SAN Infusion in PACKETS? It's coming, and we want YOU to try it!

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

  1. Ok i just tried out my pack. Choco PB. Doesn't quite taste like Choc PB, but close. I wouldn't call it tasty but easily drinkable. I think I got too used to those fruitty flavors from AEN

    It mixes very well!

    I'll be looking out for your products when I buy protein again


  2. Quote Originally Posted by dlew308 View Post
    Ok i just tried out my pack. Choco PB. Doesn't quite taste like Choc PB, but close. I wouldn't call it tasty but easily drinkable. I think I got too used to those fruitty flavors from AEN

    It mixes very well!

    I'll be looking out for your products when I buy protein again
    Very cool. With the ingredients that are actually in there, getting the mixability is actually not too easily. You may have also noticed that it is a bit gritty. That is largely due to the flax and oatmeal content (and some contribution from the M. casein). The creamer smooths it out surpringly well - compared to what it could be, much of the grittiness is flat out gone.

    As for the taste, I actually kind of agree. It's not unpleasant at all (well, to me) but I don't know if I'd describe it as chocolate PB if I wasn't told. If you like more fruity flavors, you'd probably like the wildberry yogurt (wildberry + chocolate protein = oh my god). Characteristically, the flavor popularity has actually gone (greatest to least): Cinnamon Oatmeal, Wildberry Yogurt, Vanilla Caramel (my favorite), and then Chocolate PB. That's more based on my observations over the last year and a bit from all the questions/comments than hard fact though. Look at it this way - chances are you're just going to keep going up with the other flavors .
    •   
       


  3. email sent

  4. So I tried my sample tonite (choc/peanutbutter) I'd give it an 8/10 overall. I mixed mine with fat free milk and while most of it did dissolve pretty well, there were still several chunks after a rigorous shaking. The taste was pretty decent for a protein mix, there was a definite chocolate/peanutbutter taste and its fairly similar to the real stuff. The texture was pretty grainy, but lets face it, its a protein mix. Anyways, thanks for the sample, and good work guys - definitely a future supplement for my supp cabinet.

  5. I tried my Sample yesterday. The mixability is great. The taste is ok, but not great. Chocolate PB flavor. I mixed it with milk. It seems there is something elese in the product over powering the pb flavor, maybe one of the oils in there. Great ingredient list but the flavor must be improved.
    •   
       

  6. Thumbs up


    Received mine yesterday and today took it post workout with a little milk and some crushed ice. Mixed in the blender, so there were no issues there. Taste wasn't overpowering, which I like. Solid, thanks for the sample!

  7. I received my sample today tiny. I will be trying it out on monday, and then posting my review thereafter. Thanks for the sample buddy.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  8. I tried my sample today. I did cheat however.

    I use a packet of the chocolate peanut butter and mixed it with a scoop of banana flavored syntha 6 from my store. Incredible! Tomorrow I'll try the other packet by itself.

    10, f*ckin 10!!!
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!

  9. Got my sample, choco-peanut. Mixed great, consistancy was thick-ish. Taste initially took me aback, as it's not sweet, but about halfway through I started to really enjoy the natural non-sweet flavor. It tastes like it's made of food, not engineered in a lab.

    I like it!

  10. just got it. will be trying it out tomorrow.

  11. One thing I forgot to mention is the consistancy when mixed with 16 oz of milk is great. A lot of protein has a watery consistancy and could not be described as a "shake", more of a protein drink. This stuff has an excellent "shake" like consistancy.

  12. Received my sample yesterday
    Mixed withe 8 oz. milk mixed very well, consistency was thick and creamy not gritty @ all. Taste was good not over bearing I could really taste the oats more than anything, very good over all taste, texture consistency given the ingredient profile. Thanks Tiny and SAN

  13. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    One thing I forgot to mention is the consistancy when mixed with 16 oz of milk is great. A lot of protein has a watery consistancy and could not be described as a "shake", more of a protein drink. This stuff has an excellent "shake" like consistancy.
    Its the xanthan gum that gives drinks the thickness

  14. i just tried my chocolate PB. the mixability wasnt very good to say the least. it was really clumpy towards the top. the flavor was bland. you could distinguish the chocolate flavor, peanut butter seemed somewhat masked, but it was overall bland.

