ICJLM Logs Blue GrowtH !!!!! (sponsored) - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

ICJLM Logs Blue GrowtH !!!!! (sponsored)

Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I guess you just needed to get in the zone! Hehe. Could be that the later workout allowed you to eat more and get more energy towards the workout?
    And end of semester time watch the stress levels as well. LIfting heavy while stressed is not so good for the body

Keep killing it man! 365 is one hell of a squat!
    RecoverBro ELITE

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

awesome numbers on those squats baby, keep killin it!
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Damn, so I've let myself get really backed up here. Been really busy with schoolwork lately, and still trying to hit it hard in the gym. When I first stopped posting about a week ago, you guys were mentioning how I need to be careful when stress begins to accumulate... well you were right. That next day I ended up straining my left pec during warmups! I couldn't go about my planned workout, which was awful. I didn't know what to do from that point on either knowing that I had a hurt pec, yet I was supposed to bench again in three days. I knew I couldn't continue to follow that benching program anymore, so I decided I may as well go back to my old power/hypertrophy program. I think the injury occurred simply from overuse. I was benching twice every six days, and was using weights around 90% my max everytime. It was just way too much, so there was no reason to let the minor injury heal when it would likely happen again shortly after.

Glad I went back to my old split. It really is great. I enjoy each and every workout. It is an 8 day rotation in which I workout on 7 of those days. Each day is drastically different, so it's a lot of fun. Today I hit lower body, and started out with some heavy squats. This is actually my first notable workout that u guys would find exciting. I did five sets of five reps on squat with 325 lbs. It was definitely tough. The rest of the workout was pure hell. Then hit four sets of a leg extension / leg press superset. Then four more sets of a leg curl / different leg press superset. Soooooo brutal. By this point I was actually on the verge of vomiting.

Oh, and when I reverted back to my old routine, I started training w a new partner! The kid is an absolute beast, but he wanted to change up his very traditional style of training to get some better results. Tomorrow we will be hitting back for hypertrophy. Hopefully I have time for an update, but damn have I been busy!

Oh, and I recently messed up my laptop, which I'm extremely upset about. When I was getting out of the show I got like literally a couple drops of water on the trackpad on my macbook, so now the pad doesn't work well at all. It spazzes out like crazy, and will sometimes erase everything I write. I am doing this from my phone bc I know I would freak out if my comp deleted this at some pt during writing. So the formatting of this may be weird. Also I don't really wanna briefly proofread this either, haha so sorry if I made some mistakes.
    •   

Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ICJLM View Post
    Damn, so I've let myself get really backed up here. Been really busy with schoolwork lately, and still trying to hit it hard in the gym. When I first stopped posting about a week ago, you guys were mentioning how I need to be careful when stress begins to accumulate... well you were right. That next day I ended up straining my left pec during warmups! I couldn't go about my planned workout, which was awful. I didn't know what to do from that point on either knowing that I had a hurt pec, yet I was supposed to bench again in three days. I knew I couldn't continue to follow that benching program anymore, so I decided I may as well go back to my old power/hypertrophy program. I think the injury occurred simply from overuse. I was benching twice every six days, and was using weights around 90% my max everytime. It was just way too much, so there was no reason to let the minor injury heal when it would likely happen again shortly after.

Glad I went back to my old split. It really is great. I enjoy each and every workout. It is an 8 day rotation in which I workout on 7 of those days. Each day is drastically different, so it's a lot of fun. Today I hit lower body, and started out with some heavy squats. This is actually my first notable workout that u guys would find exciting. I did five sets of five reps on squat with 325 lbs. It was definitely tough. The rest of the workout was pure hell. Then hit four sets of a leg extension / leg press superset. Then four more sets of a leg curl / different leg press superset. Soooooo brutal. By this point I was actually on the verge of vomiting.

Oh, and when I reverted back to my old routine, I started training w a new partner! The kid is an absolute beast, but he wanted to change up his very traditional style of training to get some better results. Tomorrow we will be hitting back for hypertrophy. Hopefully I have time for an update, but damn have I been busy!

