Product Request

unitas27

unitas27

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi Mat,
I would like to request the following bulk product:

3,3,14,14-Tetramethylhexadecanedioic acid (aka Medica 16)

This is similar to TTA, but better from what the research studies show. It's been studied since the 1980's but no one ever released it. I think everyone would love to get some in bulk (or even capped).

Thanks for looking into this.

unitas27

unitas27

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can't find anything on dosages either. A couple nice research articles though.

Adipose reduction by beta,beta'-tetramethyl-substituted hexadecanedioic acid (MEDICA 16).Tzur R, Smith E, Bar-Tana J.
Department of Biochemistry, Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel.

Treatment of normal rats kept on a balanced laboratory chow diet with beta,beta'-tetramethyl-substituted hexadecanedioic acid (MEDICA 16) (Bar-Tana et al., 1985, J. Biol. Chem, 260, 8404-8410) resulted in an acute reduction in adiposity, which was already established during the first week of treatment and was sustained as long as the drug was administered. Adipose reduction consisted of 30-80 percent decrease in the perirenal, omental, epididymal, parametrial and subcutaneous fat with a concomitant 50 percent decrease in total body neutral lipid mass. The reduction in adiposity was accounted for by a respective decrease in the lipid content of individual adipocytes together with a transient or sustained decrease in the number of adipocytes of selected adipose tissues. The decrease in the lipid content resulted from (a) an extensive hypotriglyceridemia in MEDICA 16-treated rats; (b) inhibition of adipose lipogenesis by MEDICA 16; (c) increased sensitivity to catecholamines-. ACTH- and forskolin-induced lipolysis in MEDICA 16 adipocytes. Adipose reduction by MEDICA 16 was not compromised by a decrease in overall net caloric intake but was accompanied by a 40 percent increase in resting metabolic rate.

Peroxisome proliferators as adjuvants for the reverse-electron-transport therapy of obesity: an explanation for the large increase in metabolic rate of MEDICA 16-treated rats.McCarty MF.
Nutrition 21/AMBI, San Diego, CA 92109, USA.

The efficacy of reverse-electron-transport therapy of obesity should be promoted by agents which up-regulate hepatocyte enzymes that are potentially rate-limiting for mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation and electron shuttles. Peroxisome proliferator drugs, including the fibrates used to treat hyperlipidemia, may be useful in this regard, as they induce malic enzyme, the mitochondrial glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase, and carnitine palmitoyl transferase I in rodent hepatocytes. An agent of this class, MEDICA 16, has the additional property of potently inhibiting both citrate lyase and acetyl-CoA carboxylase. As a result, methyl-substituted diacarboxylic acids (MEDICA) 16 can be expected to disinhibit hepatic fatty acid oxidation while up-regulating electron shuttle mechanisms, and thus should stimulate reverse electron transport. This may explain the remarkable 40% increase in basal metabolic rate observed in normal rats ingesting MEDICA 16--an effect not associated with any compensatory increase in food intake. Relative to controls, the MEDICA 16-treated rats achieved a 50% reduction in body fat and a modest increase in lean mass, such that weight and growth were not changed. In other rodent strains, MEDICA 16 has prevented obesity diabetes and atherogenesis. However, whether MEDICA 16 and other peroxisome proliferator drugs will have clinical utility in reverse-electron-transport therapy may hinge on their ability to induce key enzymes in human hepatocytes; cell culture studies to evaluate this are required.

CustomNW

Awards
  • Established
Its interesting but, Id be worried about internally cumbusting. Id be curious as to what your body temp would be after taking this. But again, the dosing is at question.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
not possible. We looked into it ages ago and it is not stable anywhere near room temp.

unitas27

unitas27

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok, fair enough, so the Medica 16 is a no go..

How about this!! Can we get some bulk brown seaweed standardized for Fucoxanthin?

Fucoxanthin from edible seaweed, Undaria pinnatifida, shows antiobesity effect through UCP1 expression in white adipose tissues.Maeda H, Hosokawa M, Sashima T, Funayama K, Miya****a K.
Laboratory of Biofunctional Material Chemistry, Division of Marine Bioscience, Graduate School of Fisheries Sciences, Hokkaido University, Hakodate, Hokkaido 041-8611, Japan.

