Shaddow vs. T-Roid & P-Plex

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
What's up everyone. I'm getting ready to embark on this journey in the coming weeks, so I figured I'd get this up and leave details so you all can see what's going down.

I am a 30 year old endo, approximately 12%bf @ 190lbs. I have been working out with weights in some form since I was 14 (h.s. team sports). Started lifting on and off a bit more seriously about 10 years ago, and have been into bodybuilding for about 5-6 years.

My goal for this cycle is to look good naked. LOL. No, seriously though. I would like strength increases across the board. I'm a bit off from any PR's at the moment, but still plan to break some on this run, and improve on EVERY exercise. I'm looking to break 200 lbs for the first time in my life at about the same or slightly less bf%. And, of course, I would like to look better naked. (Seriously though.) I've been bulking since August, and will continue my bulk through PCT before beginning a cutting phase in June.

I will be consuming 5-6 meals daily, roughly 4,000kcal to start, but will not be tracking calories in too much detail this time around. My diet is strict and nutritious, and I know my body well, so I will adjust as I see fit. I'll occasionally post pics or meal breakdowns to keep it interesting.

I've been on a full body split for the past few months after taking a little time off, but I will be rotating body parts by the time I begin the anabolics. My final routine is not set in stone yet, but I will work that out in the coming weeks.

Today is day one of my preload. I am running a 2-week preload, followed by a 6 week cycle, and 4 weeks of PCT.

First, my year-round supplements:

NOW Adam multi @ 2 tablets
Gut Health @ 1 cap
Fish oil @ 9-10g
PrimaForce ZMA @ 3 caps
All The Whey Protein Isolate
NOW Super Enzymes before meals

Support supps are as follows:

Week 1-2 (Preload):
Hawthorn @ 1200mg
B-complex @ 1 cap
Anabolic Xtreme Perfect Cycle (Milk thistle, NAC, r-ALA) @ 4 tablets
C-1000 (Vitamin C) @ 4g
Policosanol @ 20mg
Saw Palmetto @ 320mg

Week 3-8 (Cycle):
Hawthorn @ 1200mg
B-complex @ 1 cap
Anabolic Xtreme Perfect Cycle @ 4 tablets
C-1000 (Vitamin C) @ 4g
Policosanol @ 20mg
Vitex @ 600mg
Saw Palmetto @ 320mg
Creatine @ 10g + Dextrose @ 50g

Week 9-12 (PCT)
Hawthorn @ 1200mg
B-complex @ 2 caps
Anabolic Xtreme Perfect Cycle @ 6 tablets
C-1000 (Vitamin C) @ 4g
Policosanol @ 20mg
Vitex @ 900mg
Saw Palmetto @ 320mg
Creatine @ 10g + Dextrose @ 50g
P.C.T Assist @ 4 caps
Diesel Test Hardcore @ 4 tablets
Tamoxifen (Nolva) @ 40/30/20/10

Week 12-15:
NutraPlanet Trione @ 4/3/2/1

And, of course, the anabolics schedule:

Week 3-8
T-Roid @ 90mg

Week 3-6:
P-Plex @ 20/20/30/30

So as you can see, I'm planning to run the T-Roid straight through at 90mg with the Phera @ 20mg to start up, bumping up to 30mg, and ending after 4 weeks. Will continue with the T-Roid for 2 more weeks (6 total), then jump into PCT. If there are any issues or complications I will stop earlier, but this is what I have planned.

I have been off of creatine for months, but will be starting creatine/dextrose when I begin my cycle because I have responded very well to it with past cycles.

I believe that's it. If anyone has any questions or comments or if you simply want to talk **** to me, please, feel free. :D

Cycle begins Friday, March 27!!

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
a t-roid and p-plex stack? this will be interesting. i'm also very curious as to how the t-roid treats you - i've heard rumors its wet, which doesn't make sense given the compound. oh, subbed.

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
Im subbed for my buddy.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
What's up bud, I haven't seen you around in awhile. I hope everything is going well for you. Subbed.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm in as well. Looks like an interesting cycle, brother. Good luck! :)

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Well, I guess if I would subscribe to my own thread I'd know when people replied. :poke:

Thanks for dropping by, it's great to have the rest of you guys along! :):thanks:

Let's see... I updated post #1 with a little bit more info.