Oh, and I recently messed up my laptop, which I'm extremely upset about. When I was getting out of the show I got like literally a couple drops of water on the trackpad on my macbook, so now the pad doesn't work well at all. It spazzes out like crazy, and will sometimes erase everything I write. I am doing this from my phone bc I know I would freak out if my comp deleted this at some pt during writing. So the formatting of this may be weird. Also I don't really wanna briefly proofread this either, haha so sorry if I made some mistakes.
    I find that I have to drop my weight to around 60% of my max at least one of the two times I lift a week. (On the same lift obviously). Two session of 85%+ really kills my strength and recovery. I basically cant do more than 2 days of 85%+ its just not possible.... haha.
    Im thinking of adopting a form of power/hyper. What program were you looking at?
    RecoverBro ELITE
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    I find that I have to drop my weight to around 60% of my max at least one of the two times I lift a week. (On the same lift obviously). Two session of 85%+ really kills my strength and recovery. I basically cant do more than 2 days of 85%+ its just not possible.... haha.
    Im thinking of adopting a form of power/hyper. What program were you looking at?
    Exactly, it simply is not possible for us to train with weights that heavy multiple times a week without the assistance of banned substances. Or perhaps unless you have EVERY piece of your bodybuilding lifestyle in place. This includes minimizing stress, which simply is not a possibility for me right now, and I need to accept that.

Ya, dude, definitely consider power/hyp training. I think it is very effective. If you are methodical about planning your workouts, it basically ensures that you get both stronger and bigger at all times. The way I do it is a bit different, but hear me out! Mainly, I don't like to divide up the two power days by upper body and lower body. Let me first explain what I dislike about this approach. I think having a power upper body day would require way more exercises than a power lower body day. For a power lower body day I feel like there isn't much more you can do other than squatting, leg pressing, and heavy extensions/curls. Some ppl may opt to deadlift here, but I think that involves more upper body than lower body, or at least with my style of deadlifting. So that is another issue: where you throw in exercise like deads, hang cleans, push press, and so on.

The way I do it is an 8-day rotation where my first two days are my power days that basically end up hitting everything by the end. On day one I focus on chest, quads, and some front delt. The next day is posterior chain, so I focus on hams, calves, and back -which includes rear delt.
    The first day I like to hit a heavy bb press, be it either incline, flat, or decline. Then I want one heavy chest isolation as well, so I do heavy machine flies. I often will superset this with a BB overhead press partial to overload tris, which also hits some front delt. Then I do CGBP supersetted with a heavy DB front raise in which I allow myself to cheat a lot, but it allows me to be more explosive. Then I do push press. Then I do a heavy leg press where I have a low and close foot placement; this particular style and machine allows me to get most of then tension on my quads. Then I do heavyass extensions and call it a day.
    The second power day I typically start with heavy deads from the ground. Then I will normally hang clean and superset that with a lighter deadlift from a deficit in which I focus on explosion. I sometimes make that a triple superset by throwing in heavyass leg curls. Then I do one heavy vertical pull and one heavy horizontal pull. I often superset those with calves, since I have long rest times between pulls anyhow.

Note also that these days can be quite a bit more complicated because of the variation I use. Sometimes I will stay away from floor deads for a bit and go heavy from a deficit or a rack. Likewise, I often rotate between the types of heavy bb benching I start with on day 1. So it all depends, but this is a very comprehensive routine. I feel doing the power days in this fashion eliminates much of the overlap, and keeps the days about the same length. For the next five days after, I train with a more traditional bodybuilding approach that focuses more on achieving hypertrophy. Then the eighth day is finally a rest day. This split always gives me sick gains.

Today is day 6/8 of the split. I will be training just back, and am leaving for the gym very soon. I'll tell more about this session later.
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.

