Poll: Are you interested in IBE's Reverse?

IBE Reverse: What do you think?

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  178 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.9%

Quote Originally Posted by saludable24 View Post
    Nice, manipulative poll options too. :P
    Indeed lol. How about a "No, I'm not interested in this particular product" option?

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.82%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

It's there... Just don't vote and add a post saying "I don't care for this type of product"

Polls are usually made with a sarcastic or funny tone. I wouldn't read too much into it.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  178 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.9%

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    It's there... Just don't vote and add a post saying "I don't care for this type of product"
    did just that i figured it was done on purpose to bring some laughter (which it did lol).
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.03%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Just out of curiosity what is the molecular weight of 3,5,4’-triacetyl-trans-stilben?

I thought for some reason I recalled an interaction of transdermal res and certain skin enzymes? I'd have to go back and look though. And this isnt a transdermal so kinda a pointless question, lol.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.21%

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    Everyone has a right to freedom of speech outside of this forum and in the United States but the owner of this forum has their rules and not following those rules will get you a ticket out of here.

You can feel free to reference the First Amendment all you want but it does not live here.

Why yes they did... Do they now?
    makes ya wonder!
  6. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.26%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

When does IBE intend to pick beta testers? It would be an honour to be considered. Well-dosed and well-absorbed Resveratrol is unadulterated magic!
  7. Doctor Science
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.01%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    When does IBE intend to pick beta testers? It would be an honour to be considered. Well-dosed and well-absorbed Resveratrol is unadulterated magic!
    I think this week we might start this process .
  8. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.26%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by LakeMountD View Post
    I think this week we might start this process .
    Thank you!
  9. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

for sure. i've seen such variation too based on where I got the resveratrol from. But when its good, its really good
  10. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.03%

My god... what are you people doing up at 6:30am?

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  11. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.26%

Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    My god... what are you people doing up at 6:30am?

Adams
    It was much later here in Germany!
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.71%

Snorting lines of supplements. It's how we start our day.
  13. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.03%

Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    Snorting lines of supplements. It's how we start our day.
    Watch the green tea... it burns.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  14. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.55%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Question

Does anybody know what it takes to get Resveratrol to mimic calorie restriction/longevity?

Sinclair's 2006 study showed no matter what the diet resveratrol when taken later in life (i.e quivalent to 35 human years) made the life of the mice healthier (thicker bones, no cataracts, stronger heart, less mitochondria damage)...which is great but did not extend the life span.

I haven't spent much time on this but would appreciate it if someone could point to newer source material and/or give me their thoughts on what is needed.

For instance do we need to have resveratrol active constantly in blood plasma (i.e. time released)?

Is their a sweet spot...such that too much & too little don't adequately activate the SIRT1 enzyme?

Has anyone ever contemplated an injectable?

Has anyone thoughts on the difference between resveratrol bringing on a healthier life vs resveratrol bringing on both a healthier & life-span extended life?

What limitations to oral dosing of plain resveratrol will Lake's acetylation REALLY overcome. Is it just more bioavailability at once....more time released element to it... and is this experimental formulation a potential way to get resveratrol to act "more intently" on activating sirtuins?

I'm not asking anybody to do my leg work for me ...just a thought here or there would be great. Thanks guys.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.21%

next would be to find out if an injectable form of it would be better since we are skipping the first pass through the liver.
  16. Doctor Science
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.01%

Quote Originally Posted by datBtrue View Post

Has anyone ever contemplated an injectable?
    Got you covered on that one, as it turns out injecting DOES NOT change the bioavailability, neither does megadosing, which is a very important point to those who attempt to take 1-3g/day.

This is another reason that we made Reverse. As the article states the bioavailability is low despite the dosage and the rate of absorption is very slow.

Pharm Res. 2008 Jul 16. [Epub ahead of print]
    The Impact of Aqueous Solubility and Dose on the Pharmacokinetic Profiles of Resveratrol.
    Das S, Lin HS, Ho PC, Ng KY.
    Department of Pharmacy, Faculty of Science, National University of Singapore, Building S4, Rm 05-02, 18 Science Drive 4, Singapore, 117543, Singapore.