To be honest with you, I was kinda gonna half ass this log, but I see now that I won't be able to, and I kinda owe it to the community not to, so thanks a lot for not letting me be lazy, guys!! :rant: J/k. :laugh:

Training... I think I've finally landed on the training style I will be using for this cycle. After much thought I've decided to give DC training (or my version of it) a shot. I've been at this for over 10 years and I've never given it a try, and I'm just getting off a full body routine so I figured what better time?!

As I mentioned earlier, I had been on a full body split for about 2 months, though traditionally I have trained on splits like chest & biceps, legs & arms, back & triceps.. Those who know me also know that I have traditionally been a big time over-trainer, so this low volume high intensity stuff is quite different than what I'm used to. I've spent this past week getting an idea of where I am strength-wise, and will continue that next week. This should be interesting. I'm actually really looking forward to this. :D

Here is my *tentative* detailed routine, as of this morning:

FYI:

* Workouts will be 3x/week with a rest day (cardio & abs, if I ever get around to it ;)) in between.
* My entire body will be split over 2 days
* Only 3 different groups of exercises for each body part, but I will only work ONE exercise per body part per workout
* 2-3 warm-up sets, 1 working set, with 2 rest pauses
* No rest pauses for quads, back thickness, and forearms.
* Deep stretching immediately after training
* That's it!

'A' workouts will consist of: chest, shoulders, triceps, back width, back thickness

'B' workouts will consist of: biceps, forearms, calves, hamstrings, quads

A1
flat db press
db shoulder press
dips
wide-grip pulldowns
db rows

B1
db curls
reverse bb curls
sled toe press
lying leg curls
hack squat

A2
incline bench press
bb overhead press
smith reverse-grip decline bench
close-grip pulldowns
deadlifts

B2
bb curls
hammer curls
seated calf raises
seated leg curls
ATG squats

A3
incline db flies
bb shoulder press
bent-over cable triceps extensions
pull-ups
cable rows

B3
preacher curls
reverse-grip cable curls
single-leg calf raises
sumo deadlifts
sled press

Repeat!

I think that's all I've got for right now. One more week of preloading to go!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds VERY similar to my old routine. I loved it! Have fun.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the support, fellas.

Let's get this thing kicking!
I know, I've got all these pill bottles lined up just waiting... It's killing me. LOL.

So here's what I'm thinking. My first day on will be a Friday (For reasons beyond my control I had to do it this way). I am still doing strength assessments this coming week, so instead of cutting them short and beginning my routine on a Friday improperly rested, I will continue the assessments on Friday, and start my routine on Monday, which will be my 4th day on. Not ideal imo, but I think this will be easiest for me for my own sanity's sake.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's actually nice. I like to load hormones for a couple days (I usually start them on a Saturday) and then start up training on a Monday. I've never used CEL's P-Plex, but I used AX's original Phera-Plex. That was the BEST oral hormone I've EVER used. Strength and size were amazing...I used a clone once after that and didn't get any gains from it. Last time I did that for PP. Maybe I should try someone elses.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Well I've never loaded a compound, but it makes sense. I've always kinda liked seeing if I could notice anything on day one, but anytime that it did, who knows - it could easily have been placebo.

I remember you telling me that about the phera, which only adds to my anticipation. I can't wait to get this rolling!! :D

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good luck, bud. If you bulk as effectively as you cut, it's going to be stupid. I'm subbed like an absent teacher.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, V.

I'll put up some pics later this week, guys. :)

I'm meeting the gf at the gym tonight to train her, so I'll probably workout right after I finish with her. Tonight I think I'm gonna give deadlifts a go. I've never done straight up deads before (only sumos), but I think I wanna give it a shot cuz I'd like to incorporate them in my routine.

* For those who don't already know, I have a prior spinal injury (slipped disc, slipped vertebrae, and fracture @ L3) as well as multiple knee operations on both knees which has limited me at times. I still get a stiff back and sciatica at times, and I have arthritis in my knees and they ache a lot. At 17 after a car accident in which I destroyed my knees, my doctors told me I would never play sports again. I played h.s. baseball the following spring. I had my spinal injury at 20, and was told I would never be able to do perform squats or deadlifts again. I guess I just don't listen very well.

So with squats and deads my numbers are generally pretty low, and I do feel the added stress in my back and knees, but I focus on slow and controlled reps. I just did my first set of widowmakers on Friday and they were absolutely brutal! I loved it! :D

I was doing sumos a few months back and I noticed that the first thing to give was generally my grip. Maybe I should plan out my forearm exercises specifically to help with my grip for deads... Volcom (or anyone else) - any suggestions on specific exercises for that? Right now I've got: reverse bb curls, hammer curls, and reverse grip cable curls.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, V.

