Golden FinisH Acclaim Thread

GreenSquats

GreenSquats

Awards
  • Established
This thread will be used to post the positive reviews/acclaim surrounding Golden FinisH to hopefully help get the word out more. Feel free to post your own experiences as well. :)

Here is a product description:

The perfect finish to your intense workout, Golden Finish has been formulated specifically for the serious athlete. Research and development indicates that this nutrient rich formula will aid recovery and help stabilize blood sugar levels to avoid the post-workout "crash". By shuttling nutrients, electrolytes, and amino acids into muscle cells we are able to stimulate muscle groups more often for optimal growth.

Golden Protein Complex:
With Hydrolyzed Whey and Whey Isolate providing immediate and sustained amino acid delivery, we enhanced this complex with additional Leucine (the anabolic trigger). With Dicalcium Phosphate from our GFH Complex, the result is a mild tasting, highly effective, optimal recovery product that is easy on the stomach, and doesn't break the bank.

Anabolic Enzyme System:
To take this recovery and growth formula to the next level, we included the clinically proven anabolic enzyme system Aminogen and Carbogen. The result is more efficient utilization of key nutrients during the key post-workout recovery window, helping to trigger anabolism legally and naturally.

CoriCARB and Inulin for Nutrient Shuttling and Enhanced Insulin Regulation:
Our unique and proprietary sugar-free blend of premium, nutrient rich carbohydrate sources enhanced with Inulin will help the serious athlete replenish muscle glycogen and help shuttle amino acids / nutrients into the muscles while blood flow is optimal without the post-workout "crash" associated with other products on the market.

GFH Complex:
For optimal post-workout cellular anabolism, look no further than our GFH Complex. We included crucial Electrolytes and Taurine to work in synergy, keeping your muscles in an anabolic state at the cellular level and for as long as possible. As a bonus, it appears that this complex may even help reduce muscle cramping and unnecessary soreness.

Finish every workout with Golden Finish.

Key Attributes:

* Nutrient Rich
* Rapid Absorption
* Precisely Flavored
* Clinically Proven Anabolic Enzyme System
* Sugar Free
* 14g BCAA / EAA Per Serving
* Aminogen and Carbogen
* Optimal Growth, Nutrient Timing, and Amino Acid Assimilation
* Muscle Glycogen Replenishment

And here is the first review:

Overall rating
Vascularity
Strength
Recovery ability
Taste
Mixes well
Controlled Labs has made me a believer in their brand. A product that certainly will rock the post-workout recovery world. My previous experience with post-workout products was 2:1:1 Recovery which worked great, but this product in on a level with 2:1:1 Recovery and depending on who you talk too could be better. A product that had a interesting taste to begin with, but it makes me want to eat it without adding the water. I reviewed this product before Torrent.

Taste:The taste was wonderful and I found myself trying to eat the powder. Like Torrent, it grows on you. The only downside is the leucine aftertaste. Torrent does taste truly tropical

Benefits:There were no cramping at all and my soreness from legs was less than usual. This is from the GFH Complex which helps reduce muscle soreness and cramping due to electrolytes and other ingredients. My bench max did not go up, but my vascularity and fullness in my muscles were evident.

I give it a 4.5 out of 5. The taste is good, recovery out of this world, you feel stronger, and the label pulls you in.
That was from Supplement Reviews and Supplement Price Comparisons - SubstanceReviews.com. More will be on their way, be sure to post your own positive experiences with Golden FinisH here as well.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Golden Finish is one of my favorite products. When it comes down to it, i consider protein/carb/post workout and vitamin supplementation first priority. With that being said GFH tastes great and mixes like a champ. It enables me to recover quick enough to tackle my next workout which is a strength based push/pull routine. Sometimes I'll even use 2 scoops instead of the 3 with a meal or extra protein. GFH is a very important staple in my program and I don't like to train without it. I honestly feel it gives me an edge with recovery

GreenSquats

GreenSquats

Awards
  • Established
Golden Finish is one of my favorite products. When it comes down to it, i consider protein/carb/post workout and vitamin supplementation first priority. With that being said GFH tastes great and mixes like a champ. It enables me to recover quick enough to tackle my next workout which is a strength based push/pull routine. Sometimes I'll even use 2 scoops instead of the 3 with a meal or extra protein. GFH is a very important staple in my program and I don't like to train without it. I honestly feel it gives me an edge with recovery
:D:thumbsup::head:

