8 weeks of EQ-Plex and Epistane with Caliphotog

caliphotog

Awards
What's up guys? Well, here it is. I was going to start my cycle on July 12th but I am feeling really good right now, my diet and training are in check and I have all my support and PCT supplements so I figured I would start today. This will be my dose schedule:

EQ-Plex
400/800/800/800/800/800/800/800

Epistane
0/0/0/30/30/30/40/40

PCT will be:

Nolva
20/20/20/20

Clomid
100/50/50/25

I was logging my pre-cycle training and nutrition, so if you want to catch up on that you can look here:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/129938-calis-3-week.html

So here was my nutrition overview from yesterday.

...and here is today (so far)

Tomorrow is a leg day and I will post the workout in the afternoon. I will also do measurements in the morning and post them along with the workout.

Thoughts

Today I took 400mg of EQ Plex. I split the dose in two. I took one at 10:00 a.m. and another at 4:00 p.m. As expected I felt nothing and I am sure it will be a little while till I do. Also, please let me know what other things you want to see listed in this log.

caliphotog

Awards
So here is a start photo. Sorry for the crud quality but I took it at 4:00 a.m. with my wife's point and shoot. I will get a little set-up going and see if I can get some proper photos up tomorrow morning.

Measurements

6'1"
194 lbs
Left Arm:13" (My arms NEVER want to grow, they are always what is lacking!)
Right Arm:13"
Waist:34"
Chest:40"
Left Quad:22"
Right Quad:22"
Left Calf:15"
Right Calf:15"
Neck:14.25"

WOW! These are pathetic, and to be honest I was very tempted to fudge the numbers cause I am quite embarrassed but in order to give you an honest and legitimate review of the products they are the real numbers. I was doing hours upon hours of MMA conditioning every week, but I stopped about 2 weeks ago and started eating big. Hopefully that should also help get those numbers up. I was probably burning through most all my calories with the conditioning.

caliphotog

Awards
Prior to starting this eating big I was eating about 300 kCal under maint. and was keeping my carbs pretty low. It is CRAZY how bloated I am since switching to this new diet just about a week ago. I was sporting a full set of abs and now just 1 week later I am hardly seeing the outline. I am hoping once the EQ-Plex kicks in it helps me with that. If not, I am sure the Epi will once it starts to do it's thing. Should I keep the diet where it is, or should I cut back a bit on the carbs?

caliphotog

Awards
Prior to starting this eating big I was eating about 300 kCal under maint. and was keeping my carbs pretty low. It is CRAZY how bloated I am since switching to this new diet just about a week ago. I was sporting a full set of abs and now just 1 week later I am hardly seeing the outline. I am hoping once the EQ-Plex kicks in it helps me with that. If not, I am sure the Epi will once it starts to do it's thing. Should I keep the diet where it is, or should I cut back a bit on the carbs?

jamjoe

Awards
subscribed.

I'm going to run EQ-Plex in a couple months for my first cycle. Hope yours goes well.

jonnyxbox22

Awards
subbed sounds like it should be a fun stack

caliphotog

Awards
7/06/09 Training

Leg Day

Back Squat - Loading 5,3,2,5,3,2 Normal Lifting Technique 215/225/235

Leg Press - Loading 6,6,6 Low Double Contraction 120lbs. per side

Hack Squat - Loading 4 sets of 5x1 cluster 5x1 cluster 100lbs. per side

Leg Extension- Loading 5,5,5 per leg 2/1 Technique 115lbs.

caliphotog

Awards
I am going to switch up my dose... I was going to run the first week of EQ-Plex at 400mg, but I am going to switch it to 600mg. I have plenty of it and I can only see benefits to starting at 600mg and going to 800mg. As opposed to 400mg/600mg/800mg

caliphotog

Awards
So I had a chance to take some better photos today, so here is what I look like at the start of this 8 weeks.

caliphotog

Awards
I am also switching around my diet. I felt like I was bloating up like crazy so I am making changes and will start the new plan tomorrow.