I'll put up some pics later this week, guys. :)

I'm meeting the gf at the gym tonight to train her, so I'll probably workout right after I finish with her. Tonight I think I'm gonna give deadlifts a go. I've never done straight up deads before (only sumos), but I think I wanna give it a shot cuz I'd like to incorporate them in my routine.

* For those who don't already know, I have a prior spinal injury (slipped disc, slipped vertebrae, and fracture @ L3) as well as multiple knee operations on both knees which has limited me at times. I still get a stiff back and sciatica at times, and I have arthritis in my knees and they ache a lot. At 17 after a car accident in which I destroyed my knees, my doctors told me I would never play sports again. I played h.s. baseball the following spring. I had my spinal injury at 20, and was told I would never be able to do perform squats or deadlifts again. I guess I just don't listen very well.

So with squats and deads my numbers are generally pretty low, and I do feel the added stress in my back and knees, but I focus on slow and controlled reps. I just did my first set of widowmakers on Friday and they were absolutely brutal! I loved it! :D

I was doing sumos a few months back and I noticed that the first thing to give was generally my grip. Maybe I should plan out my forearm exercises specifically to help with my grip for deads... Volcom (or anyone else) - any suggestions on specific exercises for that? Right now I've got: reverse bb curls, hammer curls, and reverse grip cable curls.
volcolm told me to hold the heaviest db's in my gym as long as i could.

i took it a step further and i hold 2 45's in each hand by the ridges on the tops (they're the solid iron ones)

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
volcolm told me to hold the heaviest db's in my gym as long as i could.

i took it a step further and i hold 2 45's in each hand by the ridges on the tops (they're the solid iron ones)
The gym I was at earlier tonight had 150's. I should have done it there. I'll do it at my gym tonight but ours only go to 140. I don't know if I could do 2 plates in each hand. With my luck I'll drop one on each toe.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
I trained the gf earlier this evening and decided to do a little work while I was there. I hit chest for flat db presses and incline db flies. I went up to 90 x 8 + 4 + 3 and 75 x 7 + 3 + 3 respectively. My max db press is 110 x 6 in November, so I'd like to get back around there. My max incline db fly is 75 x 8 (also in November), so I have a feeling I'll be passing that one real soon.

I'm gonna go in and do some deads in about an hour or so, but first I've gotta do a little grocery shopping. I've got a bunch of grilling to do tomorrow! :food: :food: :food:

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
i wish i could hit those DB numbers. great job shaddow :)

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you still seeing that girl you were with a while back?

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
my db's only go up to 100.

i learned about the 45's pretty much from laziness cuz i was unloading the bar and our weight stacks are a ways from our benches and what not...(retarded :() and i filled up both hands and by the time i got there my fore arms had such an intense burn i just stood there untill the plates slipped out of my hands.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Went back to the gym for deads. Ouch. I only did like 4 sets, but they hurt. 135 x 12, 185 x 10, 225 x 7, and 275 x 1. My lumbar tightened up on that last set so I stopped after 1 rep. Not too horrible (well, imo at least) for my first time doing deadlifts.

After that I did some forearm stuff. Picked up the barbell @ 225 and just held it in my grip for as long as I could. Then I went down to 185 and did 3 more sets of barbell holds supersetted with hammer curls, but back to back to back to back... Hammer curls @ 25, 35, and 50. Then ended with 3 sets of reverse-grip bb curls @ 65#. I was spent.

I'll probably take the day off tomorrow but might go do some cardio and ab work if I'm not feeling too lazy.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
i wish i could hit those DB numbers. great job shaddow :)
Thanks, bro. It's kinda funny though cuz for about 7 years I trained exclusively with db's, so when I first started doing bb movements early last fall my numbers were pathetic. (Well, they're still pretty pathetic right now. :p) Usually when you see someone pushing those kind of db numbers they're putting up at least 225 on the bb. I doubt I can even incline press 185 atm. :stick:

Are you still seeing that girl you were with a while back?
Yessir. Same one. :) It's been about 5 months. I'd been doing a fullbody routine with her the past ~2 months. We're on different routines now, but she's still avid about the gym and I still go in and encourage her and show her everything I can. She loves squats. :D She's picking up everything and learning nutrition, and we cook together and plan healthy meals out and stuff. It's a really positive and healthy relationship. She's awesome. :)

my db's only go up to 100.

i learned about the 45's pretty much from laziness cuz i was unloading the bar and our weight stacks are a ways from our benches and what not...(retarded :() and i filled up both hands and by the time i got there my fore arms had such an intense burn i just stood there untill the plates slipped out of my hands.
LOL. Nice. Sounds painful!! :scared:

:D

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
Went back to the gym for deads. Ouch. I only did like 4 sets, but they hurt. 135 x 12, 185 x 10, 225 x 7, and 275 x 1. My lumbar tightened up on that last set so I stopped after 1 rep. Not too horrible (well, imo at least) for my first time doing deadlifts.

