PEScience Prolific Giveaway & Reviews!

Page 6 of 7 First ... 4567 Last

1. Taste-3/5 In my opinion it had a very strong taste(raspberry lemonade) that I am not super fond of, but it isn't bad and would not deter me from buying. It tasted just like alphamine which I have bought multiple times.

Mixes fine so just 5/5 that

Pump 3/5 I got some above average blood flow from some of my accessories, but it wasn't to the level of like High Volume which is 5/5 to me. I am a citrulline fan so I expected this.

Energy/feel/focus 5/5
    I really had a good feeling all workout(and I woke up at 545am today). I was alert, focused, and just overall really feeling zoned in to my workout. It was very clean feel.

Keep in mind please this is off of one use.

Based off of the feel aspect alone I will be buying this in the future to get more tries out of it. For people like me who like more than just caffeine for energy focus, but do not want to go crazy with the new age high stim stuff I would definitely recommended trying this. Plus with 6g cit it's a win win.

Being that it was just one use I don't feel I can get more in depth, but I appreciate the samples, and you got someone who liked the samples enough that he will go buy.

Thanks again guys.
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

2. Update: Used the sample packet today. I used one, my wife used the second. Effects were unchanged, flavor was not as good as Mango. Raspberry Lemonade is a good flavor, but Mango definitely tops it for me. I prefer more of a tart flavor in a lemonade, and the RL was a little sweet for my liking.

Also, Boone, I'm surprised it wore off so quickly for you. I think my back day was close to 90 minutes all told (95 after dosing or so), and I still noticed the focus when typing my review up after I finished.
    •   

3. Saturday

DB Curl 4 sets
    BB curl 4 sets
    Preacher curl machine 4 sets
    Cable skull crushers 4 sets
    Rope extensions 4 sets
    Dip machine 4 sets

So I had planned on going light one last time before getting back into the groove on Monday. But I got some samples to review and I'm not the type that wants to go 50% when reviewing a product and possibly give an inaccurate review. So I did my workout like it wasn't a deload type week and had a fairly good workout. I'll touch on some of the aspects of the workout during the review. As I've mentioned it's become a goal to really do some work at the end of my session for more stretching or work to improve posture/pain prevention. I whipped out some YTI's on Saturday because my neck was super tight and after I was done with a few sets and some face pulls the neck cracked like crazy. I went and got a massage later in the day too which hopefully helps moving forward.

onto the review:

PES Prolific- Rasberry Lemonade

First off thanks to the guys at PES for sending my samples to try out.

Taste: This is a big one for me, I have no been a fan of PES's flavors in the past. The flavor this time was good. It was very similar to the Alphamine flavoring imo but a lot less chemical tasting. The word that stuck out to me when drinking it was smooth. It drank really smooth and was enjoyable. The one thing I noticed was that it did have plenty of flavor but each sip I caught myself saying "I wish it had more lemonade flavor, I wish it had more raspberry flavor" The flavoring was not weak but some of the lemon and raspberry didn't come out as much as it could.

Mixability: I didn't notice any problems mixing it. I just went with a cup and spoon and didn't seem to have any problems.

Energy: For me the energy was fine. It wasn't the strongest but it was noticeable. As I get older I don't want crazy stimulants as much anymore so this worked out well. I took it on a Saturday morning and it acted like a strong cup of coffee and got me awake as I drove to the gym. If someone wanted something to really amp them up though they might be a bit disappointed.

Pump: Pump again was fine. It wasn't the strongest pump I've ever had from a product but it was better than not taking any type of pump product. It would be hard to compare to pump type products. I'd say it was better than 1g of agmatine by itself but not quite as good as taking a nitrate product. My biceps got fairly pumped during the first two exercises while my triceps didn't feel a pump until the rope extensions. During the rope extensions though the squeeze on my outter head of the tricep was pretty strong. Pump didn't seem to last that long either.

Focus: This is the main reason why I wanted to try the product. I first must say I think products like this, it's better to have a full tub because it could take some time to get used to the focus aspect of the product and really be able to navigate the focus the best way possible. The focus on Saturday was hit and miss. Some points during the workout I felt pretty focused, almost like it was about to put me in tunnel vision but never quite got there. Other times I felt like there wasn't anything going on in terms of extra laser like focus. While it was decent, it wasn't the tunnel vision I had hoped.

