Bulk Densities

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any chance of putting the bulk density of your builk supps anywhere? If it's on your site somewhere, I'm not seeing it.

I figure you guys know what they are, and it would make homebrewing a lot easier.

Thanks

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I will go through them and get it up as soon as I can.

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
A scale is an invaluable tool. If you are buying bulk it's well worth it.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
A scale is good for capping, but if you're homebrewing a drink mix, it seems rather time consuming and messy to weigh out such a large amount every single time. The density is a very valuable bit of information, especially now that they have custom mixes.

I guess by all means, I could measure out a fixed amount, weigh it, and use that. But I think the listed density would be a lot more accurate, not to mention, would attract more business because not everyone has a scale that reads in grams.

Looks like it's matter of opinion: who's responsible for knowing this information?

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yea. I measure out what dose I'm using for my drink, so I know what to use. Like I know I'm using 2/3s teaspoon for dosing my tyrosean. I use a tablespoon for doing my CM.

Most bulk products don't need exact measures so I use this as a good rule of thumb and it makes mixing drinks easy :)

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Most bulk products don't need exact measures so I use this as a good rule of thumb and it makes mixing drinks easy
I'm not trying to be offensive, and that's great that you've established a size/ serving connection for two popular supplements, but CNW has 30 on their custom mixes pages. Let's also think outside the box for a minute: Not everyone knows how much to take nor will they all do the research to find out. If you don't make homebrewing feasible, you're losing business to people who are. This whole custom mix thing is new and innovative, and should draw in new customers, but it takes two to tango: they need to be educated first. Unfortunately, they're not going to be like you and me (who have been buying the bulk powders and mixing them ourselves), they're not going to do their research. If it's not feasible, they won't go for it. That's why I asked for the densities. It's a very good idea to have. I know it's not all about being EXACT with some of these, but if you don't even know a good rule of thumb with some of these it will at least point you in the right direction.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
CNW:

Hey thanks for doing this for me. I got a spreadsheet written up that'll calculate serving size, # of servings, and % based on what you want in it. As soon as you guys get the SG's put up, I'll try and post it up here for everyone to use. My way of saying thanks.

Thanks again for doing this.

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm not trying to be offensive, and that's great that you've established a size/ serving connection for two popular supplements, but CNW has 30 on their custom mixes pages. Let's also think outside the box for a minute: Not everyone knows how much to take nor will they all do the research to find out. If you don't make homebrewing feasible, you're losing business to people who are. This whole custom mix thing is new and innovative, and should draw in new customers, but it takes two to tango: they need to be educated first. Unfortunately, they're not going to be like you and me (who have been buying the bulk powders and mixing them ourselves), they're not going to do their research. If it's not feasible, they won't go for it. That's why I asked for the densities. It's a very good idea to have. I know it's not all about being EXACT with some of these, but if you don't even know a good rule of thumb with some of these it will at least point you in the right direction.
Jesus.

I'm just saying, if you buy bulk frequently you SHOULD own a scale. End of story.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
agreed.

This thread needs to come to an end.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
All these are off 1/2 teaspoon

GMS: 1.76
Citrulline Malate: 2.22
Beta Alanine: 2.68
Gaba: 1.77
ALCAR: 2.00
Taurine: 2.5
CEE: 1.84
DiCreatine Malate: 1.86
Orotic Acid: 1.90
Choline: 2.04
Betaine (TMG): 2.00
AAKG: 1.26
NAC: 2.27
Tyrosine: 1.25
Glucuronlactone: 2.90
AKG: 1.92
Arginine Ethyl Ester: 2.20
Ornithine: 1.60
Arginine: 1.75

Others:
Nitrous Malate: 5g/tsp
BCAA: 5g/ level tablespoon
Glutamine: 5g/tsp

Easy way to figure dosing on finished custom mixed product:

It will be based off a 5 gram serving size.

So 5 grams, or 1 teaspoon would be 1/20th or 0.005 of the 1000 grams.

So, let's say you have 1 compound at 30%. 30% of 1000 is 300 grams, or for every 5 grams (1 dose) it is 1.5 grams per 5 gram serving(multiply 300 by .005).

Yes, it does come with a label detailing the amounts per dose.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I figured it would be nice for some to know what they were buying before they bought it, and was going to post up the spreadsheet I made from the SG's CNW just put up, but I'm not allowed to post attachments yet. Anyone know what I need to do to be able to post them?

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
I know things very based on their densities...but the l-tyro in partiular seems a bit off, alcar too. Most labels Ive seen for each are 390mg per 1/4 tsp for l-tyro, and 5-600 for alcar per 1/4. so doubling that would be 800ish for l-tyro and 1200 for alcar. Yet your readings are 1.25g and 2 gram? Guess all bulk sources are fairly different. Now I wonder whether my scale is off or the label on the powders.....im not trusting either right now.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
One of the reasons I really dont like to post it...because it will differ with each and every batch and how compacted the particular powder is. Like when I package the Tyrosine, I can barely get 100 grams in the conatiner, but after shipping and such, it might wind up taking only 3/4 of the jar.

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
The ALCAR is what surprised me the most. I need to really check what I amount I am getting, as its a difference between 1.5 grams and 3 daily. tyrosine im not as worried about...I go more by feel anyways.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
The ALCAR is what surprised me the most. I need to really check what I amount I am getting, as its a difference between 1.5 grams and 3 daily. tyrosine im not as worried about...I go more by feel anyways.
Alcar is one that is extremely variable. It absorbs moisture like few things do and so its density varies much according to the amount of water it's had the chance of storing...

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Bump for more bulk densities? Forskolin, longjack?

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Re-badabump. Need LongJack and Coleus Forskohlii 20% bulk densities.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It would be great to make a sticky with the different powder densities (or print them on the containers)

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
What about the grape seed extract?

Nevermind, I see you don't carry it in bulk anymore.