After that I did some forearm stuff. Picked up the barbell @ 225 and just held it in my grip for as long as I could. Then I went down to 185 and did 3 more sets of barbell holds supersetted with hammer curls, but back to back to back to back... Hammer curls @ 25, 35, and 50. Then ended with 3 sets of reverse-grip bb curls @ 65#. I was spent.

I'll probably take the day off tomorrow but might go do some cardio and ab work if I'm not feeling too lazy.
good work on the deads.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
Yessir. Same one. :) It's been about 5 months. I'd been doing a fullbody routine with her the past ~2 months. We're on different routines now, but she's still avid about the gym and I still go in and encourage her and show her everything I can. She loves squats. :D She's picking up everything and learning nutrition, and we cook together and plan healthy meals out and stuff. It's a really positive and healthy relationship. She's awesome. :)
um...where can i find me a girl like that???

my last ex didn't even want me in the gym....

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
um...where can i find me a girl like that???

my last ex didn't even want me in the gym....
I am a strong believer in that when the time is right you will both find each other. Don't go out on a steady mission to find Miss Right, cuz when you are actively pursuing you tend to lower your standards in an attempt to fill the position. At the same time, when you find something that is worth holding onto, HOLD ON.

Trust me, it took a lot of bad relationships, mistakes, and soul-searching to find one that truly works and is special. And even though I've only been with her for 5 months, it's a very mature relationship and we both know that it's special.

If I can give you some honest advice from my experiences, it's this: Just keep living your life in an attempt to improve yourself, and one day before you know it, it'll all just happen. :) You are young. You've got a lot of living yet to do, my friend. Enjoy it. :)

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Oh, I just remembered that I forgot to mention something. So today when I went to the gym to train the gf and decided on doing some chest work, I wasn't actually planning to lift, so I left my gloves at home, but decided to workout without them. What's the big deal, right? Well, that was the first time I'd ever done that. I've been meaning to do something about my glove use -- I hate that I rely on them to workout. I remember when I was like 24 a buddy of mine asking me if I wanted to go to the gym with him and I told him I couldn't cuz I didn't have my gloves. I always think back to that day and I'm like, "Man, what a weak ass, pussy excuse for not lifting."

So when I went back to the gym again in the evening I did all my deads with gloves, but took them off for the bb holds, and the forearm work. I feel like I might wake up with blisters tomorrow, but **** it. I'm gonna keep taking the gloves off for a few exercises here and there and try to build up some calluses. I'm hoping to drop the gloves completely in the coming months. :)

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am a strong believer in that when the time is right you will both find each other. Don't go out on a steady mission to find Miss Right, cuz when you are actively pursuing you tend to lower your standards in an attempt to fill the position. At the same time, when you find something that is worth holding onto, HOLD ON.

Trust me, it took a lot of bad relationships, mistakes, and soul-searching to find one that truly works and is special. And even though I've only been with her for 5 months, it's a very mature relationship and we both know that it's special.

If I can give you some honest advice from my experiences, it's this: Just keep living your life in an attempt to improve yourself, and one day before you know it, it'll all just happen. :) You are young. You've got a lot of living yet to do, my friend. Enjoy it. :)
Agreed on all fronts, especially the part about lowering your standards to desperately fill the position. Been there, done that. That seeking mindset also makes you blind or in denial of obvious red flags.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
SAAAWEEEET!!!! A SHADDOW LOG!!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh, I just remembered that I forgot to mention something. So today when I went to the gym to train the gf and decided on doing some chest work, I wasn't actually planning to lift, so I left my gloves at home, but decided to workout without them. What's the big deal, right? Well, that was the first time I'd ever done that. I've been meaning to do something about my glove use -- I hate that I rely on them to workout. I remember when I was like 24 a buddy of mine asking me if I wanted to go to the gym with him and I told him I couldn't cuz I didn't have my gloves. I always think back to that day and I'm like, "Man, what a weak ass, pussy excuse for not lifting."