Yesterday's Back workout was nothing out of the ordinary. Did a lot of intense supersetting and whatnot as usual. Yesterday I actually ended up not being that sore, which was surprising considering the crazy leg workout I had the day prior. Since I started my old routine back up again, I have been training with a buddy of mine. The kid absolutely blows me out of the water. He is a fukkin meatstick, but he is pretty short. Still though, he wanted to change up his training since it was all pretty basic, yet he has made tremendous gains. I let him hop on board with me once I started the old power/hyp routine back up. He is keeping up fine with the workouts, but he is getting some goodass DOMs. Yesterday when we were doing back he said his legs were literally sore everywhere. Up and down his entire quad, up and down his entire hamstring, and so on. I was not very sore though. Could be the Blue GrowtH at work, helping to fight DOMs!
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Man that is one MEAN workout.. I wonder if I should adjust to that. It seems to be doing you really well.

Super setting power movements. You don't feel your CNS to be over taxed? I used to do a training scheme like this but I felt I burnt out too fast. Granted I was heavy dieted at the time...
    How do your hypertrophy days look? Similar to Layne Norton's template? Supersetted movements 8-12 rep range? Plus some dynamics? Or do you skip the dynamic effort work ?(Seein you have some on the power days)
    RecoverBro ELITE
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.

Day 31 - Arms

I went back through the log and figured out that today is day 31 on BGH. I still have about 15 pills remaining, so this log is coming to a close. I have mostly been sticking to the 5 pill dose but sometimes bring it down to 4 pills. For instance, last night I took 4 because I knew I would only be getting about six hours of sleep. I thought maybe avoiding the higher dose would prevent any type of "hangover" effect. I have noticed that I have a tougher time getting up when my alarm goes off. There were many days where I contemplated skipping classes and just sleeping in, but I would never allow myself to do that. It was just extra difficult to get out of bed. During the day though, I never feel tired. Once I'm up, I'm up. This is such a drastic difference compared to when I was on Compound 20 a couple months ago. That crap made me feel like straight azzhole. That stuff was complete garbage. When I was on that stuff, the only thing I could think about during the day was crawling into my bed and sleeping. Now on BGH, I am back to feeling like a million bucks during the day.

I hit bis and tris today in the gym. It's the last day of the split before my one rest day tomorrow. We just felt like wrecking our arms, so we ended up doing quite a bit. We started with cross body hammer curls supersetted with a tricep pushdown at the cables. Next we did one arm DB preacher curls with fatgripz attached, supersetted with overhead DB tri extensions. Next we supersetted reverse grip EZ bar curls with skullcrushers on an incline. Then we hit a machine for bis and supersetted with a machine for tris. Then we did some curls at the two cables with a high handle attachment, supersetted with a pushdown variation performed at the assisted pullup/dip machine. We sat down on the stairs leading up to the assistance apparatus, and pushed down on the part where your feet go when the machine helps to lift u.... if that makes sense..?

Had a nice pump throughout the training session, and ended up moving some good weight. Got a lot of compliments in the gym today. Like, a lot. Always a good feeling. That's all for now. Tonnnnsssss of school work to do. Oh well, ain't nuthin' to it but to do it!
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Man that is one MEAN workout.. I wonder if I should adjust to that. It seems to be doing you really well.

Super setting power movements. You don't feel your CNS to be over taxed? I used to do a training scheme like this but I felt I burnt out too fast. Granted I was heavy dieted at the time...
    How do your hypertrophy days look? Similar to Layne Norton's template? Supersetted movements 8-12 rep range? Plus some dynamics? Or do you skip the dynamic effort work ?(Seein you have some on the power days)
    I include more dynamic work on the power days. I consider them to be power/speed/explosiveness/dynamic days. I think it fits better with this lifting scheme. Then, yes, on the hypertrophy days I do a lot more supersetting and have much lengthier sets. And yes, it can be too much sometimes if I keep hitting it hard week in and week out. You will hear about this in my next post.
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.

So on monday, I trained my back/hams/calves power day. At least I attempted to train. I ended up getting hurt pretty badly. The previous night actually happened to be my last dose of BGH. I'm obviously not attributing my injury to BGH whatsoever. It is entirely my own fault, because I have been overdoing it in the gym for a while now. I'm not sure if I have mentioned it in this log, but my left lat has been feeling very tight the past several weeks. It can be quite painful while stretching, and I feel the stretching pain all the way through my triceps as well. As I have mentioned in here multiple times, my pec on the same side has gotten strained as well. My lat felt really strange last week during my weighted pullups, but I've just been lifting through it.

