The Definitive 1-T Solo Log

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
Ha. The egotistical title aside, I've decided to log a solo run with 1-T, to put it to a definitive test. There's been some considerable drama both here and on other boards about this product, and I must say I am hopeful but a bit skeptical, so one way or another I will find out if this stuff works or not, for sure. Hence the title. I'm not saying others' solo 1-T logs (notably johnnyq great log) aren't doing the job, it's just that I feel I can address virtually every concern the doubters have as to the efficacy of the product. So how can I be so sure? Read on...

1) It will be solo, 6-week run. Nothing stacked with it, so any gains will be soley attributable to the 1-T.

2) This will be my third PH/DS use ever, and the first in several years, so my receptors are clean and I should respond well. Additionally, my only other PH experience was with... 1-AD! So I know exactly how I should respond to this product, including sides.

3) I am a very experienced lifter, so there can't be any claims of newbie gains, placebo effect, working extra hard, and other such nonsense to attribute to any gains I may have.

4) I will be measuring the effectiveness of this product a little differently than everyone else is.

5) I will be maximizing this run in terms of diet and support supps, so there can be no claims of not eating enough or other crap.

OVERALL GOALS

A) To break my PRs in bench, deadlift, and push press, which will likely mean...
B) A LBM increase of 7-10 lbs, a minimum of 75% of which is kept. Finally...
C Achieve 20" cold, flexed arms (not bloody likely but we'll see).

Those are the Cliff Notes, here are the details:

1.1) Self-explanatory. Solo run, 6 weeks, no other anabolics. I originally planned on popping my methyl cherry and stacking Epistane, but considering the aforementioned drama, this will be my present to the AM community - an unbiased solo 1-T run by an experienced lifter. Merry Christmas.

2.1) I ran the old Ergo 1-AD solo way back in 2003 with very solid results. I don't really remember all the details, but I do remember it was very effective. I used it kind of as a recomp in that I did a lot of cardio at the time. I shed fat and got stronger at the same time, so it worked. I ran it again stacked with 4-AD in the fall of 2004 with great results. I do remember most of the details here; some are below. I also remember that I started shedding a little hair in week 4, my BP was elevated some (towards the end), and acne was also noticeably more prevalent (starting week 3ish or so). Since 1-T is supposed to mimic a 4-ad/1-AD stack, I expect to see similar this time around.

3.1) See below.

Background and Stats: Lifting pretty hard for a total of about 10 years. I don't count 4 years of HS lifting b/c of ignorance/injuries that caused me to virtually waste the most anabolic years of my life. I also took a year and a 1/2 off that covered the end of 2004 through April 2006 for various reasons. Stats (as 1-rep maxes), all numbers are 100% raw save a belt on squat and push press:

Lift---------PR---------Current
Bench-----410--------385
Squat-----570(est, 515x3)--475?
Deadlift-----605--------585
Push press--315--------295 (est, 275x3)

All the PR numbers except the deadlift were also attained 100% naturally, i.e. before any PH usage. This is important because in 3 of the 4 lifts, I am currently at a stage where I am within striking distance of my old PRs, so a true 1-AD run should do the trick (see 4.1 below). Squat is the weak link right now, as I've had a nagging hip injury that wouldn't go away. Seriously, for maybe 8 months, every time I'd start to go heavy again, the damn thing would flare up. It finally seems to have healed, so I am planning on squatting heavy again. But as muscle memory will play a much greater role in any squat increases, these (if they happen) can't be reagrded as solely the work of the 1-T.

4.1) Everyone always seems to measure a PF/DSs effectiveness by how much weight they gain. IMO, this can be misleading. Too many variables come into play with weight gain. I will go into further detail if needed. I personally think it does need to be measured, but only alongside subsequent strength gains. Think about this for a sec. If someone truly gains 10-15 lbs of LBM on cycle, they should be noticeably stronger across the board if they are working out hard and eating. 10-15 lbs of muscle is a LOT. If it's truly muscle you would have no choice but to be stronger. So that is how I measure things. If I get noticeably stonger, alongside weight gains, I will know the product is working.

To illustrate, when I ran the 1-AD/4-AD stack in '04, I ran it for a pure mass phase, and I was attempting to make a run at a new bench PR after a period of maintenance lifting. I started at around a max of 365 and, while I did not break my PR, I did equal it after a mere 5-week run. 45 lbs in 5 weeks - yes, some may point to muscle memory as part of it, but I was still in pretty good shape, and there was NO WAY I was putting 45 lbs on my bench in 5 weeks without it. That's coming from the horse's mouth. I also had similar gains squatting and in ancillary exercises (wasn't deadlifting at the time). And the weight gain? 9.5 lbs in 5 weeks.

Simply gaining weight with no concurrent increase in strength suggests to me that the weight sure ain't muscle. So I will be tracking both very closely.

5.1) It's the holidays, I'm already fairly soft at the moment, I have a big cut planned for Feb... what does this all add up to? BIG eating to maximize this cycle. I will make sure that a lack of food and/or protein does not sabotage this run. This is strictly a mass cycle. I will also list my support supps on Day 1, which will further illustrate what I'm doing to maximize the cycle.

Let's see, anything else? Oh yeah,

Pics: I will reserve a page for before/after pics if I feel they are warranted.

Disclaimer: Despite my seeming defense of PP in the bb.com thread (I posted as Maximus), I am in NO WAY affiliated with PP and this will be a 100% truthful and unbiased log, good or bad. Like I said, it the product doesn't work, I'll be contacting Eric for a refund. But I hope to hell it works, and as I've laid out, I'm the perfect candidate to find out.

I think that's it. This is my first log ever on any board. I hope I'm not talking to myself for 6 weeks, so if you're interested in the log sub it up. I'm not really well-known here (I post on another board more regularly), but I hope I have/will provide enough info to help some people out in their decision. I welcome any questions and also input from Eric and Heat Miser along the way, as they represent the diametric opposites in this discussion. :welcome: Someone will be proven right in 6 weeks.

ALmost forgot - PCT is still up in the air. I have a SERM on hand, plus OTC AIs and various other OTC PCT products, but this was all based on a 1-T/Epi stack. So I'm kind of leaning towards this - if I make the gains I should on a 1-AD product, I will run the SERM and the full PCT protocol. But if this stuff doesn't work, I probably will half-ass it and npt waste an expensive SERM and just use OTC stuff. So, um, I'm really hoping I have to use the SERM.

Last word - I start tomorrow. Day 1 will be 12/16/08.