GreenSquats

GreenSquats

Awards
  • Established
Here is the write up from my log. Hell of a product IMO

I am going to produce this write up with it being divided into several categories with a rating out of 10. Those categories are:
Taste, Mixability, Feeling, Effect on weight, and Overall

Taste:
After trying the sample a ways back, I liked the taste, but am always concerned that a specific taste like this might wear on me, and have me gagging at the end. Not the case with GF. In fact it was quite the opposite. When I started I “liked” the taste, but was not truly sold on it. However, after the first week concluded I started to really dig the taste and actually began to look forward to it. That was not something I expected.
Rating 9.5/10

Mixability:
Here was the one major draw back in my opinion. Once I got the right amount of water and GF, I thought I would be in pretty good shape. However, even with a blender, it was difficult to get the mixture right. To be honest, at times that became quite frustrating, as I don’t always want to use a blender for my shakes, I would rather use a shaker cup, as the cleanup is a pain in the butt. Rating 3/10

Feeling:
The sample gave me a crazy pump, and I do mean crazy. Going through the log, the pump lessened and really only changed in any way dependent upon the workout I was doing. I noticed that the more giant sets I did, the greater the after effect I received from GF. I did like the idea of the digestive enzymes as that allowed me to eat a little something with it, but after taking in 40oz I was not all that hungry to be honest, and it became a meal of its own. Rating 7.5/10

Effect on Weight:
With the type of body that I have, I can back on weight without issue, it is losing weight that I tend to struggle with. With GF, weight packed on very quickly. However, I was concerned that it was not all positive weight, as I tend to be a bit carb sensitive. On the plus side, I tested Universal Torrents newest flavor, and I got far better results on GF than I did on that, which I believe use WMS. I am not a huge fan of WMS to be honest. Final thought on this, my weight went down a few lbs as a result of personal issues, but I am sure had those not transpired, my weight would have continued to increase. Rating 8.5/10

Overall:
So overall thoughts? This is a good product, and if you lift 5 days a week, it is a reasonable price for a 1 month supply. I will acknowledge that I had difficulty with it as previously discussed, however I am overall quite pleased, and would consider buying this if and when I do my next bulk. I am planning a several month cut to find the abs I had years ago, I know they exist damn it. So in closing, if you are planning a bulk in the near future, this product is far better than Torrent, and it is recommended by yours truly.
Final Rating: 7.125/10 (I actually used math for this)
From none other Reaper folks. :D

GreenSquats

GreenSquats

Awards
  • Established
Taste:5/10

I give it a 5/10 because I didn't like it but I didn't hate it. It goes in the middle. They use leucine which taste's like s h i t by itself and flavoring it is hard. They also use a nutriet rich carb source which are also usually blan in flavor. I can't hate on the flavor and for the ingredients in it im surprised it tasted as good as it did. Now if you want to make this bad boy taste good mix a 1/2 carbo force in there

Mixability:7.5/10

DONT MIX IN A BLENDER!!! This was foamy as hell and really hurt my stomach. However in a shakker cup it mixed up A LOT less foamy and was a lot easier for consumption for me. Only thing that sux is you have to use a good amount of water to mix it up but your getting a lot of stuff in there so it's a give and take relationship.

Recovery: 9/10

After about the first week my DOMS was cut down big time. I was dieting hardcore the whole time I was using this and DOMS is a ***** for me when dieting. Within 36hours my DOMS was completely gone, not hindering any other workouts. This was very nice.

Muscle Glycogen Replenishment: 9/10

I would drink this then hit the shower. After i was done with my shower my muscles were feeling nutrient full, not cosmetic NO type full but food pump full. Only reason this isn't getting a 10/10 is because sometimes I would have some GI discomfort and bloat.

Overall Rateing: 8/10

I was dieting and didn't really lose much strength or size. Mind you I was almost 100% on with everything in my regimon but I usually lose strength during cuts useing the same stuff I was this time and GF was implatamented and I saw a difference in musle fullness, strength, and recovery. I would purchase this and would probably be used best during a "recomp" or lean bulk.

Honestly if your looking for something with a sweet taste and what not GF is probably not for you but if you can man up then GF is for you. Results are what matter most to me and thats what GF gave me.
That was from Distilled Water. :D

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
In honor of GFH, I decided to type in gold. :) BTW, how the hell do you center a post? (I know, stupid question)

So, what does Golden Finish look like from the outside?

Well, it certainly looks appealing doesn't it? It does for me at least!

So, how does Golden Finish look like from the inside? Does it smell good?

It looks like powdered gold and really does smell as the flavor indicates.

