cal intake

  1. Registered User
    holota18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    74

    cal intake


    if your taking an ababolic and your keep your calorie intake and the mantenance level will you start cutting or will it just have no effect? everything ive read says around 3k cal, thats like double what i usually eat if i eat mostly protein but stick my my nornal amount of calories or a little higer what will happen?

  2. Registered User
    neverstop's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    west coast
    Posts
    1,241
    Rep Power
    734

    if you're only eaking 1.5k calories a day then you have no business taking steroids.
  3. Member
    Angel of Debt's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    75

    A calorie deficit on steroids will more than likely just help you keep LBM while shedding fat. 1500 cals is like 2 meals worth of food. My god, you must look like Skeletor himself.
    •   
       

  4. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kiwi in the United States
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,171
    Rep Power
    194004

    Quote Originally Posted by holota18 View Post
    if your taking an ababolic and your keep your calorie intake and the mantenance level will you start cutting or will it just have no effect? everything ive read says around 3k cal, thats like double what i usually eat if i eat mostly protein but stick my my nornal amount of calories or a little higer what will happen?
    Depends on what compound you use. Generally, though, you would just maintain what you have; maybe even make a small recomp (it depends on the individual though).

    If you are using an anabolic why would you consume MAINTENANCE calories???

    You can't go on WHAT it GENERALLY says re calories, as everyone is different and you need to do what is right for YOU. If you want to gain lean mass, then you need to be having up to (if not MORE) than 500 calories ABOVE Maintenance levels.


    Quote Originally Posted by neverstop View Post
    if you're only eaking 1.5k calories a day then you have no business taking steroids.
    I agree. 1500 calories is too low for Maintenance, especially if one is resistance training (male OR female).
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  5. Registered User
    homer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    101
    Rep Power
    126

    and if U increase a lot your calorie intake? what happen?
    on steroid you put more mass and less fat, but what's the limit.
    example. mantainance: 3000 kcal. if you eat 4000 you put a lot of mass. but if you eat 5000, this 1000 kcal more will be FAT? or there is a better fraction of calorie used to put muscle?
    example
    500 kcal above your mantainance: approx 90% muscle
    1000 kcal above. 70% muscle 30% fat
    2000 kcal more 60-70% muscle. 30-40% fat?
    or it will be
    500 kcal above: 90% muscle
    if I go to 1000, the 500 more will be almost all fat?
    I write very bad, i hope U understand the question
    in other word i would to know if Roid improve in % the energy stored like muscle, or there is a very low limit (example 500-1000 kcal).
  6. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kiwi in the United States
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,171
    Rep Power
    194004

    Quote Originally Posted by homer View Post
    and if U increase a lot your calorie intake? what happen?
    on steroid you put more mass and less fat, but what's the limit.
    example. mantainance: 3000 kcal. if you eat 4000 you put a lot of mass. but if you eat 5000, this 1000 kcal more will be FAT? or there is a better fraction of calorie used to put muscle?
    example
    500 kcal above your mantainance: approx 90% muscle
    1000 kcal above. 70% muscle 30% fat
    2000 kcal more 60-70% muscle. 30-40% fat?
    or it will be
    500 kcal above: 90% muscle
    if I go to 1000, the 500 more will be almost all fat?
    I write very bad, i hope U understand the question
    in other word i would to know if Roid improve in % the energy stored like muscle, or there is a very low limit (example 500-1000 kcal).
    You cannot work it out like that. Each individual is different and therefore how they respond to different calorie intakes above Maintenance will be different. Everyone will have their own optimal level above Maintenance re lean gains with minimal fat and you'd have to experiment to find YOURS.

    Steroids don't increase energy stored in muscle; they CHANGE HORMONAL LEVELS to make for a more anabolic environment (simply put). I suggest that you do more personal research.


    ~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  7. Registered User
    homer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    101
    Rep Power
    126

    i don't know if I explaine it in the good way.
    I'm not a silly boy who don't research.
    Testo and some other hormone, are responsable of the different use of food in the body (t3, adrenaline response, insuline and so on).
    When I increase one (or two of this, for example Steroid + T3 or Steroid + insuline) I improve the capacity of body to utilize food to make energy or muscle mass.
    BUT IN MEDICINE...there is something who work in easy saturable way, and something who work in (only pratically) unsaturable way.
    So TESTO or ROID usually in almost 99% of body make his work in one of this way.
    I'm not considering in this (but it counts) that roid increase the capacity of work, the intensity of work and so on.
    So, i don't speak about individual. i know that some people can eat 1500 more than their mantainance and stay lean, and someone eat 400 more and get fat. but Testo or Roid work Approximally in the some way, less or more in different individual.
    And i ask if The effect of testo on calorie partitioning is very Easy to saturate (I.e 500-1000 kcal) or is effect is good even with a lot of calorie.
    ps i'm not stating that Testo have the same effect in different person
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-01-2012, 10:31 AM
  2. Fat intake
    By bsypher in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-29-2010, 11:42 AM
  3. B12 Max Intake
    By AnthonyIOSOS in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-30-2010, 01:45 PM
  4. daily fat intake
    By cmp007 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 08-15-2007, 04:28 PM
  5. fat intake?
    By dsmlinc in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-12-2005, 02:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in