RR Controlled Labs Journal / BLOG / Information Center

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Subsrcibe to this thread if:

• You want to know the science behind how CL products work
  • You want studies on CL product ingredients.
  • You want to know tips on training and exercise science
  • You want to see how I, personally, utilize CL products to reach my goals.
  • You want to know which CL products are best to stack for your goals.
  • You want inside tips on how best to utilize CL products.
  • And much more!!!
This is going to be a big project for me, Im going to put alot into this thread.

I hope to see alot of interest in this.

Thank you,
RenegadeRows & Controlled Labs

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
My First Topic is Going to be the Blue GIANT Stack: Blue Gene, Blue GrowtH, Blue Up (stim free)

DOSAGE 7/10
Easy peasy if your ok with swallowing lots of pills, I'm sure most on here have no problem with it.

NEG SIDES 10/10
I have been typically sensitive to Tribulus in the past and noticed a slight increase in anxiety while using it at first, however after about 3 days those sides subsided and i had no issues. I did not taper any of the products and although its only been about 10 days post use I have not fealt any drop off or withdrawal.

LIBIDO10/10
I have taken Blue Gene in the past as a stand alone and had a rediculous boost in libido. This time was no different although I will say it really does not kick in until week 3 in my experience. When I take BG as a stand alone I will run it for 8 weeks and the libido boost from week 3-8 is nuts. If your not getting laid on a daily basis or close to it I would suggest "taking care of yourself" before leaving your house otherwise you will literaly feel like a wild animal out there!

STRENGTH 7/10
I noticed some good increases in strengh while on the run but to me it's not this stacks main purpose. I wasn't out to set any records and with my last 6 months recovering from pesky injuries i just assumed recomp as much as possible so I trained with more a hypertrophy based routine. I think this would be a great stack for a bulk but it just wasn't in the cards for me at the time of the run.

OVERALL9/10
I would recommend any one of these products as I would really anything from CL. I know this is a sponsored log but I have been using CL products for a long time including just starting Purple Psyko! The Blue product line is very very clean and has a very gradual rate of effectivness imo. You wont take the pills and go to the gym and set PR's on day 1 but after a few days without even noticing your intensity and focus will start going nutz and you will find yourself not wanting to leave the gym. I noticed I would get a little chippy at times but i actually like that aspect of the stack. Hunger did not increase too much but thirst was up a tad.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established

Have you ever trained so hard, that every night you feel like you can't recover fast enough? Do you wake up tired, even if you got a full nights rest? Here at Controlled Labs, we strive to create products that allow you to acheive your goals in a safe, healthy and inexpensive way. Our latest product, Blue GrowtH™, was designed just for this.

Growth and regeneration are the top requirements that bodybuilders and athletes are always looking for. These two elements are what can make or break an athlete in a particular sport and why so many have turned to HGH (Human Growth Hormone) supplementation. HGH is largely responsible for these two relished bodily processes amongst top athletes and amateurs alike. This hormone is the key to true growth.

Mucuna Pruriens

The backbone of many herbal GH products is L-Dopa (Mucuna Pruriens). Blue GrowtH contains an extract of L-Dopa that is 60% pure, one of the highest available. Some of the benefits of L-Dopa include increase in testosterone, an aphrodisiac (increases libido and is good for impotency and erectile dysfunction), as a muscle builder and is used to stimulate growth of hormone, lowers blood sugar and blood pressure, calms nerves and aids in weight loss. (1) It's plain to see why this ingredient is so popular in the bodybuilding arena. L-Dopa also acts as a natural anti-prolactin.

Safed Musli
The next ingredient we include is Safed Musli. This herb has been used in India (Ayurvedic literature celebrates Safed Musli as a miracle plant) for aiding in sexual function. Along with enhancing male potency, it has also been known to help battle fatigue, increase energy and boost testosterone. The saponins contained in Safed Musli have shown traces of stigmasterol. Stigmasterol shares a similar structure to testosterone. It is believed to latch on to the same body receptors that testosterone attaches to which causes stigmasterol to act nearly the same as testosterone. (2)

Carnitine
Another main component of Blue GrowtH, as well as our other product Blue Gene, is Carnitine. This takes two forms, L-Carnitine as Tartrate, and GlycoCarn™. Carnitine, in it's simplest terms, raises nitric oxide levels. This is a key part of the Blue GrowtH formula. This allows for deeper rest and recovery through the transport of essential blood nutrients and growth factors. Supplementation with L-Carnitine has been shown to increase testosterone, insulin-like growth factor-I, insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-3 [IGFBP-3], and immunofunctional and immunoreactive growth hormone [GHif and GHir](3)