-Dragon

Last edited:
UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
This looks really good! Very well thought out, you've got everything covered and as you said you're in a prime position to test this stuff. You're already big too man, nice #s and best of luck in shattering the PRs! In 6 weeks it's very possible, you are already very close on the bench

so i'll be followin'

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
you do sound like you got this covered and I agree with you strength is a big indicator

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
@ Unreal - Thanks man, I sure hope I do. We'll soon find out. Glad to have you aboard. EDIT - just saw your log, you're looking pretty big yourself, and much leaner than me. I will be following.

@ mixedup - I like that you are here as well, I want as many skeptics as I do "believers". LOL. I hope you follow it.

I forgot one other thing - measurements. I will measure tonight and update the first page tomorrow when I kick this off.

-Dragon

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
Reserved

1-T Solo Run: Final Review

Better late than never. I have a lot to say, but little time to say it in, so I think I'll just post changes in weight, measurements, etc, then review the product on a category by category basis.

First, my goals heading into the cycle:

A) To break my PRs in bench, deadlift, and push press, which will likely mean... CHECK. See chart below.
B) A LBM increase of 7-10 lbs, a minimum of 75% of which is kept. CHECK. I held the weight through the first week and a 1/2 of PCT, but started to lose weight around then. However, this is by design as I will be cutting. Strength (my indicator of choice) has been great throughout; I haven't lost anything there. Finally...
C) Achieve 20" cold, flexed arms (not bloody likely but we'll see). MISS. Oh well, you can't have everything, and I never really figured this would happen anyway, just kind of threw it in there. See below.

Lift---------PR---------Current---------New
Bench-----410--------385---------------415
Squat-----570(est, 515x3)--475?----(Hit 405x10 3 days into PCT; = 540 using 1RM calc.
Deadlift-----605--------585--------------615
Push press--315--------295 (est, 275x3)---335(est, 295x4)

Starting weight: 259
Ending weight: 267.5 (+8.5 lbs)

Final Measurements:

Neck, 20.5", +0.5 inches
R arm, 19.75", +0.25
L arm, 19.25, +0.25
L Quad, 29.5", +0.5
R Quad, just about 29", +1
Chest, 52.5, +0.5
Waist, 40.25, +0.75

Didn't really move at all from last measure except chest, but still some decent gains.

Now for the 1-T product review. Quick note of explanation: I'll be using 6 categories and rate 1-T on a scale of 1-10, 10 being best. The standard will be all legal OTC products based upon what I know/have heard about them. For example, Superdrol is generally regarded as the best OTC product for absolute strength, so that would be a 10. H-drol and Tren are considered very effective at reducing bodyfat, so they would be highly rated in that category, and so on.

Strength: 7 It's not Superdrol but it isn't meant to be either. It took me a full 6 weeks to break my PRs, and testing at the 3-week mark was not as good as expected, but in the end I did break them.

Muscular Endurance: 6 I'm a little torn on how to rate this. In the gym my endurance was great; however, I think I may have pushed a little too hard relying on the recovery capacity of the product, and that lead to the poor results in week 3 testing. IOW, I think running 1-T and planning a period of overreaching for the run might be expecting too much. I'm referring to rest time here, not necessarily volume. If I did it again, I would still use fairty high volume, but I would incorporate normal rest.

Muscle Growth (new LBM): 8 Adding weight is only good if it's muscle; I think the vast majority of what I added was muscle, as evidenced by the new PRs and the fact that my strength hasn't diminished during PCT.

Fat Loss: 5 Tough to gauge because I was running a supp concurrently that was supposed to help with body comp, but I will say this: I ate a TON on cycle and, other than an increase in waist size around the holidays, I didn't seem to get any fatter, even though I was definitely in a caloric surplus every day. I don't necessarily think the product burns fat per se, but like any decent anabolic it allows greater caloric consumption that is used to build muscle, not fat. That, plus the fact that after I added the AI I seemed to lose a lot of water weight, means the gains I had were all pretty lean.

Side Effects: 8 There were 2 and really only 2: back pumps and the gyno scare/nipple sensitivity. I am probably prone to gyno from puberty, so if anyone is in the same boat, I strongly recommend an on-cycle AI. Reversitol from I-Force was awesome for me. Back pumps were manageable, and went away after week 3-4 I believe. Also, suppression was minimal, and probably would have been negligible had I done one thing differently (see below). But to see good results with NO BP issues, NO liver toxicity... pretty damn good.

Cost Effectiveness: 6 Yes, 1-T is pricey compared to other OTC products. For myself, having to add in an AI made it even more so. However, you pay for innovation, and seeing solid results with very little health concerns, in my mind, more than makes up for the cost.

OVERALL: 9 Looking at the individual grades, you may wonder how I came up with an overall score of 9. Well, this is a case where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. I ran 1-T for 6 weeks, and in that time A) broke all 3 PRs I wanted to; B) added 8.5 lbs, almost all of it likely muscle; C) Increased my measurements across the board; and D) experienced very few health concerns/side effects (once I got the nips under control). That, to me, = 1 great cycle.

If I Could Do It All Over Again...

...what would I do differently?

1) No application to the balls. While it didn't end up harming my recovery, I think it contributed to more atrophy than needed. I stopped applying there sometime more than halfway through, and I didn't lose anything. Next time, I'll stick to the back, arms, and chest.

2) Rest. As in, rest as usual. 1-T is mild but very effective. It's not such a potent product that you can train heavy for high volume day after day and keep rest to a minimum. I would not change anything from my routine next time in terms of recovry days.

3) Run an AI. Already been covered.

4) Up the dose (run 6 pumps/day from the beginning). I bumped the dose about halfway through, and lo and behold I ended up recovering from my poor mid-cycle testing and hitting PRs at the end. Additionally, I seemed to experience great gains the first 2 weeks, which then tapered off until I upped the dose. I think the combination of tweaking my rest and the increase in dose was the difference. For smaller guys, I think 5 pumps should do fine, but for bigger people, maybe 230-250+, I think 6 pumps are needed.

All in all, an excellent product, but don't expect ridiculous Superdrol-like gains in a few short weeks, buuuuut there's also no crazy SD toxicity. The product is more of a slow-and-steady, but it works and the gains are keepable. I will almost certainly be using it again, now that I know what it does, but next time I will probably stack it with a milder methyl like Epi, or maybe the new AN designer if the logs like it. Maybe this summer after the cut... already getting excited just thinking about it... :banana:

If there are any questions, PM me, as I probably will not be on the site regularly for a while (busy season). To everyone who checked in, thanks for following along. I hope everyone enjoyed the log, learned a little someting, and most of all took away an unbiased review of the product from a fairly experienced lifter.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Good to see a pure solo run with nothing added...

