Just tried the Raspberry Ketones

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
I just got some raspberry ketones in. I was laughing at the stuff because it looks JUST like cotton candy! Taking it straight is odd (used aprox 100-150mg), it dissolves in your mouth then starts to warm up pretty much instantly kinda of like cayenne but more “warm feeling” then a taste. I could tell once it hit my stomach because it the same feeling I get when I have a shot or 2 of whiskey and my stomach felt all nice and warm. Oddly this stuff works on me because it raised my body temp up a few notches. My gf could tell that my body temp had risen just by touching my t-shirt. This is going to handy take before heading out in the winter. Would anyone know if using mortar and pestle on this would be ok so I can cap it? Toad how many times daily did you dose it and at what amounts?

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
That stuff sounds really interesting. Please let us know how it works for you. I just might pick some up.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
That stuff sounds really interesting. Please let us know how it works for you. I just might pick some up.
Well its been a couple of hours since I tried it and Im not experiencing any GI problems that I usually get with peper extracts. Still feel warm too. I will be one of USP testers for the latest project but after that Im going to run this until I run out. I have a few other things I will be trying at that time as well so hopefully I can tell whats doing what.

P01Shooter

Awards
Keep us updated. I'm thinking of using the nettle extract, forslean, rasp ketones, tta and Venom (appetite) for my next cut in several months. We'll see but I'd love to see how this works for you.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Wasnt somebody mentioning this might work bettter in a transdermal?

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
Wasnt somebody mentioning this might work bettter in a transdermal?
If it’s indeed like capsaicin (without the sides) then I don’t see why not, and it wouldn’t make you feel like your on fire. It’s working pretty good so far for me orally. I’m in a "cool" room and I’m sweating.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to give this a run - I've been meaning to try it.

I wonder why it's not in a thermogenic out on the market?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks rivet i'm going to give it a try as well.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Rivet,

did ya weigh out a dose, or just approximate?

I need to get a scale I think. Anyone have a good reccomendation?

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established

I’m seeing it slowly now. The new MAN Scorch has it inside it now and the new Biotest Hot Rox: Extreme. Im really liking it alot. I like having it separate so this way I can dose it with a stim or without. I would recommend capping it if you can or at least mixing it up with water and waiting a lil bit before drinking it. I’m finding just putting it on my tongue and letting dissolve a bit before swallowing is irritating my throat because that’s not enough to let the coarse fibers to dissolve.

Its neat since now you can easily have something that uses the hormone-sensitive lipase pathway (HSL) while hitting fat loss at other angles.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
Rivet,

did ya weigh out a dose, or just approximate?

I need to get a scale I think. Anyone have a good reccomendation?
Your lucky I JUST weighed out a dose. Its so fluffy in its normal state that a heaping 1/4 tea spoon was 200mg. I got the "My Weigh 200-Z" Scale. Its a good but can only do 0. of a gram (as in 0.2= 200mg). Scales that measure nicely in the mg range cost much more.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your lucky I JUST weighed out a dose. Its so fluffy in its normal state that a heaping 1/4 tea spoon was 200mg. I got the "My Weigh 200-Z" Scale. Its a good but can only do 0. of a gram (as in 0.2= 200mg). Scales that measure nicely in the mg range cost much more.

I'm going to talk to CNW about splitting an order, so I think it's ok if I post in this forum.

I just made a deal to import some 0.01 accuracy scales at a VERY good price. I want to judge demand.

Matt, shoot me a PM please.

tattoopierced1

i'd be interested in a scale too.. all the good mg ones cost some big $$

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to talk to CNW about splitting an order, so I think it's ok if I post in this forum.

I just made a deal to import some 0.01 accuracy scales at a VERY good price. I want to judge demand.

Matt, shoot me a PM please.

How good a price? I would be interested in a better scale. I would just add one to my next CNW order after he would get them (if ge does)

On another note. Im going to have to start crushing and capping this. Its been a few days now and its starting to irritate my throat (sore throat). Its not the actual compound but the texture (think fibre glass meets cotton candy). Having it sit in water helps a little bit but still bothers me. Either cap this or perhaps take it with a shake or something creamy so the "fibres" get stuck in the shake and not in your throat. I always took it on a empty stomach about 10 mins before eating so I dont know how it acts when taken with food. Perhaps transdermal would be good...but I wonder if that would irritate the skin if not all RK's are disolved?

tsc

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
How good a price? I would be interested in a better scale. I would just add one to my next CNW order after he would get them (if ge does)

On another note. Im going to have to start crushing and capping this. Its been a few days now and its starting to irritate my throat (sore throat). Its not the actual compound but the texture (think fibre glass meets cotton candy). Having it sit in water helps a little bit but still bothers me. Either cap this or perhaps take it with a shake or something creamy so the "fibres" get stuck in the shake and not in your throat. I always took it on a empty stomach about 10 mins before eating so I dont know how it acts when taken with food. Perhaps transdermal would be good...but I wonder if that would irritate the skin if not all RK's are disolved?