So when I went back to the gym again in the evening I did all my deads with gloves, but took them off for the bb holds, and the forearm work. I feel like I might wake up with blisters tomorrow, but **** it. I'm gonna keep taking the gloves off for a few exercises here and there and try to build up some calluses. I'm hoping to drop the gloves completely in the coming months. :)
I've been ditching my lifting straps more and more. I cranked out all my BB Hacks today without straps. It felt sahhweeeet. Forearms were pumped way up.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
So yesterday I decided to go in and do some light cardio and core work.

By "light cardio", I mean 5 minutes on a stationary bike. :D

I'm honestly not too worried about cardio atm. I'll be doing more and more of it over the course of the next few months, and I'll be performing all out cardio sessions before June for sure.

Did some sit ups, twisting sit-ups, 45-degree back extensions, knee raises, hit the Ab Coaster, and called it a day.

Funny thing is my lumbar was still troubling me from those deads the day before, but after my core work it felt fine. Woke up this morning and I feel great.

I've been COMPLETELY neglecting my core since about July, when I was still on my last cut. Back then I was doing back extensions with a 45# plate, and sit ups on a decline bench with a 120# db on my chest. Right now I am struggling to do them unweighted. LOL. So I've got a good ways to go with this. Hopefully I can get in some good cardio/core sessions in the coming weeks. I would definitely like to go in at least twice a week. We'll see how it all works out.

2 more days 'til I start this stack, and 5 more days til my first DC workout!!

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
So yesterday I decided to go in and do some light cardio and core work.

By "light cardio", I mean 5 minutes on a stationary bike. :D

I'm honestly not too worried about cardio atm. I'll be doing more and more of it over the course of the next few months, and I'll be performing all out cardio sessions before June for sure.

Did some sit ups, twisting sit-ups, 45-degree back extensions, knee raises, hit the Ab Coaster, and called it a day.

Funny thing is my lumbar was still troubling me from those deads the day before, but after my core work it felt fine. Woke up this morning and I feel great.

I've been COMPLETELY neglecting my core since about July, when I was still on my last cut. Back then I was doing back extensions with a 45# plate, and sit ups on a decline bench with a 120# db on my chest. Right now I am struggling to do them unweighted. LOL. So I've got a good ways to go with this. Hopefully I can get in some good cardio/core sessions in the coming weeks. I would definitely like to go in at least twice a week. We'll see how it all works out.

2 more days 'til I start this stack, and 5 more days til my first DC workout!!
haha our light cardio days are the same.

i always start off 5 minutes on the tread to get the blood flowing then i lift...then i'm like should i do cardio...naw i did it before i lifted ;)

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
haha our light cardio days are the same.

i always start off 5 minutes on the tread to get the blood flowing then i lift...then i'm like should i do cardio...naw i did it before i lifted ;)
I'm not proud of it. :p I have a tendency to neglect cardio and abdominal work when I'm not cutting in an attempt to show abs. I'm trying to work on that though. :D

I used to do the 5-minute cardio thing for a warm-up, but I switched over to this about a month or so ago:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI_MzRbZDJ8"]YouTube - Rotator Cuff Exercise Routine For Rotator Cuff Injury[/ame]

I'll also usually do a little light stationary bike work as a warm-up before starting legs.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Went into the gym tonight and did some back, triceps, and biceps exercises.

Got up to 150 on wide-grip lat pulldowns for 10, 6, 5. Got up to 100# for 10 reps on db rows. My max is 110 x 6, so I have a feeling I might pass that on this run. :D

For triceps I did triceps extensions @ 150#, but that was a bit too high, so I dropped to 140 for my 2 rest pauses. 8 (kinda ugly) reps @ 150, 6 and 6 @ 140. Then I did close-suicide-grip decline Smith presses, but I honestly didn't feel them in my tris as much as I thought I would. I hit 225 for 12, 8, 6, but it really felt like all delts and upper pecs. I think I'll end up switching that exercise out for something else. I don't even know where I got that suggestion from.

Biceps I only did one exercise which was db curls. Got up to 50 x 6, but again, it was a bit heavy. Finished off my rest-pauses at 45 for 6 and 5 reps.

I'll probably head in to the gym again tomorrow for another cardio/core session.