Just a question, as I was somewhat confused. You say that you have been lifting 10 years + 4 years of HS that you do not count (so actually 14 overall), or you have been lifting 10 years total but only 6 "good" years (which does not include the 4 yrs of hs)

Oh, and how old are you bro'?

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey dragon your too late I'M doing the definitive log! :D
jk .....I am with you, I am on day 10 of my run with 1-T so I'm still gaugeing the effectiveness. Looking forward to seeing your very thorough thought out log, especailly since you have run 1-AD om the past.

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
Good to see a pure solo run with nothing added...

Just a question, as I was somewhat confused. You say that you have been lifting 10 years + 4 years of HS that you do not count (so actually 14 overall), or you have been lifting 10 years total but only 6 "good" years (which does not include the 4 yrs of hs)

Oh, and how old are you bro'?
Ha, good question. Let me try again - I have been lifting 10+ years excluding HS. I kind of really got on track in college, when I was 19. So from there it's been 12 years - I'm 31 now. Buuuut, I took off that year and a half, so let's just say I've trained hard and smartly for about 10 years total. :icon_lol:

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
Hey dragon your too late I'M doing the definitive log! :D
jk .....I am with you, I am on day 10 of my run with 1-T so I'm still gaugeing the effectiveness. Looking forward to seeing your very thorough thought out log, especailly since you have run 1-AD om the past.
Yup, I've been following your log, sounds as though it is working well for you so far.

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
Measurements & Day 1

Here they are, all are cold, flexed unless otherwise noted:

Neck: 20"
R arm: 19.5"
L arm: 19"
Chest: 52"
Waist (just under navel) - (obviously not flexed b/c you can't flex fat LOL): 39.5"
L Quad: 29"
R Quad: 28"

This is actually the first time I've ever measured myself, outside of my arms, and that was in college 10 years ago. So the quads really shocked me. Back when I was in peak shape, I used to have pretty big legs. Now with little to no squatting for quite a while, I'm thinking I'm a bit disproportionate. But I really don't care all too much about quad size. As long as I can move good weight squatting and leg pressing, I'm happy, and the size will come.

This also reminded me of another Goal of this cycle. It is third on the list, because I'm realistic about what I can get in 6 weeks, but Goal C should read:

C) Achieve 20" cold, flexed arms.

My R arm has always been bigger than the L, although weirdly enough the L "looks" bigger when flexed. I think I know why, long story, but if I can add a 1/2" to an inch on my arms, I'll be giddy. I doubt it'll happen (OK, REALLY doubt), but we'll see. That's more of a longer-term goal but maybe, if the 1-T just blows me away, we'll see. Editing first post to include Goal C.

Also, here is my starting weight: 259. :jaw:

This is 2 lbs short of the heaviest I've ever been, and it's not entirely because I've gotten so huge these last few months (although I have added some good mass I think). Let's just say I like dirty bulking, and don't really have time for much cardio. Anyway, the prospect of 270 kind of seems like fatland to me. At one time I weighed 248 with low teens BF%; being 10 lbs heavier but decently weaker doesn't make me too happy, but such is life when weights and conditioning don't have the same priority as they used to.

Besides, I don't think I'm really big enough to justify that much weight, hence the cut I had planned for February, which was already planned well before I weighed myself. Maybe I'll throw the "before" pics up and get some input. Meh, we'll see. Now, the last bit of info needed to start this log: support supplememts.

SUPPS

Creatine
Multi-vitamin
Fish oil
Liv 52
Milk thistle
Whey/casein protein
L-leucine
R-alpha-lipoic acid
BCAAs
Proprietary PWO shake

These are basic supps I use all the time, and will continue to do so on this cycle. Here is what I am adding in and/or considering to further enhance the cycle:

Biotest's Receptormax (using). Write-up can be found on their site. I can't post URLs yet due to low post count, didn't know that, but anyone who is interested can just go there.

I love Biotest and think very highly of their products. This one appears to be a great new supp, and also seems absolutely PERFECT for anyone running a cycle. I will be running it per the bottle's instructions.

Biotest Rez-V (considering). This is resveratrol, an anti-aromatase. I have this on-hand and I am considering using it maybe a week or 2 in to help combat the aromatization issue from DHEA (the Dermacrine active that is also in 1-T). Eric from PP says it's good that the Derm (which acts as a test base) is a little "wet" and that it helps with gains, but I'm not so sure. I will be researching this further and will make a decision soon.

Biotest Surge and/or Surge Workout Fuel (considering). I currently make my own shake that I drink during/after WOs and it seems to do the job. However, in my continuing quest to leave no stone unturned in proving this product works or doesn't, I'm considering going the expensive route and getting Surge, and maybe the new WO Fuel. Although here's the thing - on an anabolic like 1-T is supposed to be, work capacity, recovery, and protein syntheis should be increased a great deal anyway, so WO Fuel may be a waste on cycle. Any thoughts/suggestions here would be appreciated. Surge recovery wouldn't, so I may just do that. Again, we'll see.

********************************************************************************************

Day 1

First application this morning post-shower. Smells citrusy, not too greasy, all in all exactly what other posters have reported. Applied to chest, shoulders, upper back, traps, upper arms, lower back, and, er, balls. :nutkick: I've read the reports of users having great results from applying Dermacrine to their sacs, and since Derm is in this product, I figure I'll give it a shot.

One issue: I can't really reach my mid-back, if that makes sense, although the other areas used up 5 pumps just fine. I just hope that is not one of those supposedly enzyme-rich areas and I'm missing out.

First WO will be tonight after taking 3 days off to be fully rested to start this run. Chest/back. Should be a "normal" WO, as I don't expect to see and/or feel anything until the middle/end of Week 3.

OK, I'm sick of typing. I will post a basic outline of my split tomorrow when I update the first WO. This log is kinda fun so far. :thumbsup: Any questions feel free.

-Dragon

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
what's the receptormax supposed to do?

huge t-nation fan here

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
what's the receptormax supposed to do?

huge t-nation fan here
Go to their site and read the write-up, well worth it. But in a nutshell, the blurb "Maximizes Anabolic Effects of Insulin and Testosterone" sums it up pretty nicely. It's supposed to increase insulin sensitivity (repartitioning effect) and increase the # of androgen receptors in muscle. See why this is PERFECT for on cycle? The science behind it (and almost all their stuff) seems pretty damn sound too.

I just started it today.

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
yeah when it comes to supplements , biotest usally doesn't play around,
they were one of the first companies to offer beta alanine (beta 7)

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
Day 1 (cont)

This is really Part 2 of Day 1. I posted yesterday during Day 1about my thoughts after my first application, but going forward I'll just do once a day, the day after WOs, and maybe once every other day on non-WO days.