RKs won't irritate the skin in a transdermal assuming you aren't allergic. I usually just add a dose into my Xceed drink. Any flavored drink will mask it. It does throw off the taste of water and even diet coke though :). OK, water has no taste, but with RKs it just has a strange flavor... easily bearable though. Its not a strong flavor, but you know its there. With xceed or any citrus or fruit flavored drink I can't tell its there.

TSC

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
RKs won't irritate the skin in a transdermal assuming you aren't allergic. I usually just add a dose into my Xceed drink. Any flavored drink will mask it. It does throw off the taste of water and even diet coke though :). OK, water has no taste, but with RKs it just has a strange flavor... easily bearable though. Its not a strong flavor, but you know its there. With xceed or any citrus or fruit flavored drink I can't tell its there.

TSC
Its not the taste bothering me. Its the fibres getting getting stuck at the back of my throat. Perhaps the RK's you have is a finely ground powder. I JUST grounded mine up and put 200mg RK 300mg Green Tea per 00 cap. Just took it and works fine and dandy 15mins later Im wondering if the temp over here went up or if its just me :)

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Look for a big word that ends in -one. There's a possibility that it might be an isomer.

rkieltyk

Awards
3,17-dihydroxy-delta-5-etiocholane-7-one diethylcarbonate

hot rox anybody?

tsc

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Its not the taste bothering me. Its the fibres getting getting stuck at the back of my throat. Perhaps the RK's you have is a finely ground powder. I JUST grounded mine up and put 200mg RK 300mg Green Tea per 00 cap. Just took it and works fine and dandy 15mins later Im wondering if the temp over here went up or if its just me :)
no, its the same stuff as you have no doubt. fluffy fiberglass like crystals. If you mix it in a drink you don't have the stuff getting stuck in your throat. The taste isn't bad, I don't think people will have a problem drinking it at all, just saying it goes better with some drink flavors. It does have a fast effect doesn't it!

TSC

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I've already got a "tail" YR.

Ubi likes it.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
no, its the same stuff as you have no doubt. fluffy fiberglass like crystals. If you mix it in a drink you don't have the stuff getting stuck in your throat. The taste isn't bad, I don't think people will have a problem drinking it at all, just saying it goes better with some drink flavors. It does have a fast effect doesn't it!

TSC
Aww I could just be impatient and didn’t let it dissolved enough! OH well I got it capped now. I can take it to work without looking like Im eating fiberglass. Aww I can barely taste it...unless I let it sit too long then it starts warming up :)

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
a ketone means there's an oxygen stuck to one of the carbons

C-O:

The suffix -one refers to a ketone

This is as opposed to an acohol, a carbon and a hydrogen stuck to the end of one of the carbons

C-O-H

The suffix -ol refers to an alcohol

all the goofy prefixes, suffixes, and numbers in an organic chemical name refer to what atoms are in it and where they are.

rkieltyk

Awards
Aww I could just be impatient and didn’t let it dissolved enough! OH well I got it capped now. I can take it to work without looking like Im eating fiberglass. Aww I can barely taste it...unless I let it sit too long then it starts warming up :)
did you have any difficulty capping it?

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
did you have any difficulty capping it?
Mortar and pestle :) Grinded it up good. Here is what I did. I spent about 5 mins grinding it (its actually pretty resistant) It became smaller fiber particles. I used a scoop from a Syntrax Nectar container. It weighs 12.3grams. I use a cap em quick kit and tamper which holds 50 caps. To get 200mg of RK per cap you need to measure out 10grams of RK and 15grams (I used green tea since they go hand in hand, something else may be more or less dense). Knowing the scoop is 12.3 grams I put in the RK's until my scale said 22.5g then I did the same for the GT until the scale said 27.5g. I put them both in a shaker cup and shook it up pretty good. This gave me 50 perfect caps after tamping 2-3 times :)

Now if you wanted to cap it all alone...that's another story...

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
a ketone means there's an oxygen stuck to one of the carbons

C-O:

The suffix -one refers to a ketone

This is as opposed to an acohol, a carbon and a hydrogen stuck to the end of one of the carbons

C-O-H

The suffix -ol refers to an alcohol

all the goofy prefixes, suffixes, and numbers in an organic chemical name refer to what atoms are in it and where they are.
:lol:
It hasn't been all that long since I took Organic 1 and 2.
I thought you were referring to a product name - not a type of molecule.

Just to clarify your post (I HATE errors) - a ketone is C=O but not on a terminal carbon while an ALDEHYDE is C(=O)-H - a terminal carbon. An alcohol is C-OH.
Incidently - both are carbonyl's.

(I was the one making fun of Custom for not knowing what a ketone was....I don't deal with ketones typically - but aldehydes are a ***** because they like react in Aldol condensations that makes beautiful red polymer once you get to a tetramer, which plugs up distillation towers/pumps/exchangers/et al.)

