Omega's BURN3D Thermogenic Log

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
[wrap]http://anabolicminds.com/forum/images/estore/burned.png[/wrap] Omega Ω "BURN3D" product information:

Introducing BURN3D from Omega Sports!

BURN3D form Omega sports is the new measuring stick for fat-burners and thermogenics. Other products rely on hoards of stimulants so that you ‘feel’ something and think the product is burning fat, while in reality it is only burning through your hard earned money.

Omega Sports BURN3D is quite possibly the most potent, most synergistic thermogenic, body fat reducing product available anywhere. The combination of its three ingredients in absolute perfect amounts produces an unparalleled ‘continuous burn cycle’ of body fat that is unmatched in the industry. And if that was not enough, the ingredients in BURN3D have been clinically proven to increase muscle mass.

Sound interesting? You Bet!

Here it is in a nutshell:

BURN3D contains three main ingredients in the perfect rations for the ultimate synergy blend: Green tea extract, Forskolin and TTA.

Green Tea – antioxidant, increase in 24hour energy expenditure, inhibition of COMT leading to greater amounts of norepinephrine, all without any nervous system stimulation.

Conclusion? Helps burn fat by shifting substrate utilization away from carbs and towards fat, and does not come with any resultant nervousness or jitters.

Forskolin – decreases blood pressure, increases heart function but mainly increases intracellular cAMP. Increased cAMP results in increased fatty acids liberated from adipocytes (fat cells) for use by the body. Works independently of beta receptors, therefore can exert its effect without any nervous system stimulation.

Conclusion? Forskolin liberates fat from fat cells for use by the body.

TTA – turns the liver into a fat burning machine. Drains FFA from the blood and burns them up in the mitochondria/peroxisomes of the liver. All without any nervous system stimulation and only for fats; TTA does not increase protein or carb utilization.

Conclusion? TTA will help you use up more calories, all coming from fat sources.

So as you can see, the ingredients in Omega BURN3D will created what we have dubbed a ‘continuous burn cycle’ of body fat. Liberating fat stores into the bloodstream and then burning them for fuel is what you will get 24/7 with BURN3D. No other product on the market is designed so strategically as BURN3D to work in such harmony.

Now that you have the basics, we present the science.

Green Tea Extract – GTE is a powerful ingredient in any fat loss or general health supplement stack. GTE has been shown to be a powerful antioxidant but more importantly for our purposes, GTE has been shown to elevate resting metabolic rate (as determined by Energy Expenditure, or EE), and the increase is accompanied by a shift in substrate utilization from carbohydrates to fats with no change in protein degradation. This means that the metabolic increase due to GTE A) spares protein and B) burns more fat. How does GTE do this? It is thought that GTE inhibits an enzyme called catechol O-methyltransferase, or COMT. COMT is responsible for breaking down norepinephrine, a molecule that stimulates fat mobilization and thermogenesis (for reference, ephedrine works by increasing levels of circulating norepinephrine). Unlike ephedrine, the resultant increase in norepinephrine from GTE does not give you the jitters or make you anxious. Also, it has been shown that the primary active “catechins” in GTE, EGCG, has a “threshold” dosage before which it is eliminated quickly prior to reaching the blood. The threshold was shown to be around 375mg of EGCG ingested all at once. Prior to this dosage, only small amounts of EGCG make their way into the blood, but past this 375mg “saturation barrier” the majority of the catechins make it into the bloodstream. Thus, 400mg of EGCG at one dose has far greater effects than two 200mg doses spread apart. With this in mind, each dose of Omega BURN3D contains 400mg of EGCG, enough to reach past the saturation point and significantly elevate blood levels of the active catechins.

Coleus Forskolii – The active ingredient in this Ayurvedic herb is forskolin. Forskolin acts similarly to beta agonists like ephedrine, but without the CNS effects associated with them. This is because forskolin is able to exert its effects without beta receptor interaction. Forskolin activates an enzyme named adenylate cyclase, which in turn increases cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP). cAMP is a messenger molecule that signals the body to mobilize fat from fat cells. This is due to cAMP activating cAMP-dependant protein kinase, which activates hormone sensitive lipase (HSL). HSL is responsible for signaling fat cells to release free fatty acids (FFA) into the bloodstream for use as energy. Thus, by increasing cAMP, fat is mobilized from fat cells for use as energy. As an aside, forskolin is also known to reduce blood pressure, increase healthy heart function, increase NO and act as an antihistamine. While releasing FFA into the blood might seem like you can start winning the battle of the bulge, it is only half the equation; FFA, if not utilized as fuel (for instance, during exercise) are returned to fat cells and reincorporated. So the end point is that unless you use these extra FFA, they will just be redeposited. Which leads to the next ingredient in Omega BURN3D…

