First H-drol cycle

UGHQTempus

UGHQTempus

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys --

This will be my first cycle of anything. After reading up and down I figured a h-drol cycle is the best to get my feet wet.

Stats: 32, 5'11" 248 @ 18%

I was planning on running 50/50/50/50.
Running Cycle Assist while on.
PCT Assist when off. Possibly stacked with Formadrol. And Animal Stak2 and Test for shits and giggles.
I've got SERM access if needed.

I'm currently on a cut (sub 100g carbs.) Still doing 1.5g/lb of protein but obviously I'll have restricted gains due to the lower calorie intake level. Is there a minimum suggested carb level while running?

Given my weight, do I need to consider a 50/50/75/75 or 50/50/50/75/75/75 cycle? Or being my first cycle should I just stick to the basics?

My goal is to add a much muscle as I can while still cutting down to sub 15%. Even 5 lbs of new muscle (while not losing any) would be a treat. Is this reasonable?

Thx a ton.

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
you dont wanna rethink the pct or are you sure you'll be good?

UGHQTempus

UGHQTempus

Awards
  • Established
you dont wanna rethink the pct or are you sure you'll be good?
I'm always open to rethinking. Are you suggesting I should taper Nolva (with supporting PCT supps) and be safe? After reading a ton of threads here and elsewhere, it seems like there are two camps -- OCT is enough for moderately dosed halo clones and the SERM on everything camp.

I don't have any experience with it so I don't know if I need it. My reasoning is that I'd take the SERM if I start getting any gyno or other sides post cycle but otherwise I'd stick it out OTC to get a good feel for my reaction. I know everyone is different and I don't have a good baseline for how I'll respond.

If I'm not factoring something in please let me know. I'm here to learn.

UGHQTempus

UGHQTempus

Awards
  • Established
I would recommend 5 weeks starting at 50 mgs for the first 2 and maybe go up to 75 for the last 3-as long as there are no sides (rise in BP) , but you should be fine w/ Cycle Assist
Sounds like a good plan. Thanks.

S

SacTownRob

Awards
HDrol was my first too but I wish I would of done it like this 50\75\75\75. I think the results for myself would of been better. To be honest though, Im looking forward to another run after doing a cycle of "The ONE." The only side I had was increased libido. My pct was AdvancedPCT, Blue-Up and Inhibit-E. All was fine for me!! Good luck gym brother!!

Heartless88

Heartless88

Awards
I'm always open to rethinking. Are you suggesting I should taper Nolva (with supporting PCT supps) and be safe? After reading a ton of threads here and elsewhere, it seems like there are two camps -- OCT is enough for moderately dosed halo clones and the SERM on everything camp.

I don't have any experience with it so I don't know if I need it. My reasoning is that I'd take the SERM if I start getting any gyno or other sides post cycle but otherwise I'd stick it out OTC to get a good feel for my reaction. I know everyone is different and I don't have a good baseline for how I'll respond.

If I'm not factoring something in please let me know. I'm here to learn.
personally i would use OTC. just have the serm on hand just in case. I would use an AI like 6 oxo, a natty test booster like Diesel Test Hardcore, and maybe pct assist.

UGHQTempus

UGHQTempus

Awards
  • Established
personally i would use OTC. just have the serm on hand just in case. I would use an AI like 6 oxo, a natty test booster like Diesel Test Hardcore, and maybe pct assist.
Would 6 oxo be a better call then something like Reversitol? I know 6 oxo is a irreversible AI but I haven't been able to find anything that does a decent head to head on most of the PCT.

I've already got the PCT Assist so I'll run it regardless. I have my natty boosters covered. The Formadrol is on order but hasn't shipped yet so I can cancel and switch to something more inline with my needs. If 6 oxo is the best bet, I'm good with that.

UGHQTempus

UGHQTempus

Awards
  • Established
I didn't realize that. Makes sense. Thanks for the heads up.