Okay, but how does it look like in water?

Well, it looks interesting to say the least?

But, now, on to the first impressions review!

CL Golden Finish:

Taste: 7/10

Okay, the first time I ever tried it I had it mixed with one scoop of NO Shotgun and it was absolutely delicious, but on its own, it certainly isn't half bad. As it has been said time and time again, the taste is definitely unique and something I've never had remotely close to before. It isn't a bad thing, but like other CL products (i.e. White Flood, Green Magnitude), the taste I will get used to eventually. After all, taste isn't everything, right?

Macronutrient Profile: 10/10

Absolutely fantastic. It's rare to find a product that has 20g. of protein, 25g. of carbohydrates, no grams of sugar, and only one-half of a gram of fat. It's extremely hard to get much better than that without altering the profile of the ingredients totally. (Although, knowing CL, they could probably pull off).

Ingredient Profile: 10/10

Aside from the macros, even everything else is superb. There is not one bad ingredient that I can see from the list, and that certainly is something that appeals to me. The absence of sugar also makes this profile even more attractive.

Mixability: 8/10

Okay, there are really no clumps, which is great. Unfortunately, the fact that this product foams (obvious by the picture in the glass) kind of bugs me a little bit; but, also in a way, it looks cool in a sick sort of way. Besides the foamy surface, there is no clump or residue to speak of.

Price: 9/10

From the looks of it, $40 for 20 servings ($2/serving) looks scary and somewhat steep, the ingredient/macronutrient profile eliminates that feeling. Since the ingredient profile is extremely solid, then that makes up for the expensive per serving price.

Overall: 44/50 (88%)

After about five days and three servings, I'm looking forward to future post-workouts because as of right now, the soreness after workout or the next day has been diminished noticeably, so that helps. :) From making a high-quality creatine, a superb cardio supplement, or recovering from a grueling workout, CL is definitely a top, and most importantly trustworthy, company on my list. Keep the good times rolling! :)

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established

Ok to start with i didn't manage to get to the gym over the weekend but did today after i finished my night shift.
I am glad i missed and went today as i managed to get 6 Reps @ 100's on the Incline DB pressing. :) Very happey with this especially after it was when i got up from 4.5 hours sleep from nights.

Golden FinisH End Review :

This was one of the most refreshing Post-Workout drinks i have had. It tasted very good especially when i mixed it half Milk and Half Water and when i mixed it Full Milk it became just like a thick creamy shake.
It gave you what you needed after your workouts.

I found that 4 scoops was a very good dose to use but obviously shortens the life of the tub and so can become quite expensive, especially for us over the water.

It definatley had a recovery effect and found that my DOM's where only lasting around a day instead of the usual 2-3 days after a workout. Also they didn't seem to be as achy. :)

It was good to take after the gym and didn't give you that bloated full feeling like some older post-workout formulas did and so you where ready for a solid meal within an hour after taking it, which is exactly what you want and not waiting to feel empty enough to have some food after the workout.

The texture i didn't mind but some may not like the slightly gritty effect. :)

All in all it is a product that will definatley aid the recovery after a hard workout and get you ready for another session sooner if required or will help get you ready for a cardio session on the same day as a gym workout if required also.

Another good quality product from Controlled Labs, nothing spectacular but never the less does do what it aims to do which is to feed your body some necessary nutritents after a workout to help you recover and get fighting fit for another workout.

At the moment it is a little expensive for me to keep running it as the shipping costs cripple us over here for things like protien powders as such.
But thanks CL and the guys for giving me an oppertunity to run this and will use this in the future at some point to aid in the recovery after intense workouts.​

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Taste

9/10

I'm going to have to say if the taste was on par with the smell of the powder we'd have a 10/10 as the smell is exactly that of banana laffy taffy. The taste changes depending on if you make it a thin or thick shake (20oz water-thick or 30-40oz water-thin). When the shake is thick there is no way to describe the taste, but then there is a very pleasant aftertaste. When thin the shake has a unique banana like taste. The aftertaste lasts for literally up to four hours, even with a meal or two in the hours after consuming GFH. Luckily, the long lasting aftertaste is just super sweet, like if you had a sugar cube sitting in the back of your mouth.

8/10

On paper this looked the me like Universal Torrent with less carbs, and those carbs coming from a different (undisclosed) source. Luckily, I feel these mystery carbs are actually the real deal (more on that later) so I would go ahead and say the profile on GFH is up there with the best of them. I, unlike many others, would have preferred the inclusion of creatine. I also feel the small dosage of k-r-ala is insignificant, I could be wrong there, but I'm assuming theres 50mg and that seems on the low side, however the big doses of leucine, taurine and digestive aids more than made up for this.

