View Poll Results: Who made the Best Change according to their goals?

Voters
40. This poll is closed
  • Peterson24

2 5.00%
  • McBurly

0 0%
  • PSBigJoey

18 45.00%
  • Basso

9 22.50%
  • Mass69

1 2.50%
  • Tattoopierced1

10 25.00%

Come one, come ALL and vote! Body Transformation Contest!!!

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Contest ended
    In the other thread they stated what they were aiming for
    Closes 2pm on Sept. 16

2. Quote Originally Posted by TINYTOAD
    BF numbers would be a good start.
    Total mass and lean mass before...
    Total mass and lean mass after...
    It's a nice thought, TT, but since we're spread all over the place and body fat measurement is so variable (calipers? electronic calipers? Tanita scale? BioAnalogics? BodPod? Hydrostatic weighing?) it doesn't seem practical.

I use BioAnalogics, but more for trending than an absolute number. When I use it to calculate BMR, it's just a starting value and the caloric intake still needs tweaking.
    •   

3. Thanks Jay.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    Contest ended
    In the other thread they stated what they were aiming for
    Closes 2pm on Sept. 16

4. PSBJ,

Those all sound like perfectly valid ways to measure bodyfat, except for the Tanita scales, which can give grossly inaccurate readings for people with athletic builds.

Yes, the absolute numbers could be shifted, depending upon the method used, but in general, if the measurements are taken carefully, the numbers will be meaningful.

-TT

P.S. Would it be a valid point to say that since the photographs were all taken by different cameras, and under different lighting conditions, that they are meaningless?

Quote Originally Posted by PSBigJoey
    It's a nice thought, TT, but since we're spread all over the place and body fat measurement is so variable (calipers? electronic calipers? Tanita scale? BioAnalogics? BodPod? Hydrostatic weighing?) it doesn't seem practical.

I use BioAnalogics, but more for trending than an absolute number. When I use it to calculate BMR, it's just a starting value and the caloric intake still needs tweaking.

5. According to the polls.

1st Joey
    2nd Tattoo
    3rd Basso

I'm waiting on the judge feedback before announcing prizes and winners!! Thank guys for voting and special thanks for those who participated in my first contest. Top notch guys, thank you!

Remember the prizes would not be here is it wasn't for

Crowler at Anabolicinnovation.com
    Anaboliminds.com and the E-Store
    yeahright and his point donation of 500 points
    Idunk42 of SeriousNutritionSolutions and his point donation of 300 points
    Mulletsoldier and his point donation of 700 points
    •   

6. Great job guys!
  7. Pictures, Fairness, Support, Gratitude....and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by TINYTOAD
    P.S. Would it be a valid point to say that since the photographs were all taken by different cameras, and under different lighting conditions, that they are meaningless?
    There are a couple of trainers at our gym whose ad pics are amazing looking - but the men themselves are not quite so amazing...

I saw a study recently on body composition measurement by different methods and by trained and untrained operators - the values were all over the map.

When it comes right down to it, it's damn difficult to compare physiques remotely. It's sometimes a struggle in prejudging at contests when people are side by side under the lights.

In the case of this mini-contest, I do wish we'd all had photos of equal quality, it would have been fairer, and I suspect the polling would have been spread a lot more evenly. Maybe the practiced eyes of the judges (whom I do not know) will be able to filter out the confusion of the photos -- and maybe a future contest will give sample photos and suggest that the contestants match them to the best of their ability.

But however it comes out, it gave us all an added measure of focus for the 8 weeks, and everyone in the thing seemed to profit by it to some extent. The comments posted were pretty positive and encouraging for everyone, and that kind of thing is really helpful.

Competitive bodybuilding is a pretty ruthless sport. The judges and the audience don't care if you tore your rotator, lost your dog or had your truck stolen. They only care about how you look onstage. And don't look to your fellow competitors for support and encouragement, either (in many cases, at least). So boards like these and the helpful guys that lead them and support them are really invaluable - especially to those of us who are planning on putting our heads on the chopping block for the first time real soon.

OK - so I drifted off the topic a bit...

I'm thankful there are boards like this and guys like Jayhawk who take the trouble to pump us up and help us stay motivated. And while the process can probably be improved, as most can be, you have to start with something.

Now it seems like I've said probably about 500 words too much - so I'll be REAL QUIET for a while. Thanks for reading.

J.

8. Good point Joey.

9. Wow did you see the way Tattoo stretched his neck out and nipped me at the line, dang I should have seen that coming! Good job all and good luck, my only hope now, is that the judges will see the "Truth"
  10. tattoopierced1

you did a fantastic job Basso, but I had to stretch at the end, seeing as I made a comeback from my now bionic arm...

11. In the most heterosexual way, you guys all look great, I was really impressed. I didnt get to vote, but it was too close to call anyway.
  12. Body Transformation Contest Results!!!!!!

Guys this was really hard and i'm glad I wasn't a judge. However, due to the close call and advice from the judges i've decide to reward everyone with a prize.

Peterson24
    McBurly
    PSBigJoey
    Basso
    Mass69
    Tattoopierced1

1st: Tatoopierced one ---1st Basso
    1st: PSBigJoey ---1st McBurly
    1st: Mass69 ---1st:Peterson24
    Honorable Mention: All of ya!

Here's the deal guys. Everyone had their own opinion including the polls. Several were really close and a simple pose could of been the difference. In my eyes, I wanted this to be motivation to make a change and I think that goal was met.

I have a buttload of prizes so here we go...

Crowler's Gifts from Anabolicinnovations.com
    Please make sure you guys stop by his forum and just give thanks. He did this without being asked.

PSBigJoey $100 worth of products at Anabolic Innovations EXCEPT for the Whey protein Blend as the markup is tiny.

Basso $50 same as above

Tattoopierced1 $25 same as above.

next on to gifts brought to you by the E-Store

Basso 2lb ATW Chocolate whey protein
    McBurly 2lb ATW Chocolate whey protein
    Peterson24 2lb ATW Chocolate whey protein

Tattoopierced1 50 Dollar Gift Certificate for Nutraplanet.com

Mass69 50 Dollar Gift Certificate for Nutraplanet.com

Peterson24: CVM Extreme - Pink Lemonade
    McBurly: Scivation Sesamin
    Last edited by Jayhawkk; 09-17-2006 at 12:02 AM.

13. I'm providing gold membership for a year for...PSBigJoey. This was my personal selection.

Please email using my profile to look up my email addy with your shipping information. All of the winners need to do this please.

Thanks again ya'll for helping with this...If anyone notices any screw ups let me know. I'm half drugged right now from my broken wisdom tooth and it's late so please bare with me :P

14. Geat results Jay! Everyone deserved to win and we all did! I have no idea how to read those results though

15. Everyone made 1st place :P I screwed it up originally though.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. CLOMID CYCLE: Come one come all
    By Red Fox in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 06-07-2013, 10:22 PM
  2. For Sale: Swole Stack and Ultimate Body Transformation Stack (Muscle Builders)
    By A_I_Sports_Nutrition in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-06-2011, 08:59 AM
  3. Come one come all
    By Young Gotti in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-16-2010, 12:46 PM
  4. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-08-2008, 12:40 PM
  5. ENDO's, come one, come all.
    By Socrates44 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5