New Guy - Anavar Only Cycle Log

raiderdude

Awards
Have been on the site for a month just reading and decided to register/post today. I plan to use this space as a log and I will try to be as detailed as I can - time permitting.

I'm 26, have been lifting since HS football started and I was 14. During that period of time there was a long span where I was very serious about working out/eating right/and taking the best possible care of my body. There were also periods where I stopped lifting, ate like ****, and did not treat my body with any regards. Long story short, I am at a time in my life where I have found a renewed desire to train, be healthy, and try to better myself everyday. I've tried many approaches over time and think I have a routine down now that I really enjoy mainly because I've incorporated some new ideas, exercises, and freshness to my routine. A big problem I would have in the past is burning out from the same routine.

I have previous experience with PHs (Superdrol - the original one from DS, and M1T)

I have been back at it in the gym for the last 2 months now and have decided this is the direction I am going to go. Fully aware this may not be the preference of many (Oral only cycle, no test, Anavar by itself). Goal wise - I am looking to keep a more athletic - defined look rather than blowing back up.

5'9 212lbs, eventual end goal is to get around 195 however I'll be paying more attention to the mirror than the scale.

Cycle layout:

Weeks 1-5 = 50mg Var split in to 2 doses (am/pm)
Weeks 6-8 = 75mg Var split in to 2 doses (am/pm)
PCT = 40/40/20/20 mg of Nolva

I am leaving open the option to bump the dosage to 75mg later in the cycle - if my body is responding good to 50mg than I may not bump it at all.

Supplements used:

TTA (have been on this for last month, will finish out this 2nd bottle. 2grams/day. Have had no issues with cramping or feeling tired)
XTend (2scoops pre/during workout and post workout)
Craze (1.5scoops preworkout)
4-5 Fish Oil caps
MVP multi-vitamin
Protein powder

Workout split (included most of the things that I do on each day, not all. Each day has its core workouts that I always do but I mix around a lot with the other exercises to keep it fresh). After I finish my core exercises, I like to pick the pace up - go lighter in weight, and work more exercises/reps in. Deadlifts, Military Press, Power Cleans, Squats, and Incline Bench are exercises that I do a 5x5 split.

On the 2 days I list as circuit - my gym has an area with tires, ropes, a mountain climbing machine, trx bands and this is some new stuff that I've incorporated in to my training. I keep the pace very fast and do little circuits of 2-3 exercises. This usually last 20-25minutes. I warm up with 15minutes on a bike on lifting days.

Back (5x5 deadlift, 3x8 v-bar(dont know what to call it) pull downs, 3x8 bent over 2 arm long bar rows)
Shoulders (5x5 front military press on smith machine, 5x5 power clean, 3x8 highpulls, 3x8 lateral raises)
Cardio/Bi's/Circuit (30min walk at 4.5incline/3.5mph)(3-4 bicep exercises)(flip tires, throw heavy balls, rope pulls, sandbags, trx suspension, shuttle runs)
Legs (5x5 squats, 3x10 leg extensions, 3x10 hamstring curls, 3x10 calf raises)
Chest (5x5 incline bench, 3x10 dumbbell bench, 3x10 hammer machine, 3x12 cable crossover)
Cardio/Tri's/Circuit (same as day 3)
Cardio (45min walk at 4.5incline/3.5mph)

I am trying to keep my diet as clean as my life allows me to. For the most part I've been able to do just that. Example from today:

8:45 -10eggwhite omlet on rye bread
10:30 - workout
11:45 - post workout shake + apple
2:30 - canned tuna
5:00 - grilled chicken with broccoli + brown rice
7:30 - protein shake + peanuts

I try to get around 40grams of protein with each meal with a good carb or fat addition.

Today was day 1 of Anavar and I did my Shoulder routine. Tomorrow will be just cardio and the circuits I do.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I'm in for the ride! I would recommend getting some test with it, everybody is different but Var slightly shut me down on 30mg... I gonna do another cycle but will for sure do test with Var next time.

Good luck!

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
If you are doing anavar solo, I would recommend 80mg minimum for 8 weeks, I have seen a lot of cycles with disappointing results from low dosed var

raiderdude

Awards
If you are doing anavar solo, I would recommend 80mg minimum for 8 weeks, I have seen a lot of cycles with disappointing results from low dosed var
I have enough on hand to bump the cycle up to 75mg at any time but I will begin it at 50mg and see how my body responds.

Platinum_01

Awards
What does it mean when someone says to take a Test Prop with Anavar??