7/7/09
Training

Upper Body

Weighted Chin-up - Loading 8,6,6,4 Normal Technique Weight 35,40,45

Barbell Military Press - Loading 8,6,6,4 Normal Technique Weight 105, 115, 135

Medium-Grip lat pulldown, trunk leaning back 45 deg. - Loading 6,6,6 Peak Double Contraction Technique Weight 145lbs.

Incline Bench Press - Loading 6,6,6 Low Double Contraction Technique weight 135

Barbell Curl - Loading 4 sets of 5x1 cluster 5x1 Cluster Technique weight 100lbs.

Overhead dumbbell triceps extension - Loading 6,6,6 Low Double Contraction Technique weight 55lbs.

Dumbbell Shrugs - Loading 8,6,6,4 Normal lifting technique Weight 100,105,110

Workout felt good today, however nothing out of the ordinary. I don't notice anything yet from the EQ-Plex.

Libido - Average
Energy - Good

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Solid. Good base I think you're going to see some awesome gains. Sub'd.

caliphotog

Awards
Forgot to add in my earlier post that part of my training today was cardio...

10 minutes on treadmill Incline 15% Speed 3.5

then 4 minute tabata on treadmill
20 seconds (speed 7) incline 15% 10 seconds rest hop back on and repeat the on/off cycle for 4 minutes

caliphotog

Awards
Day 4 7/8/09

Off day from lifting today, but I amd going to go do some light cardio on the treadmill 15% incline Speed 3.5.

I am still taking 600mg of EQ-Plex. On Sunday that dose will go to 800mg. New diet is in play today and I will post that at the end of the day.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Your Nolva dose needs a taper...Keep it that way and you are going to be experiencing Estrogen rebound aka Gyno.

The Clomid is not needed. You do need a natty test booster though.

caliphotog

Awards
Thanks for the input! This is just the PCT I always used in the past with great success. No gyno from the Nolva rebound and didn't seem to need the natty test booster. I am very open to suggestions and recommendations however I would like some clarification.

#1) I have always heard that Clomid is faster and better at restoring HPTA function and that is why I included it and also the reason I have never used a test booster.

#2) Almost every PCT I see has Nolva run 1 of 2 ways 40/40/20/20 or 20/20/20/20 either way there is not really a true taper. I guess the first way you half the dose for the last two weeks, but even then you just end with the 20.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Doses above 20mg are seen but according to studies it isn't needed. Nolva is also hard on the liver. 20/20/10/10 is sufficient enough.

The Clomid does restore HPTA functions quicker than Tamox, but it is also a SERM. Long run (months down the road) things would not look too good. Estrogen is bound by the SERM but can still be saturated in muscle. Not to mention suppresion with 2 SERMs. Other compounds with prolactin dangers can utilize 2 SERMs together without a problem. IMO Clomid and Nolva is overkill....then again you won't know how much you need it.

Some call a Test Booster a necessary component of PCT but it's more of a state of mind thing. Makes you "feel" better. There is no way to even know how shutdown you are without a bloodtest.

Regardless this looks like a good run. Listen to your body, I can problably see you ramping up doses quicker to 40 mg and possibly ending around 50mg. You are well equipped regardless. :)

caliphotog

Awards
Awesome post! Thanks for all the info! Honestly, when explained that way it makes allot of sense. I am not the type of person to just jump into something and easily switch things up, but I promise to look more into this and will update what my choice is when the time cones. I have everything on hand, so I'm not worried. The only thing I don't have is. Test booster, and if I decide to get one NP has always been great on quick shipping! Thanks

caliphotog

Awards
Just wanted to let you guys know that this is the second night now that I am having major issues getting to sleep. I didn't think I would have any sides yet, but this is the first side I am sure is assosiated with either the EQ-Plex or the Cycle Assist which I took both nights about 30 minutes before bed. I am going to take some ZMA and Melatonan right now and hopefully that should get me to sleep.

lightemup

lightemup

Awards
  • Established
Hmmmmmm....

