Na-RALA in stock

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Cool. I had posted a thread on this in the supp. section. I'ma get some when I order - but am waiting to see if Burned comes in tomorrow.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It says 143mg gives 100mg of RALA, I don't have a scale, can someone roughly give me the measurement is teaspoons?

P01Shooter

Awards
Just placed an order and am curious as to how most of you are taking this or r-ala since this is my first time taking it. I'm thinking of 150mg's 2 or 3 times a day with alcar. Any suggestions on times?

P01Shooter

Awards
Did you ever measure out a 1/4 tsp to see how much it is? It would be greatly appreciated!

Nice quick shipping by the way!

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
This is very, very light stuff...and not dense at all. 1/4 = ~150mg.

P01Shooter

Awards
This is very, very light stuff...and not dense at all. 1/4 = ~150mg.

I noticed that. Thanks for the info now let the capping begin!!!!

Anyone else find capping stuff really relaxing?

rkretz

Awards
Does this stuff need to be capped or can you just dose by the teaspoon as needed. Im not into capping, does not capping powders degrade the material?

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I've mixed it just fine into Crystal Light. It's not like K-R-ALA - which did not mix period.
This stuff is fine.

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
NA-RALA is for better topical use than oral according to geronova.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Huh???

Where'd you see that?
They tout the solubility in water....

jrkarp

Awards
  • Established
NA-RALA is for better topical use than oral according to geronova.
That's not what the article says.

It says that it works well in topical applications when used for skin treatment.

It says nothing about its efficacy vs. oral for other applications.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
So, I guess it would be good for those that tan and are out on the beach.
(And old people....)

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
ok, I guess my brain did a one+one. my bad.

what I saw is:

they sell krala in caps
they sell nrala and say its for cosmetics.

so... if nrala was good as ot better than krala why don't they have caps of it?

Brent

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ok, I guess my brain did a one+one. my bad.

what I saw is:

they sell krala in caps
they sell nrala and say its for cosmetics.

so... if nrala was good as ot better than krala why don't they have caps of it?
How about this from their site...
Bio-Enhanced® Na-RALA 70% active R-lipoic acid powder, is stable, extremely low (<2.0 %) in insoluble polymer and offers an innovative solution for capsules, tablets and powdered drink mixes.

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
yeah I saw that. as I said, the "topical" + the fact they don't sell it in caps is what threw me off. I still don't understnad why they don't. I'll email Karyn and ask her.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Whoops.
So Na-ALA would be better for those that tan.

rkretz

Awards
Again would this product be ok just to keep in the container as is and use per teaspoon as needed? or do bulk powders NEED to be capped to preserve quality etc.???

Brent

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Again would this product be ok just to keep in the container as is and use per teaspoon as needed? or do bulk powders NEED to be capped to preserve quality etc.???

Bio-Enhanced® Na-RALA requires no refrigeration and has a shelf life of at least 3 years without polymerization.

riskarb

riskarb

Ron Paul... phuck yeah!
Awards
  • Established
Stuff is potent, but horrific going down. Oh my Lord this stuff is foul. Matt, PLEASE get this stuff capped.

Brent

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Stuff is potent, but horrific going down. Oh my Lord this stuff is foul. Matt, PLEASE get this stuff capped.

There should be a product coming with this in it. What purpose are you currently taking it for?

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Huh???
:think:

I didn't think this stuff was that bad.
I thought Grape seed extract was much worse.

(Then again, I'm mixing this stuff with the boatload of crap I bought from Custom....)

jrkarp

Awards
  • Established
I was voting for the caps because they are more convenient.

The taste was not great, but not horrible.

riskarb

riskarb

Ron Paul... phuck yeah!
Awards
  • Established
I am taking it will ALCAR, Co-Q10, Idebenone and some others.

OK, the latest strangeness... the stuff is like VX-adhesive. It's VERY difficult to remove from anything once it comes into contact with water. Our spoons are coated with this ALA residue that survives the dishwasher.

I took a small sample on my thumb and added water -- in 30 seconds the stuff bonded like crazy. It's no cyanoacrylate, but pretty adhesive.

Matt -- did you get the Na-rALA from Geronova? If not, has this stuff been tested?

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I'm having none of those problems with spoons being coated.

I'm wondering if we got the same stuff.... :confused:

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established

OK, the latest strangeness... the stuff is like VX-adhesive. It's VERY difficult to remove from anything once it comes into contact with water. Our spoons are coated with this ALA residue that survives the dishwasher.

I took a small sample on my thumb and added water -- in 30 seconds the stuff bonded like crazy. It's no cyanoacrylate, but pretty adhesive.

Matt -- did you get the Na-rALA from Geronova? If not, has this stuff been tested?
It is from Geronova, yes.

Stupid question, but is there any ALCAR mixed in there that might be causing it? I can make paste with that stuff if I let it dry out.

Maybe something happened in transit; I dunno. Drop me an email if it is a problem.

jrkarp

Awards
  • Established

I have seen nothing like this. Dissolves in water very easily and washes off spoons and out of glasses very easily.

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
same as others. and taste is very mild IMO. but im always surprised when people often complain about taste of powder x, simply because I find very few that are really that disgusting (try fish oil powder...<shiver>)

riskarb

riskarb

Ron Paul... phuck yeah!
Awards
  • Established
It is from Geronova, yes.

Stupid question, but is there any ALCAR mixed in there that might be causing it? I can make paste with that stuff if I let it dry out.

Maybe something happened in transit; I dunno. Drop me an email if it is a problem.
I am sure it's fine -- the dry-ALA isn't polymerized and looks exactly as you've described. When I take a scoop of it dry it "burns" the tongue a bit, but that is transient -- it goes away after a few seconds.

I think the ALCAR and NaRALA are reacting chemically and producing this glue, like an epoxy. It looks exactly like the unbounded RALA that has polymerized through heat when mixed with the ALCAR.

Just to prove to you guys that I am not insane, mix some ALCAR powder and NaRALA in some blueberry or grape juice. Grab one of the globs that develop and you'll see what I am seeing.

I will be taking the ALCAR and NaRALA seperately.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I've been making this "kitchen sink" concoction since I got my order from Matt. I've been putting tyrosine, rhodiola, ALCAR, piracetam (from Nutra), Na-R-ALA, bacopa, etc.

The ALCAR is old - probably 6 months. I'm not having the goop problems - maybe it's because the Alcar is old. (It's bulk Alcar.)

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
ALcar is not to be mixed with RALA under any circumstances. why take chances and mix it with anything anyway.
geronova had to make a patent for ALCAR and RALA, read their site.

protomike

protomike

Awards
  • Established
hmmm... i've been usin the alcar that i got from custom last month with some of the new na-rala. no goop or stuff covering my cups. only bad part is the slight burn when you first take it, oh and the fact that this stuff is really fluffy.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Why not take Alcar and R-ALA together?

Theres a 50 page thread as to why you should in the supp forum.
:confused:

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can take them together but don't mix them together! Same for PLCAR and RALA.

jrkarp

Awards
  • Established
I'm holding off on the ALCAR for a while.

My g/f has gotten very tolerant of my nasty protein farts.

But the ALCAR has taken them to a whole new level. They were waking her up at night.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm.

I've had no problem. (But, most of the ALCAR was in the form of Brain Drive - which is capped.)

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I jsut told you why. the react. go and read gereonova's site, or search on MnM.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
You didn't tell us why. You said "not to be mixed".

Fine - I'll go read their site.