How about celadrin?!

1. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.56%

How about celadrin?!

Man it would be really nice if you guys carried celadrin. I'd cap it with cissus. Any plans on it?

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.16%

Quote Originally Posted by handzilla
    Man it would be really nice if you guys carried celadrin. I'd cap it with cissus. Any plans on it?

It is a proprietary ingredient and I don't know if this is something the company that owns it would sale or not. Ill check into it though
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  263 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.29%

Quote Originally Posted by CustomCapsule
    It is a proprietary ingredient and I don't know if this is something the company that owns it would sale or not. Ill check into it though
    Another board sponser has it in bulk, so I'd imagine some deal could be made.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.48%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I really like this idea, especially with cissus.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  5. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.09%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Yeah Celadrin sounds good, I was just on your site looking to make my own joint supplement, but I needed a few more ingredients. This is what I have in mind.

Celadrin
    BioCell Collagen Type 2
    Hyaluronic Acid
    Glucosamine
    Chondroitin
    Cissus

This we be the end all Joint Supplement.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.16%

any update on the celadrin?
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.29%

Ill bump this. I would like to see Celadrin available as well.
  8. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.16%

Waiting on email back from supplier
  9. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.09%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by CustomCapsule View Post
    Waiting on email back from supplier
    Still any word on Celadrin.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.75%

Quote Originally Posted by b_delgros View Post
    Yeah Celadrin sounds good, I was just on your site looking to make my own joint supplement, but I needed a few more ingredients. This is what I have in mind.

Celadrin
    BioCell Collagen Type 2
    Hyaluronic Acid
    Glucosamine
    Chondroitin
    Cissus

This we be the end all Joint Supplement.
    Ditch the Collagen and Hyaluronic Acid and it's even better. Hyaluronic Acid has no decent studies proving it actually works on joint repair at all; it's all just theory and we know how supplement theory frequently fails.

As for collagen type 2 or any collagen for that matter, it's metabolized like fiber IIRC; i.e. it goes straight through without any digestion whatsoever.

The ultimate joint combo would be:

Celadrin (or even just Cetyl Myristoleate)
    Glucosamine
    Chondroitin
    Cissus
    Flax Seed Oil
    Fish Oil

You obviously can't mix the oils in with the other ingredients though.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.14%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I would be buying this as well....
  12. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.09%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Yeah that was a while ago when I wanted to add Hyaluronic acid, and have since then found out it is useless. I didn't know that about collagen but the formula could go without it. I knew the ones that would really work would be

Celadrin
    Glucosamine
    Chrondroiton
    Cissus

What about Cetyl Myristoleate I haven't heard much about it, is it similar to Celadrin? Also there are different forms of Glucosamine. (Hcl, NAG-N-Aceytl Glucosamine) This is a forumal that definately needs to be done.
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.75%

Quote Originally Posted by b_delgros View Post
    Yeah that was a while ago when I wanted to add Hyaluronic acid, and have since then found out it is useless. I didn't know that about collagen but the formula could go without it. I knew the ones that would really work would be

Celadrin
    Glucosamine
    Chrondroiton
    Cissus

What about Cetyl Myristoleate I haven't heard much about it, is it similar to Celadrin? Also there are different forms of Glucosamine. (Hcl, NAG-N-Aceytl Glucosamine) This is a forumal that definately needs to be done.
    Celadrin is a blend of Cetyl esters. Cetyl myristoleate is among them. I haven't read any literature about other Cetyl esters having an effect on joints, only Cetyl Myristoleate. So it could very well easily be that Celadrin actually only has 1 effective ingredient. Cetyl Myristoleate however is very difficult to refine; you end up with other esters. WHich I think is the real reason Celadrin isn't pure Cetyl Myristoleate.

