Avant Research introduces the SuperCarb Baking Contest!!

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. tattoopierced1

what about drink mixes with supercarb as the source carb?

2. Nice one, Steve!

Yeah tattoo, if you want to do a drink, do it up.
    •   

3. tattoopierced1

Tattoo's Energy/Endurance Soda Replacement

30oz water
    30g Xtend (I usually use orange flavor)
    10g Beta Alanine
    30g SuperCarb

Mix this up and refrigerate. Tastes like orange soda without the carbonation. Each oz of liquid contains 1g BCAAs, 1g carbs, .33g BA. Its refreshing, and good for you.

4. Nice. I still gotta try the orange flavor sometime.

5. Ok guys, give me a day or two to compile the recipes into a new thread where everyone can vote on the top 2-3 finalists.

6. I forgot to post my recipe. I made chocolate chip cookies. If its too late, no worries, but here it is anyways.

Start by making fudge:
    2 c. supercarb
    6 T. Cocoa powder
    2 T butter
    2/3 c milk
    Pinch of salt
    1 t. vanilla
    Combine sugar, milk, butter, salt and cocoa powder. Bring mixture to boil, not stirring. Boil to soft ball stage (234-238F). Add vanilla and cool without stirring to room temp. Beat mixture til creamy and thickening. Pour into well buttered pan. Cut in squares.

If you want nutty fudge, add 1/2 c chopped nut when you add the vanilla.

I used organic cocoa powder found here:
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Navitas-Naturals-Chocolate-Organic-16-Ounce/dp/B000P24HJ8/ref=pd_bxgy_gf_img_b?ie=UTF8&q id=1203435484&sr=1-12]Amazon.com: Navitas Naturals Raw Chocolate Powder, Organic, 16-Ounce Bags (Pack of 2): Grocery[/ame]

Once that has cooled, I broke half of it up into small crumbles and used them as the chocolate chips in my cookies.

Cookie recipe:
    * 1 cup butter
    * 1.5c supercarb
    * 2 eggs
    * 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    * 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
    * 1 teaspoon baking soda
    * 1 teaspoon salt
    * 2 cups milk chocolate chips

number of stars

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
    2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter flavored shortening, supercarb, until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla .Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually stir into the creamed mixture. Finally, fold in the chocolate chips. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
    3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until light brown. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

I just adapted recipes I found. I have pictures of the cooking, but I'm at work right now...

7. I'm Johnyq's wife. I made a simple chocolate milk drink using the same cocoa powder above.

1 c. low carb milk
    1 Tbsp supercarb
    1 1Tbsp cocoa powder

comes out like a chocolate malt drink. Pretty tasty!

8. It's not too late, but pics are required, y'all.

9. Here is the fudge after I broke it up into pieces
    \

here are the finished cookies

10. Quote Originally Posted by johnyq View Post
    here are the finished cookies
    I'm surprised there's any left still My biscotti disappear fast, and if I don't make a regular white sugar batch my housemates (4 ladies, it's interesting to say the least lol) will eat my Supercarb biscotti and not know the difference. There is no taste difference at all WW Flour vs. White does make a difference.
    •   

11. Quote Originally Posted by tattoopierced1 View Post
    Tattoo's Energy/Endurance Soda Replacement

30oz water
    30g Xtend (I usually use orange flavor)
    10g Beta Alanine
    30g SuperCarb

Mix this up and refrigerate. Tastes like orange soda without the carbonation. Each oz of liquid contains 1g BCAAs, 1g carbs, .33g BA. Its refreshing, and good for you.
    Good stuff.

But keep in mind that glutamine will degrade to pyroglutamine fairly quickly when exposed to moisture. Just something to keep in mind for when you're pre-mixing Xtend, ICE, etc.
    MOTIV8 II Challenge
    -=The Big Squirrel Nut Swingers=-

12. Quote Originally Posted by Aeternitatis View Post
    Good stuff.

But keep in mind that glutamine will degrade to pyroglutamine fairly quickly when exposed to moisture. Just something to keep in mind for when you're pre-mixing Xtend, ICE, etc.
    Good to know.

13. Quote Originally Posted by Rodzilla View Post
    rumor has it somebody is perfecting a brownie

Ripped used to make one hell of a brownie

14. Quote Originally Posted by Aeternitatis View Post
    Good stuff.

great post

rep 1

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 107
    Last Post: 11-01-2007, 09:13 PM
  2. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 10-16-2007, 11:22 PM