Injured While On Cycle - Advice Please

H

hearno

Awards
Hi. I am currently on my 9th day of a 6 week 1T-Tren cycle. 3 days ago I either pulled a muscle or pinched a nerve. It was bad enough that 2 fingers on my right hand went numb for a few seconds, like when you hit your funny bone really hard. I went to a massage therapist and that has taken care of it for the most part. I am now letting it rest and icing/heating it. Today I also found out that I have a possibly cancerous growth in my nose and will need a small surgery to remove it. My question is.... Should I abandon my cycle and restart after health issues are fixed or am I committed at this point? Or, should I lift as much as I can when I'm able, but write off this whole cycle and continue with the 1T? I will probably miss another week in the gym around week 3 or 4, which is when 1T is really supposed to kick in... Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

ZoomZoom88

ZoomZoom88

Awards
  • Established
i dont see 9 days shutting you down that hard, id stop and run a trest booster. have your surgery and get healthy b4 you even think about running a cycle.

R

Robbo

Awards
Sounds like you have done something to your Ulnar nerve; It can get pinched in a few places along its course. The most common is probably the elbow, usually referred to as Cubital Tunnel syndrome. Other neuropathies can occur at Guyon's Canal in the hand and the C8-T1 area of the Brachial Plexus, it is also possible to squeeze it at the Arcade of Struthers which is somewhere near the Triceps, about 8~10cm proximal to the Medial Epicondyle.

I have read that heating a nerve can have adverse effects on healing, nerves heal very slowly. The paper I read involved a student using a heated blanket to try speeding the healing.

Do you remember what you were doing when you got the "electric shock" sensation in, I'm guessing, your ring and pinky?

It is also possible that your innervation is a bit different to normal so it is not totally guaranteed to be your Ulnar. Various anastomoses can make neuropathies difficult to pinpoint without conduction studies.

Your nerve might just be bruised but if it persists you may be unfortunate, like me, and on a waiting list for a nerve decompression operation :(. Definitely don't do anything that upsets it, even sleep with a towel loosely tied around your arm to keep it straight if moving your elbow produces the symptoms. I found the towel splint helped mine lots and got rid of the pins & needles and occasional numbness but an opperation is still needed to make sure it gets no worse.

Also, you don't want an adhesion if you have bruised it and the surrounding tissue so Google for Ulnar Glide exercises!

All the best.

Last edited:
N

neverstop

Awards
  • Established
i'd say cut your losses and do another cycle when youre back!

H

hearno

Awards
Robbo - you were right in that it was my pinky and ring finger that I felt the loss of feeling in. I was doing an incline bench press, and for some reason, the seat wouldnt adjust high enough so I was pushing the weight back and up against the press and then pulling it forward to get it to where I wanted it. I went to a massage therapist hoping that it was a muscle issue and I definitely feel 75% better. I went to the gym last night and had the best bicep workout ever, without any pain. I only really feel it when I turn my neck to certain places. Thanks for the replies so far. I think I'm going to continue with what I'm doing and hope for the best. Famous last words, I know.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Injury / Rehab 14
B Anabolics 18
J Weight Loss 2
S Anabolics 3
R Anabolics 6