my h-drol log

Harland

Harland

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
So today is my first day with hdrol, taking 50mg spread almost evenly between the day.

Can't give you a huge whats up so far since my actual day was a little messed up. The workout was alright, didn't notice a difference yet, but then again i only had 25mg by then. I did started using the 90lb dbs for military press and they felt good.

I'll be doing 50mg for the first two weeks, then im thinking of going to 75mg for the last three. Im taking cycle assist and i take a multi here and there along with some added fish oil. Im currently taking some anabolic switch that i got from a friend, not too bad of stuff, i did it last week and i will finish it this week. I plan on starting 4 weeks of black powder next week to compliment my last four weeks of hdrol.

My PCT will inlcude some cycle assist, If i have some left, some 6OXO and some anti-aromatase(spelling?) which i have enough for at least 3 weeks. I might do some kind of creatine or something, dont know what ill end up getting yet.

My diet is geared towards gaining weight even though it seems harder and harder to do that, but i eat at least 160-180 grams of protein a day and i supplement 100 grams between shakes, in the morning, before and after workout. So I get at least 250 a day, and i have good complex carbs with every meal, usually until the last meal or two then i just focus on protein.

Right now my cardio is at almost none. My job (UPS) includes a lot of walking and lifting packages averaging 20 pounds i would say. Not that my job constitutes a good cardio program, but it burns a good deal of calories.

My actual workout is pretty much a 5 day routine, and the exercises vary week to week, I'm focusing on 8-10 reps right now, Ive been training for over 5 years now and i know how my body responds to certain reps. Weight is always geared towards the heavy side, if i can do all 8 reps for my sets then i bump it up.

My starting stats are weight ~225, bicep flexed 16.4 inches, waist ~36, chest 48 (i think) and calf 17.1 inches.

ill keep everyone informed.

Harland

Harland

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
DAY 2:
I'll start with some things i noticed, first, at work, my knees/around the knees felt a little rough today, sometimes my legs hurt from working but not usually like this.

My workout wasn't bad, not much of a strength increase, but still some good gains. I did put up the 100lb db's for 8 reps on my first set of incline press, I could of went for more but i had my other sets in mind, which where 7 and then 6 reps.

I did notice that i wasn't really tired or even that sore after my workout, which is kind of weird because i usually always feel a little wore down, even when bumping the weight up.

Other then that, ive just been sticking to my diet, and taken 50mg a day, 25mg at 2am and 25 at 2pm.

Harland

Harland

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I thought about it, but didn't really think that anti-a, 6-oxo and pct assist was truly necessary for 5 weeks of "on"cycle

Harland

Harland

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
DAY 3:
everything is going smooth so far, taking 50mg spread out.

Today at work my knees wernt as sore as they where yesterday, so i don't know what that was but im going to monitor it. I was still i little sore and im not as use to that.

The real difference today was my workout. I had a slight headache and was tired from being out in the sun for a while and i didn't really feel like working out. I did a set or two, and then all of a sudden i started to feel pretty good and my strength was up a bit. The same thing happened today also, i was pushing myself further then usual and yet i felt little soreness at the end of my workout. It felt good. I was able to do a couple extra dips, etc.

I happened to weigh myself at the gym today also, i was 231... which kind of a shock.

Harland

Harland

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
DAY 4:
Pretty good day today. I noticed some slight knee pain at work, if I could better describe what I feel, its like the bones in my knee are rubbing together. It's weird because it doesn't happen in any other joints, like my elbow or around my hands.

Other then that, my workout was pretty good. Today was the first day i have done squats in a while, and i did 315lbs like it was nothing. My strength was up on my stiff leg dead lifts also. The only thing that i noticed was some pain in my lower back/middle of my back. It's not a pulled muscle. It is just kind of like a charlie horse. Ive heard of such a thing so i think im going to take some Taurine and see if that helps, but we will know for sure tomorrow after i workout my back.

Ive noticed my appetite is up a little. I took my girl out to lunch at this bar-b-que place i go to often, all you can eat for 8.99, well i had about 3 plates of beef, a plate of chicken, and a plate of turkey with some garlic bread here and there and i was still slightly hungry. But then again i have set the record there for the most plates of food ate in one sitting.

Other then that, i was 231 again, so i dont know how i exactly gained 5 pounds over the course of a couple days. I was 226 on sunday, but hell ill go with it. hopefully 235 here i come.