5-HTP

5-HTP was included because BGH (Blue GrowtH) is designed for pre-bedtime use. 5-HTP is 5-Hydroxytryptophan, as most people know "tryptophan" is the ingredient in turkey which makes so many people sleepy after Thanksgiving dinner. 5-HTP crosses the blood-brain barrier and increases the production of seratonin, or the chemical essential for sleep. Deep sleep will increase growth hormone release. 5-HTP will also put the user into a state relaxation, as depression and anxiety is sometimes related to a lack of seratonin. The final use of 5-HTP in the Blue GrowtH formula is to surpress appetite, allowing you to sleep without being awoken with hunger or cravings for food.(4)

Here's what some athletes had to say about Blue GrowtH...

I was training harder and faster than I had in a very long time without changing anything in my diet so this can be attributed strictly to Blue GrowtH. My workouts went faster without cutting any corners and I was putting up heavier weight.

The sleep I experienced with Blue Growth was outstanding. Most nights I fell asleep considerably quicker and then stayed asleep (only getting up to occasionally use the bathroom). It definitely help set the mood to sleep, with a calm relaxing feeling.

My skin has definitely benefited from Blue GrowtH. Ever since I started taking this product, I have noticed that my skin (primarily on my face and body) has firmed up a good bit. I have a lot of stretch marks since I have started working out (I have lost 25-30 lbs). Blue GrowtH has seemed to take these stretch marks (the ones near my thigh area and arm pit area) and has seemed to smooth them over somewhat. Overall, I would rate this product a 10/10.

Usually within 20 minutes of taking Blue Growth my eyes felt heavy and I was ready to pass out. I did notice that I felt more refreshed upon waking when I was taking Blue Growth.

I had some pretty vivid dreams while on Blue GrowtH as well. I feel for the price this is a pretty solid supplement.

Increased Energy/Well Being was also a prominent effect of the product, I had great energy levels and mental clarity during the day and, overall, a better sense of well being.Overall, great product that I'll be purchasing in the future

I don't believe I had one single workout without at least 1 PR since I started Blue Growth. I felt stronger every single workout. Did I make outrageous gains in 30 days, no, but I do feel like I was continually making progress, yes. I didn't expect superhuman strength changes, but I saw enough to make me want more! Combined with Blue Gene, ya have one heck of progress maker/plateau buster!

My strength and endurance has been up too. I may have broke a personal record with my bench at my weight.

I would definitely recommend this product to anyone seeking to have a better night's sleep, and I think that it's properties would really shine in a caloric defecit- when people usually lack to most sleep and could use the most recovery!

(1)L-dopa Benefit of Mucuna Pruriens
(2)The Safed Musli Plant and Natural Bodybuilding Supplements
(3)The effects of L-carnitine L-tartrate supplementat... [J Strength Cond Res. 2003] - PubMed result
(4)5-Hydroxytryptophan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established

Blue Gene was designed to help the serious athlete optimize mitochondrial biogenesis, hormone level ratios, and support oxygen rich blood cells during athletic performance and recovery, this stimulant-free formula means more endurance, power, and better recovery without pro-hormones or grey area compounds. No hormones means no post-cycle therapy, depression, or other risks associated with exogenous hormonal ingestion.

The Blue C complex this product contains is a 3750mg blend of anti-catabolic, pro-anabolic ingredients that were not chosen at random. They work together and compliment eachother, creating a synergy that is hard to beat.

Cissus is a natural, cutting-edge anti-cortisol / anti-catabolic compound that has taken the supplement industry by storm. While more research is needed on the exact mechanism of its anti-catabolic activity, we do know that the phytoconstituents are active and effective, improving the healing rate of tendons and ligaments (tendons and ligament function is essential for weightlifting strength and form). Acting as a natural glucocorticoid antagonist, Cissus may also have anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. It has also been seen to aid in reducing obesity and reducing cholesterol. *1*​

Blue Gene also includes a hefty 1800mg dose of L-Carnitine. Carnitine was added to the formula for its numerous benefits, including recovery from intense training and reduced DOMS. Carnitine is responsible for the transport of long-chain fatty acids into the energy-producing centers of the cells (known as the mitochondria). In other words, carnitine helps the body convert fatty acids into energy, which is used primarily for muscular activities throughout the body. *2* Several studies suggest that L-carnitine supplementation may increase sperm count and mobility. One of the most promising studies we have seen from Carnitine showed an increase in testosterone, IGF-I, IGFBP-3 and GH after just 3 weeks of supplementation, in relation to exercise. *3*