Sub'd

About to run an epi cycle as well. Hope you see good gains i sure will keep good watch.

caliphotog

Awards
Day 7 -- 7/11/09

So I did not update for a few days now because I really don't have much to report. I don't know how many people are actually following and I'm sure you all want to hear results and not just read about my workout and diet. Anyway, diet is still good and training is still good. Nothing to report in strength gains and no weight added as of yet. The thing I have noticed so far is that my quality of sleep is not as good as it was pre-cycle. I am having a hard time getting to sleep and am waking up multiple times through the night. Hopefully this will subside. Tomorrow is an off day and Monday is a leg day so I will report back on Monday.

Dose - 600MG EQ-Plex

jamjoe

Awards
I am having a hard time getting to sleep and am waking up multiple times through the night.
What times are you dosing the EQ-Plex? If at night, that could affect your sleep. You could try moving your last dose earlier, and see if you still have problems sleeping.

caliphotog

Awards
What times are you dosing the EQ-Plex? If at night, that could affect your sleep. You could try moving your last dose earlier, and see if you still have problems sleeping.
Last night was TERRIBLE!!! haha It took me about 1 1/2 to fall asleep and then horrible horrible nightmares about my kids and wife. Then back to sleep for a few, then up again, then asleep, then up with crazy fast heart beats. Crazy! Luckily I am not the type of person to start getting paranoid or worried so I just played through it and laughed about it. It did definately effect my workout this morning, but I still managed to add more weight to every excersise and finish strong.

jamjoe -- Last night I decided to try changing my dose schedule today. I was doing 200mg 4x a day. And that usually put my last dose at around 6:00 P.M. Today I am doing 2x 400mg and I took my first dose pre-workout at 5:00 am and am planning on taking dose #2 at 1:00 P.M. Then I will take my Cycle Assist at 5:30 P.M. Hope that helps.

Day 9 7/13/09
Yesterday I felt pretty lethargic at around 2:30 or 3:00 P.M. and I took a little 1hr nap. After that I was pretty good to go. Honestly I have not really felt any positive effects yet, just the sleep and lethargy sides. If this does not change within the next couple of days, I might just start adding in the Epistane and cutting the cycle a week or so short when my 5 Weeks of Epistane is done.

Any thoughts from you guys?

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
You can throw in some DHEA at 25-50mg to counteract the lethargy. I would keep the EQ for the longest chance you can...it's a great compound in the amount of LBM and keepable gains it yields. NOt to mention vascularity and endurance factors.

caliphotog

Awards
You can throw in some DHEA at 25-50mg to counteract the lethargy. I would keep the EQ for the longest chance you can...it's a great compound in the amount of LBM and keepable gains it yields. NOt to mention vascularity and endurance factors.
Alright... I'm gonna just push through and make this thing work the way I had it planned!! However, here is my honest review so far.

Downsides- Slight lethargy, terrible sleep (hopefully will change tonight with new dose timing), lowered endurance, no gains yet, and I feel like I am holding a ton of water. (The water retention really caught me off guard, I always heard this stuff would dry you out completely)

Upsides- Increased vascularity, no loss of libido, balls are still swinging, no mood swings, possibly slight SLIGHT increase in strength.

I am holding out hope that this cycle will take a turn for the better and I did hear that the EQ-Plex is very very slow to take effect. Hoping the end of this week will start to show some better results. I am not too worried considering it is an 8 week cycle I still have a very long way to go. Diet is feeling really really good right now. SUPER CLEAN! :food:

caliphotog

Awards
Day 10 7/14/09

Alright, well I guess I should have complained earlier cause WOW did I get results out of nowhere! haha Awesome day today! First off, switching around the dose schedule yesterday and going to 400mg twice a day and taking the last dose allot earlier in the day fixed my sleep problem. Sleep was amazing last night. Then this morning I noticed that I was not nearly as bloated as I had been feeling for the past few days. Awesome! I was off to a great start... Felt slightly lethargic in the early afternoon, but that passed quickly and I got a sudden jump start of energy around 6 p.m. My workout today was at 7:00 so that worked out nice. In the gym I felt really really good. Weight felt light and my recovery was noticeably quicker. At this point I know that the EQ-Plex is starting to work. After my training I step on the scale for the first time in a few days and HEY I'm up to 197. Started this cycle at 194. Is that even possible in a little over a week with this stuff? I guess so! Needless to say I am excited to see what is yet to come!

