So I picked up 3 questionable bottles of CEL's X-TREN and I thought they were g2g, but after thorough examination, I realized there's no way they are real. After researching a bit, I found out that this Lot# and exp date have already been in question. If your X-TREN's Lot# & Exp date look like these, chances are ur focked. Hopefully u can get a refund. I am currently working out a solution with the seller that I got these from. (I got this off ebay from a reputable seller, who was willing to take them back. lucky me, i guess)
*****IN ALL PICS, THE REAL BOTTLE IS ON THE LEFT, EXCEPT THE LAST PICTURE*****
- Label: The clarity/resolution of the entirie label is dull, and less-shiny than a real bottle. In addition to that, the fake bottle "sticks" to your hand as if some of the ink is still sticky. The real bottle is very smooth and shiny. Also, you can see that the edges of the label on the FAKE bottles are frayed, like the ink is wearing off, showing lesser quality than the REAL bottles with sharp edges.
Notice the difference in reflection throughout.
- Lot # and Expiration: The 2 real bottles I have, have stamped-on lot numbers, and stamped-on expirtation dates. On the FAKE bottles, the lot number and expiration date appear to be printed on, with the exact same consistency as the label itself. A CEL-company representative stated, "As long as the lot # is stamped on and not printed on you will be fine. As of right now cel has never printed lot #s or exp dates on our labels...they are all stamped" [username: droppeddasoap, from: pro hormone forum(.)com]
- Bottle Cap: The bottle caps are different. The fake bottle cap has fine-vertical grooves, while the real bottle cap has more-course grooves. Also, the real bottle cap doesn't have a groove-less, smooth ring around the top of the cap, while the fake bottle cap does.
- Bottle Cap (pt. 2): On the underside of the cap, the real CEL bottle has 3 circular grooves that help seal the bottle when the cap is on. The fake bottle doesn't have these grooves.
- Cotton-ball filler: The real bottle had typical cotton inside to fill up the bottle. The fake bottle had a strange-looking filler, it appeared to be polyester.
- Capsules: The capsules in the fake bottle were not white, they have a brown-tint on them. The fake capsules are slightly bigger as well.
- Outter Seal: It's obvious that there are inconsistencies in the print/font of the outter, clear "SEALED FOR YOUR PROTECTION' seal. The real bottle uses a slightly larger font, and a slightly less-bold font. AND the Fake seal covers more of the top of the bottle cap (hard to explain) see pic
- Inner Seal: (The inner-seal that covers the openning of the bottle, under the cap) This was also obvious. The real bottle seal peeled off in one piece, and has MUCH darker print than the fake bottle's inner-seal. The FAKE bottle seal broke apart as I peeled it off, and the print was very faint.
- Bottle: The bottles are completely different. The 2 real bottles I have are from different lots, but are the exact same bottle. The 3 fake bottles are all TRANS CONTAINER 120cc from Upland, CA. [REAL ONE ON RIGHT IN PIC]
- Silica Packet: I found a small silica packet in the fake bottle, this isn't supposed to be in there. The real CEL X-TREN didn't have this in there. [You can see this in the pic with the capsules in the bottle cap]
Hope this clears up some things for anyone who may come across a CEL X-TREN with LOT# H02581 EXP. 09/12, the ish AINT LEGIT!