Carao and Catuaba extracts work in synergy with other ingredients to help the target muscle group receive more oxygen, improving performance and strength. As a bonus, many users report a noticeable increase in libido. It's no surprise it was added, as everyone knows that you need oxygen to your muscles in order for them to function at their peak. There's a saying among the people who live in the small villages of Brazil: Until a man is 60, the child is his... after that, it's Catuaba. No, Catuaba isn't the town gigolo, it's an herb that has been used for centuries as a treatment for infertility. Studies are scant but one instance where Catuaba was administered to 100 men, it turned out that in more than half of them, sperm count increased while the weight of prostate decreased. *4* This is tremendously exciting news to bodybuilders who want the most testosterone they can get without the potentially negative effects on the prostate.​

Quercetin and Ginkgo Biloba (used for centuries in traditional Chinese medicine) provide a stimulant-free performance boost by increasing oxygen and circulation, giving the serious athlete a unique alternative to stimulant-based products. As a bonus, over time the formula may help support a healthy immune / respiratory system with potent anti-oxidant, anti-viral, and anti-allergen properties. Sodium Bicarbonate acting as a hydrogen buffer, helps reduce fatigue during training and enhance recovery between sets. Quercetin has demonstrated significant anti-inflammatory activity because of direct inhibition of several initial processes of inflammation.*5*. For example, it inhibits both the manufacture and release of histamine and other allergic/inflammatory mediators. In addition, it exerts potent antioxidant activity and vitamin C-sparing action. Anti-inflammatory properties are great in helping to fight DOMs and increase endurance levels.

lcariin, Grape Seed Extract, Griffonia Simplicifolia Extract, Apigenin, Luteolin and Niacin work in synergy to help increase bloodflow, natural growth hormone levels, and circulating levels of testosterone while keeping estrogen under control. The formula may even help with cholesterol ratio (cholesterol is the building block for testosterone). Grape seed extract provides cardiovascular protection by preventing oxidation of lipoproteins (LDL), and also strengthens the capillaries ensuring a good supply of oxygen and nutrients to your muscles. GSE has also been shown to act as an Aromatase Inhibitor. *6* Icariin has been shown to mimic the effects of testosterone *7*, and also act as an antioxidant *8*.

It is obvious to see the science behind Blue GENE, and why it was formulated this way. The obvious synergy between all of the ingredients is a force to be reckoned with. But what about user feedback? How well did it stand up in the gym? Just see for yourself...

By week three, my superior performance was so prevalent and impressive, that I actually ordered my own bottle to continue Blue GENE once my official 30 day sponsorship ended. The second most notable aspect about my Blue GENE experience was an insane boost in my libido. I actually had never experienced such a libido boost on anything I’ve ever taken. However, this libido boost reached a pinnacle by the end of week two and my libido began to diminish until I reached normalcy again.
Libido was quick, focus was too, both within days. The endurance I felt built up over the month, and I think running two bottles could only get better. Kudo's to you guys for putting together a formula that successfully addresses such a wide range of an athletes needs.
While on BLUE GENE, I hit a couple of PRs. I never plateaued, and I always showed some type of progression (whether it was putting up slightly more weight, or pumping out another set with an extra 4 reps). This is due in part to the synergy between my diet principles, training regiment, and supplementation. There has only really been a couple natural test boosters that made me feel "on" (which I compare to my first cycle of a PH (11oxo) ). I felt ON during this log after a couple weeks, despite the mental stress and fatigue I underwent during my move/job relo.

AFter I started feeling ON initially, my muscles were harder, I felt leaner (but there wasnt a significant correlation in terms of my weight, hydration level, and BF through my tanita scale). This was a similar feeling to a cycle of 11oxo. Again, dont expect PH numbers, but the effects are half the battle in pushing the intensity and motivation during workouts.

I was able to consistently have intense workouts, combined with 30-45 minutes of cardio, alternating between moderate level and HIIT exercises to really push myself to the limit. I really didnt comment much on my cardio throughout my log, due to the fact it remained consistent throughout the log. I was hesitant to change it up too much for fear of skewing results.

One of the other more prominent effects I witnessed of BLUE gene was the effect it had on libido - I noticed a significant increase at the end of week 1, and remained consistent throughout. I dont think I really need to elaborate on this, but stamina and intensity were increased, which is always welcomed. I am glad that I am off it now due to the fact of my fiancee being 1300 miles away would make things a bit more difficult.

Many companies are coming out with great natural alternatives, and BLUE gene is now one of my favorites. I really think the product (for me) delivered on what it said it would do.

What is interesting is that I was on maintenance calories and I ended up losing 5 pounds - but got stronger, had longer workouts, worked out more frequently, experienced little to almost no DOMS. I couldnt ask for more in a natural test booster.

