New cycle advice

deaconbill

Awards
I'm starting a new cycle this week of T-1 and boldione.  I'm planning on doing GVT 3x week with aerobics 3x week.  I want to cut some of my bodyfat while gaining lean muscle mass.  Currently I'm 196 with about 14% BF.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  What calorie level should I eat at to accomplish my goals?  Thanks.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
You can only hope to gain lean mass. Its pretty impossible to cut bodyfat and gain muscle mass. I would find your BMR and eat right at that in maintainence calories each day on the days you do your cardio. And the other 4 days I would eat 500 cals below your maintainence calories to insure you losing about 1lb of bodyfat per week. Use of thermogenics, etc will help the metabolic rate at which you lose the fat.

deaconbill

Awards
Thanks YJ.  Just used the BMR calculator with 6', 196 lbs and 47 yrs old; came up with 5277.  Where do I go to find the calorie level to increase lean muscle mass at that BMR? 

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Thanks YJ.  Just used the BMR calculator with 6', 196 lbs and 47 yrs old; came up with 5277.  Where do I go to find the calorie level to increase lean muscle mass at that BMR? 
Whao..... that sounds a wee bit high brother....thats a whole lot of calories.....

deaconbill

Awards
That's why I gave you my stats.  It looked high to me, too.  Did it not calculate correctly?

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Ok brother, not sure what went wrong with the BMR calculator but I figured your's by hand twice and got 3102 both times. So this is your BMR, sounds much more reasonable huh? Thank god. Now you have to decide if you want to cut or bulk or even maintain on this cycle, then we can go from here....

deaconbill

Awards
I want to gain lean muscle on this cycle while keeping my aerobic exercise high enough to eliminate some of my fat along the way.  My main goal is to bulk, though, and keep the fat increase to a minimum.  Thanks, YJ.

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by deaconbill
...My main goal is to bulk, though, and keep the fat increase to a minimum...
Isn't that the goal everytime? ;)

Chemo

BTW, nice to see you again bro!

Evan Bageris

Evan Bageris

Awards
Why can’t he cut Bodyfat while growing. People do it naturally and often by accident all the time. He will be taking PEDS. Of course he can grow while getting leaner. I think they call it recomp.......or something to that effect. People have such low expectations. It is understandable though, there are few things in life where people arw willing to devote so much for little to nothing in return. But it doesn’t have to be that way. Our bodies are amazingly plastic. Expectation probably has a bigger effect than compounds, milligrams, length of cycle etc.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Why can’t he cut Bodyfat while growing. People do it naturally and often by accident all the time. He will be taking PEDS. Of course he can grow while getting leaner. I think they call it recomp.......or something to that effect. People have such low expectations. It is understandable though, there are few things in life where people arw willing to devote so much for little to nothing in return. But it doesn’t have to be that way. Our bodies are amazingly plastic. Expectation probably has a bigger effect than compounds, milligrams, length of cycle etc.
Brotha, while I do agree with you, this thread died a L O N G time ago.