Judging by my minor pec injury, and tightness in my lat, I knew I drastically needed some type of deload or time off. I absolutely needed it. I kept putting it off though, because I just wanted to keep pushing hard until the end of this semester. But now I'm paying the price.

So I'll tell ya what happened on Monday. I went in and planned to have an ordinary workout. Started off with some deadlifts. Got in my extensive warmups as usual. That day I decided to deadlift from a slight deficit just to change it up. I got to 315 which is nothing for me, and probably only did 4 reps or so since I was still warming up. Then put on 365 and did 3 easy reps just so I didn't have to make the drastic jump from 315 to 405. My lat felt a little tight after this set, but nothing drastic so I didn't really think anything of it. I just stretched it out a little more after I slapped on 405 so I figured it would be fine. So once I got to my set of 405, I really didn't have any target number of reps in mind. Since I was pulling from a deficit, I wasn't sure what to expect for my rep range. Rep one: easy. Rep two: easy. Rep three: easy.... Then came rep four. I felt fine in the moment before this rep, but as soon as it left the ground I felt my left lat contracting spastically. It was one of those moment where I kind of forgot what happened because I was so angry. But, I think I stopped in the middle of the rep when it was about six inches off the ground so I could think to myself, what the f*k is my lat doing right now? Then I kind of realized, damn, I need to drop this bar right now. So I let it hit the ground, and I'm pretty sure I shouted "F*CK" really loud and just ran down in the locker room. At least a friend who was on a nearby bench told me I did haha. My lat was extremely tight, and I had a tough time performing any type of movement with that arm. It was just such a strange experience. The only way I can describe it is that my lat was rapidly contracting on its own, almost as if to alarm me of the potential injury that I would acquire if I were to continue.

It definitely could have been a lot worse, had I completed the rep. I was just pissed cuz the weight felt extremely easy, so it sucks getting hurt with relatively simple weights. It's kind of like when I hurt my pec during warmups for bench. My body has been sending me signs for a while now that are basically saying "back the hell off!" But I haven't wanted to listen. Instead, I've put myself in this stupid situation. I will now be taking probably two weeks off of ANY upper body resistance training. Rather, I could have just done a deload week, or a week off, but now I have to do this crap instead. Oh well; you live, you learn.

When I woke up on Tuesday, my lat felt pretty bad, but slightly better than Monday night. As Tuesday progressed I just kept feeling better and better as the hours passed by. Then yesterday the same was true. I was able to much easily carry out most tasks. Then today is the same; I just keep getting better and better. I eat a pretty ridiculously healthy diet, so the recovery should hopefully come quickly. Plus my body will probably really take advantage of this time off... But seriously, on monday after it happened, basically every kind of activity hurt. Sitting down, Standing up, Showering, Eating, Climbing stairs, and dressing was an absolute pain in the you know what. I actually ended up ripping off my cutoff that I wore to the gym that day because I could not get it off. Now, everything is fine to do again, but it definitely does still hurt at certain points. I never realized how often your lats are activated during activities of daily living.

Soooooooo, this also means I am done with BGH now, and have been for a few days. I wanna try to get up a final review, but I'm having a tough time thinking of what to judge it on. I'll probably write a little something later on tonight, because I have a pretty free day today on this lovely Thursday.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-05-2011, 05:16 AM
  2. A Hardcore Blue Growth Log. Blue Growth + Microdrol
    By fightbackhxc in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 01-14-2011, 04:09 PM
  3. Blue GrowtH / White Blood Log (sponsored)
    By MM11 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 12-23-2010, 01:09 AM
  4. RR Logs Blue GrowtH & TCF-1
    By RenegadeRows in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-15-2010, 10:18 PM
  5. Replies: 361
    Last Post: 10-12-2010, 12:33 PM