Platinum_01

Awards
I'm 29 years old weigh 160, 5"7'. Currently want to start a cycle (1st ever) and I'm considering Var cause of the light side effects. Any Tips?

raiderdude

Awards
What does it mean when someone says to take a Test Prop with Anavar??
Test Prop is a type of testosterone just like Test Enanthate and Test Cypionate are a type of testosterone. The benefits of Prop are that it produces very little water retention and acts quickly in your body. The negative is that it is more expensive and you have to inject it more frequently than the other 2 mentioned.

I'm 29 years old weigh 160, 5"7'. Currently want to start a cycle (1st ever) and I'm considering Var cause of the light side effects. Any Tips?
What are your goals?

Just going by your question about Test Prop - I'm not going to get all high and mighty on you but you should do more reading/learning before you start anything.

Platinum_01

Awards
Im in the Research Process Right now. Sorry for some of the Dumb Questions... Ive seen Test prop in a lot of forums. My goals are just to lean my stomach area and build some muscle in the process. Im not looking for crazy 30 lbs gains, I would be fine with a good solid, clean, lean 10 lbs.

Are u starting ur PCT on week 6?? Is the Nolva the one u would get at a Nutrition shop or is it a higher quality? like something to get from a source?

raiderdude

Awards
Im in the Research Process Right now. Sorry for some of the Dumb Questions... Ive seen Test prop in a lot of forums. My goals are just to lean my stomach area and build some muscle in the process. Im not looking for crazy 30 lbs gains, I would be fine with a good solid, clean, lean 10 lbs.

Are u starting ur PCT on week 6?? Is the Nolva the one u would get at a Nutrition shop or is it a higher quality? like something to get from a source?
PCT = Post Cycle Therapy. I will be starting Nolva when I am finished with my 8 weeks of Var and its real Nolva.

raiderdude

Awards
I will keep track of some of my weights here to see what strength gains come.

Squats 5x5:

135x10 (warmup)
225x5
245x5
275x5
275x5
295x5

Leg Extensions:

140x10
150x10
160x10

RoadMapFire

RoadMapFire

Awards
Interested to read some of this. I had to stop after 3 days of var because of some stomach issues. However my buddy using the same gear has been responding so well at 60mg/day. Hoping you keep this log updated because most logs just stop and give no end results

raiderdude

Awards
Interested to read some of this. I had to stop after 3 days of var because of some stomach issues. However my buddy using the same gear has been responding so well at 60mg/day. Hoping you keep this log updated because most logs just stop and give no end results
Do you have a sensitive stomach in general? I've never had any stomach issues with anything so I'll notice right away if the Var is not sitting well in my stomach. Hopefully that doesn't happen.

RoadMapFire

RoadMapFire

Awards
Do you have a sensitive stomach in general? I've never had any stomach issues with anything so I'll notice right away if the Var is not sitting well in my stomach. Hopefully that doesn't happen.
Stress and nerves play more so a role with my stomach. Weekends are fine because of no work (construction engineering job can be stressful at times) and I'm not bothered by much. I think that set me off last time. Anyways not to make this my journal. My buddy is using the same cycle and he's loving every moment of it. Could just be me.

raiderdude

Awards
Incline Bench 5x5:

135x10 (warmup)
205x5
225x5
225x5
235x5
235x4

Dumbbell Bench:

80x10
80x10
85x9

raiderdude

Awards
As far as the Anavar goes, only thing I have to report is that I've been feeling lethargic all day. Its not a big deal at all but just reporting something I've noticed.

raiderdude

Awards
took a while to get to sleep last night but lethargy pretty much gone today. nothing else to really report. diet has been clean.

raiderdude

Awards
Will weigh myself tomorrow. I weigh myself 1x a week on the same scale first thing in the morning.

I feel like my body has adjusted to the Var. First few days there was some lethargy and my stomach was pretty gassy, both of which are gone now.

Overall felt pretty good in the gym today. Lower back felt really pumped by the time the workout was over and I will be putting an emphasis on doing more stretching because my hamstrings felt tight all day and calves felt like rocks doing cardio on Sunday.

Deadlifts 5x5

135x10 (warmup)
225x5
275x5
295x5
315x5
315x5

V-Bar pulldowns

180x8
190x8
200x8

Diet has been clean.

raiderdude

Awards
Scale kept flirting with 210 today but weight is 211.

raiderdude

Awards
weight is 209, strength is up and dosage of 50mg ED is doing the job so far.

Overall, a few days over 2 weeks in, I am happy with the way things are going.

raiderdude

Awards
I've been sick or battling some type of sickness for probably 5-6 days since I started my cycle and my workouts have not been impacted at all. Last weekend it was food poisoning from a local restaurant or a stomach bug from my nephew/sister that I caught...It was from 1 of those 2.... Last 2 days its been a cold that has been going around my house. Currently taking a Z-pak to get rid of it.

Squats:

135x10 (warm up)
225x5
275x5
315x5
315x5
225x18

I was going for 20reps to close it out and just couldn't dig deep enough today but afterwards felt kind of guilty like I could have gotten it.