Also, I will be updating weight and measurements weekly, not daily like some people do, probably on Mondays. I just feel like weight fluctuates too much day-to-day to get an accurate read. Rather, several week-to-week comparisons should be useful. I will try and make this the same for blood pressure.

Below is the daily template I will be using. Borrowed some ideas from Trauma1's great log.

****************************************************************************************************

Day 1

- 5 pumps 1-T applied in AM after shower.

The Good

SUPPS:

Supps are the same as list on page 1. Nothing new yet.

MEASUREMENTS & WEIGHT:

Next measure: 12/22

STRENGTH/ENDURANCE:

Same.

The Bad

SIDES:

Er, it's Day 1.

1) LIBIDO - Fine.
2) BP - Next measure: 12/22
3) AGGRESSION - Fine.
4) HAIR LOSS - None.
5) GYNO SYMPTOMS - None.
6) TESTICULAR ATROPHY - None.
7) MISC. - None.

MOOD/ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE:

Mood is fine, no evidence to report.

The Workout​

Last night was chest/back. A few notes:

- I generally lift 3 days on, 2 days off. It actually is a bit more complicated and there ius more rest built in normally, but on cycle I will try and take advantage of heightened recovery ability and stick with 3-2. So either I'm going to grow or I'll be pretty burned out in 6 weeks. (One exception will be this week - I have an event Thursday and will bump that WO to Friday, then take my 2 days off over the weekend. This works out well b/c then my next 2 scheduled off days will be Christmas and the day after).
- All lifts are done as fast as possible unless otherwise noted
- I do real bent-over rows, not the BS 45-degree, half-shrug, bounce-off-your-legs garbage rows I see most people do. I row bent 90 degrees, so my back is parallel to the floor, and row the bar until it touches the chest. I also row off a box, so the weights never touch the floor.
- "SS w/" = "super setted with"

10-15 minute warm-up.

Bench: 8x3 - 275x3 295x3 315x3 315x3 335x3 335x3 345x3 345x3

Bent-over row: 5x5 185x5 225x5 225x5 245x5 255x5

DB incline: 100x10 100x10 110x9

1-arm DB row: 110x10 120x8

Hammer decline: 270x8 360x8 SS w/ -
Face pulls: 160x8 170x8

Seated machine rows: 200x6(wide grip) 200x6(neutral) 200x6(wide)

THOUGHTS:

Pretty good WO, and shows I'm just where I thought I was re: bench - 385, give or take 5 lbs. Started to drag ass a bit towards the end and I cut some reps short, but that's b/c I got to the gym much later than usual (and I already work out fairly late). I don't ever really do that, but considering how late it was, no biggie.

That's it, Day 1 is in the books.

ws65

ws65

Awards
  • Established
I really like the amount of detail you are providing with your log. Deifnately subbed and I'm looking forward to your posts. I'm getting the hardcore muscle stack when I get back from vacation and can't wait to get on this. Applied the 1-T to the sack eh? Interesting to see how that goes (no homo)...hopefully Eric will chime in on this one. And damn, you're one strong mofo with the weights you listed. Keep up the good work.

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
I really like the amount of detail you are providing with your log. Deifnately subbed and I'm looking forward to your posts. I'm getting the hardcore muscle stack when I get back from vacation and can't wait to get on this. Applied the 1-T to the sack eh? Interesting to see how that goes (no homo)...hopefully Eric will chime in on this one. And damn, you're one strong mofo with the weights you listed. Keep up the good work.
Thanks ws.

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
12/17/08

Day 2

The Good

SUPPS:

MEASUREMENTS & WEIGHT:

STRENGTH/ENDURANCE:

Same.

The Bad

SIDES:

Still just Day 2.

1) LIBIDO - Fine.
3) AGGRESSION - Fine.
4) HAIR LOSS - None.
5) GYNO SYMPTOMS - None.
7) MISC. - None.

MOOD/ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE:

The Workout​

Last night was lower body-posterior chain focus (i.e. deadlift day) and traps. A few notes:

- Volume is generally fairly low on deadlift days. I don't like going much above 6 reps deadlifitng, and goind heavy puts a pretty fair strain on the CNS, so on these days I keep it brief and to the point.

10-15 minute warm-up.

Deadlift: 5x5 - 315x5 365x5 405x5 455x5 495x5

Leg press: 560x8 650x8 740x8 SS w/ -
Barbell shrugs: 315x8 335x8 365x8 (Note: done at 2-2-2 tempo, i.e. 2 second concentric, 2 second hold, 2 second eccentric - ya almost bodybuilding style!)

Leg extension: 200x10 200x10 SS w/ -
Leg curl: 120x8 120x8

THOUGHTS:

Got to the gym even later than last night due to a few unforseen obstacles, but deadlifting went really well. Due to the whole nagging hip thing, I had stopped deadlifting as well in the fall (even though it didn't bother me much at all deadlifting compared to squatting), and really only got back in the last month and a half or so. This was the first planned "heavy" lift in a while, and I was pretty happy with it.

The first 4 reps at 495 flew up, and only had a little bit of slowdown with the 5th, so I actually underestimated where my starting DL was in my opening post. I checked back in my journal and this is exactly where I was over the summer, when I pulled 585 for a single at the end of a WO. In fact, at the time, I felt I was ready to take a shot at a new PR within the next month, but that was right when I realized I had to stop everything to try and heal the damn hip. I think it worked - but anyways, I'm pretty certain I could pull 6 plates right now. I will go back and edit my original post to a current DL of 585 instead of 545. So that means if 1-T works, I should have no problem shattering 605, which will make me veeeery happy. :drunk:

Day 2 is in the books, no WO tonight, shoulders and arms (with ancillary speed work - more on this when I post the WO) scheduled for Friday.

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
12/18/28

Day 3

The Good

SUPPS:

MEASUREMENTS & WEIGHT:

STRENGTH/ENDURANCE:

Same.

The Bad

SIDES:

Still just Day 3.

1) LIBIDO - Fine.
3) AGGRESSION - Fine.
4) HAIR LOSS - None.
5) GYNO SYMPTOMS - None.
7) MISC. - None.

MOOD/ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE:

The Workout​

None. Scheduled off day.

THOUGHTS:

Thursday night I had a Christmas party, so I ate my face off. Of course, I'm hoping it all went towards increased protein synthesis, but we'll see.

Friday's WO coming up...