I loved this product, and would highly recommended it to anyone looking for a safe, natural test booster.
Libido : Blue Gene made me want to be in bed all day...and I don't mean with a cold. This product is INSANE at raising your sex drive...
I mean, in one month I feel so much stronger it's ridiculous. I recommend Blue Gene for anyone who is looking for a kick in the test levels, some good endurance, and potential power increases!
Listen, this is an excellent product. I noticed many effects after the first week, and they just continued to get more noticible. At no point during my run did the effects subside, rather, they intensified.

The main benefit Blue Gene gave me was muscle fullness/hardness. This is probably due to the Icariin, which is one of my favorite ingredients. Clearly, CL has place the correct amount and percentage (50%) in this product. I felt pumped all day. It was the type of pumped where you find yourself touching your shoulders/chest/arms at random points during the day, because you can't believe how solid they feel.

My strength and endurance did have noticible increases during the run. I hit a new max on the bench (235) and a new rep max at 185 (9).

Agression/focus was solid on Blue Gene as well.

I did not have any noticible improvement in my joints, but then again, I don't really have joint issues to begin with.

I would definitely use Blue Gene again, and I plan to in the future (after the Christmas craziness). The next time, I will run two bottles.
I've hit day 30 of my Blue Gene log. Here's a quick recap, I've been dosing at 6 caps per day, about an hour before my afternoon workout. The tablets are about the size of a typical multivitamin and go down very easily. I never experienced any ill side effects; no bad after taste or stomach problems.

Observations:

Joint Relief: The biggest benefit I've experienced is in my joints, especially shoulders and knees. Cissus is a great ingrediant and I was very pleased to see this is the formula. This also indirectly lead to a gain in my strength, I wasnt hindered by pain when lifting heavy.

Recovery: Everyone's favorite - DOMS. I noticed that my muscle were not as sore in the mornings. After a heavy chest, back or leg day, my worked muscles would tend to be pretty sore the following day or 2. With Blue Gene, the soreness was lessened and only vaguely apparent the following day.

Endurance: I typically do reps in the 8-10 range. Since my body is so use to that, I tend to get fatigued pretty quickly after ~12 reps. During the past 30 days, I put purposely tried to bump that up and I did with very little problems. I felt a lot better in the 12 to 20 rep range, I felt less fatigued and "worn out".

My weight has remained constant. Initially I was trying to lose weight, but ended up eating right around maintenance. Muscle fullness, pump, were comparable to your average NO product. Libido was higher than normal. Sleep was better than average, woke up with a nice "refreshed" feeling.

This product along with Orange Triad, would make a perfect "staple stack", especially for active people who are getting up there in age like myself I still have a couple more bottles to go through so I'll update this log with further progress.
Intensity: I had a huge burst of intensity in my lifts than before using blue gene. Part of this is me forcing me to go further to test blue gene, the other part is that there were a few days that i didn't want to be at the gym and my lifts were still beyond compair. 9/10

Intra-set recovery: On my heaviest lifts I had let myself recover normally. But on any other lift, hands down, I was ready to go again and again. 9/10

Muscle fullness & Hardness: about a week and a half of starting blue gene i looked in the mirror was like, damn. I've been getting comliments on how much bigger i look, even joking about juicing. The fullness is def a noticable feeling. 9/10

these are things i noticed while being on Blue Gene. Other loggers mentioned other things they noticed while taking it. Some of those things I didn't notice and everyone is different. to put my money were my mouth is, i bought a second bottle to finish off a second month. Blue Gene is an awesome product.
Overall, I give Blue Gene a 9 out of 10. Recovery also seemed quicker between sets as the log progressed. I would say that I'd use that to push heavier weights next time around. I noticed my joints weren't cracking and crackling as much as they were at the start of the log. I had no problems with taking BG late and sleep... in fact, it may have contributed to better sleep.

Quick reflection on BG - muscles seem tighter, fuller, and more powerful than pre-BG doing same work. I feel a little more focused strength or something like that -- power -- when doing explosive work like flipping larger logs or splitting the tough oak rounds.

