Poll: Are you interested in IBE's Reverse?

IBE Reverse: What do you think?

Page 5 of 7 First ... 34567 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by datBtrue View Post
    Now I see why you are so excited about your "baby". Your potential market is huge...way beyond the bodybuilding community.

Make sure you file a patent application that also includes you not just IBE....

I could not agree more, DB. I saw the following in the Life Extension Magazine. You probably have seen it, too:

GlaxoSmithKline Invests in Resveratrol Research

For years Life Extension magazine has been reporting on the multiple health benefits of resveratrol. We have urged members to incorporate this vital nutrient into their personal life-extension program. Now, pharmaceutical companies see the financial potential of creating a prescription drug from resveratrol compounds in order to treat age-related disease. Recently, pharmaceutical giant GlaxoSmithKline announced that it would acquire all outstanding shares of Sirtris Pharmaceuticals for $720 million in order to cash in on the life-extending promise of resveratrol-based compounds.1

Found in red grapes and wine, resveratrol has been credited with extending life span in a variety of organisms.2,3 Resveratrol mimics the life-extending properties of caloric restriction by activating enzymes called sirtuins, which influence a variety of aging-related metabolic functions.

Sirtris was founded in 2004 after Dr. David Sinclair of Harvard Medical School began publishing findings regarding resveratrol’s remarkable potential benefits.2 Sirtris’ stated goal is to discover and develop small molecules with anti-aging potential, and its research efforts have largely focused on enhancing the potency of resveratrol-based compounds.

GlaxoSmithKline evidently hopes to modify the resveratrol molecule to further bolster its bioavailability and effects. Such a modification would also allow the drug company to patent the new molecule and market it exclusively.

—Dale Kiefer

Reference

1. Available at: http://www.gsk.com/media/pressreleas...ease_10038.htm. Accessed April 30, 2008.
    2. Howitz KT, Bitterman KJ, Cohen HY, et al. Small molecule activators of sirtuins extend Saccharomyces cerevisiae lifespan. Nature. 2003 Sep 11;425(6954):191-6.
    3. Baur JA, Pearson KJ, Price NL, et al. Resveratrol improves health and survival of mice on a high-calorie diet. Nature. 2006 Nov 16;444(7117):337-42.

2. Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    I could not agree more, DB. I saw the following in the Life Extension Magazine. You probably have seen it, too:

GlaxoSmithKline Invests in Resveratrol Research

For years Life Extension magazine has been reporting on the multiple health benefits of resveratrol. We have urged members to incorporate this vital nutrient into their personal life-extension program. Now, pharmaceutical companies see the financial potential of creating a prescription drug from resveratrol compounds in order to treat age-related disease. Recently, pharmaceutical giant GlaxoSmithKline announced that it would acquire all outstanding shares of Sirtris Pharmaceuticals for $720 million in order to cash in on the life-extending promise of resveratrol-based compounds.1

Found in red grapes and wine, resveratrol has been credited with extending life span in a variety of organisms.2,3 Resveratrol mimics the life-extending properties of caloric restriction by activating enzymes called sirtuins, which influence a variety of aging-related metabolic functions.

Sirtris was founded in 2004 after Dr. David Sinclair of Harvard Medical School began publishing findings regarding resveratrol’s remarkable potential benefits.2 Sirtris’ stated goal is to discover and develop small molecules with anti-aging potential, and its research efforts have largely focused on enhancing the potency of resveratrol-based compounds.

GlaxoSmithKline evidently hopes to modify the resveratrol molecule to further bolster its bioavailability and effects. Such a modification would also allow the drug company to patent the new molecule and market it exclusively.

—Dale Kiefer

Reference

1. Available at: http://www.gsk.com/media/pressreleas...ease_10038.htm. Accessed April 30, 2008.
    2. Howitz KT, Bitterman KJ, Cohen HY, et al. Small molecule activators of sirtuins extend Saccharomyces cerevisiae lifespan. Nature. 2003 Sep 11;425(6954):191-6.
    3. Baur JA, Pearson KJ, Price NL, et al. Resveratrol improves health and survival of mice on a high-calorie diet. Nature. 2006 Nov 16;444(7117):337-42.