UGHQTempus

UGHQTempus

Awards
  • Established
Started monday. I probably won't do anything regarding a full log but I'll post a few/after snapshot in regards to weight change and differences in my lifts. Since I'm currently on a 5x5 program that gives me a pretty good baseline.

UGHQTempus

UGHQTempus

Awards
  • Established
One week down. Ran 50mg w/ Cycle Assist.

Lifts are up. Weight is hard to tell since I'm running CKD and just had my 30 hr cheat window over the weekend. Overall looking leaner.

Noticed that DOMS is more pronounced. Significantly so. Still kicks in around the 48 hr mark but last 36hrs+ as opposed to the 12-18 it was lasting. Program is essentially the same (slight increase in the weight or rep scheme but nothing that drastic.)

Sleep is deeper and more sound. No clue why.

poppydogg

poppydogg

Awards
when doing 75 on hdrol anyone find it better to space the dosage 3x per day or just take 50 in am and 25 8 hrs later? im up in the air on which way is better,,,any feedback is appreciated

S

ShaneHarper

Awards
when doing 75 on hdrol anyone find it better to space the dosage 3x per day or just take 50 in am and 25 8 hrs later? im up in the air on which way is better,,,any feedback is appreciated
Im on my h drol cycle right now(50/75/75/75/75/75) and I space the doses out. 1 at 6:30 am 2 pm and 9:30pm. It works for me.

F

flexwell666

Awards
Im on my h drol cycle right now(50/75/75/75/75/75) and I space the doses out. 1 at 6:30 am 2 pm and 9:30pm. It works for me.
cosigned. i dose pretty much the same times and it doesn't affect my sleep at at all. in fact i find myself nodding off before my last dose sometimes.

Breaker

Breaker

Awards
Wondering the same thing.

Also: Is h-drol by itself enough? I see many conflicting opinions and it's a bit confusing which opinions to follow.

Thanks for any and all advice. This will be my first time ever "doing a cycle" of anything.

lciaccio

lciaccio

Awards
  • Established
just run the h-drol if its your first time. no need to stack the first time

poppydogg

poppydogg

Awards
ive been doin it 7am-3pm and last dosage at 9pm. No sleep troubles as of yet

UGHQTempus

UGHQTempus

Awards
  • Established
2 weeks down. Lifts are all up again. Benched 315 for 4 last week. Front squat is up 20 lbs for 4 reps.

DOMS is significantly higher and getting worse. I'm cutting down my work volume a little to account for it. Its taking ~4-5 days for a muscle to feel recovered. I was recovering in 2-3 days (was doing a 3x a week 5x5 program for the last 5 weeks.) I'm assuming that's because I'm growing more now. I've added a solid 1/4" to my arms, and 1/2" to my calves.

UGHQTempus

UGHQTempus

Awards
  • Established
3 weeks down.

Strength is still rising but essentially stable.

DOMS problems were resulting from overtraining. I was making so many PRs that I didn't immediately notice it. But I was having trouble sleeping and a racing heart at night. Took 3 days off the gym and everything is great.

Weight is stable. I'm been within 1% that last 10 days. However I'm much leaner in the mirror and more vascular. Not that I was much of either to start with. But people at work are coming up to me and asking how much weight I've lost. I've gained about 4 lbs (net)in 21 days.

Overall I'm still more sore and tight that normal. I've adding 15 min extra stretching per day but its not enough.

Libido is starting to be slightly depressed. It could be placebo since I've been expecting it to tank. Could also be a function of the overtraining. Regardless it is only slight.
Very happy with the results.

poppydogg

poppydogg

Awards
yea im gonna start week 5 now and libido has slightly gone down. First week weeks it was skyrocketing. Oh well

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
the third week is where its supposed to kick in so keep us posted UGHQTempus

L

lpflyer88

Awards
like you said, libido drop could be overtraining, lack of sleep, placebo.

then again, more first-time users stop at about 5 weeks of 50.

