size secondly following a hypertrophy lifting scheme. The strength will be nice as well, but that's a distant third since I won't care about it too much for the summer. That will come in the winter.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Try dropsets if your wanting some insane growth. Dropset legpress feels amazing and dropset shrugs are gold. Subed for updates :D

IndyMike

Awards
Try dropsets if your wanting some insane growth. Dropset legpress feels amazing and dropset shrugs are gold. Subed for updates :D
Got anything to read up on drop sets? I'd love to read more about it and augment my own knowledge.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Got anything to read up on drop sets? I'd love to read more about it and augment my own knowledge.
Yeah I do
Drop set - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

.Actually let me explain it because I believe I can do it justice.
Dropsets are a way I,like many others have included to induce intensity when our routine feels stagnate.
All dropsets are is continuing the exercise when muscles have reached fatigue by droping some weight and doing more reps.These are hypertrophy magnets and build alot of power aswell.
Example of a dropset:DB curls.Lets say our beef cake can curl 40 lbs with moderate reps(8-12) Our hunk of steel wants to pick a weight above that where he can only get a measly 5 reps.Once he has completed the 3-5 reps with that weight he drops the weight by 20-30 % or so.Lets just say the number he started his 5 reps with was 60 lbs,he would drop to 40 or 30 and try and lift till failure with the new weight....oh but wait,the sets not over!he then drops them down to some girlish 15's gose till failure,and his forearms are explodeing and now he knows how arnold felt with his pump when he said "pumps are like cumming"
You can drop it as many times as you want.I drop on my bench till I'm just pushing the bar personally.Links included because I know now I didn't do drop sets justice.

Arnold cumming:[video=youtube_share;iMjG2s6UOaw]http://youtu.be/iMjG2s6UOaw[/video]

IndyMike

Awards
Been reading up on drop sets and may try them out, seems to be something different to what I've done. I'm familiar with the concept, just wasn't with the name exactly and needed a refresher. So how many exercises, sets, etc do you do per day. You don't do drop sets for all your lifts right?

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Been reading up on drop sets and may try them out, seems to be something different to what I've done. I'm familiar with the concept, just wasn't with the name exactly and needed a refresher. So how many exercises, sets, etc do you do per day. You don't do drop sets for all your lifts right?
I usually limit it to one excercise.usually the first one.targeting my weakest part. On my chest/ bicep day it will be my db curls cause my peak is weak. I repete the excercise2 to 3 times so.....3 sets in a dropset fashion. Its not something you should do week after week because its easy to over train with them if you do. Limit dropsets to 4weeks then go back to your usual training for atleast 2to 3 months. They are so intense so be carefull

IndyMike

Awards
Everything is going good so far. Yesterday I did yoga and pilates, no lifting and it wore me out completely. I really need to get my cardiovascular endurance up. I hurt my elbow somehow, but it's nothing serious and already feels better.

The day before was a chest/tri day and I did 295x6, 275x8, 255x10, 225x13 and they were fairly easy. I'm getting stronger and it's only been about a week and a half. The real fun starts in the next week or so. People have comented that I look leaner, but overall I've already gained 4 pounds and am up to 209. No sides so far which is a plus other than some minor back pumps, but much better than last time so far. Hoping it stays like this.

IndyMike

Awards
Quick update for everyone. Things are going good so far and tomorrow marks a full 2 weeks on cycle. No serious side effects to report so far, other than the lower back being a bit stiff and sore, but other than that pretty good.

My weight right is now at 209, so up about 4 pounds in the past 2 weeks. Which I think is pretty good considering I'm not trying to bulk. If I had to guess I'd say I'm down maybe 1% bodyfat, but I don't have any calipers so it's a guess at this point. People have said I look leaner while I'm heavier. The strength gains are coming as well, I do feel stronger.

Going on advise posted here I've started incorporating some super sets and drop sets and will do those as well as regular hypertrophy days. The next 4 weeks should be exciting.

IndyMike

Awards
Update!