caliphotog

Awards
Day 14 7/18/09

Sorry I have not been updating this very much, but honestly that is just because there has not been anything great to report. I think that really good day I had a few days ago was a fluke. It is definatley not the norm. I can actually feel that my strength has increased slightly, and my weight has gone up pretty well. I am up to 201 as of this morning. That is 7lbs in a few weeks. That is great, except I can attribute most of that to my diet. Anyway... the worst part about this cycle thus far has been the lethargy! It is really terrible!! I am constantly wanting to sleep. No motivation to do anything. However, I must be honest. Once I get in the gym and start going I feel great and like I said, I feel a slight increase in strength.

So originally I was going to run the EQ-Plex solo for the first 3 weeks and then add in the Epi at the start of week 4. Well, I am now going to add in the Epi tomorrow at the start of week 3, so my EQ-Plex will still go for 8 weeks but my Epi is now going to go for 6 instead of 5. I am going to start my dose at 20mg for the first week and then go up to 30 2nd week and 40 for the last 4 weeks. I hope that the Epi helps a bit with the lethargy! I have done Epi before and I felt great on that cycle, so we will see how this goes.

caliphotog

Awards
DAY 22 7/26/09

Sorry for not updating this log often, but in all honesty this is by far the worst cycle I have ever done as far as sides are concerned. Well it is really only one side that is really getting me down, and that is the lethargy. It is terrible! All day long I feel run down and have no energy. Then 6 p.m. rolls around and I feel great. WTF? Gains are going alright, but even though my diet is super clean I am gaining more fat than I would like. Strength is gradually increasing and if it was not for that I would have ended this cycle early a few days ago. I just finished my first stacked week. 800mg EQ-Plex and 25mg Epi. This week will be 800mg EQ-Plex and 37mg Epi. The Epi I have is dosed at 12.5 mg per pill that is why the doses are weird. If I don't start seeing something amazing I think that I am going to end this cycle early and start my PCT asap.

capricekid904

Awards
some dhea could help pick u back up or atleast some sort of expresso or caffine..sorry cant spell

caliphotog

Awards
Tried DHEA up to 150mg a day, and I just added some ECA a few days ago. Both helped very minimally. Today is not as bad as the last week, but we will see how tomorrow goes. At least my strength is going up. If not, I would be done with this BS! lol This is going to be my last PH cycle for a loooong time.

capricekid904

Awards
this sucks to hear that bro ive been trying to follow your log because ill be running the same thing a week from now. any weight gain or fat loss atleast....

caliphotog

Awards
this sucks to hear that bro ive been trying to follow your log because ill be running the same thing a week from now. any weight gain or fat loss atleast....
Yes, quite a bit of weight gain. Started at 194 and the other day I was 200. I have gained some fat, but def. not 6 lbs. worth. Lifts are all going up and my arms feel a bit fuller. I am waiting to take measurements till after I am finished. I think it is going to turn out well, I just wish I didn't have to deal with this lethargy.

caliphotog

Awards
Day 25 7/29/09

Alright... Well it seems that my lethargy is slowly improving! Yesterday was good, and today was even better. Only really felt it a few times and even then it was not that bad. Only crappy thing is that I landed a travel job and I am out of town till Saturday the 1st and the gym at this hotel is TOTAL CRAP!!! Blows!!!! So anyway, I am using the time to catch up on rest and cardio while still maintaining a good amount of calories so I don't loose. Of course I am using the weights best I can, but all they have is 1 DB set that goes up to 30lbs. WTF?? Hopefully this rest will get me ready for the last 4 weeks and I will be able to knock this thing out of the park with a walk off home run! Hope this continues to go well. I'll tell you what... If I feel like this as compared to how I felt the last few weeks, this may actually turn out to be a good run!

