Bulk Cissus back in stock

P01Shooter

Awards
Wouldn't you know it. I placed my order last Thursday and was hoping to pick some of this up. Ah well. :(

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Good stuff. TSC just posted this abstract in the Synergy muscle forum:

The use of a Cissus quadrangularis formulation in the management of weight loss and metabolic syndrome.

* Oben J,
* Kuate D,
* Agbor G,
* Momo C,
* Talla X.

ABSTRACT: Aim: Once considered a problem of developed countries, obesity and obesity-related complications (such as metabolic syndrome) are rapidly spreading around the globe. The purpose of the present study was to investigate the use of a Cissus quadrangularis formulation in the management of metabolic syndrome, particularly weight loss and central obesity. METHODS: The study was a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled design involving 123 overweight and obese persons (47.2% male; 52.8% female; ages 19 to 50). The 92 obese (BMI >30) participants were randomized into three groups---placebo, formulation/no diet, and formulation/diet (2100 to 2200 calories/day). The 31 overweight participants (BMI = 25 to 29) formed a fourth (no diet) treatment group. All participants received two daily doses of the formulation or placebo and remained on a normal or calorie-controlled diet for 8 weeks. RESULTS: At the end of the trial period, statistically significant net reductions in weight and central obesity, as well as in fasting blood glucose, total cholesterol, LDL-cholesterol, triglycerides, and C-reactive protein were observed in participants who received the formulation, regardless of diet. CONCLUSION: Cissus quadrangularis formulation appears to be useful in the management of weight loss and metabolic syndrome.

PMID: 16948861 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]

Loadre

Loadre

Awards
Just ordered mine. Is there a conversion on the bottle that says how much equals 1 gram? If not could you reply back here?

Oats n' chicken

Awards
get a measuring scoop labeled 1/4 tsp, that is prob a gram.

Loadre

Loadre

Awards
I've done other bulk powders before and a 1/4 tsp is usually about .6 gram. Who knows though. How bad is this stuff gonna taste? haha

Breezed_one

Awards
I find it tastes like coffee.. not that bad

smithsonga

smithsonga

Awards
I find it tastes like coffee.. not that bad
Uh...not quite like coffee IMO. Definitely mix with something strong like chocolate whey. Just a 1/4t flavors my entire PWO shake. More of a musky herbal twang.