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
12/19/08

Day 4

The Good

SUPPS:

MEASUREMENTS & WEIGHT:

STRENGTH/ENDURANCE:

Hmmm... It may just be in my mind, but I seemed a bit "fresher" during this WO than I expected. I had little sleep Thursday night, so I kind of figured I'd drag in the gym, but I didn't. It may have absolutely nothing to do with the 1-T, but I noticed it.

The Bad

SIDES:

Still just Day 4.

1) LIBIDO - Fine.
3) AGGRESSION - Fine.
4) HAIR LOSS - None.
5) GYNO SYMPTOMS - None.
7) MISC. - None.

MOOD/ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE:

The Workout​

The WO was shoulders/arms, + speed day. This means I throw in my bench and squat speed work here, although when I push press I skip the squat speed work (b/c the PP hits the quads a little). A few notes:

- All push presses are locked out.
- All lifts are done as fast as possible unless otherwise noted.
- Chains weigh approx. 35 lbs combined.
- "TUT" = "Time Under Tension", i.e. these are down v-e-r-y slowly. Maybe 4-1-4 tempo.
- "BW" = Bodyweight (the "+" after designates how much weight is strapped on)

10-15 minute warm-up.

Push press: 185x5 225x5 235x5 245x5 275x3x0(fail)

Speed bench w/ chains: 175+chains 4x3; (chains off) 225x3 225x3 225x3

(Rear rotator work) 1-arm DB: 20x6 25x6 30x6 Lateral raises: 30x8 35x8 Rear delt flyes: 30x8 35x8

Close-grip bench: 245x5 265x5 295x5
Barbell curls: 115x8 EZ bar curls: 135x8 135x8

Seated neutral-grip DB military: 70x8 70x8 75x8

TUT weighted dips: BW+45x6 BWx70x6 BW+90x6
1-arm DB incline curls: 40x8 45x8 45x8

V-bar push-downs: Stackx12 Stackx12
Rope hammer curls: 70x12 70x12
- DB curls (burnout): 30x11

THOUGHTS:

Like I said, I kind of expected a drag-ass WO, but it didn't happen. I almost hit a 4th rep on push press, but just missed. Also, close-grip was easy, weight must be moved up next time, although dips were hard. 3rd very solid WO in a row. Now, 2 days off to watch football and marinate, and then chest and back on Monday.

I also bought a backscrubber to alleviate my concern that I'm missing some prime enzyme-rich real estate on my back that I can't reach. Will it make a difference? Who knows, but I set out in this log to leave no stone unturned, so there ya go.

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
12/20/08

Day 5

The Good

SUPPS:

MEASUREMENTS & WEIGHT:

STRENGTH/ENDURANCE:

N/a

The Bad

SIDES:

Still just Day 5.

1) LIBIDO - Fine.
3) AGGRESSION - Fine.
4) HAIR LOSS - None.
5) GYNO SYMPTOMS - None.
7) MISC. - Hmmm...another tidbit here that may or may not be associated with the 1-T. I started feeling a little "flushed", pulse elevated; it's hard to describe, but something I remember from my 1-AD run. It may have been too much caffeine (couple cups of joe), but then again, maybe not. I'll keep my eye on it.

MOOD/ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE:

The Workout​

None, off day.

THOUGHTS:

Not much to report here, so far so good I suppose. Next WO is Monday.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
I think the flushing is normal and may fade over time. It doesnt seem to be noxious.

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Great log so far. I really hope you get major results from this as it is well laid out and you are already a strong mofo.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
I definitely experienced flushing as well. My ears would feel hot. It lasted about 2 weeks I think.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
I had a similar side over a decade ago using pharmaceutical grade DHEA from Switzerland, it stops after a couple weeks. It's indicative of absorbtion.

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
Not sure if flushing is the right word; my pulse seemed elevated and I felt a kind of "rush" of blood. I hope this is not indicative of a rise in BP already, but I will find out today.

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
12/21/08

Day 6

The Good

SUPPS:

MEASUREMENTS & WEIGHT:

STRENGTH/ENDURANCE:

N/a

The Bad

SIDES:

Still just Day 6, but see below.

1) LIBIDO - Fine.
3) AGGRESSION - Fine.
4) HAIR LOSS - None.
5) GYNO SYMPTOMS - None.
7) MISC. - The flushing or whatever I described the other day hit big-time Sunday. It was much more pronounced. I kind of felt like blood was rushing to my head, even though I was just sitting there. Now, it may have had something to do with all the Christmas cookies I ate that day :thumbsup:, but maybe not. I doubt it. I will be sure to get the BP checked today (Monday).

MOOD/ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE:

The Workout​

None, off day.

THOUGHTS:

I'm kind of intrigued with this flush/rush whatever it is thing. At least it means the product is doing something - whether or not that equates into a pronounced anabolic effect remains to be seen. But I ate a TON this weekend :food:, am well-rested, and pretty antsy for tonight's WO. I did not and still do not expect to see any concrete evidence (i.e. strength gains) from the 1-T until week 3, but I never felt anything like this flush from the old 1-AD, so like I said, I'm intrigued. Maybe topical delievery is that much more efficient and fast-acting.

Next update, including tonight's WO + weight and BP, tomorrow.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Can't wait to see your update, i think you've got a good chance of seeing effects in the gym by day 6. In the first week, there's usually the initial 5 pound gain or so from water weight as the muscles start to swell up. I think this makes the transportation of nutrients and waste in/out of your muscles more efficient, which should improve recovery time in and out of the gym. Or that's my thinking anyway. Kill that WO man.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Im hoping that your BP is fine and just slightly elevated if anything. Are you experiencing any cognitive enhancement? Increased levels of energy? Increased urination?

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
Im hoping that your BP is fine and just slightly elevated if anything. Are you experiencing any cognitive enhancement? Increased levels of energy? Increased urination?
That's what I'm hoping as well. I would say no to all the above, except maybe the energy, but that has more to do with me getting some decent sleep the past few days for a change (kids have been sick).

Anyway, I'm about to post Day 7, so I'll touch on this some more.

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
12/22/8

Day 7

The Good

SUPPS:

MEASUREMENTS & WEIGHT:

Weight: 262 (!!) +3 lbs. This is a new all-time high for me. Now, to be fair, I had a Christmas party Thursday, another one Sunday, and a big family Christmas dinner Sunday for family members that will be out of town on Christmas, so I did eat a TON these past 4 days. But that was the plan all along. I consider 2-3 lbs to be within the margin of error, but 3 lbs in 6 days is... interesting. I don't look or feel any fatter. Let's just say I'm starting to get a wee bit excited that maybe, just maybe, this product will deliver as advertised.

Measurements: Had no time to measure last night and forgot to this morning, so I will do so tonight and update here.(reserved for Tuesday measurements)

Next measure: 12/29

STRENGTH/ENDURANCE:

Exciting news here - I may be seeing the first small glimpses of the strength increase I've been hoping for. See The Workout below.