As for how effective Cetyl Myristoleate is, I read at least 1 study that was double blind. 400 arthritic subjects. 100 took Cetyl Myristoleate. 100 took Cetyl Myristoleate and Glucosamine. 200 took placebo. Placebo group showed 15% improvement. CetylMyristoleate showed 67% improvement. Cetyl Myristoleate + Glucosamine showed 87% improvement.
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.5%

Here's a recent article about a Cetyl myristoleate topical cream.

Response Products' New Topical Cream Provides Quickcetyl Myristoleate-Based Relief From Joint Pain
    Wednesday August 15, 12:45 pm ET

BROKEN BOW, Neb., Aug. 15 /PRNewswire/ -- Two of the most effective joint- health ingredients on the market today have been combined into a fast-acting, all natural topical cream designed to relieve joint pain and discomfort, tendonitis, muscle cramps and soreness from injury.

CM ResponseŽ Topical Cream, the latest in the unique line of joint health products from Response Products Inc., uses a proprietary blend of cetyl myristoleate and glucosamine-HCL that is quickly absorbed for relief when and where it is needed the most.

"CM ResponseŽ Topical Cream is water-based and won't stain or stick to clothing. It's also lightly scented, which means no smelly odors that are common with other joint health creams," said Dori Simonton, president of Response Products.

Simonton said CM ResponseŽ Topical Cream contains an exclusive 100 percent plant-derived source of cetyl myristoleate and is paraben free. It also contains soothing aloe vera for easy application and comfort.

"CM ResponseŽ Topical Cream is different than most creams on the market in that it is absorbed through the skin and carried quickly to connective tissues in the area," she said. "It's a very unique product that partners extremely well with CM ResponseŽ Joint Action Formula capsules."

Simonton explained that the capsules provide all-over, long-term relief, while the cream is good for trouble spots and flare-ups from injury or over exertion. The topical cream is ideal, she added, for use before and after activities known to cause additional stress or soreness. "Combined, the capsules and topical cream deliver a one-two punch for superior joint health and function," she said.

Cetyl myristoleate -- a unique esterified fatty acid derived from myristoleic acid-is a vital ingredient in both CM ResponseŽ products. Harry Diehl, a research chemist at the National Institute of Health, discovered the powerful joint-enhancing ingredient years ago.

"During his research on arthritis," Simonton explained, "Diehl found that he was unable to induce arthritis on a particular species of mice. It turns out that these mice produced cetyl myristoleate, which helped prevent the onset of arthritis," she said. "We've taken that knowledge and expanded it, developing innovative new products that help people and the animals they love."

Simonton said cetyl myristoleate's unique molecular structure acts in four ways to enhance joint health:

-- First, cetyl myristoleate helps to regulate or "calm down" the immune
    response to joint irritation. This enhances joint recovery and
    minimizes damage from pain and stress-inducing activities.

-- Second, cetyl myristoleate acts as an anti-inflammatory. It helps
    reduce the symptoms of inflammatory arthritis and other conditions in
    which inflammation can slow recovery, further damage tissue, increase
    pain and restrict motion.

-- Third, cetyl myristoleate stimulates joint lubrication. This helps
    relieve stiffness and improve joint mobility and range of motion.

-- Fourth, cetyl myristoleate has an analgesic or "pain-killing" effect
    that reduces joint pain and raises your level of comfort.

CM ResponseŽ Topical Cream, like other joint health offerings from Response Products, is available at ResponseProducts.com or through select online and catalog retailers.

Response Products, based in Broken Bow, Nebraska, is a family-owned and operated company that has been in business since 1998. The company's first Cetyl MŽ product focused on joint health for horses, but has expanded to include products for dogs and special formulations for people. For more information, visit ResponseProducts.com.

Source: Response Products

Similar Forum Threads

1. Bobo how about a summary?
    By MrTrap in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-13-2004, 03:46 PM
  2. How about 2on/2off with dbol?
    By GangstaJDog in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-26-2004, 02:14 PM
  3. How about this cycle?
    By KFlex in forum Cycle Info