Harland

Harland

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
DAT 5:
well the "back pumps" are here and they are a pain in the ass. I narrowed it down too the fact that i did take some endorush which is sort of like an NO product, and that i did some heavy deadlifts and squats, then i did back today.

So i plan on picking up some taurine today, and supplementing that with some added potassium, with of ourse some more water.

My back workout although my back did hurt a little, went pretty good. I didn't really go hard, so i cant report on strength.

Harland

Harland

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
quick update, woke up today and weighed my self dry, i was 227, so a good solid 2 pounds increase since last week.

I added some taurine to my regimen and im starting to feel good. Ive already drank a gallon of water today, so im keeping the water high also.

Im starting to notice some slight vasculinity, feel good too.

TheBreeze

TheBreeze

Awards
  • Established
Ive been keeping an eye on your progress because you are running pretty much the same cycle Ive been looking into for a first PH cycle for a while now. You seem like your having a good run at this point.

So far you seem to only be having the back pumps, which, Ive heard come with many PHs. Other than that your knees dont really seem to be too severe.

My main question is this...how strict are you on your diet???
My diet is the main thing holding me back as I dont always have time to precook chicken and eat healthy food. I was really trying to eat way better last fall and cut up pretty well but the biggest thing I did was eat LESS of everything and try to cut out sugar as much as possible.

Im just wondering if a cycle of H-drol better yet any PH will help me to come closer to the body I dream of every night.
(anyone else feel free to post up, this post isnt directly to Harlem)

theBIGcactus

theBIGcactus

Awards
  • Established
keep up the posting ill be starting my h-drol cycle in a few weeks and make a log also. nice job

Harland

Harland

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
update: Ive got my back pain down a lot, but it is still there no matter what i do, the added taurine and potassium helps along with a ton of water. Not taking any NO or creatine products at the moment and have been for days.

My workout today was pretty good, i had a limited time at the gym because of some bullshit, but i still made a good workout out of it. my strength was consistent and i bumped my weight up a little.

Im starting to notice im becoming a little bit leaner here and there. which is good.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
DAT 5:
well the "back pumps" are here and they are a pain in the ass. I narrowed it down too the fact that i did take some endorush which is sort of like an NO product, and that i did some heavy deadlifts and squats, then i did back today.

So i plan on picking up some taurine today, and supplementing that with some added potassium, with of ourse some more water.

My back workout although my back did hurt a little, went pretty good. I didn't really go hard, so i cant report on strength.
Hdrol has a long half life I doubt it would be from the h-drol this earlier in.

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
Get som Cissus for the knees. I am suprised that you would start a cycle this close to the holiday's. My deceased wife was a UPS driver and during the holidays she was working 10 - 12 hrs (or more if they sent her back out) per day. I would think that you wouldn't have the time or energy to really devote to a proper cycle or are you figuring that since the real gains come in the later weeks that you'll be past the holidays when it hits?

Harland

Harland

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
DAY 9:
My back hurt a tiny bit today, been taking taurine and potassium, and it was the hdrol because no matter what i did, it still hurt a little bit, and it was tight in the morning. Plus the fact that over the last 5 five years, ive hurt my back in several ways, but never have i have felt this way before.

My job isn't really more then about 6-7 hours or walking around, i lift packages, but nothing too crazy. I feel that it is a perfect time for a cycle, because i will be having some extra food here and there. Next week, week 3, will be that last week that i will be working at least 7 hours a day, barely working that now, so i think the big weeks 4 and 5 will be during even less work and be a good time to really hit the gym before all the resolution people show up.

My workout today was pretty good, i took some black powder for the hell of it to see how it would effect my back, and i took it with 1500mgs of taurine and my back fell super good, the best it has felt since Thursday. The slight pumps came back about an hour after workout but they are not that bad.
The workout was great, i put up 3 sets of 8 reps, on 100lb db incline press. Plus after my workout, beside the fact that i wanted to just keep on lifting, i didn't want to leave, I didn't really feel that fatigued as if i did this type of pounding on a regular "off" day.

