Win Modular Series BAIBA

henryv

Awards
  • Established
At Antaeus Labs we're pleased to finally be able to confirm the upcoming release of our sole-ingredient BAIBA product as part of the Modular Series. Yes, we've been promising this product for months now, and each assurance that it would be out "in a few weeks" has so far come to naught. But this time we're confident that it's finally about to drop, and to make up for the delay we'd like to give away a few tubs of this brand new product.

Five winners will each win a tub of Modular Series BAIBA.

Beta-aminoisobutyric acid, or BAIBA for short, represents a new paradigm in the weight-loss equation.

When you exercise, benefits of that exercise are seen in parts of the body that weren't even exercised. These metabolic benefits are understood to be the result of "messenger" molecules that are released into the blood stream and travel to other tissues where the benefits of exercise are realised. One such messenger molecule, or "myokine", is the amino acid beta-aminoisobutyric acid.

• Exercise mimetic
  • Metabolic booster
  • Thermogenic
BAIBA is an amino acid that your body produces in response to exercise. After being released into the blood stream, it starts a thermogenic program in fat tissue, raising energy expenditure and reducing weight gain when tested in mice. When mouse or human white fat cells are exposed to BAIBA, they become fat-burning "beige" fat cells. Beige (or BRITE) fat cells contain the protein UCP-1 - also known as "thermogenin" because it burns triglycerides to produce heat.

Antaeus Labs Modular Series BAIBA contains just the naturally-occurring amino acid BAIBA, in powder form for easy dosing. It's tasteless and odorless, and mixes well with a soft drink or protein shake. It is suitable for both men and women.

BAIBA isn't the only thing to have been delayed over the years; there are numerous examples of building projects overrunning and going overbudget, movies getting stuck in "development hell", and game releases being put back by months or even years - and that's the theme of our puzzle.
Solve each clue and fill the answers into the grid to reveal a word spelled downwards in the shaded squares. The bolded words are anagrams of the answers, the numbers in brackets indicate how long the words are that comprise the answer, and a few letters have already been filled in to help you get started.

1. A term for software (often games) that has been announced, then subsequently delayed, and often will never be released. Prewar ova. (9)
2. This US airport was completed 16 months behind schedule and nearly $2 billion over budget. Nor an inadvertent lie. (6,13)
3. Video game fans are patiently awaiting this next installment of Gordon Freeman's adventures. Fall here, thief. (4,4,5)
4. This author of "Gödel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid" has an eponymous law stating that "It always takes longer than you expect..." Host farted. (10)
5. A classic example of #1, this video game was announced in 1997 - and finally released in 2011. Ken revoked emu fur. (4,5,7)
6. This Typhoon fighter aircraft, manufactured by a consortium of European aerospace manufacturers, suffered years of delays and exceeded the estimated budget by billions of dollars. Other figure. (11)
7. This performing arts venue (where Arnold Schwarzenegger won his final Mr Olympia), the ______ _____ House, was designed in 1956, and the original estimated cost of the project was $7 million. It was finally completed and opened in 1973 at an eventual cost of $102 million. Yes, a red pony. (6,5)

Submit the word spelled out by the grey squares, along with your forum username (and/or full name and address), via the contact form on my blog. Use a working email address and the subject "BAIBA Competition". Closing date for entries is Tuesday 7th April 2015.

Terms and conditions:
Entrants must be 18 or over. Winners will be chosen at random from all correct entries received by the closing date. One entry per person. The winner accepts full responsibility for the use of the prize(s). No cash alternative is available. No responsibility is taken for items lost in transit. It is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure prizes are compliant with local laws and import regulations.
Entrants’ personal data will not be used for marketing purposes or shared with third parties except where necessary to arrange delivery of the prize(s). Country/state & initials, or preferred pseudonym (e.g. forum username), will be used to announce the winners. Competition will be run across several forums and entrants pooled.

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
This is incredible stuff guys, not even us reps have gotten our hands on it yet, so let's see some apps!

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Put my entry in great puzzle and number 6 was a tough one

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I hear Baiba is Bae...therefore submitted ;)

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have never played a video game in my life, So I'm Out!

henryv

Awards
  • Established
I have never played a video game in my life, So I'm Out!
You are welcome to use Google (or another search engine of your choice) to help find the answers. I think all of them except perhaps #1 are reasonably easy to find that way.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You made me work for that one. But submission on the way !!

