Salvia Miltiorrhiza Powder

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
when will you have this in stock? we discussed this over on MnM sometime ago and someone asked you to stock this... 1fast is out of stock.

if anyone wants info on that LMK...

Onslaught

Awards
  • Established
It amazes me that this supplement is not more popular...it's quite amazing IMO.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
Never heard of it, what's it do?
i remember researching it awhile back but cant remember its mechanism. i think its included in avant labs phenogen formula and those guys are extremely knowledgable, so it must have merit.

Onslaught

Awards
  • Established
DGAT inhibitor. Super-mega-ultra-damage control. Sesamin+Salvia = ultimate in anti-fat gain.

The combination is ridiculous when it comes to cheat meals.

ECTOmorph

ECTOmorph

Awards
  • Established
smoking salvia gets you high as a mother

but it only lasts a few minutes to 10

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
salvia divinorum is the one that you smoke to get high.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
DGAT inhibitor. Super-mega-ultra-damage control. Sesamin+Salvia = ultimate in anti-fat gain.

The combination is ridiculous when it comes to cheat meals.
this thread motivated me to buy some phenogen to give salvia a try. for damage control, is it effective to dose with the cheat meal, or is it something that needs to be loaded beforehand? luckily, avant labs is still having that killer sale so i picked up 3 bottles for $60. these 3 bottles would last forever if i only need to take it with higher calorie meals. i dont cheat as it is but my upcoming bulk is approaching.

Onslaught

Awards
  • Established
WBH,

Salvia M doesn't need to be loaded, it is very effective in acute does. You're thinking of one of the other ingredients in Phenogen, that being GPA, the compound the inhibits the creation of creatine (I believe this is the mechanism). So, taking creatine or other compounds that increase ATP will defeat the point of the GPA.

An important note about chronic use of Salvia M, it will decrease insulin sensivity to due chronically elevated free fatty acids (think about it, by inhibiting DGAT, you inhibit the body's ability to store these fatty acids, this causes negative metabolic consequences if this is sustained). Now, I would imagine some sesamin would help to offset this issue, but some Na-ALA from CNW would be a good idea as well.

Na-ALA + Sesamin + Salvia M. (1/2 tsp should do it) as damage control for a cheat meal or entire day leaves me looking leaner the next day. Na-ALA before the meal, Sesamin and Salvia after the meal.

If you want to use Salvia for an extended period of time (over a month), I would imagine that doing carb cycling and cutting out the salvia on no-carb days should do the trick. Who knows, just speculating.

Another good thing about Salvia is that it seems to do damage control on my gut when eating less-than-healthy foods, something that is a problem for me.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Na-ALA how much better is that then KR-ALA? I wanna try it and customcapsule has it but that stuff is EXPENSIVE!

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
thanks for bringing this interesting herb up. It is known as Red Sage as well?

MedlinePlus Herbs and Supplements: Danshen (Salvia miltiorrhiza)

Danshen (Salvia miltiorrhiza) is widely used in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), often in combination with other herbs. Remedies containing danshen are used traditionally to treat a diversity of ailments, particularly cardiac (heart) and vascular (blood vessel) disorders such as atherosclerosis ("hardening" of the arteries with cholesterol plaques) or blood clotting abnormalities.

The ability of danshen to "thin" the blood and reduce blood clotting is well documented, although the herb's purported ability to "invigorate" the blood or improve circulation has not been demonstrated in high-quality human trials. Constituents of the danshen root, particularly protocatechualdehyde and 3,4-dihydroxyphenyl-lactic acid, are believed to be responsible for its vascular effects. Because danshen can inhibit platelet aggregation and has been reported to potentiate (increase) the blood-thinning effects of warfarin, it should be avoided in patients with bleeding disorders, prior to some surgical procedures, or when taking anticoagulant (blood-thinning) drugs, herbs, or supplements.

In the mid-1980s, scientific interest was raised in danshen's possible cardiovascular benefits, particularly in patients with ischemic stroke or coronary artery disease/angina. More recent studies have focused on possible roles in liver disease (hepatitis and cirrhosis), and as an antioxidant. However, the available research in these areas largely consists of animal studies and small human trials of poor methodological quality. Therefore, firm evidence-based conclusions are not possible at this time about the effects of danshen for any medical condition.

A small amount of research in humans suggests that danshen may improve breathing and lessen cough and wheeze in patients with chronic asthmatic bronchitis. Better studies are needed that compare danshen with more proven treatments for this condition before a clear conclusion can be drawn.

Danshen may increase the risk of bleeding. This herb is reported to inhibit platelet aggregation and to increase the blood-thinning effects of warfarin in humans. Caution is advised in patients with bleeding disorders, taking drugs that may increase the risk of bleeding, or prior to some surgical procedures. Dosing adjustments may be necessary.

Onslaught

Awards
  • Established
To get the DGAT inhibiting properties, it has to be a specific extract.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
well that should be specified in this thread if people are asking Matt to carry it... shouldn't it?

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
To get the DGAT inhibiting properties, it has to be a specific extract.
im guessing the extract is the active that is included in phenogen... can you verify this for me onslought? it would be much appreciated!

the abstract is: Salvia Miltiorrhiza (40% tanshinones) 500mg

also, is this an effective dose for damage control?

Onslaught

Awards
  • Established
well that should be specified in this thread if people are asking Matt to carry it... shouldn't it?
Matt's no dumby, I'm sure he knew this to begin with as he's no stranger to the AL boards (AL and M&M) or products.

WBH, you are correct.