bulk methylcobalamin

2slow

Awards
any chance of y'all carrying this? i cant find anyone else that does. would probably be a great seller.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What is this? Just sounds like alkylated B12.

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Methylcobalamin is the most potent form of Vitamin B12 found in nature. We need methylcobalamin for the healthy development and sustenance of our circulatory, immune and nervous systems. Eggs, dairy products, fish and meat, especially organ meat like liver, are good sources of Vitamin B-12. In fact, meals incorporating large amounts of liver represented the main treatment for Vitamin B-12 deficiency in the past.

Methylcobalamin is the only active form of Vitamin B-12 in the brain outside the mitochondrion. The liver must convert cyanocobalamin to methylcobalamin in order for Vitamin B-12 to do its biochemical work in the brain. When the complex conversion of cyanocobalamin is not completed, the brain is robbed of the benefits of methylcobalamin. Cyanocobalamin is a by-product of Vitamin B-12 charcoal extraction. Scientific methods led people to believe that cyanocobalamin, not methylcobalamin was the naturally occurring form of Vitamin B-12. Cyanide in the charcoal replaces the
methyl
group in much the same way as it does in the body of a cigarette smoker. Vitamin B-12 requires the assistance of Intrinsic Factor to enter the body from the small intestine. Without Intrinsic Factor, dietary Vitamin B-12 or B-12-containing supplements go unabsorbed.
Autoimmune reactions and diseases sometimes destroy the stomach's parietal cells that produce Intrinsic Factor. Pernicious anemia results from this destructive process. More rarely, pernicious anemia develops when the body makes antibodies against the binding site of Intrinsic Factor. The antibodies rob Vitamin B-12 of the binding spot on Intrinsic Factor as it tries to make its way into the small intestine. Monthly injections of Vitamin B-12 can correct the anemia, immune and neurological problems that sneak up on people with pernicious anemia

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
There is a board sponsor that carries this.

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I know, i got this directly from him. I was just making Thesinner what it was.

2slow

Awards
custom, would be something you think you would carry if the price was right?

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
custom, would be something you think you would carry if the price was right?
Powder would be cheaper I guess, but you'd still have to process it into an injectable, no? I'm not sure of the oral availability of this stuff and who knows if vits can be transdermally given. Its molecular weight is pretty high for that delivery route anyway.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
It's oral availability is touted as being 3x higher than standard B12. Given that regular B12 has crap for oral avialibility..this would be 3x more than crap. lol

Seriously though, it does seem to work orally. My wife uses it daily and it seems to keep her energy levels up. She has pernicious anemia due to ulcerative collitis.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
cyanocobalamin is 1355 amu.

So methyl is gonna weigh about 1338 amu.

The rule of thumb for transderals is >500amu

Aside from that, the molecule is incredibly branched.

(I know that this is cyanocobalamin, but take the nitrogen off the cyanide and replace it with 3 H's and it's pretty much the same thing)

2slow

Awards
Powder would be cheaper I guess, but you'd still have to process it into an injectable, no? I'm not sure of the oral availability of this stuff and who knows if vits can be transdermally given. Its molecular weight is pretty high for that delivery route anyway.
yeah, but it sure would beat $40 for 30mg:jaw:

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Ideally you want it to have a mw under 500. But there's other factors to consider as well, such as if it is lipophillic. But methylcobalamin would likely not be a good candidate for transdermal delivery. I got 200 1g lozenges of methylcobalamin for something like $7 at a local vitamin store so it's not very expensive.