Avant Research introduces the SuperCarb Baking Contest!!
- 01-22-2008, 08:52 AM
- 01-22-2008, 11:15 AM
01-22-2008, 11:51 AM
Tattoo's Energy/Endurance Soda Replacement
30g Xtend (I usually use orange flavor)
10g Beta Alanine
Mix this up and refrigerate. Tastes like orange soda without the carbonation. Each oz of liquid contains 1g BCAAs, 1g carbs, .33g BA. Its refreshing, and good for you.
01-22-2008, 11:54 AM
02-19-2008, 10:26 AM
Ok guys, give me a day or two to compile the recipes into a new thread where everyone can vote on the top 2-3 finalists.
02-19-2008, 10:41 AM
I forgot to post my recipe. I made chocolate chip cookies. If its too late, no worries, but here it is anyways.
Start by making fudge:
2 c. supercarb
6 T. Cocoa powder
2 T butter
2/3 c milk
Pinch of salt
1 t. vanilla
Combine sugar, milk, butter, salt and cocoa powder. Bring mixture to boil, not stirring. Boil to soft ball stage (234-238°F). Add vanilla and cool without stirring to room temp. Beat mixture til creamy and thickening. Pour into well buttered pan. Cut in squares.
If you want nutty fudge, add 1/2 c chopped nut when you add the vanilla.
I used organic cocoa powder found here:
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Navitas-Naturals-Chocolate-Organic-16-Ounce/dp/B000P24HJ8/ref=pd_bxgy_gf_img_b?ie=UTF8&q id=1203435484&sr=1-12]Amazon.com: Navitas Naturals Raw Chocolate Powder, Organic, 16-Ounce Bags (Pack of 2): Grocery[/ame]
Once that has cooled, I broke half of it up into small crumbles and used them as the chocolate chips in my cookies.
* 1 cup butter
* 1.5c supercarb
* 2 eggs
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 2 cups milk chocolate chips
number of stars
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter flavored shortening, supercarb, until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla .Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually stir into the creamed mixture. Finally, fold in the chocolate chips. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until light brown. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
I just adapted recipes I found. I have pictures of the cooking, but I'm at work right now...
02-19-2008, 10:46 AM
I'm Johnyq's wife. I made a simple chocolate milk drink using the same cocoa powder above.
1 c. low carb milk
1 Tbsp supercarb
1 1Tbsp cocoa powder
comes out like a chocolate malt drink. Pretty tasty!
02-19-2008, 11:17 AM
02-19-2008, 01:34 PM
02-19-2008, 07:16 PM
02-26-2008, 05:41 PM
02-26-2008, 07:47 PM
02-26-2008, 08:14 PM
02-26-2008, 08:16 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By Sir Savage in forum NutraplanetReplies: 107Last Post: 11-01-2007, 08:13 PM
- By Sir Savage in forum SupplementsReplies: 32Last Post: 10-16-2007, 10:22 PM