Other than that, my diet has been good, really eating a ton.
A typical day looks kind of looks like this...

meal 1 (before work) protein smoothie, all natural PB, banana, whey, milk = ~40grams of protein, good amount of carbs, good fats for added added during the first three hours of work.

protein bar/snack 5 grams of protein

meal 2 (during break) turkey sandwhich, not my best meal but i don't get a huge break and some turkey on multi grain bread is a good bet, i would say this meal is ~35 grams of protein and some good carbs.

2 protein bars/snack 10 grams of protein

pre workout shake 30 grams of protein, gatorade and oatmeal. + black powder.

post workout shake 55 grams of protein, gatorade and oatmeal.

meal 3, 5 egg whites - 1 yolk, 1 & 1/2 piece of toast. about 25-20 grams of protein

meal 4 and 5 chicken alfredo with egg noodles (those no yolk noodles or whatever they are) at least 45 grams of protein for the first meal, probably 30 grams the second meal.

usually last meal is a glass of milk and some cottage cheese, but since im hitting the sack early, im going to just drink some milk and take my fish oil.

roughly 280 grams of protein, with at least 180 or so from food. This is spread out from like 1 am to 4 pm.

ill keep you guys informed.

Harland

Harland

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Day 10:
Good day today, woke up with my back feeling tight, but went away after the day went on.

My workout was good, strength was there, i was able to curl 55lb dbs for 3 sets 8 reps. Then go up in weight on my 21's after that. I got a little fatigued when i went to triceps, but my dips were good. Overall my arms felt good.

Diet wasn't great today, i hit up the all you can eat barbque for about 6 plates, the waitress is always surprised when i just keep re ordering plates of chicken and beef. But thats all i eat, no french fries or bullshit, but of course some garlic bread here and there.

oh and i heard that there is a chicken wing joint by my house that has a record, some dumb**** ate 65 chicken wings, im thinking either sunday or sometime in the near future, im going to go demolish that record. I'll keep you posted... lol

I was 230 at the gym today, and ive noticed that ive been a little bit leaner in the mirror.

TheBreeze

TheBreeze

Awards
  • Established
sounds like your eating a lot. But doesnt it depend on the way the food is cooked, like what its cooked in???

Anyways, if youre looking leaner and feeling stronger and gettng bigger then somethings going right.

Im am just afraid of doing a cycle cause my diet is sooo terrible. Plus my ex-girlfriend is moving out soon so I will be eating even less well cooked food.
If I can get my diet straight I will be on an H-drol cycle like its nobodys business.
Gainin mass and gettin lean!!!!!

Harland

Harland

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
my diet isn't perfect, i would say my diet right now is 85% with about 10 percent being eating out, and 3 percent for not eating every meal, and 2 percent for the way i sometimes add **** to my meals.

dont get me wrong, when i go out, i dont just eat bullshit, i go for the healthy side of things, still watching what i eat, salads instead of fries, etc. I just try to eat as much as possible, and i try to make every meal except one meal a good one, so that one meal can be at a restaurant or missed etc.

For the most part though i grill all my chicken and cook my eggs in some extra virgin olive oil, and i don't really eat anything besides good complex carbs. I eat sugar, but everyone does, and you and your body needs it from time to time..

I tell my clients and other people to try and keep protein with fat, or protein with carbs, not carbs and fat.

TheBreeze

TheBreeze

Awards
  • Established
my diet isn't perfect, i would say my diet right now is 85% with about 10 percent being eating out, and 3 percent for not eating every meal, and 2 percent for the way i sometimes add **** to my meals.

dont get me wrong, when i go out, i dont just eat bullshit, i go for the healthy side of things, still watching what i eat, salads instead of fries, etc. I just try to eat as much as possible, and i try to make every meal except one meal a good one, so that one meal can be at a restaurant or missed etc.

For the most part though i grill all my chicken and cook my eggs in some extra virgin olive oil, and i don't really eat anything besides good complex carbs. I eat sugar, but everyone does, and you and your body needs it from time to time..

I tell my clients and other people to try and keep protein with fat, or protein with carbs, not carbs and fat.
right on, i hear you. Like i said before my diet is the biggest thing holding me back other than my lack of effort of getting in the gym lately.:frustrate

I really do have a ton of respect for those guys and girls out there who can eat clean day in and day out and not get sick of it. I thinks its expensive to eat clean too! I mean, I'll drop $15 just on a 7lb bag of chicken.(and thats cheap!)
Plus Im lazy a F**K and dont like to cook a ton of stuff all at once cause then its all gone the next day. I have no dicipline.