The Bad

SIDES:

Day 7, but see below.

1) LIBIDO - Fine.
2) BP - This is what has me concerned. Like my other measure, I just did not have time to get this done last night, so I will update this tomorrow as well. But my symptoms seem to be indicative of a possible rise in BP, so I am somewhat anxious to get this done. (reserved for Tuesday BP measure) Next measure: 12/29
3) AGGRESSION - Fine.
4) HAIR LOSS - None.
5) GYNO SYMPTOMS - None.
7) MISC. - The blood rush to the head was there again last night after my WO. It seems to be worst, by far, at night. One point to consider here: I did just catch a nasty head cold, so this may have someting to do with it, but I kind of doubt it. Waiting on BP check.

MOOD/ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE:

The Workout​

Last night was chest/back. A few notes:

- Pin press = benching of the pins in the power rack. Basically the bar sits on the pins, at the low portion of the lift, and you press it up and return to a dead stop on the pins before the next rep. Think rack lockouts, except the pins are set much lower, thereby working a lot more than just lockout strength. In fact, I'm now working 2 inches off my chest, and at this height I've found that my strength in these correlates almost exactly with my strength in actual bench (w/in 5-10 lbs). Makes sense, since it's basically benching 2 inches off my chest without the negative and the momemtum that provides.
- T-bar rows: my little gym doesn't have a real T-bar machine, so we have a lever that we stick a bar in and row that. I use a pushdown rope to make it harder and increase the ROM.
- Wave-loaded segements - if you are not familiar with wave loading, this is basically moving weight and reps up and down set to set in the same exercise. Example: Set 1 - 225x8. Set 2 - 275x4. Set 3 - 225x8, etc. It can get more complicated but you get the gist. For me, this is how I make a basic 3 sets of 10 hypertophy-oriented exercise more geared toward upping strength. I do the first 3 reps heavy, quickly drop weight, and then finish the last 7. I use weight where I am nowhere close to failure, as doing so for my second chest exercise, and with an advanced technique, is not a good idea. See below.

10-15 minute warm-up.

Pin press bench (9 slot, low, 2 inches off chest): 4x3 315x3 345x3 375x3 395x1x0(fail)
***LAST TIME*** (workout 12/08, 8 days before I started 1-T) - 315x3 345x3 365x2x1 (rest-pause) 385x1x0(fail)

T-bar rows: 3 plates+25x6 4 platesx5 4 plates+25x4 5 platesx4 5 plates+10x3

Bench: (3,7 wave-loaded segments) 3x10 315x3;245x7 315x3;245x7 315x3;245x7

Pull-ups: BWx10 Chins: BWx10

DB decline: 120x6 120x6 120x6 SS w/ -
Lat pulls (wide grip) 220x6 220x6 220x6

Face pulls: 160x8 180x6

THOUGHTS:

Awesome WO, as you can see I beat my last pin press day from 2 weeks ago! On 12/08, on my third set, I hit 365 for 2, then failed the 3rd and had to rest-pause to grind out the 3rd rep. Last night I went in with a "let's put this **** to the test) kind of attitude, and planned to use heavier weights from the get-go. Hell, I even wrote "OVERLY OPTIMISTIC" on my workout sheet to remind myself not to get down if I missed the lifts, because I was basically planning my WO based on decent strength gains. Well guess what?? 375 for a clean 3 reps. I hit the lifts and I am damn happy. Everything else was strong too, the wave-loaded bench was flat-out easy, I should have added weight. It was "one of those days" in the weight room, in a good way.

Now, I'm not ready just yet to proclaim the 1-T golden. You never know, it may actually have been one of those days in the gym; you know, the one where you feel like a beast out of nowhere, the one that only comes along once every 2 months or so. But with this WO, and the 3 lbs, both in only 7 days, I'm starting to get cautiously excited.

On the flip side, like I said, the only side I've experienced so far is the blood-rush thing. I will be sure to get the BP checked very soon.

Squat day tonight, so it will be tough to gauge progress (b/c of the hip), but I'm anxious to see what happens.

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
12/23

***Aplogies for the extreme lateness, but b/c of the holidays it's been a little hectic. Here's Tuesday, and I'll get the next few days up tomorrow.***

Day 8

The Good

SUPPS:

Supps are the same as list on page 1. I have decided I won't use the new Surge WO Fuel I described back in my first post. I may still add Surge toward the end, but we'll see.

MEASUREMENTS & WEIGHT:

Weight: 262, +3 lbs. Next measure: 12/29.

Measurements: I will also update the old post, but the measurements all seemed pretty much the same.

STRENGTH/ENDURANCE:

Tough to gauge on squat day, but solid. See below.

The Bad

SIDES:

Day 7, but see below.

1) LIBIDO - Maybe in my mind, but just a hint of reduced libido.
2) BP - Arrgh, couldn't get this done today, must get it done though. Pretty certain it's elevated, just a matter of how much. Next measure: 12/29
3) AGGRESSION - Fine.
4) HAIR LOSS - None.
5) GYNO SYMPTOMS - None.
7) MISC. - Blood rush to the head still there, I'm convinced it's BP-related.

MOOD/ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE:

The Workout​

Legs/traps. A few notes:

- "BO" = Back off set

10-15 minute warm-up.

Squat: 315x5 335x5 365x5 405x5 425x4; 315x10(BO)

Shrug: 365x6 365x6 405x6 425x6

1-leg DB bench squats: 20x10 20x10 30x10

Bench pistols: BWx10 BWx10 BWx10

THOUGHTS:

Pretty good WO considering this is the heaviest I've gone on squats since the summer, the last time I tried and re-aggravated the hip. The last set was supposed to be 5, but I canned the last rep as form started to break down just a bit. I don't want to take any chances here. All in all I was very happy, although like I said, tough to gauge the 1-T's role.

Shoulders/arms were on Christmas Eve, and I have some very exciting news regarding that WO. I will update tomorrow.

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
12/24

Day 9

The Good

SUPPS:

Supps are the same as list on page 1. No Surge WO Fuel.

MEASUREMENTS & WEIGHT:

STRENGTH/ENDURANCE:

WOW! First big-time results seen here. See WO below.

The Bad

SIDES:

1) LIBIDO - Starting to think it's not in my mind, but just a hint of reduced libido.
2) BP - SOS. The one area I'm concerned about and I still haven't gotten it checked. I suck. WILL GET DONE though. Next scheduled measure: 12/29
3) AGGRESSION - Fine.
4) HAIR LOSS - None.
5) GYNO SYMPTOMS - None.
7) MISC. - Pretty sure the only issue is BP related.