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
At Antaeus Labs we're pleased to finally be able to confirm the upcoming release of our sole-ingredient BAIBA product as part of the Modular Series. Yes, we've been promising this product for months now, and each assurance that it would be out "in a few weeks" has so far come to naught. But this time we're confident that it's finally about to drop, and to make up for the delay we'd like to give away a few tubs of this brand new product.

Beta-aminoisobutyric acid, or BAIBA for short, represents a new paradigm in the weight-loss equation.

When you exercise, benefits of that exercise are seen in parts of the body that weren't even exercised. These metabolic benefits are understood to be the result of "messenger" molecules that are released into the blood stream and travel to other tissues where the benefits of exercise are realised. One such messenger molecule, or "myokine", is the amino acid beta-aminoisobutyric acid.

• Exercise mimetic
  • Metabolic booster
  • Thermogenic
BAIBA is an amino acid that your body produces in response to exercise. After being released into the blood stream, it starts a thermogenic program in fat tissue, raising energy expenditure and reducing weight gain when tested in mice. When mouse or human white fat cells are exposed to BAIBA, they become fat-burning "beige" fat cells. Beige (or BRITE) fat cells contain the protein UCP-1 - also known as "thermogenin" because it burns triglycerides to produce heat.

Antaeus Labs Modular Series BAIBA contains just the naturally-occurring amino acid BAIBA, in powder form for easy dosing. It's tasteless and odorless, and mixes well with a soft drink or protein shake. It is suitable for both men and women.

BAIBA isn't the only thing to have been delayed over the years; there are numerous examples of building projects overrunning and going overbudget, movies getting stuck in "development hell", and game releases being put back by months or even years - and that's the theme of our puzzle.
Solve each clue and fill the answers into the grid to reveal a word spelled downwards in the shaded squares. The bolded words are anagrams of the answers, the numbers in brackets indicate how long the words are that comprise the answer, and a few letters have already been filled in to help you get started.

1. A term for software (often games) that has been announced, then subsequently delayed, and often will never be released. Prewar ova. (9)
2. This US airport was completed 16 months behind schedule and nearly $2 billion over budget. Nor an inadvertent lie. (6,13)
3. Video game fans are patiently awaiting this next installment of Gordon Freeman's adventures. Fall here, thief. (4,4,5)
4. This author of "Gödel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid" has an eponymous law stating that "It always takes longer than you expect..." Host farted. (10)
5. A classic example of #1, this video game was announced in 1997 - and finally released in 2011. Ken revoked emu fur. (4,5,7)
6. This Typhoon fighter aircraft, manufactured by a consortium of European aerospace manufacturers, suffered years of delays and exceeded the estimated budget by billions of dollars. Other figure. (11)
7. This performing arts venue (where Arnold Schwarzenegger won his final Mr Olympia), the ______ _____ House, was designed in 1956, and the original estimated cost of the project was $7 million. It was finally completed and opened in 1973 at an eventual cost of $102 million. Yes, a red pony. (6,5)

Submit the word spelled out by the grey squares, along with your forum username (and/or full name and address), via the contact form on my blog. Use a working email address and the subject "BAIBA Competition". Closing date for entries is Tuesday 7th April 2015.

Terms and conditions:
Entrants must be 18 or over. Winners will be chosen at random from all correct entries received by the closing date. One entry per person. The winner accepts full responsibility for the use of the prize(s). No cash alternative is available. No responsibility is taken for items lost in transit. It is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure prizes are compliant with local laws and import regulations.
Entrants’ personal data will not be used for marketing purposes or shared with third parties except where necessary to arrange delivery of the prize(s). Country/state & initials, or preferred pseudonym (e.g. forum username), will be used to announce the winners. Competition will be run across several forums and entrants pooled.
What is this BAIBA you speak of?

Google come hither!

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
interdasting

henryv

Awards
  • Established

The answers are:
1 - Vaporware
2 - Denver International
3 - Half-Life Three
4 - Hofstadter
5 - Duke Nukem Forever
6 - Eurofighter
7 - Sydney Opera

The word spelled out by the letters in the grey squares was ANTAEUS. Many thanks to all who took the time to enter.

The five winners are weekend, kdubson14, misfit28, Bam24, and gmc4180.
The winners' packages will ship as soon as the product is ready; I'll endeavour to let you each know by email when that happens.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Congrats everyone!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Congratulations Folks!!

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Did anyone log this stuff? I can't find much info at all. I'll run it at a gm a day for 3mos on a log if I could get positive feedback confirming the claims.