S

SacTownRob

Awards
Sorry to hear about the libido loss !! For me it was great the entire 4 weeks. But then again I only ran it for 4 weeks at 50mgs.

UGHQTempus

UGHQTempus

Awards
  • Established
The overtraining thing was my bad. I did 6 weeks of 3times a week 5x5s (bench, squat, rack deads) with high vol mix body training and complexes on 2 of the off days.

I didn't plan my peroidization around going on cycle properly. So after 8 weeks of that (last 2 on cycle) my body just broke down a little. CNS was fried. One light week (week 3 on cycle) and I'm fine again. Set PRs again monday. These next two weeks should be telling.

UGHQTempus

UGHQTempus

Awards
  • Established
4 weeks down. Starting week 5 (still at 75mg)

So far no sides. Strength levels are still high. Libido is normalish - slightly lower but no worse than not having enough sleep.

Increased ~ 1.5 lbs on the scale (week 4 avg vs week 3 avg.) Maintaining a higher level of vascularity. Abdominal fat has visibly reduced. Down a notch on my weight belt. Noticeable size increase in chest/delts. A few people in the gym have stopped me to mention that the increased size is obvious.

Tempted to run this out one week longer.

ilkyspony

ilkyspony

Awards
this all makes me want to order my h-drol soooo much sooner! not trying to hijack ur thread but I do have a question or two....

When you're on cycle, can you still use an NO booster pre-workout? Along that same line, is it still recommended to use the typical things you would use off cycle? For example in my case I use NO-Shotgun/Vasocharge, Xtend, Animal Pak, and ON 100% whey.

I dont know if you could tell or not, but I'm a noob when it comes to this stuff. This will obviously be my first cycle of an PH so I want to make it work it's best and still be safe and h-drol has come highly recommended. I'm still young (21) so I don't think I need to go too crazy with this stuff now. So if anyone is interested in coaching/teaching me I would love the help, just pm me or send me an im on AIM @ iLkYsPonY. THANKS

oh, good luck on the rest of your cycle, def keep us posted. is that u in ur avatar?

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
this all makes me want to order my h-drol soooo much sooner! not trying to hijack ur thread but I do have a question or two....

When you're on cycle, can you still use an NO booster pre-workout? Along that same line, is it still recommended to use the typical things you would use off cycle? For example in my case I use NO-Shotgun/Vasocharge, Xtend, Animal Pak, and ON 100% whey.

I dont know if you could tell or not, but I'm a noob when it comes to this stuff. This will obviously be my first cycle of an PH so I want to make it work it's best and still be safe and h-drol has come highly recommended. I'm still young (21) so I don't think I need to go too crazy with this stuff now. So if anyone is interested in coaching/teaching me I would love the help, just pm me or send me an im on AIM @ iLkYsPonY. THANKS

oh, good luck on the rest of your cycle, def keep us posted. is that u in ur avatar?
if yoru 21 and you dont really know if that stuff is ok to use on cycle than i say dont even do a cycle. you might wreck yourself. also your 21, you are at the most anabolic state of your life, dont ruin it by running a cycle and shutting yourself down.

but to answer your question, no dont use an NO product. It might cause a spike in blood pressure!!!! and stay off creatine on cycle also!

ilkyspony

ilkyspony

Awards
if your 21 and you dont really know if that stuff is ok to use on cycle than i say dont even do a cycle. you might wreck yourself. also your 21, you are at the most anabolic state of your life, dont ruin it by running a cycle and shutting yourself down.
i dont know about that stuff because im new to this. if no one ever asked questions then no one would be doing anything. as far as wrecking myself, im sure there is a lot worse things i can do that taking hdrol. im currently at an impasse in my training. im hoping this will jump start my progress again. thanks for ur info though.... i didnt think creatine would be a factor.