Summary: I took both packets that was sent to me based on the reviews I saw of others. I would say PES Prolific is more of an all around product imo than the best at anything. It provided energy, pump, and some focus but I wouldn't say I was blown away at any of the benefits it provided. This is a supplement that I would probably use though as I'm not looking for crazy stimulant feeling, I think I could better hone in on the focus aspect and the pump provided me with a good enough pump to be happy. I have not looked at the tub to see how many servings but I would recommend two servings, and I would prefer the two servings put into 1 scoop at 30 servings per tub.

I'm out of time but I'll try and get a small review of another sample that was sent to me.

4. OK, here's my review.

I received the Raspberry Lemonade samples. I took both packets at once on Saturday for Leg day. I used about 10 ounces of water. I was exhausted because of personal things at home right now and honestly almost didn't go to workout. I had fasted since 8PM the night before and due to situations at the house I didn't get much sleep the night before. I generally work out fasted in the AM, but it was almost noon before I was able to go to the gym.

After drinking the Prolific, it began to kick in on my drive to the gym. I think it took roughly 20-30 minutes to fully kick in. I had only had on caffeine tab about 4-5 hours previous, so I felt the caffeine kick in first, followed by the focus aspect of the nootropics.

I started warming up for Front Squats and I began to feel my mood get better and focus dialing in.

I actually was weak as hell on Saturday (probably due to lack of sleep and the extended fast), but was able to remain encouraged and push through the rest of my sets.

I didn't notice much in the way of pump until I hit my accessory movements after my Front Squats, as they were heavier and therefore lower rep. I hit four warmup sets and three main sets on my RPT routine.

After I hit Hamstring Curls (2 X 8) and Leg Extensions (2 X 15), I really felt the pump pretty well. I had a carb and BCAA intraworkout drink, so that may have played a role as well. It wasn't as big of a pump as say High Volume or Conqu3r, but it was there.

Focus and endurance were the biggest benefits to the this preworkout, IMO.

Here are my rankings, with explanations:

Mixability: 4/5

This mixed very easily, but there was some settling at the bottom. This was easily remedied by just swirling the solution around a bit.

Taste: 5/5

I absolutely loved this flavor, and IMO 10 ounces was almost perfect. I tend to enjoy tart preworkouts, so this really hit the spot for me.

Focus: 5/5

Great focus, and I think this was the highlight for me. I felt more "in the zone" than normal, even with the lack of motivation to initially get to the gym in the first place. I was able to push hard throughout my workout, and even though the strength wasn't there, I feel that the intensity absolutely was. I felt a good mind-muscle connection, and really enjoyed it.

Endurance: 4/5

This was another benefit for me, though not as strong as the focus aspect. I felt like I could keep going, and felt like I had to force myself to wait for the full rest time in between sets. I had good energy and drive throughout my workout.

Energy/Stims: 4/5

Good energy and good motivation to hit the gym after dosing. It wasn't super strong and didn't make me feel cracked out. Very smooth. Didn't quite last as long as I expected, but definitely lasted long enough for me to finish my full workout and lasted a bit after I arrived home as well. It didn't hit like a ton of bricks, and I really didn't expect it to. Very clean energy.

Pump: 3/5

Decent pump, but then again the main focus of this pre seems to be on focus/energy/endurance. If I had gone more high rep, perhaps I would have felt it more, as I did start to feel it when I hit my high rep Leg Extensions. I think that this stacked with High Volume would be pretty darn great.

Overall: 4/5

I feel like this is a good pre for those who enjoy stimulation from caffeine only, but with an added focus edge from the nootropics. It would also be good stacked with High Volume for extra pumps and endurance. I think I might actually consider purchasing a tub of this just to run it for a longer time than 1 workout. I feel that this is a good product, and definitely worthy of a look. I'm not sure what the price will be on this after the specials expire, but that might be the only downside.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to check this out!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    [email protected] com
  5. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Got my package (along with my insider purchase) today. Will be trying out 2 scoops in the AM for high volume chest.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    Got my package (along with my insider purchase) today. Will be trying out 2 scoops in the AM for high volume chest.
    High volume...i see what you did there haha

Hopefully you have a prolific workout
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - [email protected] .com
  7. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    High volume...i see what you did there haha

Hopefully you have a prolific workout
    lol

Pun not intended. I do a heavy/Max-OT week and a high volume week.