PURPOSE: This study aimed at the investigation of the impact of aqueous solubility and dose manipulation on the pharmacokinetics of resveratrol. METHODS: Water soluble intravenous and oral formulations of resveratrol were prepared with hydroxypropyl-beta-cyclodextrin (HP-beta-CD) and randomly methylated-beta-cyclodextrin (RM-beta-CD), respectively. Sodium salt and suspension of resveratrol in carboxymethyl cellulose (CMC) were used as the reference intravenous and oral formulations, respectively. The pharmacokinetics of resveratrol was assessed in Sprague-Dawley rats. Plasma resveratrol concentrations were measured by high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC). RESULTS: Both HP-beta-CD and RM-beta-CD enhanced the aqueous solubility of resveratrol. After intravenous administration, rapid elimination of resveratrol was observed at all tested doses (5, 10, and 25 mg kg(-1)) regardless of formulation types; with non-linear elimination occurring at the dose of 25 mg kg(-1). RM-beta-CD significantly increased the maximal plasma concentration of orally administered resveratrol, but, it did not increase the oral bioavailability in comparison with the CMC suspension. Furthermore, the oral bioavailability remained unchanged among all tested doses (15, 25, and 50 mg kg(-1)). CONCLUSIONS: Aqueous solubility barrier might affect the speed but not the extent of resveratrol absorption. Further, dose manipulation (up to 50 mg kg(-1)) did not have a significant impact on the oral bioavailability of resveratrol.
  17. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.55%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Thumbs up

Lake you could be a lawyer. You shepardize really well. (i.e. cite the latest most up to date legal precedent).

I have access to the full Pharmacological Research journal but the abstract you dug up is ahead of publication.

I appreciate you giving me the easy answer on this one. Wow that is pretty definitive. Actually IF we can extrapolate from the study there was no increase in bioavailability up to the equivalent of 4 grams dosing for an 80 kilo man.

This may explain why the 2006 study showed health benefits in aged mice but no extended life span (they couldn't get resveratrol levels high enough).

Now I see why you are so excited about your "baby". Your potential market is huge...way beyond the bodybuilding community.

Make sure you file a patent application that also includes you not just IBE.

Thanks again bro... you saved me a bunch of time.

Got you covered on that one, as it turns out injecting DOES NOT change the bioavailability, neither does megadosing, which is a very important point to those who attempt to take 1-3g/day.

This is another reason that we made Reverse. As the article states the bioavailability is low despite the dosage and the rate of absorption is very slow.

Pharm Res. 2008 Jul 16. [Epub ahead of print]
    The Impact of Aqueous Solubility and Dose on the Pharmacokinetic Profiles of Resveratrol.
    Das S, Lin HS, Ho PC, Ng KY.
    Department of Pharmacy, Faculty of Science, National University of Singapore, Building S4, Rm 05-02, 18 Science Drive 4, Singapore, 117543, Singapore.

PURPOSE: This study aimed at the investigation of the impact of aqueous solubility and dose manipulation on the pharmacokinetics of resveratrol. METHODS: Water soluble intravenous and oral formulations of resveratrol were prepared with hydroxypropyl-beta-cyclodextrin (HP-beta-CD) and randomly methylated-beta-cyclodextrin (RM-beta-CD), respectively. Sodium salt and suspension of resveratrol in carboxymethyl cellulose (CMC) were used as the reference intravenous and oral formulations, respectively. The pharmacokinetics of resveratrol was assessed in Sprague-Dawley rats. Plasma resveratrol concentrations were measured by high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC). RESULTS: Both HP-beta-CD and RM-beta-CD enhanced the aqueous solubility of resveratrol. After intravenous administration, rapid elimination of resveratrol was observed at all tested doses (5, 10, and 25 mg kg(-1)) regardless of formulation types; with non-linear elimination occurring at the dose of 25 mg kg(-1). RM-beta-CD significantly increased the maximal plasma concentration of orally administered resveratrol, but, it did not increase the oral bioavailability in comparison with the CMC suspension. Furthermore, the oral bioavailability remained unchanged among all tested doses (15, 25, and 50 mg kg(-1)). CONCLUSIONS: Aqueous solubility barrier might affect the speed but not the extent of resveratrol absorption. Further, dose manipulation (up to 50 mg kg(-1)) did not have a significant impact on the oral bioavailability of resveratrol.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.32%

Eta?

Reverse seems to be one of the most promising product to be released. I have used plain resveratrol for may years now and just can't wait to try this. How much longer do we have to wait? Would this be a "feel" kinda product --i.e. you can actually tell that some positive changes are taking place in your body after using it for some time? Has this undergone any beta-testing yet?
  19. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.03%

Quote Originally Posted by rykkk View Post
    Reverse seems to be one of the most promising product to be released. I have used plain resveratrol for may years now and just can't wait to try this. How much longer do we have to wait? Would this be a "feel" kinda product --i.e. you can actually tell that some positive changes are taking place in your body after using it for some time? Has this undergone any beta-testing yet?
    Last time I asked was about a week ago, and Lake gave a couple week estimate, so really we should be seeing this anytime now.

I know the Shilijit is able to be "felt" by some. As for the new resv. I will let lake answer that one for you. If you have any type of B12 def. then you will definitely feel it.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  20. Doctor Science
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.01%

Lake you could be a lawyer. You shepardize really well. (i.e. cite the latest most up to date legal precedent).

I have access to the full Pharmacological Research journal but the abstract you dug up is ahead of publication.