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
i dont know about that stuff because im new to this. if no one ever asked questions then no one would be doing anything. as far as wrecking myself, im sure there is a lot worse things i can do that taking hdrol. im currently at an impasse in my training. im hoping this will jump start my progress again. thanks for ur info though.... i didnt think creatine would be a factor.
yeah creatine might give you painful back pumps, pm me if you got any questions or need help with pct, dont wanna hijack this thread

UGHQTempus

UGHQTempus

Awards
  • Established

Thats me from this fall @ 240ish. I've added a good 15 lbs of muscle since.

I'm a bit odd in that my BP is nice and doesn't flux much with caffeine. I'm still taking stimulant fat burners. Just Lipo6 (it was cheap so hush) 6-9 caps a day. Plus I take NO Xplode pre-workout. And I'm doing 10g of creatine (technically I take 2 scoops of Universal's Storm.)

And, yes, I still take my animal pak (multi v), EFA, BCAA, and animal flex everyday. A little extra test doesn't mean you get to be silly.

I haven't had any backpump issues. A little pain from a few heavy no belt deads plus no belt squats. But **** happens at 4plates. Its muscle not organ.

If you go on a cycle just make sure you are checking your BP. Don't be silly. Don't risk it.

That being said - at 21 you need to think about focusing on eating and learning to train. Sure you might gain mass on this but you won't have the extra test running around making you superman all that long. If you don't know how to eat and train to make gains then you can't expect to keep them. Why risk your health for gains that only last a few weeks?

UGHQTempus

UGHQTempus

Awards
  • Established
yeah creatine might give you painful back pumps, pm me if you got any questions or need help with pct, dont wanna hijack this thread
hijack away guys. This is just to help provide information - my experience for sure but its a community. The more knowledge we can spread the better.

Anyone know what the mechanism for creatine causing backpumps when on cycle?

UGHQTempus

UGHQTempus

Awards
  • Established
FYI - I drink between 1.5 and 2 gal a day. Assuming backpumps are related to kidney filtration, extra water helps kidney function. Might be why I'm able to take creatine w/ no ill effects.

ilkyspony

ilkyspony

Awards
How can i monitor my BP at home? Do I need to go buy something?

And assuming my diet is in check and I use the proper assistance with the cycle, are the results still only going to be temporary?

Also, I read that h-drol can we used while cutting as well and this is one of the selling points for me. Is there a recommended caloric intake for this process? I'm not looking for some insane cutting phase, just losing a bit of BF and gaining lean muscle (aren't we all?).

I also drink no less than 1 gallon of water a day.

ilkyspony

ilkyspony

Awards
Figured I would also let you all see my shopping list, maybe there's something to be critiqued...

C.E.L. H-Drol 50/50/50/50
C.E.L. Cycle Assist
C.E.L. PCT Assist

And one thing I've heard mentioned but not sure what the benefits would be is Reversitol. What does it help?

UGHQTempus

UGHQTempus

Awards
  • Established
Figured I would also let you all see my shopping list, maybe there's something to be critiqued...

C.E.L. H-Drol 50/50/50/50
C.E.L. Cycle Assist
C.E.L. PCT Assist

And one thing I've heard mentioned but not sure what the benefits would be is Reversitol. What does it help?
REVERSITOL is designed to be your all in one, complete Post Cycle Therapy product. REVERSITOL addresses all aspects necessary to reverse the negative sides effects usually found when completing a Cycle. Through our patent pending S.E.R.M. Matrix, iFORCE is able to raise Testosterone and Luteinizing Hormone, while jumpstarting the HPTA axis. The Estrogen Modulation Matrix (patent pending) focuses on inhibiting the build up of bad Estrogen while regulating levels of the Good Estrogen.
PCT REVERSITOL consumers experience:
• Strength gains while cycled off prohormones or steroids
• Jump in libido
• increase in lean muscle mass
• increased energy and quicker recovery

---

I haven't used it but thats the thumbnail. It can be added to an existing PCT or the cornerstone of a well crafted one if you don't want to use a real SERM.