  15. Hurleyboy05, the gritty texture is smoothed out a lot actually - but much of what you're getting is from the oatmeal, flax, and even to an extent the micellear casein. When you use ingredients like these, some gritty texture is an inevitability.

    T-Bone, you may want to look into one of the other flavors in the meantime. A few people have not liked the chocolate PB flavor so far, but I'm not sure what would be overpowering the PB. The taste seems to vary depending on the mixing medium - in water it is more peanut butter, in milk more chocolate.

    edvanp, glad to hear you liked it

    Necroticism, what were you using to mix? I've been consuming this stuff for 2 years now... I really don't have much success with spoon/glass, but it's fine with a shaker/blender (as it seems to be for most so far). The taste - well, flavoring is tricky. Use too little and people don't like the flavor, use too much and people like the flavor but don't want the price . It's a decent flavoring for the ingredient listing - but if you don't like it, cinnamon oatmeal or wildberry yogurt is probably more up your alley.

    Sorry guys, I haven't had much time to be around this weekend. I've got a few projects that are keeping me busy all day.

  16. i got mine and will try it in a few mins, just about finish working out

    btw the FROM address is sooooo close to my parents house, we exit rose ave on 101 :P

  17. hmm yeah i must have mixed in too much water, i tasted a little chocolate only and non if any of the PB. but doesnt matter as much as the contents which looks pretty good.

    maybe i can have another and try it with milk. hahahha

  18. I got mine over the weekend. Now that the Arnold is over i will have a chance to try it. I'll let you know!

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Man View Post
    Hurleyboy05, the gritty texture is smoothed out a lot actually - but much of what you're getting is from the oatmeal, flax, and even to an extent the micellear casein. When you use ingredients like these, some gritty texture is an inevitability.

    T-Bone, you may want to look into one of the other flavors in the meantime. A few people have not liked the chocolate PB flavor so far, but I'm not sure what would be overpowering the PB. The taste seems to vary depending on the mixing medium - in water it is more peanut butter, in milk more chocolate.

    edvanp, glad to hear you liked it

    Necroticism, what were you using to mix? I've been consuming this stuff for 2 years now... I really don't have much success with spoon/glass, but it's fine with a shaker/blender (as it seems to be for most so far). The taste - well, flavoring is tricky. Use too little and people don't like the flavor, use too much and people like the flavor but don't want the price . It's a decent flavoring for the ingredient listing - but if you don't like it, cinnamon oatmeal or wildberry yogurt is probably more up your alley.

    Sorry guys, I haven't had much time to be around this weekend. I've got a few projects that are keeping me busy all day.

    im going to give some of the others a shot. ill admit i did use spoon and cup, which doesnt work well for most proteins, im used to regular eas chocolate though, which mixes quite easily in this. ill pick some of this up in the future trying some other flavors out to see how i like those though. the bland taste may be because i added extra water because of the clumping.