I take great care in what I put into my body, and with Blue GENE being one of my favorite products to use, with the reactions of others and the science backed ingredients, it's no surprise why.​

*1*Lipids in Health and Disease | Full text | The use of a Cissus quadrangularisformulation in the management of weight loss and metabolic syndrome Department of Biochemistry, University of Yaoundé I, Yaoundé, Cameroon
*2*Carnitine (L-carnitine)
*3*The effects of L-carnitine L-tartrate supplementat...[J Strength Cond Res. 2003] - PubMed Result
*4*Da Silva, Arthur José (1904): Estudo botânico e chímico da catuaba (Erythroxylaceae catuaba do Norte). These de doutoramento da Faculdade de Medicina da Bahia. [Reprint published in 3 parts in Brazilian Journal of Pharmacognosy, as cited below as Da Silva, Arthur José (2004, 2005)].
*5*^ BBC Onions 'cut heart disease risk' 4 November 2007
*6*Grape Seed Extract Is an Aromatase Inhibitor and a Suppressor of Aromatase Expression -- Kijima et al. 66 (11): 5960 -- Cancer Research
*7*^ Zhang ZB, Yang QT. The testosterone mimetic properties of icariin. Asian Journal of Andrology. 2006 Sep;8(5):601-5. PMID 16751992
*8*^ Zhao F, Tang YZ, Liu ZQ. Protective effect of icariin on DNA against radical-induced oxidative damage. Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology. 2007 Dec;59(12):1729-32. PMID 18053336

Blue Gene

Blue GrowtH

Bigjoe214

Bigjoe214

Awards
Subbed!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Oximega Fish Oil - Lab Test for Heavy metals

Oximega Fish Oil - Lab Test for Heavy metals

FDA upper level for mercury (methyl mercury which is only a small part of total mercury) = 1 mcg/g per day, we are at only 6% of that per day for a full serving (2 softgels). for reference a can of albacore tuna (6 ounces) is roughly 35% of your daily limit (so a serving of orange oximega fish oil only has 17% of the mercury found in a can of tuna)

http://www.fda.gov/Food/FoodSafety/P.../ucm115644.htm

the amount per serving is also only 20% of the strictest California proposition 65 level of .3 mcg per day (of methyl mercury, again only a small part of total mercury)

The Adequate Intake (AI) levels for chromium, set in 2001 by the Institute of Medicine at the National Academy of Sciences is 20-35 mcg per day so each serving of Orange Oximega Fish Oil provides roughly 25% of that intake (roughly as much as 1 cup of romaine lettuce). chromium has been found to be safe in the multiple 100s of mcg per day

The other heavy metals/toxins were below the detectable limits :)

Attachments

Bigjoe214

Bigjoe214

Awards
Lot of good info here. Keep it coming. Can't wait for your GlycerGrow write up, I have a lot of interest in that stuff.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Therell be lots of stuff coming in the future. This thread will be about everything. Going to be epic c
Lot of good info here. Keep it coming. Can't wait for your GlycerGrow write up, I have a lot of interest in that stuff.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Controlled Labs Stacking Chart

Also found on our website.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice work in here Renegade! Def sub'd in for info :)

Bigjoe214

Bigjoe214

Awards
Any more good info on the way?

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Any more good info on the way?
Without a doubt. This thread will be an ongoing project. Depending on my free time, there will be an update a few times every week. =)

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subsrcibe to this thread if:

• You want to know the science behind how CL products work
  • You want studies on CL product ingredients.
  • You want to know tips on training and exercise science
  • You want to see how I, personally, utilize CL products to reach my goals.
  • You want to know which CL products are best to stack for your goals.
  • You want inside tips on how best to utilize CL products.
  • And much more!!!
This is going to be a big project for me, Im going to put alot into this thread.

I hope to see alot of interest in this.

Thank you,
RenegadeRows & Controlled Labs

I want $40 Purple Wraath again at Nutraplanet. If I subscribe can I get that?

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Great Tasting Preworkout Slush Recipe

1 scoop Watermelon White FLOOD
1 scoop Lemonade Green MAGnitude
20oz~ cold water
~5 ice cubes

Blend until ice is chipped and into small peices, and enjoy! The combination of sweet and sour in this preworkout concoction is truly delicious, especially when taken ice cold. I had one yesterday before my workout, and it really made for a nice treat before my grueling session!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Basic Bulking Stack & Workout Plan - RR 7/01/11-9/01/11
(part 1... the supplement plan)

Notes: I did this routine in July of this year, for 2 months, and it added mass onto my frame very quickly. There's two things to take into account here. One is, I was coming off a layoff and muscle memory was going strong. It added, in two months, almost 9lbs to my frame with very little fat gain. The second thing to take into account was, I give credit to the supplements here. The routine was very hard for me, especially off a layoff. So anybody who hasn't had experience in weight training, please think twice about attempting this.