One broad statement I've heard is that because they use proprietary formulas, you don't know the exact amount of ATD, I3C and 6-bromo you are taking. Makes it rough stacking with anything else since you never know exactly what levels you are at.

UGHQTempus

UGHQTempus

Awards
  • Established
How can i monitor my BP at home? Do I need to go buy something?

And assuming my diet is in check and I use the proper assistance with the cycle, are the results still only going to be temporary?

Also, I read that h-drol can we used while cutting as well and this is one of the selling points for me. Is there a recommended caloric intake for this process? I'm not looking for some insane cutting phase, just losing a bit of BF and gaining lean muscle (aren't we all?).

I also drink no less than 1 gallon of water a day.

You can get a cheap little home monitor for 25-30 bucks. Since I'm shopping for fresh veggies every 1-2 days, I just use the one at the store.

Assuming your diet and training are solid and you have a good PCT then you should be able to keep all or most of your gains. No supplement, not even PHs, will make up for poor training. It might take a little long but you'll lose the gains if you aren't training with intensity or you are constantly overtrained. If you are already doing all the right things then adding a booster in just makes it go a bit faster.

H-drol is great for recomps. I did the first 2 weeks on a slight (200-300 cal/day) deficit and more or less maint cal the last 2 week. Gains are mild (only a few lbs up) but I've probably recomped a comparable amount. I'm guessing I'm net up 7 lbs of muscle and down 4 lbs of fat. It might be more. Then again, I'm a pretty big guy to start with so as a % change its not that huge. 3% growth and 1.5% cut.

J

JazzV

Awards
I'm about ready to jump on this crazy H-drol train as well....

Considering you keep your training going strong, how long would you expect the results from your cycle to last?

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm about ready to jump on this crazy H-drol train as well....

Considering you keep your training going strong, how long would you expect the results from your cycle to last?
The idea is to retain almost all gains with proper PCT , diet and Training....i think diet screws alot of user up in pct~~they just fall off the wagon:donut:

ilkyspony

ilkyspony

Awards
So I should assume that Reversitol is potentially a waste of money since I'm using the CEL Cycle Assist and PCT Assist? I'm also assuming that h-drol is more of the "mild" brands of PH. Correct me if I'm wrong. But if that's the case, would a SERM be necessary if the other items I've listed are used?

UGHQTempus

UGHQTempus

Awards
  • Established
So I should assume that Reversitol is potentially a waste of money since I'm using the CEL Cycle Assist and PCT Assist? I'm also assuming that h-drol is more of the "mild" brands of PH. Correct me if I'm wrong. But if that's the case, would a SERM be necessary if the other items I've listed are used?
I am not using a SERM for my PCT. But thats a personal decision. If you search on here and elsewhere you'll find a variety of opinions. Everyone reacts differently and has different levels of shutdown and tolerances. And different rates of recovery. No one else can tell you what will work perfectly for you.

Just make sure you have all the PCT based covered:

Cort control
Recover HPTA
Boost Testosterone
Control Estrogen
Inhibit the effects of SHBG
Aromatase Inhibition/Estrogen control

ilkyspony

ilkyspony

Awards
Just make sure you have all the PCT based covered:

Cort control
Recover HPTA
Boost Testosterone
Control Estrogen
Inhibit the effects of SHBG
Aromatase Inhibition/Estrogen control

Maybe i'm not ready for a cycle after all, cause I have very little idea what that stuff means.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Go w/ PCT assist and Inhibit E or Topical Formestane...forget the serm for this cycle

UGHQTempus

UGHQTempus

Awards
  • Established
Maybe i'm not ready for a cycle after all, cause I have very little idea what that stuff means.
I'd wait then. Spend a little time on here reading and searching. Figure out what it all means and get some good questions. Post or PM me and we can talk.