MOOD/ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE:

Mood is fine.

The Workout​

Shoulders/arms.

10-15 minute warm-up.

Standing military: 135x5 155x5 185x5 205x5 225x6

1-arm DB curls: 50x6 50x6 50x6
Neutral-grip DB press: 120x6 120x6 120x6

Seated neutral-grip DB military: 70x8 80x8 85x8

1-arm DB preacher curls: 40x8 45x8 45x8
Machine close-grip: 180x8 200x6 200x6

V-bar push downs (4-1-4 tempo): Stack (200)x12 Stackx12
1-arm cable curls (4-1-4): 70x10 70x10

THOUGHTS:

This WO was cut short b/c, well, it was Christmas Eve, so I condensed it. I also went in the early afternoon as opposed to the night when I usually go. The results were outstanding. For me personally, in the few times I've seen a guy at the gym doing it, I always used to think that repping 225 on the standing military was pretty much the definition of strong. I never pictured myself being able to rep it fairly easily, but that day came. At the height of my powers (ahem), I was probably pretty close to this level of strength in the military press - but that was a seated press. BIG difference. So anyway, I kept it light early and planned to attempt 225 for my last set, and expected maybe 2 or 3 reps. I got to 4 and knew I had 5 so I just kept going. 6 came and it was pretty tough, so I quit there. But the first 4 reps flew up. Maybe it's all the focus I've put on push pressing, as I haven't done standing mil in a while, but I shocked myself and was ecstatic with this WO. Bis and tris were very good too. Getting pretty close to endorsing this 1-T, as I'm still not even finished week 2.

One other thing to consider here: I don't know much (read: anything) about the science behind transdermal absorption, but this great WO got me thinking: since I went in the afternoon, about 4.5 hours after my application instead of the ususal 12-13 hours, perhaps I had a higher level of 1-AD and/or 1-test in my blood? IOW, I'm not sure what 1-test's half-life is, but maybe the fact that I lifted much closer to application meant I had higher levels, as opposed to time diluting it. Maybe someone who knows more about this can weigh in.

Great day, hopefully there are many more to come.

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
12/25 & 12/26

Days 10 & 11

The Good

SUPPS:

MEASUREMENTS & WEIGHT:

STRENGTH/ENDURANCE:

N/a

The Bad

SIDES:

1) LIBIDO - I now believe libido is a bit off. Can still perform easily enough, just not the same desire.
2) BP - (copied from 12/24) SOS. The one area I'm concerned about and I still haven't gotten it checked. I suck. WILL GET DONE though. Next scheduled measure: 12/29
3) AGGRESSION - Fine.
4) HAIR LOSS - None.
5) GYNO SYMPTOMS - None.

MOOD/ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE:

Mood is fine.

The Workout​

None. Back-to-back scheduled off days.

THOUGHTS:

The head rush thing seemed a bit less the last 2 days. Other than that, not much to report other than some massive Christmas eating. Good times!

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
12/27

Day 12

The Good

SUPPS:

MEASUREMENTS & WEIGHT:

STRENGTH/ENDURANCE:

More nice results. Not as explosive as military day, but measurable progress. See below.

Also, in the past 2 off days before this one, I seemed to think I needed less time to recover. I was itching to get going when chest and back rolled around, just like last time. Not much in the way of DOMS either. This would seem to make sense if the 1-T was working. I think it is.

The Bad

SIDES:

1) LIBIDO - I now believe libido is a bit off. Can still perform easily enough, just not the same desire.
2) BP - (copied from last few days, I really suck) SOS. The one area I'm concerned about and I still haven't gotten it checked. I suck. WILL GET DONE though. Next scheduled measure: 12/29
3) AGGRESSION - Fine.
4) HAIR LOSS - None.
5) GYNO SYMPTOMS - None.

MOOD/ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE:

Mood is fine.

The Workout​

Chest/back. A few notes:

- "R-P" = Rest-pause. In this case, to get those last 2 reps.

10-15 minute warm-up.

3-board press: 295x5 315x4 335x3 365x3 405x1

Seated row: 220x4 240x4 260x4 280x4 300x4
DB incline: 120x8 (high incline, maybe 55-60 degrees) 120x8(45*) 120x6;(R-P)x2

Hammer strength pull-downs: 230x8 230x8 230x8 (underhand grip)
Bench: 245x10 245x8

Lat pulls (wide grip): 170x10 170x10
Cable chest flyes: 60x8 80x8
Face pulls: 160x8 180x6

THOUGHTS:

New PR on 3-board last night (I didn't do them when I set my bench PR many moons ago). Was scheduled to try 385x2 but I said F it and went for 405x1 and hit. This is even kore important b/c I went to the gym alone after-hours and had no lift-off. On max effort lifts, I feel that makes a sizable difference. More nice strength here, it didn't feel incredible like the shoulder session, but still good. By the time I hit my rep bench work, I was shot, though. It was very late when I got to the gym, so maybe that played a factor, but as you can see I hit only 8 reps insteasd of 10 for my 2nd set. I was fried, so I threw in some (gasp!) chest flyes. Lat pulls were kind of lame too; oh well, when you're tired, you're tired.

Legs (posterior chain) and traps tonight, but the WO may get canned. Update tomorrow.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for updateing. The flushing should diminish about this time. They could be a slight change in aggression that also fades. Strengh increases should occur about now, weights will feel light and rep increases are possible at this phase and carry through till ending. Any skin irritation or dryness? Any slight joint pain?

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for updateing. The flushing should diminish about this time. They could be a slight change in aggression that also fades. Strengh increases should occur about now, weights will feel light and rep increases are possible at this phase and carry through till ending. Any skin irritation or dryness? Any slight joint pain?
Knowbull, this is very interesting because my 12/28 update was going to include the thoughts that the blood-rushing thing is starting to fade a bit; it's not nearly as noticeable. I will get that up today. Maybe my BP is fine after all - it will be checked tonight.

No skin dryness and no joint issues at all, and this from a guy with bad elbows. I suspect some aromatization from the DHEA may be the reason, but since I have no nipple tenderness or anything like that, it's not a bad thing.

Re: the strength - this is what makes me excited. As I posted before, the gains really starteds to kick in on the old 1-AD mid- to end of week 3 and were great from then on. Today (Monday) is the last day of week 2 for me, so I'm pretty fired up for the coming weeks.

Thanks for following!

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
This is another great log! I think your BP will be fine or, if anything, just slightly elevated. Im glad to hear there are no real sides. I hope your PCT goes well and you have keepable gains. The "after" reports are forthcoming in one log. Please keep us posted on how you are doing afterwards. I hope you dont need a serm.