Supplements
2 bottles of Purple PSYKO
1 bottle of Green MAGnitude
2 bottles of Golden Gains or homemade mrp
2 bottles of Blue GrowtH
2 bottles of Orange TRIAD

How I used the Supplements

The Purple PSYKO was, imo a key factor in recovery and growth here. I would buy a gallon jug of water, dump 5 scoops into the jug and sip on it when it was possible. That meant when I wake up, during work, running errands. My goal was to consume 5 scoops of PSYKO in 1 gallon of water on NON workout days ONLY. 5 scoops means theres only about 12 servings in the jug, so it works out well to take during REST days only.

The PYSKO, used normally, is 1-2 scoops during a workout. This will work as well, but since I was taxing my body, I had to increase anabolism and rest on OFF days. 5 scoops equals out to 20g of Hydrolyzed whey, almost 11g of Leucine, 5.5g of Citrulline. This was the perfect combination to sip on while eating like Kobayashi. My DOMs (muscle soreness), the next time I went to the gym were little more than feeling stiff.

Consequently, the Golden Gains were used on WORKOUT DAYS ONLY. I would take 1 scoop (half a serving) of Golden Gains, mix it in with my Green MAGnitude and drink preworkout. I have read some interesting data that says consuming protein PREWORKOUT is beneficial. Plus they're both apple flavored, tasted amazing. Not only does GG contain protein, but vegetables, fruit, good source of carbs. Post workout I would consume a full serving of Golden Gains followed by a small meal (usually tunafish sandwhich.)

The Green MAGnitude, as I said in my previous paragraph, was taken everyday. Preworkout on workout days, and then in the afternoon when I got out of work on NON workout days. This tastes delicious, as many people can vouch for. It was a treat to look forward to.

The Blue GrowtH was the other RECOVERY factor. If I had to recommend 2 CL products for recovery, they would be Blue GrowtH and Purple PSYKO. I dosed the Blue GrowtH 5 caps before bed. It helped me fall asleep, stay asleep, sleep deeply in REM, and boost my GH factors. I credit a full nights rest and this product, along with Purple PSYKO for my decreased recovery time in between workout days.

The Orange TRIad was taken 2 tablets with each meal until I reached 6 tabs (usually by lunch time, as I eat so much LOL.)

Stay tuned for part 2 when I outline the workout routine​

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Basic Bulking Stack & Workout Plan - RR 7/01/11-9/01/11
(part 2... the workout plan)

This routine was put together by me and a friend of mine. It focuses on core lifts but also includes hypertrophy specific exercises. It worked very well for us.

Day 01 - Back and Triceps
5 sets - Deadlifts
10 sets - inverted rows (5 weighted, 5 bodyweight)
5 sets - Chinups
5 sets - Skullcrushers
5 sets - Weighted Dips

Day 02 - Rest

Day 03 - Chest and Biceps
5 sets - Bench Press
5 sets - Wide Grip, incline BB Bench Press
5 sets - DB Flies
11 sets - Diamond Buddy Pushups
5 sets - Heavy DB Curls
10 sets - Buddy Curls

Day 04 - Rest

Day 05 - Legs & Shoulders
10 sets - Squats
5 sets - Overhead Barbell Press
5 sets - Lateral Raises

Day 06 - Rest

Day 07 - Rest

Day 08 - Repeat 7 day cycle.

Notes
As you can see, there's a good amount of rest in there. I've always thought that Mike Mentzer was onto something. When you look at the number of sets for some of these exercises, you understand why the rest is needed. There were no rep schemes given, as some people choose to focus on TUT, Strength, etc. We chose to keep the reps around 5-8, and sometimes there were sets at the end of those 10 set exercises, where we could only muster 2 or 3 reps.

Not alot of science behind the program, just hard work. It worked well for us. At the end of the 2 month cycle, I changed everything up, my supplements, my routine, everything. I believe I went into a HST program after this one, with White FLOOD, Blue Gene, etc. I can't remember. I remember this one, because it worked so well, I had to write it down halfway.

Every now and then you come across a workout routine, stack of products, or both, that work so well for you, you have to write it down as to share with friends, online communities or to use again in the future.

I guarantee, if you use this routine, the supplements as I wrote them, and have your diet dialed into what your goals are...you cannot fail with this. It's hard to put 100% into this routine, by the end of the first week you will see why. And its hard to carry a gallon of Purple PSYKO around with you. But hard work pays off, it's the only way.

Until next time,
RR

ICJLM

ICJLM

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to be starting the Blue GrowtH log finally. I'm gunna do the first dose tonight, of probably just two caps, as a means of assessing tolerance. I would expect any potential adverse reactions to the ingredients to occur at this dosage. If there are none, which I'm sure there won't be, then I will begin dosing at 5/night like the bottle suggests.