caliphotog

Awards
Alright... Well I decided to cut the cycle short! I started getting even worse lethargy, crazy fluctuations in appetite, lack of sleep and I honestly was not feeling that "on" feeling that you usually have when on cycle. It did shut me down pretty good. Final weight was 201lbs. but I was quite a bit softer than before I started. I started my PCT 5 days ago and since then my cardio has improved, strength is no different than it was while on cycle, lethargy is improving, mood swings from Clomid BLOW but the balls are already back!!!! This is my PCT schedule Clomid for first week only 100/100/50/50/50/25/25 Nolva at 20mg ED for all 4 weeks. Cardio is improving and I am QUICKLY leaning back out and keeping the weight up. (weird) I will update in about a week.

neverstop

Awards
  • Established
so you think the EQ plex was what made you feel like shiate? i've been looking for a good oral to run that will dry me out and add vascularity, a little size would be good, and am wondering what to run. i'll be on low dose test cyp too the whole time. I wonder if you had been on some test if your lethargy would have been as bad?

caliphotog

Awards
so you think the EQ plex was what made you feel like shiate? i've been looking for a good oral to run that will dry me out and add vascularity, a little size would be good, and am wondering what to run. i'll be on low dose test cyp too the whole time. I wonder if you had been on some test if your lethargy would have been as bad?
I am positive that is I was running Test I would have felt allot better. I can definatly attribute the lethargy to a lack of my own testostorone. The Test would have obviously helped with that.

It was definatly the EQ-Plex that didn't work out for me. My body must just not like that compound. I have been on Epistane before and I felt great. This is the first PH that really really made me feel terrible. I have tried Tren, Epi, Superdrol, H Drol and now EQ-Plex. So far the EQ-Plex is the only one that sucked! Wierd too cause that is definatly supposed to be the mildest. My next cycle is goin to be either a full on AAS cycle or very tempted to stack Superdrol and Tren, considering how well Indeacted to each of thoes individually.

There is howevergood news about the gains I did get. I am over a week into PCT now and I have managed to stay at 200 while at the same time leaning out by adding my cardio back in.

swole210

swole210

Awards
  • Established
I am positive that is I was running Test I would have felt allot better. I can definatly attribute the lethargy to a lack of my own testostorone. The Test would have obviously helped with that.

It was definatly the EQ-Plex that didn't work out for me. My body must just not like that compound. I have been on Epistane before and I felt great. This is the first PH that really really made me feel terrible. I have tried Tren, Epi, Superdrol, H Drol and now EQ-Plex. So far the EQ-Plex is the only one that sucked! Wierd too cause that is definatly supposed to be the mildest. My next cycle is goin to be either a full on AAS cycle or very tempted to stack Superdrol and Tren, considering how well Indeacted to each of thoes individually.

There is howevergood news about the gains I did get. I am over a week into PCT now and I have managed to stay at 200 while at the same time leaning out by adding my cardio back in.
Damn that sucks that the EQ-Plex did not work out for you, this is one that I have my eye on if I do another run. Speaking of which, I don't think anything could beat the lethargy off of Superdrol!!! That crap makes me an effing grouchy zombie with big muscles, sore nips, and sore joints, LOL!

Ten and Sdrol?....LOOK OUT!!

caliphotog

Awards
Ten and Sdrol?....LOOK OUT!!
I hear you, however I have been fortunate with both Tren and Superdrol. I start to feel the lethargy from Superdrol at around week 4. I feel like if I stack them for 3 weeks and drop the Superdrol the last week I should be good.

MuscleFlexx

Awards
Was wondering how this cycle went for you!? Please update... just bought Ez-Plex and havent decided if I will stack with Epi 2a3a, or wait till end of summer to use the Eq-plex