Excited I got some Sunrise Alphamine samples, though, so I can test out that flavor.
  8. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

^ glad you got that too if you haven't tried it out yet, it's a good one
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com
    Lockout Supplements representative; Use the code anabolic05 at lockoutsupplements.com

9. So cool to come back on here after being sick the last few days and getting to read all these reviews. Keep em coming!
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience

10. Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    ^ glad you got that too if you haven't tried it out yet, it's a good one
    Yea, Sunrise is my second favorite behind Mango (I have Sunrise alphamine). I wasn't a huge fan of the RL alphamine, but I'll probably give RL Prolific a shot one day.

11. Quote Originally Posted by BRUstrong View Post
    Yea, Sunrise is my second favorite behind Mango (I have Sunrise alphamine). I wasn't a huge fan of the RL alphamine, but I'll probably give RL Prolific a shot one day.
    its almost exactly the same flavor... if you weren't a fan of the original, I wouldn't bother with the new. Especially considering there are other, more appealing flavors.
  12. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

PEScience Prolific Giveaway & Reviews!

Everyone has their preference

RL is very similar to how it was originally from PEScience still, still something I come back to time and time again for variety. As RL goes I've always been a fan of ours

But with so many flavours now variety comes easy, I have 4 open Alphamine tubs right now
    Lockout Supplements representative; Use the code anabolic05 at lockoutsupplements.com

13. Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    Everyone has their preference

RL is very similar to how it was originally from PEScience still, still something I come back to time and time again for variety. As RL goes I've always been a fan of ours

But with so many flavours now variety comes easy, I have 4 open Alphamine tubs right now
    I'm definitely team RL. Get to give CC a try tonight though. Looking forward to that one!
    PEScience Representative
  14. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Trying out Sunrise (Alphamine) for the first time ever.

It's interesting.

Tastes like some kind of candy or something I had as a kid, but can't put my finger on it. Not my favorite thing ever, but not bad by any means. So far, not something I'd go out of my way to stock up on the way I did with OG margarita.

I do want to say thanks for sending me samples of this to try, though. I'd been wanting to try some of the new flavors for a while, so I'm happy to have the chance.

Will be trying out Prolific on Monday. Impromptu week off of lifting after missing 2 days to being sick and then realizing that the week off is probably best since it's been a looooong time since I've taken one off and my left wrist is still strained/sprained fairly bad from a fall during basketball a couple weeks back that I've just been lifting through lol.

15. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    Trying out Sunrise (Alphamine) for the first time ever.

It's interesting.

Tastes like some kind of candy or something I had as a kid, but can't put my finger on it. Not my favorite thing ever, but not bad by any means. So far, not something I'd go out of my way to stock up on the way I did with OG margarita.

I do want to say thanks for sending me samples of this to try, though. I'd been wanting to try some of the new flavors for a while, so I'm happy to have the chance.

Will be trying out Prolific on Monday. Impromptu week off of lifting after missing 2 days to being sick and then realizing that the week off is probably best since it's been a looooong time since I've taken one off and my left wrist is still strained/sprained fairly bad from a fall during basketball a couple weeks back that I've just been lifting through lol.
    I get pixie sticks out of the flavor. Very enjoyable for me.
    PEScience Representative

16. We still giving away a few tubs here? More follow up reviewers?
    PEScience Representative

17. Review of my samples coming by this Friday!

18. Quote Originally Posted by SpicedCider View Post
    Review of my samples coming by this Friday!
    Perfect brother. Looking forward to it. More people need to drop some feedback.
    PEScience Representative
  19. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Okay, so I feel comfortable giving a review now after using several times.

Thank you for the 2 samples of Raspberry Lemonade Prolific (and the other products -- so far I've only sampled the Sunrise Alphamine). I also purchased 6 tubs during the insider. I cracked open Cotton Candy to try for myself (heard a lot of positive feedback on Mango Splash and was tempted to go that route, but I'd had CC High Volume in the past and while not bad, it wasn't a favorite for me, so I wanted to see how it stacked up).