I have a question though. I eat my final meal usually ~1.5-2.0 hours before going to bed. Then I typically snack on almonds and walnuts following this meal, and do so right up until I make my shake. I drink 3/4 of my shake just before going to bed, and then finish the last 1/4 when I get up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night.... So, considering that I basically never have an empty stomach, when should I take the 5 BGH pills? Is there any part of my pre-bed eating routine that I will have to modify?

EDIT: And here is the link to my log! It's gunna be a fun one.
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/controlled-labs/186242-icjlm-logs-blue.html

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Awesome man!!! Been waitin for this one!!!! Here we go!!!!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Mind over Muscles

Introduction

I began seriously bodybuilding in 2004, but 7 years prior to that I set off in my study of the power of the mind. I've had many teachers; internal martial arts sifus, Chan Buddhist monks, hermetic adepts and psychologists. I consider myself very lucky to have been exposed to such information at a young age. I've applied this knowledge to my martial arts and personal growth. It wasn't until recently I had an epiphany, to try and test these same practices towards improving my weight training.

It was the winter of 2010, and my bench press had once again stalled. I had options to fix this- change my routine up, increase calories, various supplements. My lifting partner had witnessed my "mind over muscle" techniques before through demonstrations of my martial arts. For example, having 3-4 guys lean on my chest while my back was against the wall, and despite their weight being 3x my ability to bench press, sending them flying off with ease. He joked regaring my plateau, "Why don't you use your mind magic?" That's exactly what I did. Two weeks of applying these exercises to my bench, it increased by 8lbs. You could say this was coincidence, but I've used it on a number of lifts over the last 2 years. Only now do I choose to share this, in hopes that open-minded individuals will utilize it to their benefit.

This is not magic trcks or new age hokery. This has been researched and studied by big names in their respective fields. Runners who are attached to electrodes run their race laying on a bed, and the same parts of their brain fire off as when they physically run. Their mind is sending messages to the muscles, strengthening the connection. It's not an overnight fix. On the contrary, it is VERY demanding in it's own way. If your willing to put in the hard work, you may be surprised at the results.

Step 1: Riding the Alpha Wave - Meditation and Self Hypnosis​

Hypnosis has been used in sports for a long time, albeit in relative darkness from the mainstream spotlight. Usually this is done with a professional hypnotist. This is something you can do by yourself.

In a basic outline, the goal of hypnosis is this:
  • Slow your brainwaves to an alpha state for a period of time, which is a brainwave reached prior to sleep. They say the thing you think about / see in the momets before sleep is the information you retain most. This is why.
  • Once alpha is reached, your subconcious is open to suggestions. There are ways to induce this state on your own. Regular meditation could do it, but requires a great deal of time and effort. My preferred technique for beginners is to use self-help hypnosis mp3s, or phone apps. These will give slow music, binaural beats or sounds of nature, usually with something called an "induction" spoken over it. This is the stereotype you see on television, "your getting sleepy" only on a large scale. You listen to the voice, telling you to relax, and wallah- you actually do. Download a stop-smoking hyponosis mp3, and listen to the first 20 minutes. This is the "induction", prior to the voice convincing you not to have the next cigarette.
  • This induction, usually 15-30 minutes long, creates an alpha state quite effectively. The next step is to move onto the actual exercises.

Step 2: The Work

1. Pure Relaxation - Most basic.
This is acheiving an extreme state of relaxation, with no hypnotic suggestions or visualizations. This will aid in healing, similar to sleep. It will also clear your mind of stress and unwanted thoughts, so that you are able to function on a higher level. It's good to drink some protein or aminos prior to this, in order to maximize recovery potential. It's also very enjoyable, and a bit freaky at first; people in our day and age are used to being on overdrive for 8-16 hours a day.

2. Hypnotic Suggestion
This is the part where you tell yourself, "I am stronger now. I can reach my goals." Whatever your goals are, whatever you want to change for yourself. It could be a one line mantra, or a paragraph. You can read it from a peice of paper, or record yourself saying such things. I have found that it's better to be simple in your approach. In this alpha state, your subconcious is in an EXTREMELY open and susceptable state. What you hear will sink it, not on a concious level, but a subconcious level. The human mind has infinite power, much of which we are unaware of. But your subconcious plays a bigger role than you think. One main rule to follow is to avoid negative suggestions. Even, "I don't want to fail" should be avoided. Despite this line being positive, the word "fail" you don't even want in your subconcious. This isn't like the movies: you can't perform this exercise and the next day be more motivated. But if you spend 30 days of performing this once per day, you will be extremely surprised at the change that occurs.

