Ultimate MMA Stack Osta+S4

rospina

rospina

Awards
The goods came in the mail today, but I'm going to wait until Friday to begin my 4 week cycle of osta/s4 (12.5 mg/25 mg respectively, twice a day). I would prefer to take my last dose at the end of my training week. Aside from the osta/s4, I will also be taking LCLT (3 g/day), BCAA's (a lot!), protein, and of course, plenty of coffee!
I'm looking forward to these 4 weeks for a couple of reasons. This is my first time taking osta, and my first time stacking it with s4. Also, unlike my last thread, I'm not fighting anytime soon, so I get to focus on strength training with a more off season type mentality (which means NO WEIGHT CUTTING!!!).
Advice is always appreciated!

GLHF

GLHF

Awards
  • Established
if ur in offseason....why not add test prop or mast prop along the sarms? it will make the cycle that much better.

if ur tested i understand.

but also thers a lot of other **** like sarms which dnt get picked up like ghrps

just saying.

rospina

rospina

Awards
if ur in offseason....why not add test prop or mast prop along the sarms? it will make the cycle that much better.

if ur tested i understand.

but also thers a lot of other **** like sarms which dnt get picked up like ghrps

just saying.
I don't get tested at this level, sarms just seemed like the ideal cycle for the goals I have. I don't want to gain any size or weight. I don't even need to get leaner. I just need to maintain my current weight, get stronger, and improve my anaerobic conditioning/threshold. The side effects are minimal, and so far I have not had to take any PCT's when I've taken s4.

GLHF

GLHF

Awards
  • Established
100mg eod test prop or mast or winstrol will all give u the results ur looking for.

just saying bro.
a person i know dose switched between mast 4-6weeks and winstrol 4-6weeks and back to mast with 4week brakes in between, in the brakes hed take ghrp2+cjc dac. and he would do test prop 100mg 3x week while on other steroids..........just saying again.

rospina

rospina

Awards
hmmm, i may try it out next time around. Maybe during my next off season. I would def want to do some research before I try it. Sarms is the only anabolic I have ever taken, so it's something I'm still very new at.

Aside from that I had my first lift on osta and s4 today (lower body). I started lifting again about 3 weeks ago shortly after my fight (I cut out heavy weight lifting 4 weeks prior to competing). I use the deadlifts as my main strength workout for lower body days. Everything else is accessory work. I take the Wendler 5/3/1 approach, except for instead of increasing the intensity every week, I increase it every two weeks. I haven't max'd in a while, so I'm basing it on some old numbers (where 300 lbs is my 1RM for deadlifts). I assume it is higher, because 270 is supposed to be 85%1RM, and I was able to rep out 275 lbs. x 5 times. I will attempt this number or more my last week on the cycle, to see if there is an improvement.

For upper body days, my main stength exercise is bench (I'm sticking to dumbell right now, to get a rest from barbell. It also helps with my shoulder stabilizers). I've never max'd with dumbells, but I used to have a hard time pushing 85 lb. dumbells for 5 reps before my last fight. Like I said, this cycle will be interesting since I can focus on strength now. My last cycle was taken 4 weeks out of the fight, and like I said, heavy strength training is eliminated about 4 weeks out (switch to power and anaerobic threshold training instead) to prevent overtraining of the central nervous system.
My strength and conditioning will be in the mornings and my team training (MMA, jiu-jitsu, muay thai/boxing, etc) is in the evenings. Two-a-days Monday through Friday.
Here's a template of my strength and conditioning schedule (every morning around 11 a.m.):
Mon - Upper body strength/power
Tues - Padwork & light cardio or swimming
Wed - Core training, rehab/prehab exercises (shoulders/hips/core), 'Active recovery' (foam rolling, uphill walking, very light!)
Thurs - Anaerobic threshold training (circuits/sleds or prowlers)
Fri - Lower body strength/power

My life does not revolve around strength and conditioning since my number one priority is on the mat. Therefore I make sure I strength train enough to get good results, but not enough to overtrain and hinder my MMA training. Can't wait to see the results!!