Flavor:

Raspberry Lemonade is one I hadn't tried since the OG Alphamine. I'd tried out High Volume, as well, and it tasted similar, but just slightly different. I absolutely loved RL OG Alphamine, though -- one of my favorites (right with Margarita). Anyway, this was like HV in the sense that it's similar, but not dead on. It almost tasted slightly sweeter and like there was less of a tartness. It's good, but the flavoring on the OG Alphamine was still my favorite variation I've tried. Unfortunately, with 2 sample packets I wasn't able to play around with water levels to see if that made a difference.

Cotton Candy tasted better than its counterpart in High Volume (from what I recall). I recently tried out the Cotton Candy flavor of Bang and it wasn't what I'd hoped for. It was good, but not wonderful. Between that and Focus XT Cotton Candy, I've come to the conclusion that I just like other flavors more than CC in general. However, I really like this variation the few times I've used it so far. Less water makes the taste better, IMO. My go-to shaker cups are the OG USP Labs ones (the wider cups) and I generally just fill with a few ice cubes and then add water. Most of the time with things, I'll fill it to about 2" from the top, which is what I did the first time here (because with the ice cubes in there, it doesn't leave as much since I drink quickly). Anyway, I learned to add probably 5 oz. less water next time and that was where it was at for me. So I'm not using like 4 oz. water lol; but not as much as I normally would for a pre (and this is for 2 scoops, because just 1 won't line up for what I'm wanting out of a pre when it comes to the amounts of the ingredients).

Mixability: both mix up just fine. As I stated, I use the OG USP shakers most of the time and they're not clear, so I don't sit there and look around, but I don't notice anything left over and I never use the strainer type lids or blender balls. Works fine with just a shake.

Pump: Works well for me. I also have no trouble getting a good pump these days. Lately I've been using Max Reps, then Dust Extreme, and a combo of Max Out + HemaVO2. I didn't see anything diminish from that. Again, I'll only 2 scoop this, though.

Energy: I'm going to be a little biased because I added a cap of Bronkaid with each dosing (25mg ephedrine). But the combination made this solid. I've used this both for weight training (2 sessions) and basketball. No over-stimmed feeling or anything like that, but didn't feel like it was weak and never felt it wear off, either. Pretty much exactly what I'm wanting. So, for the sake of science I should try it without Bronkaid, but at this point I don't plan on doing that. I just like this too much and don't want to risk feeling a lack since I know this works well. Happy with this component.

Focus: Again, keep in mind I've added 25mg ephedrine to this, but I'm very pleased with this. I didn't expect this to be ground-breaking for pumps or any one category, really. And I don't need that as I can add things to those areas if needed. I basically was hoping for a well-rounded pre with good pump, good energy, and solid focus. I never got crazy tunnel vision, but I also did feel focused through my entire workout. I didn't feel my ADD kicking in and wandering-mind. Again, it's hard to say more with only having used this 3 times, but I've been happy with the experience so far.

Overall: This has pleasantly surpassed what I expected (but to be clear, I didn't think this was earth-shattering when it was being released). I'm happy with the Cotton Candy flavor and most happy with the energy and focus that while they don't come on strong, they don't fade quickly or noticeably and there's no observable crash thus far, either.

20. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    Okay, so I feel comfortable giving a review now after using several times.

Thank you for the 2 samples of Raspberry Lemonade Prolific (and the other products -- so far I've only sampled the Sunrise Alphamine). I also purchased 6 tubs during the insider. I cracked open Cotton Candy to try for myself (heard a lot of positive feedback on Mango Splash and was tempted to go that route, but I'd had CC High Volume in the past and while not bad, it wasn't a favorite for me, so I wanted to see how it stacked up).

Flavor:

Raspberry Lemonade is one I hadn't tried since the OG Alphamine. I'd tried out High Volume, as well, and it tasted similar, but just slightly different. I absolutely loved RL OG Alphamine, though -- one of my favorites (right with Margarita). Anyway, this was like HV in the sense that it's similar, but not dead on. It almost tasted slightly sweeter and like there was less of a tartness. It's good, but the flavoring on the OG Alphamine was still my favorite variation I've tried. Unfortunately, with 2 sample packets I wasn't able to play around with water levels to see if that made a difference.

