BCAA Powder Won't Mix

MoneyAddyct

Awards
Hello. I just received my shipment of BCAA Powder (Order 87) and I'm not very pleased with the way that it mixes. I've tried both 8 and 10oz of water and 8 and 10oz of juice. I've also tried adding the powder to the liquid, and adding the liquid to the powder. Each scenario has failed to provide an adequate mixture. The BCAA powder simply clumps and remains on top, with little-to-no dissolving. Any suggestions? Thank you!

MoneyAddyct

PS: I called the number that was on your website and it was disconnected. I also called 411 and they told me that there was no Custom Capsule listing in Tulsa, OK. You might want to update your site with the proper information.

CustomCapsule

CustomCapsule

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
We are in the process of moving our office not our facility where we mfg. Anyway the phone company made a mistake and shut the phones off early before we moved. They will be back on on tuesday.

I apologize for this and believe me I was very irritated myself.

As for the BCAA mixing problem have you ever used BCAA's like say xtend by scivation. This is how BCAAs mix. The leucine is very hyrdophobic and makes a filmon the surface. I usually put in shaker and shake and then swirl it around as I drink it.

If you were expecting something to mix like whey I am sorry, not possible with BCAA's

MoneyAddyct

Awards
Hey, thanks for the response. I've never used BCAAs before; I've only recently learned of their importance, so I didn't know what to expect but I figured powder would mix easily. Otherwise, why even make a powder? I guess it's more easily dosed than capsules, I don't know. I'll put it in a shaker next time and see how that goes. Thank you!

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Toss it in a water bottle and add the water, then shake it up and let it sit in your fridge for a good 30 minutes and it will mix completely.

CustomCapsule

CustomCapsule

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
They do have BCAA capsules its just that you really need to consume so many grams that it would be a ton of capsules to get what you really need.

Do what chaps said. I usually just drink mine straight but many of said if you let it sit for awhile it will dissolve Also heard if you mix it with something acetic it will help it dissolve.

moklepaul

moklepaul

Awards
  • Established
Throw a spoonful in your mouth and wash it down with water ;)

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
Toss it in a water bottle and add the water, then shake it up and let it sit in your fridge for a good 30 minutes and it will mix completely.

This is what I do and it works.

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
I add it too warm milk, you dont even know its in the milk after, its a shame it mixes so badly, everyone bcaa powder ive used is terrible.
I read that the citric acid in orange juice helps break the aminos down when they are mixed together, making them more soluble, just a thought.

ericisfly

Awards
I usually just put it in hot water than drop ice cubes later.

conwict

conwict

Awards
  • Established
I like crystal lite in a blender, then let it sit for a few. The key is to use an acidic mixture to get the Leu to blend.

SuperSasho

Awards
If you're currently supplementing with Citrulline Malate, you could do what I do, depending on when you take your BCAAs.

Simply dissolve your CM completely into your water or crystal light or whatever you take your BCAAs with, then add your BCAAs, stir, wait a few minutes, and voila!

As has been mentioned, the BCAAs, especially the leucine, are hydrophobic. Of course that's very relative, but what's certain is that a lower pH (and a higher one, incidentally) in your solution will significantly increase the rate at which BCAAs dissolve.

I've heard people recommend things like orange juice and lemon and even cola, but nobody seems to recall that CM is the sourest mother f*ckin' supplement on the planet :) The malic acid from the CM will outshine your orange juice and lemon when it comes to dissolving BCAAs, and it's a damn useful supplement in its own right! Plus, the CM will make your drink so effin' sour you'll hardly notice the bitter taste of the BCAAs at all--a win/win!

Room temperature water works best, and shaking or blending is better than stirring, but I've stirred the above-mentioned combo into ice cold water and it still works like a charm.

A lot of people take their BCAAs post-workout to get the myriad benefits including some that you really only want /after/ your workout like increased insulin response with carbs. Likewise, many people only take CM pre-workout, and might not think to combine the two.

I personally use BCAAs both before and after, as they are readily consumed by the muscles themselves and used for fuel, helping with endurance /during/ my workout, while staving off any potential muscle catabolism that might occur from BCAAs being used preferentially for fuel. This way, I can always mix my CM with my BCAAs, as I take both pre and post WO.

For the record, I use 6g a day of CM split into two doses, with 20g of BCAA split into either 2 or 3 doses depending on my schedule.

For anyone else out there looking for a solution to BCAA solubility, I urge you to try this. Works better than anything else I've tried, and you can still mix in whatever other supps you like without it getting nasty like it would if you used orange juice or cola (yuck).

Hope this helps!

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Throw a spoonful in your mouth and wash it down with water ;)
X2!

Also, someone mentioned the fridge 'method' about, and for some reason that does seem to work. I take my pre-workout supplements 30min prior to the first set, and I will make my intra-workout drink at the same time and stick in in the fridge right by the fan so it cools slightly faster.

One unique and interesting thing I wanted to mention... if you shotgun the BCAAs and then chug some water/swish around your mouth, the taste upon first dosage is quite horrible - it is this odd dull yet powerful taste. After time and daily dosing however, that knee jerk response to BCAAs COMPLETELY goes away, and somehow the taste buds adapt to the powder and you can't taste a thing!