Leg extensions:

150x10
160x10
160x8

raiderdude

Awards
How's the fat loss going?
Fat loss is going well. Last time I weighed myself I was 209 which would be -3 pounds since the start of the cycle. I look leaner in the mirror and I am down a hole on the belt so I know I am losing some fat.

I haven't done as much cardio as I would have liked to be doing either.

san731

san731

Awards
In on this. Im running var too with test p/e and loving it.

raiderdude

Awards
Incline bench:

135x10 (warm up)
185x5
205x5
225x5
245x5
265x4

Flat Dumbbells

85x8
90x8
90x8

Still not over this little bug but workouts have been going very well and diet has been very clean.

raiderdude

Awards
weight steady at 209. Will report back later after my session at the gym.

Finally getting over the cold/bug and feeling good.

raiderdude

Awards
Felt pretty good at the gym today. Did a bunch of super sets after I got deadlifts out of the way.

Deadlifts:

135x10 (warm up)
225x5
275x5
315x5
315x5
335x5
225x10

Seated Cable Rows:

180x8
190x8
200x8

raiderdude

Awards
Diet got a little off track this weekend, will be interested to see what I weigh in at tomorrow.

Saturday: Squats:

135x10 (warm up)
225x5
275x5
305x5
315x5
325x5
225x20

Leg Extensions:

160x10
160x10
170x8

Today: Incline Bench:

135x10 (warm up)
185x5
225x5
245x5
265x5
275x3 (there was literally no one to spot me at the gym today so I stopped at 3 - felt like I had a little more in me)

Flat dumbbells:

85x8
90x8
95x8

About to be 4 weeks in, nothing to really complain about and happy with how things have gone so far. Going to try and really tighten the diet/cardio up to finish out the cycle. At this point, I have no plans to go bump my dosage up over 50mg, I feel like there is really no need to.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Running Var and masteron

I'll keep in time with this log ;)

ReedSkin

ReedSkin

Awards
I have a question some newb Anabolic questions for you guys. I noticed you are using no Milk thistle, why is this? Also if you were to take 75mgs/d of Var would you be able to take A-HD?
reviews.bodybuilding.com/BPI_Sports/AHD
I have been told someone was starting this and I didn't seem it would be correct, he is my workout partner, but wouldn't the booster be pointless as to Anavar fixin to create it's own? He claims it doesn't shutdown like other steroids.

/curiosity killed the cat

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
I have a question some newb Anabolic questions for you guys. I noticed you are using no Milk thistle, why is this? Also if you were to take 75mgs/d of Var would you be able to take A-HD?
reviews.bodybuilding.com/BPI_Sports/AHD
I have been told someone was starting this and I didn't seem it would be correct, he is my workout partner, but wouldn't the booster be pointless as to Anavar fixin to create it's own? He claims it doesn't shutdown like other steroids.

/curiosity killed the cat
it doesn't shut down but is also low aromatizing as well.
A-HD is estrogen modulator.

No good bro!
Keep it simple. Depending on how much estro u have man!

Judging by avatar, you have your estro in check. Keep it simple

raiderdude

Awards
weight was 210 today...def had a bad 2-3 days on the diet this past weekend.

ReedSkin

ReedSkin

Awards
Thanks Runner, also Raider why no milk thistle in with all your supplements ?

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What would you estimate your bf% at both before starting var and now?

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I much du you feel your strenght have gone up since started?

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
I'm looking at running Var if I can get my hands on it. Subbed!

dubfungus

Awards
People say you need a pct. An stuff but bar is pretty mellow with almost no side affects I can think of

raiderdude

Awards
I'll get to responding to some questions when I get some more time. Everything going very well still.

Now 5 weeks in, weight is 207 (-5total) and diet has gone to **** the last 2 weekends. Strength still climbing every week. I think I have said it before in this thread, dosage is going to remain at 50mg, there is really no need to change it as I am very pleased with how things are going.

Decided to switch to Clomid for PCT when that time comes. Just a personal decision. I have used Nolva in the past but am going to change it up.

Incline Bench:

225x5
245x5
265x5
275x5
285x4

Flat Dumbbells:

90x8x3

Squats:

275x5
315x5
315x5
315x5
335x5
225x20

Leg Extensions:

160x10
170x8
170x8

tai

Awards
Raiderdude...Whats going on? been reading your log and its stopped half way through...I hope nothing happened and would be real interested to find out how you got on with the rest off your cycle....and if you have kept the gains. Come on don't be shy.

jman245

Awards
I'm gonna be on var soon stacked with tri methyl .I'm gonna use 60 mgs of var each day.as far as pct,i have cel cycle assist and tudca.,looks good to op!