Results

9/10

This is what really matters, and CL delivered in this department. Depsite there being no creatine I was still making gains from week to week, even when having a cold for the last week of this log. I love the large dose of taurine, I was getting great pumps off of the taurine (cell volumizers>NO supps any day of the week). The carbs kept me full for an entire hour, no other protein shake or postWO shake had done that for me. That leads me to believe these really are nutritious carbs, not som sugary BS. I had also been gaining a few pounds of lean mass before getting sick, so that is a huge plus as well.

Overall

Good stuff, I recomend it up there with torrent and proglycosyn. The price point on this stuff is also pretty darn good, I had seen it as low as 31$, but they moved it up to 35 like other sites have it, so for $1.50 a serving (20 servings/bottle) I think this has the great CL price tag and is very worthwhile and a good deal.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
[/center]

Official Website-
http://www.controlledlabs.com/product_desc.php?id=89

Key Attributes:
- Nutrient Rich
- Rapid Absorption
- Precisely Flavored
- Clinically Proven Anabolic Enzyme System
- Sugar Free
- 14g BCAA / EAA Per Serving
- Aminogen and Carbogen
- Optimal Growth, Nutrient Timing, and Amino Acid Assimilation
- Enhanced Insulin Regulation
- Muscle Glycogen Replenishment

Golden Protein Complex:
With Hydrolyzed Whey and Whey Isolate providing immediate and sustained amino acid delivery, we enhanced this complex with additional Leucine (the anabolic trigger). With Dicalcium Phosphate from our GFH Complex, the result is a mild tasting, highly effective, optimal recovery product that is easy on the stomach, and doesn't break the bank.

Anabolic Enzyme System:
To take this recovery and growth formula to the next level, we included the clinically proven anabolic enzyme system Aminogen and Carbogen. The result is more efficient utilization of key nutrients during the key post-workout recovery window, helping to trigger anabolism legally and naturally.

CoriCARB and Inulin for Nutrient Shuttling and Enhanced Insulin Regulation:
Our unique and proprietary sugar-free blend of premium, nutrient rich carbohydrate sources enhanced with Inulin will help the serious athlete replenish muscle glycogen and help shuttle amino acids / nutrients into the muscles while blood flow is optimal without the post-workout "crash" associated with other products on the market.

GFH Complex:
For optimal post-workout cellular anabolism, look no further than our GFH Complex. We included crucial Electrolytes and Taurine to work in synergy, keeping your muscles in an anabolic state at the cellular level and for as long as possible. As a bonus, it appears that this complex may even help reduce muscle cramping and unnecessary soreness.

FinisH every workout with Golden FinisH !!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

TASTE: 10/10- I do not, and will never understand how someone could complain about the taste of Golden Finish. In anywhere from 20-40 ounces of water, this is one of the most refreshing and best tasting proteins there is. I usually mix it with 20 ounces, shake it, drink 10, then add 20 or so more. The best way I can describe the flavor is...FRUITY PEPPLES. Seriously, that good.

TEXTURE: 10/10-If you mix it up properly, the texture is perfect. Not too thick, not too smooth. Great.

Mixability:7/10- In a regular shaker, there is no way I could get this to mix up all the way, and I was always left with clumps throughout. With a blender bottle it took some time, but I could get most of it out.

Value:8/10-Its a bit pricey, but the ingredients and taste make it worth it. I generally make my own, but if I have extra cash I'll get a PWO blend like GFH.

NUTRITION: 7.5/10- Nice blend of ingredients. I like how they kept the carbs down, but it loses points for not explaining what the carbs are.