I would love to get on some h-drol and do a nice recomp but I dont wanna do it halfassed.

I need to get on a decent eating schedule first and get in AND stay in the gym. And keep slammin the steel.:clean::dl::squat::good:

Harland

Harland

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
update for thursday day 11, my leg workout was kind of sorry. My legs were sore and my knees hurt from work, i couldn't do leg curls or sldl. I still had a decent workout though.

Still staying around the same weight and getting leaner.

next week im going to bump up to 75mg, i am 230 pounds, and i think that 75 will be good.

Harland

Harland

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
update: started first day of 75mg, Feeling pretty good, slight back pain here and there, no sides to report of. I feel like i can lift a million pounds but when i try to go for it my strength isn't there. I don't know if it was my diet over the last couple days or what, but I bet my strength will come back tomorrow. I deff. see a leaner self in the mirror.

Ill keep you updated.

Harland

Harland

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
UPDATE DAY: 16? I think this is day 16.

I woke up with slight pain tightness, and ive narrowed it down to NO and hdrol do not really mix, unless you keep you taurine and potassium up.

Ive been feeling pretty good lately but a little lethargic, i think it is because im not eating enough, even though ive been pounding down the calories.

Workout today was good, picked up the 105lb dbs and repped em out. first set 8, then 7 then 6. not bad for the first time picking the 105's up and trying to do more then like 4-5 reps. Strength was there today, not really full blast, but more like 90% I think that if i ate more then i do now, i could have some more strength. I deff notice myself being leaner. Today at the gym i looked a little cut, and for a 231 pound guy to look a little cut, is kind of scary.

But everything is good, noticing a few pimples here and there, nothing serious, i get some here and there anyway. I do notice that they are different then the ones i normally get though, like they are under the skin.

Harland

Harland

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
update, still getting lean, feeling strong, no sides to report of, i mean slight back pain has gone away with extra water and taurine, one pimple, and some slight knee pain. But **** i could have those everyday of the week.

I did some reading up on hdrol before i started, and a lot of people reported "feeling it kick in" around week three, well i havnt felt that much...

I have an update pick from the start

first one was taken yesterday, second one was taken at the start.

Attachments

theBIGcactus

theBIGcactus

Awards
  • Established
hmm u look bigger on the second one so I guess you have leaned out some

Harland

Harland

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
yeah the first picture is like 3 weeks after the second one

Harland

Harland

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
update:

I did legs today and I have to say im starting to be impressed. I was up on every exercise. I felt really good, and even though i pounded my legs, i can still walk!!!

I'm definitely noticing my gains, which is GOOD! and no sides to report.

Ive been eating like a machine the last couple days, ive almost ate a whole turkey and a pot of yams so far today.

Harland

Harland

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
cool, yeah im getting excited.

did 50/50/now im doing the last three 75/75/75

so whole cycle will be 50/50/75/75/75

Harland

Harland

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
update:

Ok yesterday i was going to busch gardens so i was going to workout before i went, so i took my 50mg in the morning with some black powder before i went to the gym. HOLY COW I felt like i could get outside and pull the gym on a rope with my teeth.

Workout was good, the only thing that sucked is i had to hurry.

Everything is going great, today is the end of week 3 and im up ~10 pounds 225-235 All stats are up a good deal and im feeling great.

Ive narrowed done the back pumps to whenever i do something that involves heavy stress on my back, like sldl or hyper extensions. plus the addition of a pre workout NO you are going to feel the pumps. So i just added taurine (twinlab 1000mg caps ~ $5.34) and some potassium (regular 99mg tabs) with some extra water of course.

I havent done an ounce of cardio this whole cycle so far, so im going to take a light jog today.

Have to say that overall im impressed with this product. Ive never taken anything like this in the past, and with testing MANY different types of supplements in the past 6 years, I did have a year and a half of just lifting and eating, no supps at all somewhere in that mix. That Hdrol has been the only thing that i have ever taken, well besides some ephedra, that you could actually see the results.