I appreciate you giving me the easy answer on this one. Wow that is pretty definitive. Actually IF we can extrapolate from the study there was no increase in bioavailability up to the equivalent of 4 grams dosing for an 80 kilo man.

This may explain why the 2006 study showed health benefits in aged mice but no extended life span (they couldn't get resveratrol levels high enough).

Now I see why you are so excited about your "baby". Your potential market is huge...way beyond the bodybuilding community.

Make sure you file a patent application that also includes you not just IBE.

Thanks again bro... you saved me a bunch of time.
    Not a problem man, I try to keep an eye on most of the popular journals and find the pertinent ones. Over the last few years I have become very efficient at searching too . Yeah we really think this has HUGE potential we just need to find the right way to market it to the general public. I don't see a lot of bodybuilders spending >$45-50 on a health supplement. Most of them are young and don't understand the importance of health. Heck I'll admit that I didn't.
  21. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.26%

Make sure you file a patent application that also includes you not just IBE....

I could not agree more, DB. I saw the following in the Life Extension Magazine. You probably have seen it, too:

GlaxoSmithKline Invests in Resveratrol Research

For years Life Extension magazine has been reporting on the multiple health benefits of resveratrol. We have urged members to incorporate this vital nutrient into their personal life-extension program. Now, pharmaceutical companies see the financial potential of creating a prescription drug from resveratrol compounds in order to treat age-related disease. Recently, pharmaceutical giant GlaxoSmithKline announced that it would acquire all outstanding shares of Sirtris Pharmaceuticals for $720 million in order to cash in on the life-extending promise of resveratrol-based compounds.1

Found in red grapes and wine, resveratrol has been credited with extending life span in a variety of organisms.2,3 Resveratrol mimics the life-extending properties of caloric restriction by activating enzymes called sirtuins, which influence a variety of aging-related metabolic functions.

Sirtris was founded in 2004 after Dr. David Sinclair of Harvard Medical School began publishing findings regarding resveratrolís remarkable potential benefits.2 Sirtrisí stated goal is to discover and develop small molecules with anti-aging potential, and its research efforts have largely focused on enhancing the potency of resveratrol-based compounds.

GlaxoSmithKline evidently hopes to modify the resveratrol molecule to further bolster its bioavailability and effects. Such a modification would also allow the drug company to patent the new molecule and market it exclusively.

óDale Kiefer

Reference

1. Available at: http://www.gsk.com/media/pressreleas...ease_10038.htm. Accessed April 30, 2008.
    2. Howitz KT, Bitterman KJ, Cohen HY, et al. Small molecule activators of sirtuins extend Saccharomyces cerevisiae lifespan. Nature. 2003 Sep 11;425(6954):191-6.
    3. Baur JA, Pearson KJ, Price NL, et al. Resveratrol improves health and survival of mice on a high-calorie diet. Nature. 2006 Nov 16;444(7117):337-42.
  22. Doctor Science
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.01%

I could not agree more, DB. I saw the following in the Life Extension Magazine. You probably have seen it, too:

GlaxoSmithKline Invests in Resveratrol Research

For years Life Extension magazine has been reporting on the multiple health benefits of resveratrol. We have urged members to incorporate this vital nutrient into their personal life-extension program. Now, pharmaceutical companies see the financial potential of creating a prescription drug from resveratrol compounds in order to treat age-related disease. Recently, pharmaceutical giant GlaxoSmithKline announced that it would acquire all outstanding shares of Sirtris Pharmaceuticals for $720 million in order to cash in on the life-extending promise of resveratrol-based compounds.1

Found in red grapes and wine, resveratrol has been credited with extending life span in a variety of organisms.2,3 Resveratrol mimics the life-extending properties of caloric restriction by activating enzymes called sirtuins, which influence a variety of aging-related metabolic functions.

Sirtris was founded in 2004 after Dr. David Sinclair of Harvard Medical School began publishing findings regarding resveratrolís remarkable potential benefits.2 Sirtrisí stated goal is to discover and develop small molecules with anti-aging potential, and its research efforts have largely focused on enhancing the potency of resveratrol-based compounds.

GlaxoSmithKline evidently hopes to modify the resveratrol molecule to further bolster its bioavailability and effects. Such a modification would also allow the drug company to patent the new molecule and market it exclusively.

óDale Kiefer

Reference

1. Available at: http://www.gsk.com/media/pressreleas...ease_10038.htm. Accessed April 30, 2008.
    2. Howitz KT, Bitterman KJ, Cohen HY, et al. Small molecule activators of sirtuins extend Saccharomyces cerevisiae lifespan. Nature. 2003 Sep 11;425(6954):191-6.
    3. Baur JA, Pearson KJ, Price NL, et al. Resveratrol improves health and survival of mice on a high-calorie diet. Nature. 2006 Nov 16;444(7117):337-42.