3. Visualization
This is the hardest of the three exercises, but the most rewarding. This is a major part in martial arts practice, especially internal kung fu which I have practiced. The idea is to have INTENTION, to visualize what is happening so vividly (which can be achieved once you have quieted your mind through the induction) that it affects your physical. I've found while performing this exercise, I will sweat very perfusely. I'm going to outline a few of these visualizations.

1. Imagine you walk into the gym, feeling more powerful than you ever have. It's like Hercules just gave you his strength, Atlas asked you for help lifting the world. You lay on the bench, knowing that no matter how much weight is on the bar, you will lift it with ease. Imagine, in great detail, everything about the exercise, as if you are truly performing it. Remember the feeling, the smells, the noises. Imagine you are doing a weight heavier than your capable of, with ease, as if looking into the future. As you finish your exercise, move onto the next. It should resemble your workout, and take just as long. You are strengthing your nuerons and your brains connections to your muscles. You are also empowering yourself. Best of all, your imagination is limitless: you can do whatever you WILL in your mind.

2. This exercise should be performed while standing. Have your eyes open, and stand so that your completely relaxed. Imagine your muscles are like a leather jacket on a coat-rack, being supported by your bones and tendons. While maintaining relaxation at all times, hold your hands facing palms up, as if your in mid-curl with a barbell. Visualize two stones, or two PLANETS in your hands. They are extremely heavy, yet your hands do not go down. You can actually FEEL how heavy they are, in your mind. Maintain that posture for 10 minutes. This is biofeedback. Your now physically interacting with your mind, strengthing the connection even further.

3. This is like the previous exercise, only your holding your hands out - elbows bent - as if you are pushing a car. Imagine you are pushing a car that ran out of gas. ONLY IN YOUR MIND. Do not strain or flex any muscle. You feel the weight of the car pushing onto you, yet you can not be moved. Imagine you are holding the car from falling down a hill. The sky is the limit, and you can get creative with these.

4. The forth exercise is one that should be performed while exercising. It does not need to be practiced after meditation. While you are doing bench press - let's say - visualize and command the weight to be pushed up. Picture you are throwing the bar through the ceiling. You don't even think about pressing the bar. All your thinking about is the ceiling. This small trick has been known to add pounds to an exercise on the spot. It's the same principle as a mother lifting a car off her child - MIND OVER MUSCLES.

5. Ive found this on a forum, the person who wrote it is named IAM (forum handle); and is called the Solar Grounding Exercise. This exercise should be performed laying flat on a bed, or sitting in a char. Having your eyes closed, imagine you are god size. The size of the universe. Imagine your RIGHT is planted firmly on the sun. Your left foot should be firmly planted on the earth. When you inhale, imagine you draw the energy from the sun up through your right leg. On exhale, imagine the energy goes down your left leg and is grounded in the Earth. At first it will be hard to focus, but try your best. I won't tell you what your supposed to fell, as you may imagine the results. But let me say, the results will AMAZE you, and your energy will be significantly increased. The first time I did this, the result was so strong I had to stop because it was so powerful.

In closing...

The simple fact is, many of us weight lifters and athletes put almost 100% more emphasis into physical training, rather than using our minds. Until now, perhaps you weren't aware of the mind's potential to affect your physical. Maybe you thought the closest you could get was to pump yourself up, to get into a positive mindset. With the right techniques, you can increase your strength outside of the gym, while in the most relaxed state you've ever been in. Remember, rest is one-third of your results. This will help you rest better, as your teaching yourself how to relax. How many posts have I seen on this forum of people being unable to fall asleep at night, simply because they can't shut the mind off and fall asleep? Scientists say we only use a small percentage of our brain. These exercises, your actually opening up parts of the brain that were on "autopilot" most of your life. Your willing and manipulating yourself, as we do in bodybuildng, to perform better. Not only will your energy go up, your results in the gym get better... you will also perform better in LIFE, because you are training your mind to focus on one thing.

Scientists have also proved there is no such thing as MULTITASKING. Your brain can only do one thing at a time. What your essentially doing when you multi-task, is switching your attention back and forth. A controlled ADD if you will. In these exercises, your learning that once you improve your ability to focus, AMAZING things will happen. Your training your willpower and intention, by focusing on the hypnosis induction, the visualization, the suggestions. This is essentially meditation. Buddhists don't just meditate when they sit quietly in the lotus posture. They meditate constantly. When you eat, your mind isn't wandering, your thinking of chewing, tasting, swallowing. When you focus on the task at hand, you will find your able to perform what your doing better. You've already experienced this. Having an "off-day" at the gym, psyching yourself out by a heavy-bar, your unable to lift what your capable of doing.

Give these exercises a try. What do you have to lose?