How to avoid Illness during/after a Cycle?

Tansui

Tansui

Awards
  • Established
I read so many log updates or log reviews about people getting sick either during or after their cycle. Im wondering is there anyone here who:

A) had that problem.
and
B) found there are steps they can take to minimize those chances for future cycles.

I started thinking if one took echinacea and vitamin C in PCT... and then I thought someone must of already worked through this one.

So whosoever will please, herin bestow your'n wisdom.. (tell me how you dont get sick lol)

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Stay out of the cold, take vitamin c, stay away from sick individuals and get enough rest. The rest is up to your good old immune system.

17amethyl

Awards
  • Established
most steroids from what i know are immunosuppressants...I believe there are a few known exceptions

I think its really important and underlooked to take some sort of immune system support stack while ON...I personally take an additional dose of Vitamin C on top of my multi, and ingest more fruits/vegetables than normal, as well as supplement with pomegranate/garlic blends etc. (can often just throw them in shakes without even tasting them). Not only does Grapeseed Extract also have benefits in lowering BP which is usually an issue on cycle, but it also has properties that boost immune system as well.

So honestly, make your own blend. Avoid externalities like surrounding yourself with sick people and always wash your hands post-gym, etc. I always forget how f'n dirty some of those barbells are (think of the dudes that DL and scrape their shins and get blood on them)- meantime you probably use the same barbell to shrug with your bare hands.

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
I don't know the exact mechanisms of action for on-cycle illnesses, i.e. "test flu" and the like, but certain AAS (mainly methylated) are known to blunt cortisol while on, and hence the need for cortisol control in PCT. It is also a well-known fact that cortisol impairs the functional ability of the immune system.

So, to take the deductive leap, the cortisol rebound that occurs when one comes off will suprress the immune system and - bam - you're sick.

Phos-serine, high-dose vitamin C, etc, and other non-supressive cortisol control measures in PCT are very important in this regard, if indeed your concern is avoinding illness.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wash your hands! :D

ammoarsenal

ammoarsenal

Awards
  • Established
ha i got the worst case scenario on that topic... about a month ago i was 2 weeks into pct after a tren cycle.. and i got the stomach flu. i lost 10 pounds in a week. then i got better but i developed appendicitis due to the bacterial infection. a had surgery and all my gains dissappeared and then some. but im gettin them back now as i get back into the gym :)

you can pump yourself full of vitamin c, stay away from the snot nosed kids but other than that its luck of the draw. i definetly got the short end of the stick it sucks, but hey it happens.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Very interested in this post.
So what would one do if they got so sick they needed to stop?
Would you take a few days off and then start back? If so would you just take test boosters, nothing at all or full pct till you recovered?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
im running my first H-dol log right now on AM, and i caught a throat infection which has effected my whole body and feeling a bit sick overall,

im beating it pretty quickly with the use of chinese medicine and some western stuff. im pretty surprised i thought id be stuck with it the entire cycle, but things are looking great.

im avoiding all western cold medication, as im paranoid of the potential sides that may occur while on cycle.

check out my log to see how i am approaching this. keep reading, i add more weird stuff as the days go by.

i caught the cold around day 16-17

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/144255-kim-jung-il.html#post2291662

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
If you do a search from cycles pre-2004 ban you'll find most forum members took vitamin C during and off-cycle; it was automatically recommended. Even Bobo recommended it in his "Deluxe Muscle Building" program, which did not use anabolics but stressed the body enough.

Tansui

Tansui

Awards
  • Established
AX1... Is your avi/sig a joke?

RedneckDB

Awards
most steroids from what i know are immunosuppressants...I believe there are a few known exceptions

(think of the dudes that DL and scrape their shins and get blood on them)- meantime you probably use the same barbell to shrug with your bare hands.

That would be me.....but when my blood is on the bar I use the disinfectant spray + wipe it down because I would be prety pissed off if I was the next person to use that bar and it was covered in someone elses blood!

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
def. vit. C, and ive tried to get in as muc antioxidants as possible.
and let me tell you this "Garlique" ****s powerfull stuff.