This is why when Fitnecise over at bb.com starts bashing Resveratrol and how it won't amount to anything etc etc etc. I just sit back and smile, because big pharma doesn't get involved unless there is potential.
    PharmD
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by LakeMountD View Post
    ... big pharma doesn't get involved unless there is potential.
    Yep! Depending on the relative superiority of IBE Reverse/Triacetylated Resveratrol, GlaxoSmithKline might just consider making IBE a nice acquisition offer!

4. Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    Yep! Depending on the relative superiority of IBE Reverse/Triacetylated Resveratrol, GlaxoSmithKline might just consider making IBE a nice acquisition offer!
    Hahaha riiiiight, somehow I see that one getting messy ;-). "Give us your company or we will decimate you!" lol
    PharmD

5. Quote Originally Posted by LakeMountD View Post
    Hahaha riiiiight, somehow I see that one getting messy ;-). "Give us your company or we will decimate you!" lol
    OR have the right "plugged in" white-shoes law firm represent you and "the boys" may let you have a taste.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by datBtrue View Post
    OR have the right "plugged in" white-shoes law firm represent you and "the boys" may let you have a taste.
    Yeah, we put a patent on it, but I have a feeling they will get around it somehow on the basis of research. Bottom line is they can do it much more easily with the cash flow that they have.
    PharmD
  7. Very Quiet here today!

Quote Originally Posted by LakeMountD View Post
    Yeah, we put a patent on it, but I have a feeling they will get around it somehow on the basis of research. Bottom line is they can do it much more easily with the cash flow that they have.
    Is this the calm before the Grand Announcement "Reverse is finally here"?
  8. Any news??

Is there any news on Reverse? It's the end of July.

9. exercise in a pill, and reservatol is mentioned as well!
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/01/sc...=1&oref=slogin
  10. Any Updates??

Please .......... any updates?

11. As always we are just waiting on one last company to finish up what they are doing so we can move forward. We already have the ingredients so there is no problem there. I will get some testers this week .
    PharmD

12. Quote Originally Posted by LakeMountD View Post
    As always we are just waiting on one last company to finish up what they are doing so we can move forward. We already have the ingredients so there is no problem there. I will get some testers this week .
    I am salivating....

13. Quote Originally Posted by mrchristian View Post
    I am salivating....
    LoL as am I. It has been a nightmare trying to get everything together. When you are trying to coordinate 4-5 different businesses it is always tough.
    PharmD

14. Quote Originally Posted by LakeMountD View Post
    LoL as am I. It has been a nightmare trying to get everything together. When you are trying to coordinate 4-5 different businesses it is always tough.
    would love to test for ya if I could. I am already spreading the news and the website amoung folks at work. folks here always ask me for supplement advice.
    I can also maybe swing some folks to check it out at AlinBoard for ya since I am a respected member there.
  15. Reverse!!

No news! That's scary. Makes me wonder if Glaxo Smithkline is indeed trying to do a hostile take-over of IBE.

That aside, when will Reverse be available to us?

16. Quote Originally Posted by rykkk View Post
    No news! That's scary. Makes me wonder if Glaxo Smithkline is indeed trying to do a hostile take-over of IBE.

That aside, when will Reverse be available to us?
    I posted a new thread in the IBE forum here! Pre-orders are ready to go. They are actually moving very quickly and there are limited quantities so if you want to secure yours I suggest you do it soon
    PharmD

17. Interesting read about reservatrol on this link

http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocente...dex.html#intro
  18. Thanks!!

I posted a new thread in the IBE forum here! Pre-orders are ready to go. They are actually moving very quickly and there are limited quantities so if you want to secure yours I suggest you do it soon
    Thanks for update -- I placed my order .....I'm all psyched!!

Just a few questions: 1) How many capsules per bottle? 2) What quantity of Triacetylated Resveratrol per capsule? and 3) Can I expect to receive this within a week's time as I leave for vacation in just over a week?

19. Pardon the ignorance but isnt this similar to how CLA works?

(via PPAR-deta expression)

""Dr. Evans and his team found that the PPAR-delta protein remodeled the muscle, producing more of the high-endurance Type 1 fiber. They genetically engineered a strain of mice whose muscles produced extra amounts of PPAR-delta. These mice grew more Type 1 fibers and could run twice as far as on a treadmill as ordinary mice before collapsing.