TTA - Tetradecylthioacetic acid. Yes, I know its hard to say, but it is of my opinion that any non-stimulant fat burner needs to incorporate this new and intriguing compound. TTA is a fatty acid with a sulfur atom substituted at the 3rd position in place of a carbon (also known as a 3-thia fatty acid). What this does is prevent the TTA molecule from being oxidized (or burnt up) by the body for fuel. TTA is a potent activator of a set of nuclear sub-receptors dubbed the PPARs. PPARalpha (PPARa) is responsible for fat mobilization and burning, PPARdelta (PPARd) is somewhat greyer area, as it is not too well understood, and PPARgamma (PPARg) is responsible for fat storage. TTA is a very strong activator of PPARa, leading to a host of fat burning changes. By activating PPARa (which stands for peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor), structural changes take place in the mitochondria of the body, causing them to enlarge and proliferate. The same happens with peroxisomes, which are also responsible for oxidation of fats. What does this all mean? The liver becomes a fat burning machine, draining fatty acids from the blood and burning them up in the many new mitochondria and peroxisomes. TTA has shown resultant dramatic decreases in blood FFA concentrations, and has been shown to be cardioprotective by changing cholesterol profiles from negative to beneficial.

Clearly, these ingredients compliment each other. TTA leads to drainage of FFA from the blood, and forskolin increases FFA release, meaning that they should work in synergy and lead to even greater fat loss than the two alone (and when combined with exercise and a caloric deficit, leading to total fat destruction). And with these two chugging away, GTE shifts the body over from carb utilization to fat utilization in its daily metabolism. All of this without any CNS stimulation that you can feel or that will keep you up at night.

Meaning what? Meaning that Omega BURN3D can be taken at any time of day, including before bed.

Now to speak on something I left out that really excites me.

Caffeine will work very synergistically with Omega BURN3D. 150-200mg during the morning and at midday will increase fat burning due to a couple of effects. First, caffeine is a CNS stimulant, and as shown when combined with ephedrine results in a synergistic metabolism increase (a 1+1=3 relationship). Seeing as how forskolin and GTE are very similar to ephedrine in method of response (without the CNS stimulation), combining caffeine with them would synergistically increase metabolism. Caffeine is a phosphodiesterase inhibitor; phosphodiesterase breaks down cAMP in the body. And forskolin increases cAMP…so by taking caffeine with Omega BURN3D, not only will cAMP be elevated by directly increasing it (through forskolin) but also through the indirect method of a reduction in its breakdown (via caffeine).

Supplement Facts:

Serving Size: 3 Capsules

Servings per container: 90

Amount per Serving:

TTA: 800mg

Green Tea (50% EGCG): 800mg

Forselan®: 20mg

As you may or may not know, I along with several others have been chosen by matpal to test the beta version of this new stimulant-free thermogenic product over at bb.com.

Since I know that there was a lot of interest in this product here at AM (and a lot of you don't frequent the bb.com boards), I figured I'd try to post a duplicate log over here.

Once again, I'd like to thank him for this opportunity. I have not yet recieved my bottle, but it should be here within the next couple days. In the meantime, I figured that I'd get the party started...

Now, why should you read my log?

Well first of all, you can be assured that you will be following an honest review of the product. I have no affiliation with any supplement company and I can assure you that I have have no company bias whatsoever.

Second--I have experience with TTA, forslean, and green tea extract and therefore the ability to compare this product with other similar products on the market. Also, I have quite an extensive supplement experience, and I'll be able to compare this product's effectiveness with a wide range of other products.

Third--I believe that I am above average in my knowledge of Exercise, Nutrition, Biochemistry, Physiology, and Dietary Supplements. I have both a BS in Exercise Science, a BS in Nutrition, and am currently nearing the end of my first year at medical school. Also, while working on my undergraduate degrees, I spent 2 year working as a personal trainer.

Fun Facts, Stats, etc...

I will be using this product to aid in my summer cutting cycle. I began approximately 6 weeks ago, and am down approximately 8.5lbs.