So the first 2 weeks have come and gone without a hitch. My weight right now is hovering right around 208-209 most days, although yesterday morning it was 206. Overally, I've gained a few pounds but look leaner and have gained a fair bit of strength already. I've put on close to 20 pounds already on my bench and right now it's around 365. Should be over 400 by the end if everything goes to plan.

Feeling really sore most days, and lower back is a bit stiff, but still better than last time. I've really got to start upping my cardio but most days after I finish my workouts I'm just tired and done and call it a day. Have to suck it up and do 10-15 minutes of some form of cardio at the end.

My pee is a dark yellow color and I simply don't think I'm taking in enough water. Will make sure to be more careful with that. Overall I'm pleased with my progress so far and lack of most sides. Supersets and dropsets have completely exhausted my muscles and I love it. Nothing better than failing at trying to iso curl 15 pound dumbbells when you normally can do 55s for reps.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update!

So the first 2 weeks have come and gone without a hitch. My weight right now is hovering right around 208-209 most days, although yesterday morning it was 206. Overally, I've gained a few pounds but look leaner and have gained a fair bit of strength already. I've put on close to 20 pounds already on my bench and right now it's around 365. Should be over 400 by the end if everything goes to plan.

Feeling really sore most days, and lower back is a bit stiff, but still better than last time. I've really got to start upping my cardio but most days after I finish my workouts I'm just tired and done and call it a day. Have to suck it up and do 10-15 minutes of some form of cardio at the end.

My pee is a dark yellow color and I simply don't think I'm taking in enough water. Will make sure to be more careful with that. Overall I'm pleased with my progress so far and lack of most sides. Supersets and dropsets have completely exhausted my muscles and I love it. Nothing better than failing at trying to iso curl 15 pound dumbbells when you normally can do 55s for reps.
Nice to hear!Keep tearing it up!

IndyMike

Awards
Well everything is going good so far. Body feels sore all over and yesterday I just had no energy so I skipped my weekly pilates class. Weight is still at 209, so it's pretty much been steady. My arms have increased by about .25 inches, which is fantastic. Bench up around 25 pounds or so overall. Doing 100s with DB Military for 6 reps or so on my first set. All other lifts are good as well.

I'm having my wisdom teeth pulled Friday. It will just be a local and I'll get my lift in before I go to the dentist so hopefully I'll only miss 1 day if any at all. Body is sore, back is a bit sore, but nothing I can't handle. Energy is normally good, but yesterday my muscles were just completely fatigued.

IndyMike

Awards
Sorry for the lack of updates guys. I had my wisdom teeth pulled Friday and haven't really been able to workout or eat right for the past couple days. Should be back in the gym today and I've continued my cycle so I shouldn't be too set back. Before I had it done I was feeling good and strong, did 315 for 6 reps on bench quite easily. Cycle is going good so far with minimal sides. Will update tomorrow after tonights gym session.

IndyMike

Awards
Damn this wisdom tooth is kicking my ass. Went to get my chest/tri workout in today. Started benching and my tooth started bleeding. Had to call it a day. This sucks.

IndyMike

Awards
Sorry I haven't been updating this, but I've been out of the gym for the past 5 days or so due to my wisdom teeth. Looks like I had a dry socket and an infection so it was a no go. Hitting the gym back today and should be good to finish the last 2 weeks strong. I have become more lean and a bit stronger, weight is about the same. I'm hoping to finish the final 2 weeks strong and get the 6 pack I want.

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
i feel ya on the wisdom tooth thing. i had mine taken out, then i got a really bad infection. dropped 20lbs and was out of the gym for 2 months :( keep at it bro!

IndyMike

Awards
i feel ya on the wisdom tooth thing. i had mine taken out, then i got a really bad infection. dropped 20lbs and was out of the gym for 2 months :( keep at it bro!
Luckily mine are feeling better.

Yesterday I was back in the gym. Everything was good and strenght was fine, did 325 on bench for 4 reps. Didn't have a spot so I wasn't pushing it 100%. Hopefully I can finish the last 2 weeks and have a successful cycle. Weight is 210 currently.