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
12/28

Day 13

The Good​

SUPPS:

MEASUREMENTS & WEIGHT:

STRENGTH/ENDURANCE:

N/a for strength, but I'm starting to notice recovery is heightened. No DOMS to speak of, and I am always rarin' to go for the next WO despite some decent volume and frequency. I may up the volume this week.

The Bad​

SIDES:

1) LIBIDO - Same; I now believe libido is a bit off. Can still perform easily enough, just not the same desire.
2) BP - Got BP, will update in 12/29 post. Next scheduled measure: 12/29
3) AGGRESSION - Fine.
4) HAIR LOSS - None.
5) GYNO SYMPTOMS - None.
6) TESTICULAR ATROPHY - Maybe a tiny bit? Am I making it up? Will keep an eye on it...

MOOD/ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE:

Mood is fine. Better than usual, even. Amped to hit gym every night.

The Workout​

Supposed to be legs (posterior chain)/traps, but I am shitcanning this WO for 2 reasons:

1) I went to bed very late Saturday, got little sleep, and woke up with a horrible headache. These factors alone wouldn't keep me out of the gym, but:

2) By canning this WO and bumping everything back a day, my 2 scheduled off days will be New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. So, yeah, makes sense.

Legs (posterior chain) were last night (Monday), and will be posted soon.​

gettingully1

gettingully1

Awards
updates? should be getting some great strength gains about now i hope

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
12/29

*** Apologies for being so late again. As with Christmas, the holidays are killing my upkeep of this log. But back to normal will mean I'll update pretty much daily again through the end of the run, so after I catch up I promise there won't be any more week lags. ***

Day 14

The Good​

SUPPS:

MEASUREMENTS & WEIGHT:

Weight: 264, +5 lbs. Next measure: 01/05.

Measurements: Decidied to wait on these 1 more week. Next measure: 01/05

STRENGTH/ENDURANCE:

More positive results here.

The Bad​

SIDES:

1) LIBIDO - Same; Libido is a bit off.
2) BP - Finally got the BP taken, and with all my concern, all my worrying, I checked in at... 121/85. Sa-weeeeeet!! Next scheduled measure: 01/05
3) AGGRESSION - Fine.
4) HAIR LOSS - None.
5) GYNO SYMPTOMS - None.
6) TESTICULAR ATROPHY - Maybe a tiny bit... watching...
7) MISC. - Back pumps??? See below.

MOOD/ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE:

Mood is fine, as reported before endurance and recovery seem better.

The Workout​

Legs (posterior chain)/traps.

10-15 minute warm-up.

Deadlift: 315x5 365x5 405x4 455x4 495x3 545x3

Leg press: 3x6 650x6 740x6 830x6

Shrugs: 3x8 (2-1-2) 365x8 365x8 365x8

Leg extension: 200x10 200x10 SS w/ -
Leg curls: 120x10 120x10

Awesome deadlift day, 545x3 is probably a PR. I think I have a decent shot at pulling 605 or more right now, so next deadlift day I may max. Great WO, although the only negative was - back pumps. After I deadlifted (during, reall), my lower back got a pretty wicked pump. It even kept me from going higher weight-wise on shrugs (365 was easy, but was killing my back).

Why do PH/DS cause back pumps? IOW, what the hell causes it? It was pretty tough, but not horrible, and kind of came out of nowhere.

Shoulders/arms update soon...​

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
12/30

Day 15

The Good​

SUPPS:

MEASUREMENTS & WEIGHT:

Measurements: Decidied to wait on these 1 more week. Next measure: 01/05

STRENGTH/ENDURANCE:

Whoo hoo! Sweet shoulder and tricep results. See below.

The Bad​

SIDES:

2) BP - 121/85. Next scheduled measure: 01/05
3) AGGRESSION - Fine.
4) HAIR LOSS - None.
5) GYNO SYMPTOMS - None.
7) MISC. - More back pumps See below.

MOOD/ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE:

Hmmm... I reported before that DOMS has been virtually non-existant. Well, had some this day in my lower back, a day removed from deadlifting, and also a bit in my quads. No biggie, just a new development.

The Workout​

Shoulders/arms.

10-15 minute warm-up.

DB military: 85x5 85x5 90x5 95x5 100x5

Close-grip bench: 3x4 275x4 295x4 315x4 (!). Light weight babeee. Like ****in' air so I added 1 more set - 345x2x1
Barbell preacher curls: 3x8 95x8 95x8 95x8

Assorted rear rotator work: Similar to previous rotator WOs. Take too long to type, so I'm just going to list these as "similar" going forward.

Neutral-grip DB military: 75x8 75x8 75x8 - easy.

Weighted dips: (3-0-3) BW+45x8 BW+70x6 BW+70x6
1-arm DB preacher curls: 40x8 40x8 45x8

Strap push-downs: 140x10 140x10
- V-bar push downs: Stackx10 *All pds done at 2-1-2

Rope hammer curls: 80x8 80x8
- 1-arm DB curls: 40x10

DB military work was excellent, don't know what my PR is here but 100s for 5 on my last set was pretty solid. CGB was unreal. 315 felt like nothing, so I said, what the hell and threw on 345. Pounded out 2 and got a spot for the last one. Anyway, the 345x2 is probably a PR. Looks like the results are starting to come in.

That being said, more back pumps today. Again, these kind of came on suddenly. They were in the background, if you will, the last week or so, but so minor as to not warrant mentioning. Well, starting with deadlifting and continuing this WO, they are for real. Almost debilitating, not as in I had to stop the WO, but as in I had to pause a few times to kind of let my back rest.

Off days for New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. Hope everyone had a good time.​

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
12/31 & 01/01

Days 15 & 16

The Good​

SUPPS:

MEASUREMENTS & WEIGHT:

Measurements: Decided to wait on these 1 more week. Next measure: 01/05

STRENGTH/ENDURANCE:

N/a.

The Bad​

SIDES:

2) BP - 121/85. Next scheduled measure: 01/05
3) AGGRESSION - Fine.
4) HAIR LOSS - None.
5) GYNO SYMPTOMS - OK. Some bad news here. My nips started to feel just a bit more sensitive on New Year's Day. Nothing crazy, but just more sensitive, enough that I noticed. I waited one more day to confirm. See 01/02 update for more news.
7) MISC. - The back pumps as mentioned before; otherwise, OK.

MOOD/ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE:

All normal.

The Workout​

None. Scheduled off days.

Was very excited to see where bench was after the CGB WO, with 5x5 scheduled for 01/02. Update coming...​