This is why when Fitnecise over at bb.com starts bashing Resveratrol and how it won't amount to anything etc etc etc. I just sit back and smile, because big pharma doesn't get involved unless there is potential.
  23. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.26%

... big pharma doesn't get involved unless there is potential.
    Yep! Depending on the relative superiority of IBE Reverse/Triacetylated Resveratrol, GlaxoSmithKline might just consider making IBE a nice acquisition offer!
  24. Doctor Science
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.01%

Yep! Depending on the relative superiority of IBE Reverse/Triacetylated Resveratrol, GlaxoSmithKline might just consider making IBE a nice acquisition offer!
    Hahaha riiiiight, somehow I see that one getting messy ;-). "Give us your company or we will decimate you!" lol
  25. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.55%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Hahaha riiiiight, somehow I see that one getting messy ;-). "Give us your company or we will decimate you!" lol
    OR have the right "plugged in" white-shoes law firm represent you and "the boys" may let you have a taste.
  26. Doctor Science
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.01%

OR have the right "plugged in" white-shoes law firm represent you and "the boys" may let you have a taste.
    Yeah, we put a patent on it, but I have a feeling they will get around it somehow on the basis of research. Bottom line is they can do it much more easily with the cash flow that they have.
  27. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.32%

Very Quiet here today!

Yeah, we put a patent on it, but I have a feeling they will get around it somehow on the basis of research. Bottom line is they can do it much more easily with the cash flow that they have.
    Is this the calm before the Grand Announcement "Reverse is finally here"?
  28. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.32%

Any news??

Is there any news on Reverse? It's the end of July.
  29. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.21%

exercise in a pill, and reservatol is mentioned as well!
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/01/sc...=1&oref=slogin
  30. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.32%

Any Updates??

Please .......... any updates?
  31. Doctor Science
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.01%

As always we are just waiting on one last company to finish up what they are doing so we can move forward. We already have the ingredients so there is no problem there. I will get some testers this week .
  32. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.44%

As always we are just waiting on one last company to finish up what they are doing so we can move forward. We already have the ingredients so there is no problem there. I will get some testers this week .
    I am salivating....
  33. Doctor Science
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.01%

Quote Originally Posted by mrchristian View Post
    I am salivating....
    LoL as am I. It has been a nightmare trying to get everything together. When you are trying to coordinate 4-5 different businesses it is always tough.
  34. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.21%

LoL as am I. It has been a nightmare trying to get everything together. When you are trying to coordinate 4-5 different businesses it is always tough.
    would love to test for ya if I could. I am already spreading the news and the website amoung folks at work. folks here always ask me for supplement advice.
    I can also maybe swing some folks to check it out at AlinBoard for ya since I am a respected member there.
  35. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.32%

Reverse!!

No news! That's scary. Makes me wonder if Glaxo Smithkline is indeed trying to do a hostile take-over of IBE.

That aside, when will Reverse be available to us?
  36. Doctor Science
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.01%

Quote Originally Posted by rykkk View Post
    No news! That's scary. Makes me wonder if Glaxo Smithkline is indeed trying to do a hostile take-over of IBE.

That aside, when will Reverse be available to us?
    I posted a new thread in the IBE forum here! Pre-orders are ready to go. They are actually moving very quickly and there are limited quantities so if you want to secure yours I suggest you do it soon
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.28%

Interesting read about reservatrol on this link

http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocente...dex.html#intro
  38. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.32%

Thanks!!

I posted a new thread in the IBE forum here! Pre-orders are ready to go. They are actually moving very quickly and there are limited quantities so if you want to secure yours I suggest you do it soon
    Thanks for update -- I placed my order .....I'm all psyched!!

Just a few questions: 1) How many capsules per bottle? 2) What quantity of Triacetylated Resveratrol per capsule? and 3) Can I expect to receive this within a week's time as I leave for vacation in just over a week?
  39. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.01%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Pardon the ignorance but isnt this similar to how CLA works?

(via PPAR-deta expression)

""Dr. Evans and his team found that the PPAR-delta protein remodeled the muscle, producing more of the high-endurance Type 1 fiber. They genetically engineered a strain of mice whose muscles produced extra amounts of PPAR-delta. These mice grew more Type 1 fibers and could run twice as far as on a treadmill as ordinary mice before collapsing.

Given that people cannot be engineered in this way, Dr. Evans wondered whether levels of the PPAR-delta protein could be raised by drugs. Pharmaceutical companies have long tried to manipulate PPAR-delta because of its role in fat metabolism, and Dr. Evans found several drugs were available, although they had been tested for different purposes.
    """

Quote Originally Posted by corsaking View Post
    Interesting read about reservatrol on this link

Linus Pauling Institute at Oregon State University
  40. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.01%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

???