Water manipulation/carb loading

Pmo1212

Awards
I'm trying to dry out and drop all my water for a little photo shoot I have that's nothing huge but I'd still like to look good. From what I understand if you pull most water from your body using diuretics etc... And carb load during this process, the carbs will pull out even more water in order to fill the muscle since glycogen bond with water. Do I have this right? Will I look more dry, leaner, shredded using this method?

Pmo1212

Awards
Just realized I posted this in the wrong section due to my slow ass computer lagging ...if anyone could still answer id appreciate

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
There are great natural diuretic products like formutech carve but Dandelion root works great. When i prepare for shows. 7 days out 1 gallon then 1/2 gallon then quart and 1 day before I am doing shot glasses of water just so my food goes down.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
How long until your shoot? Don't begin carb loading until you start dropping your water intake. Typically, I would suggest that 7 days out you should keep carbs very low and water intake high (1-2 gallons). Then 2-3 days out begin to taper your water, and carb load the last 24-36 hours before your shoot. See what others have to say though, this is just my protocol and it has always worked well for me.

If you're taking in a lot of water and you start a carb load, you will hold water beneath the skin and you won't have that dry look. I only begin to carb up after my water intake has dropped. There are plenty of great articles online for this type of thing though, do some searches. Diuretics will definitely help, but I hate the water retention rebound I get after using them so I tend to stay away from them. To each his own though, good luck!