Avant Research introduces the SuperCarb Baking Contest!!

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hey y'all,

As most of you know, SuperCarb is probably the best overall source of carbohydrates out there. It's a suitable carb source for a variety of things, including bulking up, cutting down, carb loading for an athletic competition, and yep, even BAKING.

With the latter in mind, here's the deal-

We want you to create SuperCarb recipes that are tasty, innovative, and healthier than the "real" alternatives. Make SuperCarb brownies, SuperCarb cookies, SuperCarb jello, or whatever you think you can make work with SuperCarb. Hell, if you can pull off a SuperCarb pizza, do it.

Submit your SuperCarb recipes in this thread. You can submit only one recipe, so make sure it's your best one. You must state the step by step directions AND take pictures of the final product.

In addition, and this is VERY important, SuperCarb is your ONLY source of carbs for this contest, besides flour. Do NOT use any other carb source in your recipes, such as table sugar. You can also use zero calorie sweeteners to go along with SuperCarb.

Furthermore, if you submit the same recipe, ingredient for ingredient, as someone else, preference will be given to the original poster if it comes down to it. My advice- try not to submit the exact same thing as someone else.

Once everyone has created and submitted their recipes, we'll ask the public in a new thread to pick the top 3 most interesting recipes. Then, I'll take those top 3 recipes and recreate each one, using YOUR step by step directions (so make sure they're good). I'll then decide who the winner is via taste test.

The winner will receive $150 worth of free Avant Research supplements from us AND will gain a bit of notoriety by being mentioned in our SuperCarb Recipes blog(s) on our website in the future.

Oh, and if you've previously posted a SuperCarb recipe before, you can use it in this contest if you want to, as long as it meets the above qualifications.

Contest begins....

now!

Ask any questions you want.

jazzman21

Awards
  • Established
SO COOL!....how does a supercarb pumpkin pie sound :)

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Oh, and preference will be given to recipes using healthier flours.

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
Oh, my mom is totally going to pwn you guys.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
Can you clarify what you mean by "the only carb source".

Does that actually mean "THE ONLY CARB" source? Or did you mean there can't be any other sweeteners with carbs in them?

For instance, pumpkin pie would have other carbs from the pumpkin.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, it'd have a little bit of carbs from the pumpkin itself, but pumpkin isn't a "carb source", per say. It's more of a lower carb fruit, like strawberries.

And speaking of fruit, same deal- only low-carb, sliced whole fruits. No pie topping or filling, or anything like that.

The only "carb sources" allowed are flour and SuperCarb.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
so no oats, bananas, blueberries, milk, sweetened chocolate, etc ?

nelix

Awards
  • Established
This cooking thread got me thinking about Sesalean, probably my most missed Avant item.

Will we ever see it again?

Can I replace flour with oats/rice/whatever floured or otherwise? Low carb fruits like honey due, strawberries, blueberries? Dark Chocolate?

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Low-carb whole fruit (strawberries, blueberries, etc.) is fine.

Any kind of flour is fine.

SuperCarb.

That's what you've got to work with as far as "carb sources". ;)

Hopefully SesaLean will make a comeback, nelix.

nelix

Awards
  • Established
Low-carb whole fruit (strawberries, blueberries, etc.) is fine.

Any kind of flour is fine.

SuperCarb.

That's what you've got to work with as far as "carb sources". ;)

Hopefully SesaLean will make a comeback, nelix.
I am DIYing it with sesamin and coconut oil, but it's just not the same. Love your work Sir.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hmm if I already had some supercarb to work with, I bet I could come up with something good. How long will this run for?

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Probably at least a couple of months. Haven't really decided yet.

I want folks to be able to work on and perfect their recipes.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
oh then I definitely have time to order a container and work out some fun stuff.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I will have you all beat.

/I'm Betty ****ing Crocker, *****

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm considering trying to do meal replacement sweets, with the protein + good fats all in it. just waiting for my next np order, and i'll get a tub of supercarb. Like chocolate chip cookies with dried cranberries at 40/40/20. something along those lines

ugab37

ugab37

Applied Nutriceuticals Rep.
Awards
  • Established
Well, this probably wont work for the contest, but heres a little something I make.

