New Cycle

mdd

Awards
I want to start a cycle of halo extreme. I was gonna run advanced cyce therapy while on it and for 4 weeks after. Is this a good enough pct? Halo is supposed to be easy on the liver I believe, so this is why I ask.

What kind of diet should I maintain?
Stats: age 18
Weight 170
Height 5'11

Please don't just say I'm too young for this, i have friends who ran super dmz and are fine.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
GTO4me

GTO4me

Awards
Dude your 18! Youve got a lot of time and natural growing to do before you start a cycle! Work hard and eat right. Don't look for the easy way out!

mdd

Awards
You're right manbeast, I'll wait a few years before trying a cycle. I just read about DAA, would I be safe to take this? What are the effects I would experience?

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
DAA is great, combine it with some Erase Pro and you'll basically be on a test cycle, just remember to run them staggered a bit.

Week 1: DAA 3g/ed
Weeks 2-8: DAA 3g/ed Erase Pro 1 cap per day
Weeks 9-10: Erase Pro 1 cap every other day

Should give you a nice kick and solid gains.

Also post up your workout (in decent detail, split, rep ranges, total sets) and typical diet for a day so we can make sure you aren't overtraining and you are eating enough.

Oh, and thanks for being level-headed enough to not argue and fight over this. You'll thank me/the board down the line.

ManBeast

mdd

Awards
Chest/Tris:
BB flat bench 3x6-12
DB flat bench 2x8
DB incline bench 2x8
Decline bench 1x8
Various inclined pec flies 4x8-15
Dips 2x12
Cable push down 4x15
one handed db overhead extension 3x8

Back/Bis
t-bar row 3x8
lat pull down 3x8
Low cable row 3x8
bent over bb row 3x8
RDL 4x5
alternating curls 2x8(ea. arm)
preacher curls 3x12
reverse curls2x6
and a bunch of wrist curls for forearms

Legs/shoulders/traps
back/front/box squats 3x8
leg press 4x12
quad/ham extensions 2x8
calf raises 3x15
bb shrugs 4x8-12
db shrugs 3x10
shoulder flies(all heads) 3x12
arnold press 2x8
military press 4x15

typical diet:
breakfast: big bowl of cereal
Lunch: whatever is served at my highschool, i usually get a chicken sandwhich or chicken bites and 2 milk cartons + fruit
post w/o: 40g whey isolate
Dinner: whatever, usually a lean meat
Snack: glass of milk or protein shake with a power bar.
thanks

*I lift somewhere from 5-7 days a week, days not lifting I do cardio/abs

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Awesome reply: A few notes:

Firstly, you need more calories, mostly from protien of course, but you can get away with some carbs and fats, don't worry as much about lean with your metabolism. I'd post more suggestions for upping your calories, but that isn't my forte, as I'm perpetually cutting (I have the opposite body type as you) I'll try and get someone who is awesome with lean bulking diets to come in here and chime in though.

Secondly, I think you are overtraining (which makes it impossible to gain mass, but you can see some strength increases, crazy right?) Look into some other programs. My favorites for a 3-day split are HST or DC, or a proper push-pull-legs. You prime the pump in the gym, but you grow when you are recovering.

Thirdly, it sounds like you are doing a good amount (as in a bit too much) cardio for your metabolism. Also, abs can be overtrained as well.

ManBeast

mdd

Awards
I'll definitely look into a new program. And I'll be getting more protein in my diet. Also, back to daa, what sides should I expect from daa and erase?

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
with both in there? just an overall feeling of well-being from the higher testosterone. *maybe* some acne if you are prone.

ManBeast

dylangemelli

dylangemelli

Banned
Awards
Okay, so your diet definitely needs some work... i need to know what kind of goals do you have? i need to know that before i can help with your diet

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
^ this is the dude to help ya out man, he knows his sh*t

ManBeast

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAA is great, combine it with some Erase Pro and you'll basically be on a test cycle, just remember to run them staggered a bit.

Week 1: DAA 3g/ed
Weeks 2-8: DAA 3g/ed Erase Pro 1 cap per day
Weeks 9-10: Erase Pro 1 cap every other day

Should give you a nice kick and solid gains.

Also post up your workout (in decent detail, split, rep ranges, total sets) and typical diet for a day so we can make sure you aren't overtraining and you are eating enough.

Oh, and thanks for being level-headed enough to not argue and fight over this. You'll thank me/the board down the line.

ManBeast
This is very true. Your friends may have blown up. But you can do that naturally now. Especially with the right diet and proper training. :)

Welcome to the board.

mdd

Awards
Well basically I want to be big and defined but the problem is that a have a layer of fat over my ABS and arms a little bit. I just wanna get rid of the fat mainly.

mdd

Awards
I should add, supps I'm taking: fish oil, multi, vit d, vit c, zinc, green tea extract, whey isolate and sometimes a pwo

dylangemelli

dylangemelli

Banned
Awards
the first thing you need to do is incorporate some cardio into your training... at least 3 days a week... when it comes to dropping fat, especially in your midsection, there are some key things you need to avoid... Sodium is a killer for the abs...you need to avoid sugars as well as fat... I did a pretty sweet writeup on a diet that will give you mass gains and help you to stay shredded... I want you to do a little research on what I have written and then come back to me with any questions... shoot me a pm after you do your research... check out the writeup

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutrition-health/190777-dylan-gemellis-helladrol.html

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
Fat loss is calories in vrs calories out, along with weights and protein to prevent muscle loss. High intensity interval training is a great addition to any workout plan, good at burning calories in a short period of time. If you are really trying to burn calories you can am/pm split cardio and weights. Your diet needs a bit of work but Dylan's plan should help you out a lot.

mdd

Awards
I will work on my diet and training. Also, when on daa/erase, what kind of aesthetic changes should I expect?

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
Slight drop in water retention

mdd

Awards
would there be any benefit to take creatine whilst on this cycle?

And, thanks for all your help guys!

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
It can help you get a few more reps which help out building/retaining muscle.

would there be any benefit to take creatine whilst on this cycle?

And, thanks for all your help guys!

mdd

Awards
will i be fine running erase and not erase pro? Or is pro much better?