Cotton Candy tasted better than its counterpart in High Volume (from what I recall). I recently tried out the Cotton Candy flavor of Bang and it wasn't what I'd hoped for. It was good, but not wonderful. Between that and Focus XT Cotton Candy, I've come to the conclusion that I just like other flavors more than CC in general. However, I really like this variation the few times I've used it so far. Less water makes the taste better, IMO. My go-to shaker cups are the OG USP Labs ones (the wider cups) and I generally just fill with a few ice cubes and then add water. Most of the time with things, I'll fill it to about 2" from the top, which is what I did the first time here (because with the ice cubes in there, it doesn't leave as much since I drink quickly). Anyway, I learned to add probably 5 oz. less water next time and that was where it was at for me. So I'm not using like 4 oz. water lol; but not as much as I normally would for a pre (and this is for 2 scoops, because just 1 won't line up for what I'm wanting out of a pre when it comes to the amounts of the ingredients).

Mixability: both mix up just fine. As I stated, I use the OG USP shakers most of the time and they're not clear, so I don't sit there and look around, but I don't notice anything left over and I never use the strainer type lids or blender balls. Works fine with just a shake.

Pump: Works well for me. I also have no trouble getting a good pump these days. Lately I've been using Max Reps, then Dust Extreme, and a combo of Max Out + HemaVO2. I didn't see anything diminish from that. Again, I'll only 2 scoop this, though.

Energy: I'm going to be a little biased because I added a cap of Bronkaid with each dosing (25mg ephedrine). But the combination made this solid. I've used this both for weight training (2 sessions) and basketball. No over-stimmed feeling or anything like that, but didn't feel like it was weak and never felt it wear off, either. Pretty much exactly what I'm wanting. So, for the sake of science I should try it without Bronkaid, but at this point I don't plan on doing that. I just like this too much and don't want to risk feeling a lack since I know this works well. Happy with this component.

Focus: Again, keep in mind I've added 25mg ephedrine to this, but I'm very pleased with this. I didn't expect this to be ground-breaking for pumps or any one category, really. And I don't need that as I can add things to those areas if needed. I basically was hoping for a well-rounded pre with good pump, good energy, and solid focus. I never got crazy tunnel vision, but I also did feel focused through my entire workout. I didn't feel my ADD kicking in and wandering-mind. Again, it's hard to say more with only having used this 3 times, but I've been happy with the experience so far.

Overall: This has pleasantly surpassed what I expected (but to be clear, I didn't think this was earth-shattering when it was being released). I'm happy with the Cotton Candy flavor and most happy with the energy and focus that while they don't come on strong, they don't fade quickly or noticeably and there's no observable crash thus far, either.
    Just catching this review. Very great detail brother and thank you for sharing. Would love the follow up when used without the bronkaid.
    PEScience Representative

21. Prolific Picture Promo
    Another promo for you PEScience fans!
    PEScience Representative

22. This still going?
    [email protected] com

23. Quote Originally Posted by Misfit28 View Post
    This still going?
    Would have to check with driven but I'm pretty sure it is. Waiting on more reviewers to post.
    PEScience Representative

24. Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift View Post
    Would have to check with driven but I'm pretty sure it is. Waiting on more reviewers to post.
    Right on. Just checking in.

It does seem like more people requested samples than have left reviews.
    [email protected] com

25. Quote Originally Posted by Misfit28 View Post
    Right on. Just checking in.

It does seem like more people requested samples than have left reviews.
    For sure. I know we extended this to give the people receiving samples a chance to try it. Should all have them by now though.
    PEScience Representative

26. Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift View Post
    For sure. I know we extended this to give the people receiving samples a chance to try it. Should all have them by now though.
    yeah we got them like two+ weeks ago ha... if they haven't reviewed by now I'm doubting they will

27. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    yeah we got them like two+ weeks ago ha... if they haven't reviewed by now I'm doubting they will
    Very true, LOL.
    [email protected] com

28. I never got any samples. I think I sent stuff in for a request. I'd review it if I did.
  29. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

A few of the samples were sent overseas, I will double check who is missing still and ask them if they have received,

Will try to close up this promo soon so we can focus on the new ones
  30. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by blueline438 View Post
    I never got any samples. I think I sent stuff in for a request. I'd review it if I did.
    Did we speak via pm?
    Sorry my inbox was emptied, I still have the master list but it used real names rather than usernames.
    Throw me your name in a pm so I can figure this out for you brother
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-12-2017, 03:32 AM
  2. Met-RX Amped Review
    By RB12 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-12-2007, 12:42 PM
  3. No BS Amp review (although late)...
    By Alpine in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-03-2006, 05:15 AM