Last edited:
junkyarddogzz

junkyarddogzz

Awards
  • Established
I don't get tested at this level, sarms just seemed like the ideal cycle for the goals I have. I don't want to gain any size or weight. I don't even need to get leaner. I just need to maintain my current weight, get stronger, and improve my anaerobic conditioning/threshold. The side effects are minimal, and so far I have not had to take any PCT's when I've taken s4.
Stick with the SARMS bro, no shutdown.....I love them

Pro_MAX

Pro_MAX

Awards
Looking forward to this log. Im on the Osta and s4 satck now and I am amazed at the changes in my body.

can you say STRONG AND LEAN!

rospina

rospina

Awards
Looking forward to this log. Im on the Osta and s4 satck now and I am amazed at the changes in my body.

can you say STRONG AND LEAN!
Quick question, it was brought to my attention that both osta and s4 compete for the same androgen receptors (at least that's what I was told...I was no chemistry/biochem major so I'm clueless on the subject). Would it be better to take osta (alone) before my strength and conditioning, and s4 before MMA training?

Rjr3412

Rjr3412

Awards
Quick question, it was brought to my attention that both osta and s4 compete for the same androgen receptors (at least that's what I was told...I was no chemistry/biochem major so I'm clueless on the subject). Would it be better to take osta (alone) before my strength and conditioning, and s4 before MMA training?
While I can't guarentee the total accuracy of this, its my understanding that the Osta has about a 24 hour half life, which means as long as you are taking it every day, it doesn't really matter when you take it. S4 on the other hand has a shorter half life, which is why it was originally recommended to split the dose. But again, this is just what I've heard from other logs.

As far as them hitting the same receptors, I believe I've heard the opposite, which makes sense as Osta is more anabolic whereas the S4 is more androgenic. But again, the caveat that I don't have a true background in this stuff, just repeating what I've read.

Log is looking good btw.

rospina

rospina

Awards
thanks Rjr3412, I'm sticking to dosing it the same way I have been since it's convenient and I'm already seeing results. It's been a little over a week since I began the cycle, and I'm already seeing the effects. The intensity during training is always evident when I take s4, so that was there right off the bat. I haven't gotten much bigger (that's not a goal, but I figured it would happen a bit since osta is supposed to be more anabolic) but we'll see if there is any weight gain 3 weeks from now. It's almost time for me to head out and get my first workout in for the day - upper body strength/power. We'll see what my strength coach has in store for me today, look out for an update later on how the lift goes.
At least it's not a circuit day :)

rospina

rospina

Awards
Just got done with our "hard" sparring night. 30-45 min of active warming up/drilling - 5 min intervals/1 min break. Then 2 light boxing w/ takedowns/clinch, and 5 hard MMA rounds. I felt like an animal, I was able to keep a very high pace in every round. Not to say I didn't get tired, if anybody says they don't get tired then they are straight up lying. I still get tired, but I'm able to keep moving and push through it more efficiently. Also, my recovery is phenomenal. I feel fresh after the 1 min 'active' rest (active meaning that we jog lightly in a circle around the mat until the bell rings for the next round).
On another note, I just found out that I may be fighting, but in a lower weight class (140, my last one was at 147). Good thing is that it won't be until September so I have plenty of time to cut the weight correctly. So tomorrow I will step on the dreaded scale right when I wake up, and go from there.

rospina

rospina

Awards
Just finished my leg workout and was overwhelmingly surprised. I've never been extremely strong in the weight room since I didn't start lifting until about 4 years ago (around the same time I started training). The strongest 1RM my deadlift has ever been was 320. Therefore, 270 would be about 85% 1RM, which was the heaviest we went today, and the last set was performed for max reps. Normally I get 270 x 4 reps at best...7 good reps today (I was told to drop it when I started lifting the 8th).
Yesterday's circuit was a confidence booster as well, even though it was tapered and purely for cardio. Tabata sprints - 20 sec sprint/10 sec rest x 10 reps @ 9-11 mph (progressively) on 2.5% incline. We did 3 sets, and in between each set we did a series of ladder drills to work on speed while fatigued.
My max heart rate was 174, and would be in the 120's after 1 min rest in between sets. The heart rate response is normal for me for this kind of circuit, but I felt great the whole time. I was always explosive for every ladder drill and I could control my respiration the whole time - never had to gasp for air or stress while breathing. Overall, I'm impressed for being 2 weeks in, I'm diggin' the stack!

rospina

rospina

Awards
Strength and endurance are the through the roof right now. We did 10 x 3min Kickboxing w/ clinch and takedowns (get back up if taken down, so not fully mma) yesterday, with a 45 sec 'active' rest (jogging around the mat). I was able to not only push the pace, but stay just as strong in the clinch for every single round. I've always been able to box and stay light on my feet no matter how winded I am, or how tired my shoulders get. My wrestling/clinch endurance, however, is not usually as good. Being able to maintain the same strength output for every round was def a first for me since I've started training. Like I said before I'm LOVING this stack.
Today's circuit was pretty basic. 10 stations, 30 sec each, back to back with 1 min break after 5 min. My max HR was 182, and would be in the mid-to-high 120's after the minute break. Not bad to say so the least. The circuit consisted of
1. Sprint at 10.5 mph on 2.5% incline
2. Recline rows with my feet elevated. Isometric hold the last 10 seconds
3. 20 lb. medicine ball slams
4. Landmine punches -15 sec per arm
5. Battle ropes (any variation)
6. Double leg shots with a resistance band harness
7. Wall walks (these really f****** suck!)
8. Sprint at 8mph on 8% incline
9. Sprawls
10. Bear crawls up and down the mat
This was done 3 times, since our fights are 3 rounds. It's excruciating while I'm going through it, but it's amazing how quick I recover. Like I said, only 1 min and my HR was back in the 120's/130's.
I'm pretty happy with how I'm feeling now that I am approaching 3 weeks. My muscles def feel tighter, and I'm stronger than I can ever remember being. Well, it's almost time to dose up again, and go back for some no gi jits/grappling. Hope everyone has a great 4th of July weekend!

rospina

rospina

Awards
So I finished the last dose of my cycle last Friday, well as the last week of my Wendler 5/3/1 week. First off, I have not experienced any type of shutdown feeling, nor do I feel any weaker so far (and I'm not taking a PCT). All of my numbers improved in the strength room, and my conditioning feels great.
This last week was my 5/3/1 week, where my last set of my strength lift (deadlift, weighted pullup, and dumbell bench being the main heavy lifts). The last set is performed to failure, and I used my previous 1 RM (even though the program says to use 95% 1RM; I wanted to see if there were improvements in my raw strength). My previous 1 RM for dumbell bench press was 95 lbs (each hand), which I moved for 4 reps, then reached failure and couldn't finish the 5th rep (3 rep increase). My weighted pull up 1 RM was 75 lbs, and I moved it for 2 reps (so 1 rep, some is better than none LOL!). And my best improvement was in my deadlift; my 1 RM was 315 lbs and I moved it for 5 reps. Needless to say I was very pleased with the results from the stack.
I have used s4 alone during the offseason, and did not see these types of gains, so I would attribute that to the stack and maybe other factors (My diet has changed, different training schedule, etc). Another important factor is that my weight did not change drastically. I'm waking up maybe 2 or 3 lbs more than I normally do, which is great, I want my weight to stay the same. In fact, I just found out that, in 8 weeks (Sept 9), I will be fighting in the lowest weight division that I've ever competed in. I have to lose about 10 lbs. walking weight, and 10 lbs. water weight. Should be very interesting.
I will begin another s4 cycle when I am 4 weeks out of my fight. That worked great for me last time, and now I can exactly 8 weeks to get ready. That works perfectly for my cycling. Maybe I will blog about this fight camp like I did the last one.