Given that people cannot be engineered in this way, Dr. Evans wondered whether levels of the PPAR-delta protein could be raised by drugs. Pharmaceutical companies have long tried to manipulate PPAR-delta because of its role in fat metabolism, and Dr. Evans found several drugs were available, although they had been tested for different purposes.
    """

Quote Originally Posted by corsaking View Post
    Interesting read about reservatrol on this link

Linus Pauling Institute at Oregon State University

20. I have never studied extensively anything related to CLA so I couldn't comment on it honestly.
    PharmD

21. We are running a sale of this currently on IBE and it will be at Nutraplanet hopefully by the end of the week.

LMD
    PharmD

22. Quote Originally Posted by LakeMountD;
    We are running a sale of this currently on IBE and it will be at Nutraplanet hopefully by the end of the week.

LMD
    Sounds good!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.

23. Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    To everyone, his own, but I am still struggling to understand why every compound a bodybuilder uses has to "build muscle"! To my mind, building muscle is only one part of "bodybuilding". Besides, it is in the interest of a bodybuilder to make sure he is in sound physical health, otherwise, he would definitely compromise his goal of effective bodybuilding. So, in my opinion, supplements such as IBE Reverse belong squarely within a bodybuilder's arsenal.
    I don't see a lot of bodybuilders spending >$45-50 on a health supplement. Most of them are young and don't understand the importance of health. Heck I'll admit that I didn't.
    If bodybuilders and general public alike cared about health as much as they care about outer appearances doctors and pharmaceuticals would be out of business

Superficiality of today's people amazes me (I guess I'm still naive IF IT INDEED AMAZES me). Speaking of the bodybuilders, many can't think outside of a square box. Extra muscle is dispensable for living, if you want to build more you have to create the right stimulus and provide the right building blocks. Because "the right stimulus" is inevitably a great stressor, you need to take care extra care of your health or you may as well flush all your gym efforts down the toilet.
    Why do we have to bang our head against the wall until it cracks before we realize we shouldn’t have banged it in the first place ?!

Because humans are stubborn creatures and can only be convinced of inefficiency of their own methods through personal experiences :

Yep, I'm guilty too

24. Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    If bodybuilders and general public alike cared about health as much as they care about outer appearances doctors and pharmaceuticals would be out of business

Superficiality of today's people amazes me (I guess I'm still naive IF IT INDEED AMAZES me). Speaking of the bodybuilders, many can't think outside of a square box. Extra muscle is dispensable for living, if you want to build more you have to create the right stimulus and provide the right building blocks. Because "the right stimulus" is inevitably a great stressor, you need to take care extra care of your health or you may as well flush all your gym efforts down the toilet.
    Why do we have to bang our head against the wall until it cracks before we realize we shouldn’t have banged it in the first place ?!

Because humans are stubborn creatures and can only be convinced of inefficiency of their own methods through personal experiences :

Yep, I'm guilty too
    The quote in bold and italics is a good way to describe those who dose themselves up with prohormones or designer steroids or both , then use a forum for someone to recommend a good PCT.

Is it not time to step back for moment for all of us to reflect on what we are doing , where we want to be in bodybuilding terms to see if we are being swallowed up and taken in by the amount of claims in advertising that some supplement companies engage in.

We have just had the 2008 olympics with 2012 not too far away.Maybe we should be looking to the guys and girls who came away with gold silver and bronze , to see just what it takes to get to the level they have in terms of training, diet and supplementation.Somehow i dont think they will be walking into a health food store or logging on to a online supplement company to try a supplement just because its flavour of the month
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. back/bicep day, what do you think?
    By logan in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-29-2003, 03:52 PM
  2. What do you think about Trenabol-X
    By neckcrank in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-03-2003, 01:16 AM
  3. What do you think about mag-10
    By patrol in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-01-2003, 07:21 PM
  4. What do you think?
    By Champ in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-26-2003, 08:26 PM
  5. What do you think of this bulking stack?
    By BigVrunga in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-19-2003, 01:12 AM