Sweet Potato Chips
I slice one large sweet potato into very thin pieces.
I spray a cooking pan with butter flavored PAM.
I sprinkle supercarb all over the slices.
I cook the slices on medium heat until they are almost burned and sometimes I burn em to make em more crispy.
Take out of pan and eat for a nice source of complex carbs.

Healthy French Toast
I put 4 egg whites in a bowl.
I soak each of 4 pieces of Ezekiel bread in the egg whites.
I spray the pan with PAM.
I then spray all four pieces of bread with buttery spray(2 or 3 different brands, pick one).
I put a total of four servings of supercarb sprinkled over the bread.
Cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
Take off pan and eat.
You get some complete protein from both the ezekiel bread and egg whites and some good carbs from the SuperCarb.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Healthy French Toast
I then spray all four pieces of bread with buttery spray(2 or 3 different brands, pick one).
Take off pan and eat.
You get some complete protein from both the ezekiel bread and egg whites and some good carbs from the SuperCarb.
Even though it won't work for the contest, I GOTTA try that one sometime!

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well, this probably wont work for the contest, but heres a little something I make.

Sweet Potato Chips
I slice one large sweet potato into very thin pieces.
I spray a cooking pan with butter flavored PAM.
I sprinkle supercarb all over the slices.
I cook the slices on medium heat until they are almost burned and sometimes I burn em to make em more crispy.
Take out of pan and eat for a nice source of complex carbs.

Healthy French Toast
Take off pan and eat.
Both look great, but only the first one is suitable for the contest.

Besides, you can only submit one, anyway. ;)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so it doesn't need to be a traditional "baked goods" item so long as the cooking method is baking? :)

ugab37

ugab37

Applied Nutriceuticals Rep.
Awards
  • Established
anything you want!

...Ugab, Ugot pictures?
Nah, Im not worried about the contest, but Ill post some pics as soon as I make it again, so you guys can see how it looks.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ok guys, important announcement-

The deadline for recipes is Feb. 15.

After that, we'll pick finalists, then have the taste test.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
50 grams Supercard
500mcg LSD

Directions: Drop LSD, bake for 8 hours, sip on Supercarb during the whole trip to enhance the experience and prevent that burned out feeling the next day.

Rodzilla

Board Sponsor
Awards
50 grams Supercard
500mcg LSD

Directions: Drop LSD, bake for 8 hours, sip on Supercarb during the whole trip to enhance the experience and prevent that burned out feeling the next day.
ok who's testing this one?:ntome:

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was pouring over things I've made in the past when I realized I couldn't submit my killer strawberry-rhubarb crisp because the oatmeal topping is key, and even my apple crisp uses oats.

Alas, as I was sipping my tea and wishing it wasn't after my carb cutoff time so I could have a biscotti I realize, that's it! I'll post my favourite biscotti recipe, so here it goes. There are MANY variations that you can do, I'll try and post them all.

Twice-Baked Almond Biscotti

2 c. Flour
1 c. Supercarb
2 Tsp Baking powder
1/8 tsp Salt
1 Tsp Ground Cardamom (Optional)
3 Large Eggs
2 Tbsp Amaretto (Or use almond extract)
1 Tsp Vanilla
1 Tsp Anise Extract (Optional, I rarely do)
1 c. Whole Almond, Toasted then rough chopped

1. Mix the first 6 ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Mix the wet ingredients and together thouroughly.
3. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until combined.
4. Form the sticky dough into 1 or 2 logs on parchment paper on a baking sheet. Made logs about 10" long by 5" wide, or smaller to make 2 logs.
5. Bake until firm and dry, about 35 minutes at 300.
6. Remove and cool for 5 minutes.
7. Cut logs into 0.5" thick biscotti, then lay on their side on the sheet.
8. Bake for another 15 minutes, flip and then another 10 minutes until golden brown and crisp. Cool on a baking rack. Enjoy!

Substition Notes:
The flour can be any type. If using white flour, you only need 1 tsp. of baking powder like the original recipe called for, but I usually make it with 1/3 Spelt, Whole Wheat and Amaranth and these are denser and require more leavener. I always make two batches, one with white flour and the other healthy batch. Why? Because the white flour always tastes better! It just tastes like what a biscotti should, meanwhile the other forms I know are healthier but are denser and are never quite as good. Therefore have the white flour PWO as a treat if you must and the other ones throughout the day. Also, these are biscotti i.e. DIP THEM INTO SOMETHING HOT! Don't be like the people I give it to and try and eat them like a cookie, they're meant to be rock hard and perfectly tender when dipped!

