asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
PURPLE FLOOD FINAL REVIEW

The rest of my (sponsored) log is here::

Purple Wraath's Claims:

## New And Improved Flavor!

Enhance Recovery And Increase Strength, Endurance, And Energy!

White Flood's Claims:

White Flood is a cutting edge preworkout formula that will rev you up for lifting and cardio like none other. Not only will you experience out of this world pumps, but tons of extra energy and true muscle building potential. That muscle building potential comes from the addition of compounds usually not seen in preworkout formulas of the past. We have also included potent anti-oxidants to scavenge any free radicals normally elicited by Nitric Oxide inducing ingredients. It's time to flood your system.... with the most advanced preworkout Nitric Oxide and Energy Enhancer available; White Flood!

# Fast absorbing and fast acting
# Synergy, strength and stamina
# Endurance and extreme pumps
# Nutrient delivery and recovery

First of all, my thoughts will be completely subjective, I do not care if you agree with me or not, but anyway here goes.....

Everyone seems to complain about the taste of supplements, so I will comment on that. I have used a tub of Purple Wraath in the past, bought it quite some time ago (and it lasted ages!) so it was the original version. Version 3 which is the one I had been given, was MUCH MUCH better. Still the first couple of times I tried it, I almost gagged because I had instilled in my mind the taste of the old version.. heh, weird? But after a few servings, the taste grew on me and now I look forward to drinking it. Same goes with White Flood. I enjoy drinking them, either stand alone or in a mix, without having to add other sweeteners and such. Seems like some others aren't a fan of the flavouring, but I like it!

My typical dosage: After playing around with the dosages, water, timng and the addition of bcaas, flavouring etc. I finally got it nailed down right ..

.. 1 scoop White Flood
.. 1 scoop Purple Wraath
.. 1.5L water
1/3 taken pre-workout, the rest during workout, and postwo if I was doing cardio afterwards.

As for stummy issues. I found that taken on a relatively empty stomach helped a lot. I work out first thing in the morning, so I take it 1-1.5hours after breakfast, then drive to the gym. That worked fine. Taking it 30min after a meal was not a good idea for me.

Now, onto the effects. Both products claim to increase strength, stamina and endurance. It is this where I felt most of the synergistic effects of each. I sipped my cocktail throughout the workout, and felt that I could keep working out forever, there was no crash in energy.. though I did get fatigued towards the end of the workouts. However, with the inclusion of cardio (which I have been trying to do more of) post workout, the sessions have started to last about 2 hours, and I have been impressed with the ability to last that long.

Energy-wise, WF ddid not give a huge surge in energy, as say, a caffeine pill would, but it was steady and adequate for me. I have been trying to reduce my consumption of stims anyway, so 1 scoop was more than enough for me.

Strength has flown up. Most notably I have managed to add 20+ pounds on squats and presses, dips have improved a lot, and I can see a difference in the mirror - especially in my shoulders and arms. It has aided in a nice recomp effect, and I am looking leaner (I have broken both my cameras and a phone in the past 2 months- so no pictures, really, really sorry, but at least my mp3 player still works!)

Recovery (between sets) has been good. I have performed supersets, and regular sets, with good recovery. In terms of pumps, I don't get them often or in many places, but most notably in the bis, back and calves is where I noticed them the most. Not a big deal for me.

Lastly, valuefor money. I did not buy it, but I would when these run out, if they ever do! Since I take mostly on workout days (4-5times a week) these tubs will last me forever. In 30 days, I am about about 1/4 of my way through the PW tub, and less than 1/2 way through WF. Having said that, I don't take the full serving because I'm a bit smaller, but even if you did it would still last a looong time.

Ps. Random Positive! (well maybe not so great for bulking) but White Flood MURDERS APPETITE! (vanadyl sulfate?) - good for me.

Things to improve upon..

Recovery was an issue. I had previously had the luxury of consuming >6grams of citrulline malate a day, and doms were pretty much unheard of. I did not add the extra in for this log, but I did notice that recovery was not as great and I would still wake up some mornings with soreness.

Stummy problems I pretty much worked out how to prevent it, and I've only used as much as I need to (1/2 the recommended serving) but for the bigger fellas perhaps that could be addressed.

Clumping - I think CL have already addressed the issue with their new tubs of WF, but mine seem to attract a lot of moisture. I've thrown in a few more dessiccant gels but it isn't really helping. Minor issue.

Overall I loved these products and they have helped to make my workouts, amongst all of the aforementioned points, more enjoyable.

Questions/comments please ask.

SPECIAL THANKS TO everyone following, and of course the CL homeboys TANK, PU, CERV, DDAWG!!

........​

pu12en12g

pu12en12g

CONTROLLED LABS CONSULTANT
Awards
  • Established
:dance: :pose: :dance:

Baan

Awards
Hi asianbabe, do I understand that you mix WF and PW together ?

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
someone send her a camera or two or three

pu12en12g

pu12en12g

Awards
  • Established
It's called Purple FLOOD... welcome to the revolution

:afro:

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
You have understood correctly!11!!

I took it mostly pre/during workout. Worked well and energy was sustained throughout, and no crashing. I found that for me, it works better than taking all of the WF pre-workout. :)

ddawg91

ddawg91

Awards
  • Established
Purple Flood is my fav pre workout formula, thx for the review!

SFriday

SFriday

Awards
I just tried my v3 sample and it's MUCH better tasting than the tub of v2 that I have a bit left of. Good review. :)

pu12en12g

pu12en12g

Awards
  • Established

nelix

Awards
  • Established
Your logs have convinced me to purchase Purple Flood combo.

I hope the taste is not as bad an Omega One (which I can hardly drink, it's cough syrup cherry!)

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
Not sure how it would compare to omega one. Although it isn't the best tasting nor the sweetest, I didn't think it was "bad" tasting at all.. actually after a few goes it pretty much grew on me.. . These days I look forward to drinking it. But of course everyone's opinion on taste will differ..

nelix

Awards
  • Established
Omega One is too sweet, so I may like Purple Wrath.