Sex: M

Height: 5' 10''

Weight: 184.5

Training Experience: I've been training consistently for ~8 years. I started out as a distance runner and football player in high school, and slowly progressed to become more interested in powerlifting/bodybuilding throughout college and into medical school. I've spent the past year and a half focusing on power movements and increasing strength, but in the process have gained more bodyfat than I would like.

Current Training Schedule:

Monday - Cardio (~2 hrs of intramural floor hockey)
Tues - Back/Abs and cardio (~30 mins low-moderate intensity on a bike)
Weds - Chest
Thurs - Legs/Abs (~30-40 mins low-moderate intensity on a bike)
Fri - Rest, possibly cardio
Sat - Shoulders/Arms (~30-35 mins low-moderate intensity on a bike)
Sun - Deadlifts/Goodmornings (~30-35 mins low-moderate intensity on a bike)

My routine is still focused around compound heavy movements to try to maintain strength. So far, I've been pretty successful in keeping the strength up while dropping bodyfat. I gradually lowered calories to avoid an immediate strength loss (which I think was a problem for me in the past--as drastic reduction in calories killed me in the gym). I seem to be able to maintain muscle mass much more easily if I don't drastically cut cals all at once. I've also focused more on moderate intesity cardio, rather than interval training, as I seem to burn fat without burning muscle this way. I try to get at least 5 days of cardio in per week.

Nutrition Facts:

Current Diet & Macros:

Carbs/Protein/Fat %
35/35/30 (Carbs taken in the morning/afternoon/preworkout only)

Typical meal components:
Carbs - Oats, Brown Rice, Broccoli, Celery, Carrots, Snow Peas, Zucchini, Spinach, Milk/Yogurt

Protein- Eggs, Fat-Free yogurt/Skim milk, Chicken breast, Tuna/Salmon, 95% lean ground beef, lean steak, 99% lean ham

Fats - Salmon, Fish oil, Almonds, Enova, Olive oil, Eggs, etc. (Depending on what I mix and match with from above).

Total calorie intake fluctuates between 1800Kcal/day - 2300Kcal/day. I find that I have better results if I fluctuate my caloric intake daily, but avg between 2000-2100Kcal per day throughout the week.

Current Daily Water Intake - about 2 gallons/day or more

Other current Supplements:

Generic Fish oil caps @ 5-6 grams/day
Generic multivitamin

Omega Sports Thunder @ 8caps/day

Ergopharm AMP (occasionally 2 caps as a pre-workout boost)

Optimum Whey Protein - as needed daily to maintain protein intake

So, if you're genuinely curious about this product (I know I am)...stop by often and enjoy the show. :)

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Good News...

Well, it looks like the Easter Bunny came a little early for me this year.

I woke up this morning to find my "basket" sitting in the mailbox. Although there weren't any Cadbury eggs, I was surprised to find 2 ßeta Bottles of the Omega Thermogenic!

Each bottle contains 180 caps, and the serving size is 3 caps.

I will begin the log tomorrow, starting at 3 caps two times/day.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Ω Day 1 Ω

Deadlift Day

Today's Dose: 3 caps with first meal, I will take another 3 before bed.

*Note: I also took 2 caps of Amp along with 8 caps of Omega Thunder pre-workout. Amp will be an occasional thing, but I plan to continue the thunder throughout the log to help maintain strength.*

Thoughts:

Well, i've only taken one dose...so obviously nothing to report in terms of effects. I had a hell of a workout today however (pulled 505lbs without a problem), which was nice. 2 caps of Amp + Omega Thunder has to be the best pre-workout boost available.

One thing I did notice however is the odor of the caps. There's a TON of green tea in these things! The bottle smells like a tea bag. I do tend to get pretty bad acid reflux, and did notice a little tea-burp...but it was actually kind of pleasant :). Anyway, so far so good.

Hope everyone enjoys their Easter Sunday!

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Re: Omega's New Beta Thermogenic Log

This looks like a very solid product. I'd like to try it myself.

Did you get measurements before starting this? What about pics?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established

I've dropped about8 pounds on this product in 3 weeks. I really like it so far, no cramps or lethargy much to my surprise but if I go from 2 pills, 3 x per day to 3 pills, 3x per day I get the runs...probably the coleus.

I am holding what I think to be a lot of subcutaneous water around my abdomen. I'll switch over to an EC soon and see if I dry out any or if it is sub Q fat. Lost considerable VAT..that much I can tell.

Solid prodcut IMO, but Matt may want to lower the coleus fraction in the caps so that people can ramp the Beta dose up without sides from the coleus.

Brent

Banned
Awards
  • Established

You might want to remove those bodybuilding store links.

Is this supposed to be a cheaper product than MP and Lipid FX?

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established

Final retail pricing has not been established yet, but I will say it will be a really good deal.

BioMan, I really agree on the coleus...being in the toilet 5 times a day is not fun. I am just having trouble finding a sweet spot for it so people can still get the benefits of that as well.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

This does look like a solid product. Sounds llike something that is a direct competitor to Melting Point while being more cost effective. Very interesting.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established

It's a shot in the dark, but I think if you went down to 12-15 mg of Forselean per serving that would allow more people to be at the recommended dose of 3 pills/3x per day and then raise it to 4 pills later in their cycle perhaps without the Forserrhea. lol

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established

Maybe drop the serving size to 20mg per serving. So 60mg per day instead of 75mg.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established

I've dropped about8 pounds on this product in 3 weeks. I really like it so far, no cramps or lethargy much to my surprise but if I go from 2 pills, 3 x per day to 3 pills, 3x per day I get the runs...probably the coleus.

I am holding what I think to be a lot of subcutaneous water around my abdomen. I'll switch over to an EC soon and see if I dry out any or if it is sub Q fat. Lost considerable VAT..that much I can tell.

Solid prodcut IMO, but Matt may want to lower the coleus fraction in the caps so that people can ramp the Beta dose up without sides from the coleus.
That is exactly why i was starting at 2 doses (50mg forslean) per day rather than 3. I realize that the TTA dose will be a bit low, but I don't want to end up in the bathroom all day. I've never had any issues with coleus personally, but then again I've never dosed much higher than 50mg/day.

I was also thinking that it seems to be too high of a coleus:TTA ratio. I think that if it were dosed at 1g TTA : 20mg forlsean per serving that would be perfect. That way we're talking 3 servings providing 3g of TTA and 60mg coleus/day. That's a pretty safe dosage of forslean along with a very effective dose of TTA. I think that MP is 500mg per cap, which is 3g per day @6 caps. This seems to be the sweet spot for most users.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established

You might want to remove those bodybuilding store links.

Is this supposed to be a cheaper product than MP and Lipid FX?
My bad, I just cut and pasted from bb.com and didn't think to remove those.

Thanks for pointing it out! :)

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established

This does look like a solid product. Sounds llike something that is a direct competitor to Melting Point while being more cost effective. Very interesting.
It's really like a MP/cAMPHIBOLIC combo (minus the bocopa). I just put a link up above for matt's Beta bottles at CNW...they're ~ $28ea for 180caps (6-9caps/day). So yea, it looks to be really cost effective...

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established

I was thinking tape, but if you can get BF done that would be awesome.

Keep track of your strength too. (I probably don't need to tell you that, just reminding.)

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established

I think that MP is 500mg per cap, which is 3g per day @6 caps. This seems to be the sweet spot for most users.
You are right in that the sweet spot is 6 caps/day, however it is not 500mg of TTA per cap but rather a TTA/flax oil blend. The actual amount of TTA per cap is not public information.

So in reality it is less than 3g per 6 caps. The only thing I know is that Robboe once stated that 8 caps of MP per day is "alot more" than 1.5g of TTA.

I'm fairly convinced the GTE is a good dose, however you might have some merit in tweaking the forsk/TTA ratio. 3g of TTA per day woudl be too much I think for most people (I'm figuring around 2.5g would be more along the lines of 6 caps of MP per day, maybe even less) but 60mg of forsk is pretty good for everyone.

So maybe a 800mg GTE, 800-900mg TTA and 20mg forskolin per serving...

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established

I second that ratio.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established

You are right in that the sweet spot is 6 caps/day, however it is not 500mg of TTA per cap but rather a TTA/flax oil blend. The actual amount of TTA per cap is not public information.

So in reality it is less than 3g per 6 caps. The only thing I know is that Robboe once stated that 8 caps of MP per day is "alot more" than 1.5g of TTA.
My mistake, thanks for clearing that up.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Ω Day 2 Ω

Sorry for not posting last night, I wasn't able to get online...but here is day two.
Back Day (no cardio)

Today's dose: 9 caps (3 caps 3x per day)

Thoughts:
I decided to up the dosage today to 9 caps due to the fact that I felt the TTA was a bit low. I noticed best effects from TTA while using 6 caps of MP/day. I'm a little leary however because I know that high doses of coleus can cause GI issues (mainly diarrhea). So far, so good however (as it is the next morning). I plan to continue with this dosage unless future sides become present.

Anyways, Had another great workout today. Strength is still up there even with continued low calorie diet. I was slightly below 2000 cal today, as I had to skip the cardio. I will try to post again later tonight.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Hehe, for me, being in the bathroom that often would be "the cure" not "the problem."

I would consider the Forseruns an added benefit

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established

Hehe, for me, being in the bathroom that often would be "the cure" not "the problem."

I would consider the Forseruns an added benefit
Do what I do, eat 6 to 10 prunes a day. I haven't missed a morning dook in years.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Ω Day 3 Ω

Again, sorry for the delay in posting. Exams are starting to get rough.

Today's dose: 3 caps x 3 (one morning, mid-day, night)

Workout: I took today off from training, but I was still able to squeeze 30 minutes of cardio in on the bike when I had a break between classes.

Thoughts: So far, so good. No sides as of yet to report. No DOMS, cramping, lethargy, etc (knock on wood). Nothing yet to report on fat loss, but I plan to weigh in sometime this week.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Ω Day 4 Ω

Today's dose: 3 caps x 3 (one morning, mid-day, night)

Workout: Chest day today. I skipped cardio as tomorrow is leg day and I like to rest the day before squats.

Thoughts: Strength still up...no decreases as of yet. If anything, I felt that it may be up a little bit. Still no sides to report. Visibly, I do look a bit leaner as well.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established

I'm just now getting the lethargy from the TTA at week 3.5. At this point, the Beta seems to have stopped burning fat and I can't really up the dose without bowel problems so I am discontinuing a few days early and switching over to an EC run with some ALCAR.

After a few weeks of this I will use up the remainder of my Beta and see what happens.

All in all, great product, great concept with compounds/herbs everyone loves. Can't wait to use the final tweaked product.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established

I'm wondering if the normal dose of the Beta burner will work well with 2 caps of Melting Point so as to increase the TTA but not the Forselean.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established

I'm wondering if the normal dose of the Beta burner will work well with 2 caps of Melting Point so as to increase the TTA but not the Forselean.
I was wondering the same. I have a 1/2 bottle of MP laying around, but I'm going to stick with just the beta in order to guage effects more accurately.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established

I'm just now getting the lethargy from the TTA at week 3.5. At this point, the Beta seems to have stopped burning fat and I can't really up the dose without bowel problems so I am discontinuing a few days early and switching over to an EC run with some ALCAR.

After a few weeks of this I will use up the remainder of my Beta and see what happens.

All in all, great product, great concept with compounds/herbs everyone loves. Can't wait to use the final tweaked product.
Have you considered switching over to sesamin for a while then going back? I plan to do something similar when the beta products runs out...

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established

No, I'd rather use some EC right now because it ties in well with all the landscaping I am doing for the next few weeks. I do two doses and drink tea all day and from previous experience with painting my house inside and out, I get pretty lean.

Plus my supplement budget..ah..really needs to be scaled back. lol

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Ω Day 5 Ω

Leg Day (no cardio)

Today's Dose: 3 caps 3x's per day (also Thunder @ 8 caps, 2 caps of Amp pre-workout)

Thoughts: Still feeling strong. Had a decent leg day today. I went heavy today (did a few singles) and came within 10lbs of my squat max. I haven't gone this heavy since the begining of December, which is when I set my PR. I still seem to be dropping bodyfat with minimal strength loss. This is something that I've never seemed to be able to accomplish in the past. Every time I've tried to cut calories in previous cutting cycles...strength went out the window.
Unfortunately, I had to skip the cardio today due to time constraints.

I should note that I have been using Omega's CEE Thunder throughout this cutting period. I believe that this has significantly contributed to my ability to maintain strength in a calorie deficit.

Sides: Still none to report.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Ω Day 6 Ω

Ω Day 6 Ω
***New Weight Update***

Shoulders & Arms (no cardio)
Today's weight: 182lbs 4/21/06 (Previous weight: 184.5lbs on 4/10/06)

Today's Dose: 3 caps 3x's

Thoughts: Well I'm down ~2.5lbs in 11 days (6 of which were while using this product). I'm pretty happy with the results as this is right around the ballpark where I want to be...anywhere between 1-2lbs lost/week. I'm maintaining strength, which is the main thing. I feel like the weight lost is almost entirely bodyfat over this time period. Workout was good today, but they closed the gym early on me so I was not able to get on a bike for cardio.