Tonight I'm having my last beer for at least 10 weeks, probably 14 as I am planning to go on a cut after PCT.

Two more days!

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
I'm not proud of it. :p I have a tendency to neglect cardio and abdominal work when I'm not cutting in an attempt to show abs. I'm trying to work on that though. :D

I used to do the 5-minute cardio thing for a warm-up, but I switched over to this about a month or so ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI_MzRbZDJ8

I'll also usually do a little light stationary bike work as a warm-up before starting legs.
actually i do this too haha... not quite his routine but a huge guy in the gym used to do something like this and i asked him why and he said it helps with his shoulders so i started doing it...imitating the huge guys :)

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Sorry that I didn't find your thread earlier. Thx for the invite and I will be following along. This cycle should be killer with your body type and work ethic. I can't wait to see where you end up.

I read you post about your back injury. I am fighting through mine right now. After it was better how long before you trusted it? I am worried that I woll be too hesitant to go heavy on deadlifts and squats again.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Went into the gym tonight and did some back, triceps, and biceps exercises.

Got up to 150 on wide-grip lat pulldowns for 10, 6, 5. Got up to 100# for 10 reps on db rows. My max is 110 x 6, so I have a feeling I might pass that on this run. :D

For triceps I did triceps extensions @ 150#, but that was a bit too high, so I dropped to 140 for my 2 rest pauses. 8 (kinda ugly) reps @ 150, 6 and 6 @ 140. Then I did close-suicide-grip decline Smith presses, but I honestly didn't feel them in my tris as much as I thought I would. I hit 225 for 12, 8, 6, but it really felt like all delts and upper pecs. I think I'll end up switching that exercise out for something else. I don't even know where I got that suggestion from.

Biceps I only did one exercise which was db curls. Got up to 50 x 6, but again, it was a bit heavy. Finished off my rest-pauses at 45 for 6 and 5 reps.

I'll probably head in to the gym again tomorrow for another cardio/core session.

Tonight I'm having my last beer for at least 10 weeks, probably 14 as I am planning to go on a cut after PCT.

Two more days!
Nice work on the Db Rows, when you out grow your gym's Db capacity, you'll have to move to the Smith to do your one arm rows. There's no limit on how much you can take them suckers! :head:

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
Nice work on the Db Rows, when you out grow your gym's Db capacity, you'll have to move to the Smith to do your one arm rows. There's no limit on how much you can take them suckers! :head:
freakin sweet idea...

i never would of thought of that i just started doing more reps then gave up all together and stuck to close grip t-bar rows.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Sorry that I didn't find your thread earlier. Thx for the invite and I will be following along. This cycle should be killer with your body type and work ethic. I can't wait to see where you end up.

I read you post about your back injury. I am fighting through mine right now. After it was better how long before you trusted it? I am worried that I woll be too hesitant to go heavy on deadlifts and squats again.
Thanks, bro. Good to have you!

I'm not trying to make you nervous or anything, but man, my back has been a constant issue for the past 10 years. When it first happened I was pretty ****ed up. I mean, come on, my back was broken! I was on bed rest eating oxycontins and valiums like it was candy, and then I had months of physical therapy. I actually didn't really even start doing deads and squats until the past year cuz I was always so scared about what my doctors told me.

To be completely honest with you, I think I'll eventually need that NuVasive surgery on my back, like Nate Quarry and Tito Ortiz had. If I stand up straight and lift my right knee up high and bring it back down, you can hear a 'pop' in my lumbar every time. It's like one of my vertebrae is loose and moves from side to side or something.

I don't think your issue is this severe though. Just be smart with it.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Well the db's at my gym go to 140, so I've still got a ways to go. :stick:

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, bro. Good to have you!

I'm not trying to make you nervous or anything, but man, my back has been a constant issue for the past 10 years. When it first happened I was pretty ****ed up. I mean, come on, my back was broken! I was on bed rest eating oxycontins and valiums like it was candy, and then I had months of physical therapy. I actually didn't really even start doing deads and squats until the past year cuz I was always so scared about what my doctors told me.

To be completely honest with you, I think I'll eventually need that NuVasive surgery on my back, like Nate Quarry and Tito Ortiz had. If I stand up straight and lift my right knee up high and bring it back down, you can hear a 'pop' in my lumbar every time. It's like one of my vertebrae is loose and moves from side to side or something.

I don't think your issue is this severe though. Just be smart with it.
crazy crap.

makes me feel like a pansy for complaining about my lower back pumps on dead's day.