Good one Sinner. :lol:

rkieltyk

Awards
alright i got some RKs today and tried out ~100mg. fibers goin down were kinda weird. i havent felt the warm sensation yet, its been about 30 minutes since i took them. i wonder if you are tolerant to spices if it takes a higher dose for one to actually feel the effects

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
alright i got some RKs today and tried out ~100mg. fibers goin down were kinda weird. i havent felt the warm sensation yet, its been about 30 minutes since i took them. i wonder if you are tolerant to spices if it takes a higher dose for one to actually feel the effects
I usually take 200mg. Warm sensation usually hit me in 15mins. Man I hope your not a non responder since it would be weird. Im the ultimate non responder and this works for me. Give it time, perhaps your only going to feel the extra heat when your doing something that would create heat anyways. Like at the gym you may sweat more? I just sweat sitting down on this stuff...

rkieltyk

Awards
ill try 200mg tommorow morning, in my extremely cold room, so i should definetly know if its working. then ill take it before i workout saturday, and report back what happens

edit: i just put my hand on my face, and it feels warmer than usual (~1 hr after dose) but i wouldnt have noticed any wamrness had i not felt my face

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
ill try 200mg tommorow morning, in my extremely cold room, so i should definetly know if its working. then ill take it before i workout saturday, and report back what happens

edit: i just put my hand on my face, and it feels warmer than usual (~1 hr after dose) but i wouldnt have noticed any wamrness had i not felt my face
Yea there ya go. I dose it higher so maybe at 100mg its very slow and subtle. When I use it I have to ask my gf if the room is warm or not because I cant tell. haha

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I'm gonna place an order for them soon. They should be really interesting to try while out hunting this winter.

rkieltyk

Awards
i wonder if theres any benefit to low dosing this with meals throughout the day?

i.e. 100mg 5-6x before meals

or would it cause some stomach issues?

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
i wonder if theres any benefit to low dosing this with meals throughout the day?

i.e. 100mg 5-6x before meals

or would it cause some stomach issues?
I took it about 15mins before meal to give it time to warm me up. For ease of dosing I just took it at 200mg 3x a day. Breakfast, Mid afternoon and before bed. But your idea may work just as well or better let me know. If it causes stomach issues just try it my way or lower the dose. Good luck!

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Kinda like what the Natzi's did with DNP :)
What did they use it for... (I really hate to ask, but I have to know).

ManBeast

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
What did they use it for... (I really hate to ask, but I have to know).

ManBeast
From what I read they gave it to some soldiers in the winter. Probably just to keep them warm during the harsh winter in the field.

rkieltyk

Awards
tried to cap it with some rhodiala, probably the messiest, most unsuccesful thing ive ever done.

SO I dosed it at 200mg and didnt feel much. I am mixing it with water though. ill try it at 200 w/o water later on today if im still awake

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
tried to cap it with some rhodiala, probably the messiest, most unsuccesful thing ive ever done.

SO I dosed it at 200mg and didnt feel much. I am mixing it with water though. ill try it at 200 w/o water later on today if im still awake
Well perhaps you just tolerate it better. The only way to see if its really working is when your all out of RK see if you notice extra fat lose then normal. Then judge if the extra amount is worth the price of the RK :)

kevkes555

Awards
Can someone tell me where I can get Raspberry Ketones. I don't want capsules, just the Raspberry Ketones. Thank you

blackdream71

Awards
i'm using the 100mg RK caps from CNW, i'm only using 100mg about 30 minutes before my workout, i don't take it on an empty stomach, i usually eat a protein bar before my workout.

i've been experiencing stomach discomfort. any thought on this?

also, does anyone know if RK could cause an increase in blood pressure?

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
i'm using the 100mg RK caps from CNW, i'm only using 100mg about 30 minutes before my workout, i don't take it on an empty stomach, i usually eat a protein bar before my workout.

i've been experiencing stomach discomfort. any thought on this?

also, does anyone know if RK could cause an increase in blood pressure?
Odd I Take it on a empty stomach and I'm fine. Everyone is different...

blackdream71

Awards
Odd I Take it on a empty stomach and I'm fine. Everyone is different...
hmmm, maybe i'll take it on an empty stomach and see if that helps.

also i am experiencing the "hot" feeling you were talking about, even when i'm sitting here typing i'm breaking a sweat, lol, at least that tells ya the stuff is working. :)

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
hmmm, maybe i'll take it on an empty stomach and see if that helps.

also i am experiencing the "hot" feeling you were talking about, even when i'm sitting here typing i'm breaking a sweat, lol, at least that tells ya the stuff is working. :)
I'm glad it working out for you. You get used to that "hot" feeling after a while but it doesn't mean it has stopped working :) How do you take it? I used to just let it sit on my tongue and let it disolve but that kinda irritated my throat after a while. I mix it with great tea extract now and cap it.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
I've been tinkering with this stuff, going up to 500mg. Not that I advise it, but it is pretty nice. ;)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been tinkering with this stuff, going up to 500mg. Not that I advise it, but it is pretty nice. ;)
Same here....you should see some of the strange things we have lined up through my sick experiments.

I dig these.