Natty Bulking Cycle

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Alright guys, I've decided to go natty for awhile and just pack on some mass. I'm a hardgainer, so I'm going to try and pack on some mass right now.

Supplements:
SANN V12 - 1 scoop a day (may increase)
Syntrax Fuzu - 3 pills a day (may increase)
Universal Uniliver - 8 pills a day (4 pre and post workout)
ZMA - (have some leftover, will finish the bottle)
Multivitamin - 2 pills twice a day
Flax: 1-2tblspoons w/ every shake

Shakes:
Breakfast - Protein Customizer's Breakfast blend, 2 scoops with 1 banana and 4 strawberries
Evening, post workout - YJ's homemade weight gainer shake w/ 2 scoops Prorated chocolate whey
Final meal: Protein Cusotmizer's Nighttime blend w/ peanbut butter & flax
Immediately post workout: Endurox, 2 scoops or finish off my nlarge2 - probably will order Protein Customizer's anabolic post workout formula because it sounds like some good stuff

Diet:
I'm not counting calories, but I have precooked my meals which consist of various chicken breast, lean ground beef, steaks and etc. These will be eaten 2-3 times daily depending on my schedule. Hopefully Fuzu will kick my appetite up so I can eat more often.

Rest:
Since I don't work I'm going to go to sleep when I'm tired and wake up when I'm not :)
I do have to wake up early some days to go to class, but I'll probably take a nap when I'm done with this.

Training:
3-4 day training involving compound exercises, heavy weights with low reps (4-6). I've been reading up on HST, Max-OT and some of the others and can't make my mind up. Everyone seems to have their own opinion about this, and I think it depends on what works for them. So I'm going to be making my own routine and I'll post it when I have it done. If anyone has any thoughts on this, I would appreciate it. Here are some routines I'm considering:

MaxOT
HST
http://www.testosterone.net/nation_articles/227bulk.html
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/luis6.htm
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hitworkout.htm

So hopefully if I can eat a lot, get a lot of rest, drink plenty of water and lift hard I'll be able to put on some quality mass. After I get done with this, I have a left over bottle of One+ I think I'll finish and definitely look good in the pool this summer :D

Any comments would be appreciated!

pjorstad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Low reps suck IMO unless your using small rest periods. Ive come up with the idea that you should only do them for 2 or 3 weeks to break a plateau.

Do 15-6 reps 1-2 minute rests(2 minutes for compounds and 1 minute for isolations) moderate volume for hypertrophy

Then when you plateau
Do 8-1 reps 3-4 minute rests small volume for strength/power

Then go back to hypertrophy

Then take a break

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Alright guys, I've decided to go natty for awhile and just pack on some mass. I'm a hardgainer, so I'm going to try and pack on some mass right now.

Supplements:
SANN V12 - 1 scoop a day (may increase)
Syntrax Fuzu - 3 pills a day (may increase)
Universal Uniliver - 8 pills a day (4 pre and post workout)
ZMA - (have some leftover, will finish the bottle)
Multivitamin - 2 pills twice a day
Flax: 1-2tblspoons w/ every shake

Congrats first off on goin all natty, Im impressed.... Here's my comments..... take the liver tabs with meals, not pre and post workout unless theyre with meals, timing isnt that important...I would take 12 (4 3x a day) and ditch the multi's. If you take 8 liver tabs a 4 multi's you're going to be hurting after awhile. Those fat soluble vitamins will build up to toxic levels so drop the multi's or vice versa. (although I see liver tabs more important than mulits since they contain a good amount of vitamins and then some.)

Wow, other than that I have nothing to say (imagine that) but good luck and keep us posted.....

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think that gets into the discussion of intensity vs volume. I really think people respond different to one or the other, so I think its good to experiement and find out what works for you.

So, I make look into higher volume PJ. Thanks for the reply.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Low reps suck IMO unless your using small rest periods. Ive come up with the idea that you should only do them for 2 or 3 weeks to break a plateau.

Do 15-6 reps 1-2 minute rests(2 minutes for compounds and 1 minute for isolations) moderate volume for hypertrophy

Then when you plateau
Do 8-1 reps 3-4 minute rests small volume for strength/power
Wow, contradicting a commonly known method for mass gain, interesting. 15-6 reps? Not sure what that means...but anything over 10 reps isnt bulking, not to mention with 15 reps and 1 or 2 minutes rest inbetween, you'll be in the gym for 2 hours.

pjorstad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
No way yellowjacket. I just did an hours workout 2 days a week lately and im actually starting to overtrain, imagine that! Im only doing like 18 sets a workout. The problem is my reps aint high enough, i got the rest time to what i said above but i think if your gonna do 4 sets for the major compounds you need to start at 15-12 reps for your first set. If i dont start that high i drop SUPER fast.

Pogue will see what i mean but my point is with low rests you gotta keep reps high and volume low enough as to not tax the muscle too much or yourll overtrain.

Its a proven fact hypertrophy takes place between 15-6 reps. If your doing 4 sets its best to start at the high end then to start to low and end to low.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards

Its a proven fact hypertrophy takes place between 15-6 reps. If your doing 4 sets its best to start at the high end then to start to low and end to low.
Ok, we're on the same page, just taking a different route....15-6 is a broad range, Id shoot for between 6-10.

DarCSA

Awards
6-10 sounds good to me for bulking. How many sets total are you wanting to do? I like the diet too bro.

pjorstad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yah my problem is i can't stay in that range. For example I did bench for 10 reps, 2 minute rest then did only 4 reps then 3 reps then 3 reps again. If i had started at maybe 13 reps i would have hit a more appropriate range. This is why im almost overtraining because im having trouble getting my reps high enough because im still using my old weights where i was doing lower reps. So when your doing your last 2 sets in the low rep range with only a 2 minute rest it really kills the muscles and nervous system. The last thing i want to do is decrease weight though so what i have been doing the last week is cutting out slightly some isolation work and see if that helps keep me at my optimum.

aeoliantru

Awards
I've been following Pete Sisco's Train Smart e-book and have had great results.  I'm not saying run right out and get it, I'm just saying it has worked well for me.  I'm 6'5 230 pounds and still pushing for mass.  Every week I'm stronger and my muscles feel fuller.  It's definitely a different philosophy, but  it really cranks up the intensity.  

Workman

Banned
Awards
pogue, looks good Keep us posted.

You MIGHT want to keep track at least a REAL close estimate of your calories.

Me personally I find that if I keep track it keeps me motivated to keep STUFFING the food down especially later in the day when I am FULL as hell. Just a suggestions.

ex_banana-eater

Awards
  • Established
Ive heard after the first set, the next ones do little for hypertrophy - according to Bryan Haycock (based on studies). I personally stick with 1 set per excercise