Harland

Harland

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
update:
had a good workout today, strength was up a good amount, did 110lb dbs for bench press.

everything is going good, weighed in at 234 today, up a couple pounds, ill take some pics or a measurement tomorrow.

n5605r

Awards
Sounds like it's going well for you. I am essentially following the same cycle you are, and I will go up to 75mg in weeks 3 - 5. Right now, I am two weeks into the h-drol, and my weight is up about 4 pounds and body fat has gone from 11 to about 9 percent. So, from what I hear from everyone else, the real results are yet to come...

Harland

Harland

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
yeah im pretty impressed this week

MY workout today was crazy as hell, i thought my arms were going to explode. IT was kind of weird because the first set of each exercise my strength was down then the next two would be up.

n5605r

Awards
You may have mentioned already, but what are you going to use for pct?

Harland

Harland

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i got some pct assist by cel some 6 oxo and some anti-aromatase, plus some preworkout ****

Harland

Harland

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
UPDATE

some weird side effects are going on in the last couple days, ever since last wednesday or so ive been having some weird **** happen.

it starts with ****ing my girlfriend, ill be fine, i mean im ready to go all the time, then half way in, when im changing positions, my **** goes soft. Ive never had my **** go soft during sex before, i did notice my nuts were a little "smaller" then normal, but there still have good size.

then today out of no where my ****ing nipples started to ich.

So im keeping everything in check, i took a small dose of an anti-aromatase today...

Im still up in the air if i should cut my cycle a little short, i was going to run my cycle to about next tuesday/wednesday. I might cut it off at like saturday, but who knows

Harland

Harland

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
its gone away with the AI, pretty much back to normal. im sure everything willl be cool when im done, and start my pct.

Harland

Harland

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
everything is cool today, it seems like ive touched the base on every side effect there is with out actually getting side effects, its pretty funny.

theBIGcactus

theBIGcactus

Awards
  • Established
thats good that it went away but damn I probably woulda stoped my cycle and went to pct if that happend to me lol

Harland

Harland

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
everything going good, going to wrap the cycle up in a couple days, i think the total would be like 38 days or something.

I can tell a huge change in bodyfat, and i can tell that ive gained some muscle, im at 235 today and that is up about 8 or so pounds.

Im going to do some final stats or pics before i start my pct, then keep that tracked as well.

n5605r

Awards
Look forward to seeing the final pics. Any thoughts on if you're going to do another cycle in the future, and if so, what?

Harland

Harland

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Look forward to seeing the final pics. Any thoughts on if you're going to do another cycle in the future, and if so, what?

well im going to have some hdrol left, and i hope that if it has a long shelf life, that i can run it maybe with some epistane like next year or something. As far as this year is concerned, im thinking of running a p-plex cycle in july/august

n5605r

Awards
Cool. What are the main differences between h-drol and p-plex?

rabican

rabican

Awards
  • Established
...sorry im coming into this log late, did you say you take 25mg at 2am before bed? i would think this is a bad idea...iv always heard take 25mg right when you wakeup then 25mg about a hour before you lift.

Harland

Harland

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
...sorry im coming into this log late, did you say you take 25mg at 2am before bed? i would think this is a bad idea...iv always heard take 25mg right when you wakeup then 25mg about a hour before you lift.
i spread it out, 25 when i wake up 25 when i go to the gym and 25 later in the day... i think you recover during sleep, i could be wrong, so wouldn't an increase in hormones be a good thing?

n5605r

Awards
I will do some more research on P-plex. As for the H-drol, I was doing 50 mg in the morning when I wake up, then I go right to the gym. Then around dinner, I take the other 25 mg. Any thoughts on bumping up to 100 mg for then final week?

Harland

Harland

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
im done in two days, like a total of 38 days or close to that, so it was 50mg the first 14, then 75mg for the last 24, and no i didn't want to bump it up to 100mg it seemed to excessive.

Harland

Harland

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
alright i cut my cycle off on Tuesday morning because my nips started to hurt a little bit. So i started an AI that day with PCT assist, and then i started 6oxo yesterday at 500mg. I don't know what it is, but i feel pretty good, ive been a little lethargic in the morning, but then again my GF has been keeping me up late.

I noticed my strength is still going up, which is cool. the puffiness went done on my nips by 70% so far and the pain has gone down at least 95%. No other sides, except some light joint pain, but **** im fine.

I know i have been promising pictures but my GF has been a bitch lately and i cant get her to take some decent pictures for me. I will try to get those up for you guys, plus keep you informed on the PCT.