Mitochondrial uncoupling protein 1 (UCP1) is usually expressed only in brown adipose tissue (BAT) and a key molecule for metabolic thermogenesis to avoid an excess of fat accumulation. However, there is little BAT in adult humans. Therefore, UCP1 expression in tissues other than BAT is expected to reduce abdominal fat. Here, we show reduction of abdominal white adipose tissue (WAT) weights in rats and mice by feeding lipids from edible seaweed, Undaria pinnatifida. Clear signals of UCP1 protein and mRNA were detected in WAT of mice fed the Undaria lipids, although there is little expression of UCP1 in WAT of mice fed control diet. The Undaria lipids mainly consisted of glycolipids and seaweed carotenoid, fucoxanthin. In the fucoxanthin-fed mice, WAT weight significantly decreased and UCP1 was clearly expressed in the WAT, while there was no difference in WAT weight and little expression of UCP1 in the glycolipids-fed mice. This result indicates that fucoxanthin upregulates the expression of UCP1 in WAT, which may contribute to

unitas27

unitas27

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
10mg a day should be perfect based on what I'm seeing with OTC products containing the fat burning active. I really think this would be a top seller, a few people on the board have used the retail products that contain this ingredient and it's seems legit. I'm really hoping this is doable for CNW.

unitas27

unitas27

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Come on guys, let's bump this...who's interested?!!! Fucoxanthin..Read up on it in google via search and check pubmed studies, it looks VERY promising.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
isn't that an ingredient in anthony roberts' new fatburner that's coming out?

unitas27

unitas27

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No idea, where did you hear that?

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
bb.com, let me find it real quick and i will pm you a link. is it some sort of mitochondrial uncoupler? That's what his is, i thought this was the same ingredient but i am not sure

unitas27

unitas27

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
bb.com, let me find it real quick and i will pm you a link. is it some sort of mitochondrial uncoupler? That's what his is, i thought this was the same ingredient but i am not sure
Yup, that looks like fucoxanthin is one of the ingredients in PyroGenX which is out soon supposedly

Honestly, I just want to see it in bulk, a high standardized fucoxanthin. It looks really promising.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
Yup, that looks like fucoxanthin is one of the ingredients in PyroGenX which is out soon supposedly

Honestly, I just want to see it in bulk, a high standardized fucoxanthin. It looks really promising.
yeah, i was pointing it out as AR seems to think a higher dose than what is in current products would be a lot better

unitas27

unitas27

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah, i was pointing it out as AR seems to think a higher dose than what is in current products would be a lot better

Agreed. The crap they have out on the market containing Fucoxanthin are rather dismal and weak.

Thanks for the PM, reps!

unitas27

unitas27

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think a starting dose of 10mg of the actual active (fucoxanthin) would be a starting point, but I'm more inclined to think double or triple that would be more realistic and effective for it's purposes.

unitas27

unitas27

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
are you sure its mgs?

Milligrams. The garden of life Fucothin product only contains 5mg fucoxanthin per capsule. I have heard that people have to megadose (approx 1-2s grams of the seaweed extract which is approx 6-10 capsules) to get the fatburning effect, so I am estimating 30-40mg/day as a minimum of Fucoxanthin itself would be needed to exert the desired fatburning effect.

Thanks for looking into this Custom and company!!!

More info on Fucoxanthin:

Known scientifically as undaria pinnatfida, this brown seaweed contains the active ingredient fucoxanthin, a carotenoid that increases the activity of uncoupling proteins in fat cells. Uncoupling proteins increase the activity of the metabolic machinery in cells, making them burn more fuel to produce adequate energy. In other words, you burn more calories, such as fat, each day. Research from Hokkaido University (Japan) shows that mice and rats that received supplements of fucoxanthin from wakame leaf lost significantly more abdominal fat than test animals getting a placebo. A currently unpublished human clinical trial also found that overweight females given wakame extract had a higher metabolic rate and lost significantly more bodyweight and bodyfat than a placebo group.

unitas27

unitas27

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any progress with this custom?

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
Bump on the fucoxanthin.

Last edited: