Oops...7-Hydroxy thread

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
To answer Wojo's question in the now deleted thread, I don't know why it wouldn't work as a transdermal as long as you are using a lipophilic carrier. I believe the mw of the alpha metabolite is below 500.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
So, T-gel would be ok? I think that is both lipo and hydrophilic.

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
yea i been out of this for so long i forget what t-gel is..lip would be absolved ..correct?

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
What is 7 hydroxy? I tried searching the web but found multiple possibilities.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
I thought that we had discussed this back in the day with Sledge when he was designing LX....although I can't remember what was said about it......wish I could remember to take my piracetam so that I can remember things like this :D

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
ohhh nice.............hmm now I have to start looking for a thread on making a PFO from this.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ohhh nice.............hmm now I have to start looking for a thread on making a PFO from this.
You tell me and easy way to esterfy it... Ill make the PFO recipe. :box:

Adams

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
Mat, you got a purity test for this? Or had it independantly tested?

Good 7OH is a nightmare to source. There are loads of chem houses who claim they can, but their samples (i'm talking in the 8-10 region here) all tested out bad. That is why LX has been out of stock for so long.

We've only recently found a good source for it.

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
7-OH... same as LX.

Adams

Not entirely correct. Looks like Custom's 7-hydroxy is both the 7alpha-hydroxy-DHEA (7alpha-OH-DHEA), and 7beta-hydroxy-DHEA (7beta-OH-DHEA) metabolites of 7-oxo-dhea. I believe 7-oh is just the alpha metabolite.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
Mat, you got a purity test for this? Or had it independantly tested?

Good 7OH is a nightmare to source. There are loads of chem houses who claim they can, but their samples (i'm talking in the 8-10 region here) all tested out bad. That is why LX has been out of stock for so long.

We've only recently found a good source for it.

Really? IIRC, I thougt I had read differently in one of Steve's posts. Perhaps I am mistaken. In any event, I should have a lab report posted soon with a few others I am waiting on.

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
Not entirely correct. Looks like Custom's 7-hydroxy is both the 7alpha-hydroxy-DHEA (7alpha-OH-DHEA), and 7beta-hydroxy-DHEA (7beta-OH-DHEA) metabolites of 7-oxo-dhea. I believe 7-oh is just the alpha metabolite.
No, no, not true.

LX is a blend of alpha and beta with a particular ratio that we do not disclose. That's why we just have "7-Hydroxy-dehydroepiandrosterone" written on the label.

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
Really? IIRC, I thougt I had read differently in one of Steve's posts. Perhaps I am mistaken. In any event, I should have a lab report posted soon with a few others I am waiting on.
Which Steve? TP?

It may be easy to cook up, i dunno, but apparently most chem houses can't do that properly based on the sample testing we did.

Looking forward to the lab assay.

Last edited:

jrkarp

Awards
  • Established
You tell me and easy way to esterfy it... Ill make the PFO recipe. :box:

Adams
Theoretically, fischer esterification is not supposed to be extraordinarily difficult. There's a thread on here somewhere in which Chemo discusses it and gives instructions. I looked, but I can't seem to find it.

Hopefully, custom can get a source for the esterfied 7-OH and we won't have to worry about adding the ester ourselves. :cheers:

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The original thread has returned!! :run:

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I remember ds not putting out a trans too but dont remember the reason.

Atlas

Awards
Actually I remember when SLEDGE first release LX he had three versions, a PFO, a oral, and a trans. I believe JMinis used the trans, maybe he can chime in. I am sure 7OH is fine orally as we have seen with LX, but wouldn't trandermally make it that much better? Would Stryders Penetrate be ok to dissolve this in, with maybe some DMSO? Maybe this can be the poor man's version of AB-Solved even though it is still be carried from the last batch!

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Actually I remember when SLEDGE first release LX he had three versions, a PFO, a oral, and a trans. I believe JMinis used the trans, maybe he can chime in. I am sure 7OH is fine orally as we have seen with LX, but wouldn't trandermally make it that much better? Would Stryders Penetrate be ok to dissolve this in, with maybe some DMSO? Maybe this can be the poor man's version of AB-Solved even though it is still be carried from the last batch!
The trans never happend... it may have been done himself... but DS never took off with the trans... it is strong via oral.

adams

Atlas

Awards
Well I do remember him Preselling a beta batch, but that was it! I really hope Jminis can chime in here as I believe he tested it out and liked it! But trust me it did exist!

jrkarp

Awards
  • Established
The PFO was the best (for those that don't mind going that route).

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
im asking about trans because im lazy and hate capping..im horrible at it:frustrate

jrkarp

Awards
  • Established
im asking about trans because im lazy and hate capping..im horrible at it:frustrate
I hate capping too.

The PFO is neither oral nor transdermal. Sustained release, so no need for multiple doses per day.

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
I hate capping too.

The PFO is neither oral nor transdermal. Sustained release, so no need for multiple doses per day.
ok whats pfo? ur making it sound like a suppository..lol..its its not oral or trans its (_!_):nono:

no needles for me either

jrkarp

Awards
  • Established
I love pinning. Really.

If you can get past the needle part, it's really the best way to go.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
It taking a bit more than expected to get all the tests in I recently had, so I'll just out this up now.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow.. .Lookin good Custom.. reall good... and DEFINTELY cant beat that price with a stick.

Adams

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
7-beta cannot convert to 7-oxo in the body, only 7-alpha can. It is the interconversion between 7-alpha and 7-oxo that is the real meat and potatoes for cortisol suppression (they compete for the same enzyme that converts the inert cortisone to the active cortisol).

7-beta is good for thyroid and possible neurodegenerative theraputic effect.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow.. didnt even see that alpha wasnt detected... Was just all excited to see the 98%

Adams

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
I'd like to see some data showing the beta is useless in cortisol suppression. From the little bit I have read leads me to think this is quite far from being bunk.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do you not carry original 7-OXO anymore??? I like my orignal Absolved formula, but would rather support you than a non boards sponsor.

Adams

Sky9

Tan from the Island
Awards
  • Established
You don't need to take 7OH transdermally. It does orally, what 7-oxo does transdermally.
What about putting 7OH into an aqueous solution rather than pill form. Would it be better in an alcohol, PG, or some other solvent? Also, does anyone know if it would breakdown in an aqueous solution?

JoeMama

Awards
7-beta cannot convert to 7-oxo in the body, only 7-alpha can. It is the interconversion between 7-alpha and 7-oxo that is the real meat and potatoes for cortisol suppression (they compete for the same enzyme that converts the inert cortisone to the active cortisol).

7-beta is good for thyroid and possible neurodegenerative theraputic effect.
Sorry for the repost of this question - I didn't realize it would end up on a new page, but given what Robboe said - and the fact that CNW bulk 7-Hydroxy DHEA is all 7-beta (no 7-alpha) does this mean that this particular item is useless for cortisol suppression?

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
Not at all from what I have read. More or less (and rightfully so) downgrading a like product is understandable.