Now, I think it's important to note that I have not been able to keep up with my normal cardio protocol this week (due to lack of time, gym closing, etc.). I've only done cardio on Sunday and Tuesday of this week...and weight is still dropping significantly.

I still have no sides to report. So far, I'm pretty happy with the product.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Ω Day 7, 8, & 9 Ω

Day 7

OFF

Today's Dose: 3caps 3x's

Thoughts: I took today off from everything today to try to catch up on some studying. Still looking noticibly leaner.

Day 8

Deadlifts & 30 minutes cardio (bike)

Thoughts: Today was a light day, but I still felt really strong. Strength is still up while weight is going down. I believe the week of reduced cardio may have been a good thing, as I felt as though I could go forever on the bike.

Day 9

Off

Thoughts: This next week and a half will be academic hell. I have 11 final exams and a 10 page paper due between tomorrow and next Wednesday. Needless to say, I probably won't be making it into the gym on my normal schedule. I will however continue with the product as it seems to be working quite well. On a side note, I feel today may be the first that I've noticed some water retention with the TTA.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established

After a week of being off the Beta and on an EC run, I am just finally starting to see the water retention subside.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Ω Days 10, 11, & 12 Ω

Day 10:

OFF - 30 minutes cardio on bike

Today's Dose: 9 caps total (3 x 3's)

Thoughts: Well I had two exams today, 4 hours of classes, and spent close to 9 hours in the library. I was able to sneak in a half hour of cardio in between classes, which was nice to relieve some stress. Calories are being kept pretty low as I have not been able to resistance train as regularly as I would like.

Day 11:

Chest - no cardio

Thoughts: Only had one exam today so I was able to sneak into the gym for a quick chest day. Workout wasn't all that great, mostly due to lack of proper sleep (and also stress I'm sure). Honestly, I felt like crap all day. Strength still seemed to be pretty good however, and I still appear to be dropping weight--even with much reduced cardio/training.

I did notice however today that my hamstrings felt really tight. It almost felt as though they needed to be stretched--but stretching didnt help. Not too sure how to explain it. I'm not sure if its from the TTA however, as I've never personally experienced 'cramps' from that compound.

Day 12:

OFF

Thoughts: Only one exam today - biochemistry. I'm going to have to move legs to tomorrow (friday) in order to make sure I can get some studying in for physiology tomorrow (actually, I'm sitting in the library as I type this).

Anyway, I woke up this morning with some wicked tightness in the hamstrings. It feels like it did yesterday, just with added intensity. Stretching doesn't seem to help much. I'm not sure if these are the 'cramps' which people report with TTA? Since I've never had this problem before, I'm begining to suspect that this may be the cause. I am considering dropping the dosage down a little bit in the next few days if it persists.

For those of you who have experienced TTA cramps, what do you think?

Brent

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Re: Ω Days 10, 11, & 12 Ω

For those of you who have experienced TTA cramps, what do you think?

I stopped using potassium and increased my water intake and I felt much better. The pain was in my back.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established

Increase electroylets and possibly carbs.

Last time it happened to me, I ate 6-7 bananas that day and was OK. I think they key is to get it before it gets too bad.

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established

Increase electroylets and possibly carbs.

Last time it happened to me, I ate 6-7 bananas that day and was OK. I think they key is to get it before it gets too bad.
Bananas are great for this. 30ish grams of sugar and plenty of potassium in each one.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Ω Day 13 Ω

Leg Day

Today's Dose: n/a

Thoughts:

Well, yesterday I could feel the cramps coming. I made sure to drink about 3 gallons of water along with upping my carbs--including eating a couple of bananas. Unfortunately, I think it was too late. I woke up several times last night with cramps in the hamstrings. This morning, they felt so stiff I had trouble sitting down. I actually was able to make it into the gym for leg day, but the cramping really hindered my squats. Stiff-leg deadlifts were impossible. Strength was down, and I felt noticibly fatigued. Since my workout, I'm feeling cramping in the traps and biceps as well. I really felt aweful today.

I decided to take today off from the Burn3d. I am continuing to eat more carbs (including 3 bananas today) and keeping the water intake up. I will wait until the cramping subsides and will start up again in the next few days. I'll start at 6 caps/day and work back up to 9.

