Just over halfway through 6 week H-drol cycle and seeing little results- opinions?

Mabe

Awards
Hey guys,

Started my planned 6 week H-Drol cycle on Tuesday, July 5th. I'm now 3 weeks and a day over and I've yet to see any significant size or strength increases that you would expect from a ph cycle. I've been some modest strength increases and very little size increase, if any at all. I'm on a bulking cycle, dirty bulking to be honest (been tough to eat clean w/ work), with 1-1.5g of protein per bodyweight a day. I'm eating enough where I've noticed some fat increase, but no significant muscle size to go with it. I'm working out hard on a 4 day upper/lower split, and even getting common hdrol sides including a lowered libido, some increased aggression, and dreaded back pumps that I've helped alleviate with 5-10g of taurine at bedtime.

Now, I know that hdrol takes awhile to kick in but I've mostly read that it should kick in by weeks 2-3. I'm now officially into week 4 with no significant change so, naturally, I'm becoming worried that either my product is less than potent (but the side effects would tell me otherwise) or perhaps it's taking longer to kick in than normal? Has anyone else who's done H-drol noticed it to take this long to kick in? I'm dosing 50/75/75/75/75 and this is my first ever ph cycle. I started to cycle at 6'2, 195 lbs. Any help/advice/opinions would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What's your workout looking like?
Also, it could be your muscles are going to just explode in week 4-6. I didn't see many gains till around week 3. You might be a slow responder.

Mabe

Awards
I'm on DeFranco's WS4SB III program, I've used it in the past with good results.

Bry, just weighed myself now and I'm 210, but this is including the water weight I've accumulated throughout the day and not to the mention the fat I've put on since starting my cycle. I'd expect to be 5-8 pounds lighter if I weighed myself tomorrow, but obviously I can't say for sure.

Bry17

Awards
  • Established
I'm on DeFranco's WS4SB III program, I've used it in the past with good results.

Bry, just weighed myself now and I'm 210, but this is including the water weight I've accumulated throughout the day and not to the mention the fat I've put on since starting my cycle. I'd expect to be 5-8 pounds lighter if I weighed myself tomorrow, but obviously I can't say for sure.
my weight at night is usually 5lbs. heavier than in the morning. i'd say you've gained a good 9-10 lbs. If you're gaining strength and mass, i'd say something's going on lol.

Mabe

Awards
Any weight/strength/mass increase I've seen so far doesn't seem any greater than when I've gone on bulking cycles in the past without a ph.

swish1985

swish1985

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
hmm I know A LOT of people respond around week 4. Im running a Helladrol/MLMG stack and im in week 2 no substantial strength gains to report. Holding a lof water im up 12 lbs before I go to bed and after my morning piss butt nakey Im up around 7-8 lbs.

It sounds like you are eating and training hard. Which is all you can really do. I would expect crazy strength gains this week and through out. Keep us posted.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
5-10lb gain is good to me from hdrol. i know others will want more, but I dont think it should be expected. im curious to see how it will look at week 6.