Also the 3 eggs can easily be done using egg whites. Almonds are a must, you don't need to rough chop them that thoroughly if you like big almonds. Also doing half almonds and half pecans or hazelnuts works as well. I'll upload pics of some of these bad boys in a bit. This recipe makes about ~30 biscotti the way I cut them.

Here are pics of the biscotti, and also of the nutritional info (1st is using Splenda, 2nd is Supercarb. I calculated using 3 large eggs, egg whites will have less fat/more protein)

Last edited:

tattoopierced1

what about drink mixes with supercarb as the source carb?

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Nice one, Steve!

Yeah tattoo, if you want to do a drink, do it up.

tattoopierced1

Tattoo's Energy/Endurance Soda Replacement

30oz water
30g Xtend (I usually use orange flavor)
10g Beta Alanine
30g SuperCarb

Mix this up and refrigerate. Tastes like orange soda without the carbonation. Each oz of liquid contains 1g BCAAs, 1g carbs, .33g BA. Its refreshing, and good for you.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Nice. I still gotta try the orange flavor sometime.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ok guys, give me a day or two to compile the recipes into a new thread where everyone can vote on the top 2-3 finalists.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
I forgot to post my recipe. I made chocolate chip cookies. If its too late, no worries, but here it is anyways.

Start by making fudge:
2 c. supercarb
6 T. Cocoa powder
2 T butter
2/3 c milk
Pinch of salt
1 t. vanilla
Combine sugar, milk, butter, salt and cocoa powder. Bring mixture to boil, not stirring. Boil to soft ball stage (234-238°F). Add vanilla and cool without stirring to room temp. Beat mixture til creamy and thickening. Pour into well buttered pan. Cut in squares.

If you want nutty fudge, add 1/2 c chopped nut when you add the vanilla.

I used organic cocoa powder found here:
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Navitas-Naturals-Chocolate-Organic-16-Ounce/dp/B000P24HJ8/ref=pd_bxgy_gf_img_b?ie=UTF8&qid=1203435484&sr=1-12]Amazon.com: Navitas Naturals Raw Chocolate Powder, Organic, 16-Ounce Bags (Pack of 2): Grocery[/ame]

Once that has cooled, I broke half of it up into small crumbles and used them as the chocolate chips in my cookies.

Cookie recipe:
* 1 cup butter
* 1.5c supercarb
* 2 eggs
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 2 cups milk chocolate chips

number of stars

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter flavored shortening, supercarb, until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla .Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually stir into the creamed mixture. Finally, fold in the chocolate chips. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until light brown. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

I just adapted recipes I found. I have pictures of the cooking, but I'm at work right now...

kazkirk

Awards
I'm Johnyq's wife. I made a simple chocolate milk drink using the same cocoa powder above.

1 c. low carb milk
1 Tbsp supercarb
1 1Tbsp cocoa powder

comes out like a chocolate malt drink. Pretty tasty!

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It's not too late, but pics are required, y'all.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
Here is the fudge after I broke it up into pieces
\

here are the finished cookies

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
here are the finished cookies
I'm surprised there's any left still ;) My biscotti disappear fast, and if I don't make a regular white sugar batch my housemates (4 ladies, it's interesting to say the least lol) will eat my Supercarb biscotti and not know the difference. There is no taste difference at all :) WW Flour vs. White does make a difference.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Tattoo's Energy/Endurance Soda Replacement

30oz water
30g Xtend (I usually use orange flavor)
10g Beta Alanine
30g SuperCarb

Mix this up and refrigerate. Tastes like orange soda without the carbonation. Each oz of liquid contains 1g BCAAs, 1g carbs, .33g BA. Its refreshing, and good for you.
Good stuff. :cheers:

But keep in mind that glutamine will degrade to pyroglutamine fairly quickly when exposed to moisture. Just something to keep in mind for when you're pre-mixing Xtend, ICE, etc.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

But keep in mind that glutamine will degrade to pyroglutamine fairly quickly when exposed to moisture. Just something to keep in mind for when you're pre-mixing Xtend, ICE, etc.
Good to know.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established

great post

rep 1