I attribute my sides to my own carelessness. I was becoming dehydrated for the last few days and I should have noticed. My caffiene intake has been very high lately, due to all the studying. The diuresis from the caffiene combined with what I'm sure was less water intake really did me in. I have had headaches which I thought were due to lack of sleep/caffiene, but now I think that it was probably due to dehydration.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established

I used Solaray's Magnesium-Potassium Asporotate during my run and I had no cramps or very much lethargy. I won't say for sure that this prevented it, given that I was dosing lower than most, but it might be worth a try.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established

Sorry to hear that, Quigs. I know first hand how brutal these can be. Take some time and recover.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established

Sorry to hear that, Quigs. I know first hand how brutal these can be. Take some time and recover.
It's my own fault. I used MP in the past with no problems, but was also extremely careful with water intake/carbs/electrolytes to make sure these sides were avoided.

Good news is that I feel MUCH better today. :thumbsup: Had a little bit of cramping this morning but another day of steady hydration and eating bananas has worked like a charm. As of right now, no cramping at all and feeling much better. The plan is to take another day off of the Beta tomorrow and resume the log Monday. I still have 5 more finals to go (in 3 days) but the good part is that it'll all be over on Wednesday. Then the normal routine will be back on track...as will be the progress reports. I've still got plenty of Beta left so stay tuned. :)

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
***update***

Well, my last final exam was Wednesday 5/3. I decided to wait until after my exams to resume the beta thermogenic...just because I wanted to be able to put in my normal training effort.

The sides did get pretty bad there, but as I stated before I attribute this more to carelessness on my part rather than the supplement. I've taken TTA in the past without problems, but I was much more careful to maintain adequate hydration. The good news is that after taking just a day off along with high water/electrolyte intake, I was back to normal.

I restarted the product the same day that I finished exams, which was wednesday. I will pick up the log where I left off, and call Weds day 14...

Day 14 - Chest, Cardio - 30 minutes bike
Day 15 - Legs, Cardio - 40 minute run
Day 16 - OFF

Dose: 6 caps (3 @ 2x's/day)

Thoughts:

Well since I've restarted (at a lower dose) I've yet to have any recurrence of sides. My sleep schedule is still all out of whack from 2 rough weeks of exams, but I am begining to feel much better. Strength was a bit down on both bench press and squat, but this is to be expected with the combination of stress and lack of sleep.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established

Days 17, 18, 19, & 20

Dose: For days 17 and 18, I continued with 6 caps/day. I then bumped up the dosage for days 19 and 20 to 8 caps/day. I split it up, 3 caps in the morning, 2 afternoon, 3 night.

Thoughts: I have still yet to experience a re-occurance of side effects. I have been drinking much more water to be sure to avoid the dehydration.

So far, the product continues to decrease bodyfat while maintaining strength.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established

Good deal. Any idea how much BF you've lost so far?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established

I just went back on what's left of my Beta. My clen seemed to have expired so I shifted back to the Beta a day ago.

It will probably be a little hard to gauge how much bf lost because of the water retention...at least it seems that way for me.

How's it coming on the final version?

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established

Being capped now. hopefully should be back to me within 1 week.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established

Waiting on labels.

imichael

Board Supporter
Awards

I've probably missed this up the thread somewhere - but what is the final dosing going to be? I bought bulk of the three powders, and I've not used the forslean yet ( I have the 95% powder) as me and my bowels are not best buddies owing to IBS.

I was thinking of suspending the forslean seperatley in oil and gradually building the dose, but capping all 3 would be more convenient.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established

yeah, I was wondering on final dosing as well because I'm looking to order supp's end of this week and if final version is not available then I'll probably by the beta. But will hold off if beta and final are not comparable.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established

The beta is still pretty dang good, it's the ratio could be a little better. It seems like I have developed a tolerance for forselean as I can now stomach 3 pills 3X a day.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established

I've probably missed this up the thread somewhere - but what is the final dosing going to be? I bought bulk of the three powders, and I've not used the forslean yet ( I have the 95% powder) as me and my bowels are not best buddies owing to IBS.

I was thinking of suspending the forslean seperatley in oil and gradually building the dose, but capping all 3 would be more convenient.
I lowered the Forslean to 20mg per dose, so it will be 800/800/20 of TTA, EGCG, Forslean.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BigGame84 Supplements 45
AZMIDLYF Supplement Logs 19
Supplement Logs 33
Aeternitatis Supplement Logs 27
Weight Loss 3