  20. Just got mine and tried it.
    Very tasty, Had to mix,let sit, stir, let sit, stir, Then it was all mixed. took about five minutes. Probably would have been easier in a blender bottle. I really liked it and would purchase it.
    I got the chocolate peanut butter. Not so much peanut butter but still yummy. I give it two thumbs up.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Necroticism View Post
    im going to give some of the others a shot. ill admit i did use spoon and cup, which doesnt work well for most proteins, im used to regular eas chocolate though, which mixes quite easily in this. ill pick some of this up in the future trying some other flavors out to see how i like those though. the bland taste may be because i added extra water because of the clumping.
    To be honest, a shaker bottle or blender is really going to be your bet for this product. Mixing a whey protein and mixing casein alone can be two different beasts, quite frankly - and then there's the rest of it. It sounds good - I'm glad that you're not getting totally offput because of one flavor (to be honest, I think some people have been putting too much of their decision into just the flavor). If you like sweet vanillas, vanilla caramel is good, otherwise you might get a bit sick of it. Cinnamon oatmeal has always been the fallback favorite, and wildberry following up on cinnamon.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Big BAMA View Post
    Just got mine and tried it.
    Very tasty, Had to mix,let sit, stir, let sit, stir, Then it was all mixed. took about five minutes. Probably would have been easier in a blender bottle. I really liked it and would purchase it.
    I got the chocolate peanut butter. Not so much peanut butter but still yummy. I give it two thumbs up.
    Definitely a blender bottle or other shaker in this case. The profile just isn't going to allow for the greatest of mixability out there. I use a turbo shaker on it, and with just a few shakes I'm ready. Glad to hear you like it - I'm not sure if you did it in milk or water, but what I've been finding is people who mix in water tend to taste more peanut butter, people who mix in milk tend to taste more chocolate; it's kind of odd in that way.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Man View Post
    Definitely a blender bottle or other shaker in this case. The profile just isn't going to allow for the greatest of mixability out there. I use a turbo shaker on it, and with just a few shakes I'm ready. Glad to hear you like it - I'm not sure if you did it in milk or water, but what I've been finding is people who mix in water tend to taste more peanut butter, people who mix in milk tend to taste more chocolate; it's kind of odd in that way.
    In that case when and if i get mine im using 50/50 milk and water

  24. Quote Originally Posted by harlan100 View Post
    In that case when and if i get mine im using 50/50 milk and water
    I encourage you to use whatever medium you normally would mix your shake in, had you simply bought a tub of this off the shelf. That is - if you make your shakes mostly in milk, use milk (if you do a 50/50 normally, do that). There's no guarantee that a 50/50 would balance out the taste - but I have never tried it myself.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Man View Post
    Hurleyboy05, the gritty texture is smoothed out a lot actually - but much of what you're getting is from the oatmeal, flax, and even to an extent the micellear casein. When you use ingredients like these, some gritty texture is an inevitability.
    It's cool man, and like I said, I plan on purchasing this when it's time for some more protein. You guys did a great job overall with ingredients/mixability - Appreciate the hard work and free sample!

  26. Tiny, i tried my sample post workout today. I put it in about 12oz of milk. I thought it had a nice chocolate taste with a hint of peanut butter in there. I have a shaker bottle that i bought from NP, so it mixed pretty well overall. Honestly it tasted pretty good with a solid nutrient profile to go along with it. I'll definitely be picking up some of this in the future. Nice work!

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  27. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Tiny, i tried my sample post workout today. I put it in about 12oz of milk. I thought it had a nice chocolate taste with a hint of peanut butter in there. I have a shaker bottle that i bought from NP, so it mixed pretty well overall. Honestly it tasted pretty good with a solid nutrient profile to go along with it. I'll definitely be picking up some of this in the future. Nice work!
    You work out!!

  28. Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    You work out!!
    Lol...yeah the hiatus is over. T1 is back in full effect!!

    :good::clean:

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  29. Infusion is definitely my favorite powder and has been for about five yrs.

    even better than UP 2.0 both in taste and on paper (ingredients)

    Its by far the most expensive protein power/mrp I use and I feel the cost holds back many people from trying this out.

    (IMO chocoPB and wildberry are the two best flavors)
  30. Thumbs up My Review of Infusion


    First thank you Tiny Man I received my 2 samples Saturday.
    Today after my workout I put 2 packets with 16oz of milk in blender.It mixed right up and tastes great.The thing I like about Infusion is the Total Fat Content:
    Per Full Serving
    Flaxseed Powder-3grams
    MCT Powder-1.6grams
    CLA Calcium Salt-1.5grams
    Sunflower Oil-3grams.

    I will be purchasing a couple jugs Friday.
    CEL Rep
    [email protected] m
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-03-2008, 07:49 PM
  2. dhea and the best way to use it
    By king1033 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-19-2008, 10:04 PM
  3. Replies: 55
    Last Post: 02-08-2008, 11:29 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-22-2005, 12:33 AM
Log in
Log in