OVERALL:9/10- Considering results in recovery/strength, I have to give this stuff a great score. The only negatives in my mind are price/the fact that I have no idea what the carbs are. However, the stuff plain works, and I will be using it again for sure. Pics to come.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
GOLDEN FINISH REVIEW
TASTE:8/10 Well the taste is unique, but not in a bad way. It might take some people by surprise but then become very tasty as it did for me. I began to crave it before workout was even over.
MIXABILITY:10/10 I had no problem at all mixing this even though its 3 large scoops. I even got away with using less water to mix it cause i can't take down the recommended 20oz directly after working out.
SERVING SIZE: 10/10 Well it states you get 20 servngs ,but i feel its close to 25 maybe more. I ended up getting a solid 4 weeks worth and some left over.
PRICE:6/10 I know this is a lower score ,but the average price of this stuff is 39.99 plus shipping. Although the price is a lil high you do get a heck of alot of product and your paying the money for a good product which balances it all out some what.
RECOVERY:8/10 First off recovery was great some days was better than others, but for most part recovery was very quick. It took about a consistant week of dosing before I really noticed the effect after that it was very strong. The only days I wish I had more recovery was the day after leg day. I did'nt expect it to take all of the DOM's cause I really try and hit them hard.
OVERALL: Well the big question is would "I BUY THIS PRODUCT?" and the plain and simple answer is YES. I noticed a huge change in my bodys capability to recover while using this product and would'nt want to go back to not having it. I'm actually in the process of talking RR into helpn a brother out with a discount. Most logs people run you see the use of product while its free and then never here another word about it, but with GF you will definatly see this stay in my supplement cabinet. A great product by a great company. Thanks again RR for trusting me to run a solid log for you guys and remember anytime in the future you need some more logging I'm your man. Would love to get my hands on some more CL products.
:clean:

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Golden Finish- Final Review

Mixability-8.5/10
Doesn't mix as well as micronized/small particle powders, but that is to be expected. However if you add the powder after the water and shake well in a blender bottle, you're almost assured no clumps in <30s.

Taste:7/10
Just wasn't sweet enough for me, and didn't have that much of a "tropical" flavour. It also had a bit of a chalky taste from the complex carbs which slightly detracted from the taste.

Effectiveness: 9/10
In comparison to my usual regime of 5g Glutamine/BCAA/Leucine, the ingredients of GFH provide more recovery . The 14g of BCAA's/EAA's provide lots of Amino acids to helps set the body in an anabolic state, and with these vital elements getting absorbed so shortly after my workout, I feel they were able to minimize any muscle catabolism .

Usage Suggestions:
I would recommend mixing 1-2 scoops in 10-20 oz. of water. Start sipping on this halfway through you workout, then take the 3rd scoop after working out. I've found this doesn't affect my workout intensity, and allows me to have my PWO meal sooner.

Alternatively, you can take it as a PWO shake like recommended. If so, I would recommend adding another ~25g of protein to get the 2:1 ratio of Carbs:protein, your choice whether fast or slow acting. My suggestion would be some milk and/or ground oats, but that is just my dogma.

Value: 7.5/10
This product delivers many components together in a convenient and tasty formula. While you could make a similar product yourself, the convenience is important and the value of the ingredients alone adds up quickly. I remember CL mentioning there is little markup on GFH, and if you look at the quality ingredients included you would see why. At $2 a serving, this doesn't come cheap so if you're not willing to spend much you could get by with bulk powders with poorer taste.

In the past I've had little DOMS, but that was mainly from a stagnant training routine. When I started German Volume Training, it really took the intensity up a level, and this is when GFH really shined. I feel it helped keep the DOMS to a minimum by helping my muscles repair and regrow quickly.

Overall:
8/10
I can't stress the importance of recovery, and this product will allow you to start shuttling nutrients that your body needs quickly in the post workout. GFH does an excellent job of providing nutrients as a PWO shake that could use some added carbs, and makes a fantastic albeit pricey intra-WO drink if you can stomach it (which I did just fine). Overall this product is great for people who believe an insulin spike isn't necessary post-WO, and desire a flavoured premade PWO shake. Golden Finish commands a high price at $2/serving, but if it were to go on sale in the future I would probably pick up another tub for the convenience and the great recovery is provided.
:clean:

Rhys26

Awards
I currently use torrent and the only thing that concerns me about GF is whether there is enough carbs in it for a pw drink?

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I currently use torrent and the only thing that concerns me about GF is whether there is enough carbs in it for a pw drink?
It was designed to be optimal in every aspect of post workout nutrition. The source is highly nutritious carbs, but you could always add in more if it concerns you.

GreenSquats

GreenSquats

Awards
  • Established
Yes it does a great job of replenishing your glycogen deposits. :D

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Like mentioned, you can add a tablespoon of dextrose/malto/WMS if you desire more carbs quite easily. I know torrent has that higher 2.5:1 ratio whereas GFH is 1:1

As a suggestion, perhaps you can mention whether the log was sponsored or not? Maybe just put in your 1st post "All logs were sponsored unless otherwise noted" or the like?

GreenSquats

GreenSquats

Awards
  • Established
[youtube]NGvMPaCDp6E[/youtube]

[youtube]k4-awU_5vUo&feature=related[/youtube]